FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it possible

Is it possible

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iddylad87 OP   Man  over a year ago

kidderminster

To get a mortgage with a poor credit rating? I’ve had terrible credit for years owing to a gambling addiction, that led me to run up credit and store cards.

Would the fact that I’ve been livin in rented accommodation for the last 4 years and never been late with my rent stand me in good stead? Or would I still be up schitt creek?

Any advice will be appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

im sure it wouldnt help, try cab for advice, they are good at this sort of thing, good luck

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Yep it’s possible. A decent mortgage broker would be best for this advice though

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

There are limits set by government on how much you can borrow. If you have a bad credit rating, that will decrease the number of lenders open to you and probably push your interest rate up, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to borrow up to your allowed limit. It all depends on how bad your credit rating is.

Go to a good mortgage broker who has a good range of lenders and you should find out your options easily enough.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I can't remember what he did but my partner did something online where he registered his rent payments to count towards his credit score as they don't normally effect it. He had poor credit due to not having a bank account for a few years. You can also improve it by buying things on credit cards and paying it off the same month. There's also ways of getting around poor credit such as guarantor mortgages.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do the credit score checks, several places do them for free. Check your score and any reasons if it’s poor. Address those reasons (just being on the electoral role (particularly if you are renting where people often forget to update!) can increase your score

If you’ve been making all your payments for four years you may be surprised how your rating has improved.

Check it on a free site like credit karma.

It’s been said above but sign up to one of the credit score improvement sites.

I had a similar situation to you in my youth and soon turned it around.

Total money is a good site to use.

Good luck

If you've ever defaulted etc on repayments it can stay on you credit file for 6 years. I think CCJ's may be different. But if you haven't got any of those then you might be quite good on your credit score. Best to check your score like others said and go from there.

PW

» Add a new message to this topic