FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > NDAs

NDAs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ver the hill for fab OP   Man  over a year ago

LONDON

What do people think/if i was a multi millionaire i could co

mmit all kinds of sex crimes as long as i pay my victim's and be allowed to continue to do so should they be outlawed its like having diplomatic amunety

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was the victim forced?

Why do they feel they have no choice but to sign it?

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Even if you sign an NDA it doesn’t prevent you from reporting a crime

LONDON

"Even if you sign an NDA it doesn’t prevent you from reporting a crime"
i thought it could not be used in court

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

An agreement entered into willingly should stand imho. Otherwise what's the point of making agreements like Wills, NDAs etc if they can be challenged?

LONDON

"An agreement entered into willingly should stand imho. Otherwise what's the point of making agreements like Wills, NDAs etc if they can be challenged?"
this is mainly about epstien and maxwell they went on to commit other crimes

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

"An agreement entered into willingly should stand imho. Otherwise what's the point of making agreements like Wills, NDAs etc if they can be challenged?this is mainly about epstien and maxwell they went on to commit other crimes "

The case of Guiffre vs Prince Andrew is a case under civil law i'e. a claim for monetary damages. The Epstein NDA may (or may not) protect PA from liability. Any pending cases under criminal law are a different matter altogether.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've had to sign them before but it was about not sharing insider knowledge from a business with a competitor.

I also think they're kind of fair when one is part of an agreement not to go to the press about certain things or attempt to sue at a later date when someone accepts a payoff.

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I believe NDAs are a contract. It is my understanding that UK law does not allow contracts to override criminal activities - for example I cannot sign a contract for you to kill someone on my behalf and have that absolve me from responsibility.

If you sign an NDA to ensure that you don’t talk about my business secrets then that is enforceable. If you sign an NDA to ensure you don’t talk about the crime I committed then that is not enforceable.

LONDON

"I've had to sign them before but it was about not sharing insider knowledge from a business with a competitor.

I also think they're kind of fair when one is part of an agreement not to go to the press about certain things or attempt to sue at a later date when someone accepts a payoff.

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently. "

yes work related commercial information no problem but sex crimes i don't think they can ever be justified it allows the person to do the same again and again

"An agreement entered into willingly should stand imho. Otherwise what's the point of making agreements like Wills, NDAs etc if they can be challenged?this is mainly about epstien and maxwell they went on to commit other crimes

The case of Guiffre vs Prince Andrew is a case under civil law i'e. a claim for monetary damages. The Epstein NDA may (or may not) protect PA from liability. Any pending cases under criminal law are a different matter altogether. "

Oh interesting

"I've had to sign them before but it was about not sharing insider knowledge from a business with a competitor.

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently. yes work related commercial information no problem but sex crimes i don't think they can ever be justified it allows the person to do the same again and again "

It can't cover crimes, as pointed out above. It only covers civil cases which are looking for damages

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

An NDA can't be used to prevent someone from reporting a crime, or to shield someone from a court action, but that's not what's happening.

The reason Prince Andrew's lawyers are brining it up is to remind everyone that it exists, especically the executors of Epstein's estate. If Virginia Giuffre continues with this case and takes it to trial, she will have broken the terms of the NDA. That means that the executors of Epstein's estate can sue her for breach of contract and demand that their $500,000 be returned.

PA's lawyers aren't expecting the judge to say that the NDA disallows the trial, they're expecting that VG will reflect on how much money she stands to gain or lose.

The national laws, policies and regulations over ride any NDA....It cannot replace laws or be used to coerce or conceal crime

Anyone who uses an NDA to silence is just using it as another way to silence and manipulate their victims, it holds no weight

I have signed an NDA as my son works from here and with sensitive information.

Not sex related, but I worked for a bank for a year in fraud prevention. hated it, and when I left they reminded me of the staff NDA in my contract of employment. Me: I've never received or signed a contract of employment..

HR: What!?...checks, confirmed...can you sign it before you go?

Me: Nah....bye!

HR:

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently. yes work related commercial information no problem but sex crimes i don't think they can ever be justified it allows the person to do the same again and again "

I think you a referring to an agreement on a settlement not a NDA. The agreement was signed with stipulations that if the settlement was accepted it would bring an end to the matter now and she would also give up her right to pursue the matter further against any other individuals.

Liverpool

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently. yes work related commercial information no problem but sex crimes i don't think they can ever be justified it allows the person to do the same again and again

It can't cover crimes, as pointed out above. It only covers civil cases which are looking for damages "

The question was what do people think they should cover, not what do they currently cover.

Liverpool

I definitely don't think they should apply to silence someone from reporting a crime though. Civil issues and criminal ones should be treated differently. yes work related commercial information no problem but sex crimes i don't think they can ever be justified it allows the person to do the same again and again

I think you a referring to an agreement on a settlement not a NDA. The agreement was signed with stipulations that if the settlement was accepted it would bring an end to the matter now and she would also give up her right to pursue the matter further against any other individuals."

I was answering the question in general. I wasn't referring to any specific case though I get that there's a specific case the OP is probably referring to.

» Add a new message to this topic