FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can anyone help me with my wet bottom?

Can anyone help me with my wet bottom?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

The bottom of my fridge is constantly wet. Nowt appears to be leaking so what's up with it?

No one wants a soggy lettuce.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh, is the wee hole bit blocked up?

By *iver1ukMan  over a year ago

kettering

Check the drain hole at the bottom, right at the back. And temp

Every fridge Ive ever had does this. My salad drawers are always swimming!

Eek, could that have sounded any dodgier?!

The wee hole bit at the back might be blocked. Get a cotton wool bud and wiggle it around Your appliance should also have come with a wee stick specifically for that hole, to sort out any blockages.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Most fridges are designed to deal with a small amount of condensation through a drain at the bottom of the fridge cavity. But if you're starting to notice more water than usual, there are a couple of things you can do.

Drainage problems

There are a couple of things to look for if water is pooling at the bottom of your fridge.

Unblock the drainage hole

The first thing to check is the drainage hole. You should find it at the back of the fridge at the bottom of the back wall.

Fridges are designed so condensation can filter through this hole into a small pan that sits on top of the compressor. The heat from the compressor then causes the water to evaporate.

Problems can happen when the drain gets blocked. Try cleaning it with something like a pipe cleaner, or cotton bud, making sure any blockages are removed.

Check for ice build-up

Sometimes, ice can build up on the back wall of your fridge. This can be caused by the fridge being overfilled, preventing air from moving around and keeping the fridge frost-free.

If ice builds up, this can stop water from draining out of the fridge. The only way to fix it, is to de-ice the fridge by turning it off and letting the ice melt.

Once the fridge is free from ice, it's a good idea to check the drainage hole to make sure it's clear before turning it back on.

Fixing condensation problems

When you open your fridge door, warm air rushing in can cause water droplets to form on the back wall or ceiling.

Here are a few things you can do to keep condensation to a minimum:

# 1. Make sure food is at room temperature or lower before putting it in the fridge.

#2. If your fridge isn't level, water won't flow to the drain correctly. Raise the front floor screws by a couple of turns to change the level of your fridge.

#3. Make sure the door closes properly and the rubber gasket forms a complete seal? To test this, try closing the door on a sheet of paper. If you can pull it out without a problem, the seal could be too loose and may need replacing.

#4. Make sure your fridge temperature isn't too high (or too cold). It should be set between 0-5°

#5. Always close the fridge door as quickly as possible after opening it. Leaving the door open allows warm air to enter and increases the possibility of condensation.

#6. Make sure your fridge is clean inside and out. Give the door seals a good wipe down to make sure they're making proper contact with the fridge. Get the WPro Fridge Care Kit to help keep your fridge in tip-top condition.

Or it may be time for a new fridge.

"Oh, is the wee hole bit blocked up?"

That sound like a problem for a doctor……oh wait, the fridges wee hole

Under the Duvet

"Oh, is the wee hole bit blocked up?"

Wee hole made me laugh more than it should

Is it an old fridge?

Could be the condenser unit.

Poor door seals allowing warm air to enter

Blocked drainage holes

Overloaded with healthy nutritious food?!

Or this could be an elaborate script for a film. Fridge floods the kitchen and you are caught in lingerie as the water rises and an engineer arrives and rescues you ……..

I had this issue last year, I looked on good old YouTube and unblocked the drainage hole as has been mentioned.

nothing happened so I defrosted the fridge and found the drainage hole had iced up before I defrosted it .I had to experiment with temps as it depends on how full your fridge is to know what temp to use, I have had no issues since fingers crossed.

"Is it an old fridge?

Could be the condenser unit.

Poor door seals allowing warm air to enter

Blocked drainage holes

Overloaded with healthy nutritious food?!

Or this could be an elaborate script for a film. Fridge floods the kitchen and you are caught in lingerie as the water rises and an engineer arrives and rescues you …….."

funny

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

There's an unblock kit to sort out your hole

"Most fridges are designed to deal with a small amount of condensation through a drain at the bottom of the fridge cavity. But if you're starting to notice more water than usual, there are a couple of things you can do.

Drainage problems

There are a couple of things to look for if water is pooling at the bottom of your fridge.

The first thing to check is the drainage hole. You should find it at the back of the fridge at the bottom of the back wall.

Fridges are designed so condensation can filter through this hole into a small pan that sits on top of the compressor. The heat from the compressor then causes the water to evaporate.

Problems can happen when the drain gets blocked. Try cleaning it with something like a pipe cleaner, or cotton bud, making sure any blockages are removed.

Check for ice build-up

Sometimes, ice can build up on the back wall of your fridge. This can be caused by the fridge being overfilled, preventing air from moving around and keeping the fridge frost-free.

If ice builds up, this can stop water from draining out of the fridge. The only way to fix it, is to de-ice the fridge by turning it off and letting the ice melt.

Once the fridge is free from ice, it's a good idea to check the drainage hole to make sure it's clear before turning it back on.

When you open your fridge door, warm air rushing in can cause water droplets to form on the back wall or ceiling.

# 1. Make sure food is at room temperature or lower before putting it in the fridge.

#2. If your fridge isn't level, water won't flow to the drain correctly. Raise the front floor screws by a couple of turns to change the level of your fridge.

#3. Make sure the door closes properly and the rubber gasket forms a complete seal? To test this, try closing the door on a sheet of paper. If you can pull it out without a problem, the seal could be too loose and may need replacing.

#4. Make sure your fridge temperature isn't too high (or too cold). It should be set between 0-5°

#5. Always close the fridge door as quickly as possible after opening it. Leaving the door open allows warm air to enter and increases the possibility of condensation.

#6. Make sure your fridge is clean inside and out. Give the door seals a good wipe down to make sure they're making proper contact with the fridge. Get the WPro Fridge Care Kit to help keep your fridge in tip-top condition.

Or it may be time for a new fridge."

I'm sorry but has nobody noticed the amount of information this man has produced lol...

Standing ovation required, and not in a patronising way either

It is however... Probably a blocked wee bit as other's have suggested

Craggy Island

"Most fridges are designed to deal with a small amount of condensation through a drain at the bottom of the fridge cavity. But if you're starting to notice more water than usual, there are a couple of things you can do.

Drainage problems

Check for ice build-up

I'm sorry but has nobody noticed the amount of information this man has produced lol...

It is however... Probably a blocked wee bit as other's have suggested "

Thank you, I would have gone for blocked first. It always the simplest answer first, but I do like to do put the work in.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Poke a straw in your hole! Mine does this gets blocked x

By *ittlechick77Couple  over a year ago

Staines

Drainage problems

Check for ice build-up

Thank you, I would have gone for blocked first. It always the simplest answer first, but I do like to do put the work in.

"

if we we playing guess the job of the person above kitchen appliance engineer would come to mind

Craggy Island

Drainage problems

Check for ice build-up

if we we playing guess the job of the person above kitchen appliance engineer would come to mind"

You would be wrong, but thanks anyway.

By *actileGent69Man  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Ensure your items don't touch the back wall of the fridge, condensation drips can then flow into the fridge instead of the small hole at the back. Also keep the door open as little as possible or more moisture laden air will enter.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yeah like dieu said, check your wee hole at the back and make sure nothing has entered it.

And prepare to gag.

Under the Duvet

"Check the drain hole at the bottom, right at the back. And temp"

Yes am gonna twiddle my hole

Thank you

» Add a new message to this topic