FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cute...

Cute...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Regardless of whether they mean it or not (that's a whole 'nother conversation), the most common complimentary adjectives I receive on my headless pics are things such as "sexy", "hot", "gorgeous" etc. Then once I show my face I am suddenly none of those things. For I am... "cute".

And I get it's still a nice thing to hear - I'm not fishing for compliments. But like, what does it mean? In the Language of Men, what differentiates "cute" from "sexy" et al? What makes you look at someone and go "cor, she's sexy!"? Would you treat/fuck someone you deem "cute" different to someone you deem "sexy"?

And most importantly, how do I go about becoming a sexy seductive goddess of all things sexy and seductive when I am forever destined to look like an innocent little fat wood nymph?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Regardless of whether they mean it or not (that's a whole 'nother conversation), the most common complimentary adjectives I receive on my headless pics are things such as "sexy", "hot", "gorgeous" etc. Then once I show my face I am suddenly none of those things. For I am... "cute".

And I get it's still a nice thing to hear - I'm not fishing for compliments. But like, what does it mean? In the Language of Men, what differentiates "cute" from "sexy" et al? What makes you look at someone and go "cor, she's sexy!"? Would you treat/fuck someone you deem "cute" different to someone you deem "sexy"?

And most importantly, how do I go about becoming a sexy seductive goddess of all things sexy and seductive when I am forever destined to look like an innocent little fat wood nymph? "

Cute,sexy,hot all nice complimentary so grab them with both hands

"Regardless of whether they mean it or not (that's a whole 'nother conversation), the most common complimentary adjectives I receive on my headless pics are things such as "sexy", "hot", "gorgeous" etc. Then once I show my face I am suddenly none of those things. For I am... "cute".

And most importantly, how do I go about becoming a sexy seductive goddess of all things sexy and seductive when I am forever destined to look like an innocent little fat wood nymph? "

For me (and I'm unlikely to be representative of all men) cute means I want to wrap you in my arms and protect you - then have my wicked way with you.

Sexy means I want to have my wicked way with you and then I'll wrap you in my arms and protect you.

Obviously, you may or may not consent to any or all of the above but it's what is going through my head.

Mr

I’m happy to upgrade my ‘you look nice’ for your cute so I completely get what you are saying OP. It feels like you’ve just been downgraded.

For me sexy is about the way someone is not the way they look.

Hot is the way someone acts not the way they look.

Beautiful is what’s inside rather than what’s outside.

Though I know for a lot of people it’s all surface level compliments but words can hurt

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Preach sister! A baby is cute, a puppy is cute. I don't wanna be cute, I wanna be sexy dammit!

But I think sexiness can be defined in body type and facial structure whereas I don't think anyone has a cute body but can have a cute face. When I think sexy, I think defined or striking facial features whereas cute can be more (for lack of a better term) smaller or chubbier facial features. I have slightly chubby cheeks despite my want for a chiseled jawline

I get called cute and it was explained to me recently that it was definitely meant in a sexy kinda way. So I'm taking it and so should you!

"I get called cute and it was explained to me recently that it was definitely meant in a sexy kinda way. So I'm taking it and so should you! "

That's from men who have seen my face btw

Ah I like cute. I always say guys look nice but to me that means hot/sexy etc!

I've had oh! a few times, that's worse than cute!

I don't think I've ever met anyone who called me cute. I find it's normally a polite way of ending a conversation. On here anyway. *shrugs*

"Preach sister! A baby is cute, a puppy is cute. I don't wanna be cute, I wanna be sexy dammit!

But I think sexiness can be defined in body type and facial structure whereas I don't think anyone has a cute body but can have a cute face. When I think sexy, I think defined or striking facial features whereas cute can be more (for lack of a better term) smaller or chubbier facial features. I have slightly chubby cheeks despite my want for a chiseled jawline "

Someone who gets it!! I know I have a babyface, and I've been noticing for years that I get called cute a lot but I thought it was something I might grow out of. Not gonna lie, now that I'm a bit older it would be nice to feel more... womanly.

By *atty CoramWoman  over a year ago

Wimbledon

Did you know that 'cute' was originally a shortened form of 'acute' meaning shrewd and clever.. then the Americans stole it and made it into all things cute and fluffy... (fucking yanks... coming over here taking our language)

On a different note... I find words like 'gorgeous... sexy.. hot' a bit too generic and male gazey to ever be truly complimentary but I appreciate your post is asking men for their views so I'll let myself out....

You might be overthinking this; it's all complimentary isn't it? When I've seen someone I think is hot or sexy that's usually about how they behave or look overall, but cute is an upgrade. If I meet someone who looked hot and my mind switched from hot to damn you're actually really cute...its moving from a general appreciation to suddenly finding thst specifuc person very appealing.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I say cute sometimes. Plenty have a cute face. Doesn’t mean they’re not sexy.

"Did you know that 'cute' was originally a shortened form of 'acute' meaning shrewd and clever.. then the Americans stole it and made it into all things cute and fluffy... (fucking yanks... coming over here taking our language)

On a different note... I find words like 'gorgeous... sexy.. hot' a bit too generic and male gazey to ever be truly complimentary but I appreciate your post is asking men for their views so I'll let myself out...."

I always thought we imposed out language on the Americans

"I don't think I've ever met anyone who called me cute. I find it's normally a polite way of ending a conversation. On here anyway. *shrugs*"

Oh it's never been a problem in terms of carrying on messaging or meeting someone. It's just puzzling to be seen that way on a sex-focused website haha

"Did you know that 'cute' was originally a shortened form of 'acute' meaning shrewd and clever.. then the Americans stole it and made it into all things cute and fluffy... (fucking yanks... coming over here taking our language)

On a different note... I find words like 'gorgeous... sexy.. hot' a bit too generic and male gazey to ever be truly complimentary but I appreciate your post is asking men for their views so I'll let myself out....

I always thought we imposed out language on the Americans "

*side note - the American language developed because us British didn’t have words for things so they had to invent new ones

My mum called me cute once, she fucking hated me too

*side note - the American language developed because us British didn’t have words for things so they had to invent new ones"

Just like how us Brits develop words from other languages

*side note - the American language developed because us British didn’t have words for things so they had to invent new ones

Just like how us Brits develop words from other languages "

Exactly

Just a conversation starter

Amber58, purely to research the background of your question I took the liberty of studying your profile pics. I can honestly say cute is not something I could call you after seeing your 31st of August pic - cute has an heir of innocence about it, but even of you put a face of an angel on that pic it would still scream sex. So, cute only if we haven't seen your pics, absolutely sexy 100% once we have. Both are great compliments and yes, there is context. I've not seen your face, but I would imagine it must be "cute"!!!

If it helps, I think you can be both at the same time. I find things cute such as how things are said, facial expressions and such. Or is endearing a better word?

Whatever the word, it doesn't take the place of sexy or hot or wotnot. If someone calls you cute take it as one more quality you have on top of the others

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Fat wood nymph. Embrace it Amber, bask in your cuteness. I get called cute a lot, I think it's the hamster cheeks and freckles and generally squidgey appearance I have. Sexy feels like something other women are, the ones who are cheekbones, sharp haircuts and refined dress sense. We can't all be something, cute is a compliment I think. A nice way to say you look good.

"Fat wood nymph. Embrace it Amber, bask in your cuteness. I get called cute a lot, I think it's the hamster cheeks and freckles and generally squidgey appearance I have. Sexy feels like something other women are, the ones who are cheekbones, sharp haircuts and refined dress sense. We can't all be something, cute is a compliment I think. A nice way to say you look good. "

You are sexy Meli

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Cute is good in my lexicon.... beautiful can be icy .. unattainable and intimidating...

cute is sexy and approachable

Feisty can be fun but a bit scary

Pretty is nice

Embrace the cute ..I know I do

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I find people often relate sexy too much with a serious, sultry, 'I mean buisness' kind of look.

Cute, on the other hand I think is the opposite. They look fun and happy and like they really enjoy what they are doing and it can't help put a smile on your face.

Cute is still definitely sexy!

I agree with the aboves

Gravesend

"Fat wood nymph. Embrace it Amber, bask in your cuteness. I get called cute a lot, I think it's the hamster cheeks and freckles and generally squidgey appearance I have. Sexy feels like something other women are, the ones who are cheekbones, sharp haircuts and refined dress sense. We can't all be something, cute is a compliment I think. A nice way to say you look good. "
you are cute _eli x

And most importantly, how do I go about becoming a sexy seductive goddess of all things sexy and seductive when I am forever destined to look like an innocent little fat wood nymph?

Cute,sexy,hot all nice complimentary so grab them with both hands "

Haha yep I'll take all the compliments I can get at this rate!

For me (and I'm unlikely to be representative of all men) cute means I want to wrap you in my arms and protect you - then have my wicked way with you.

Sexy means I want to have my wicked way with you and then I'll wrap you in my arms and protect you.

Obviously, you may or may not consent to any or all of the above but it's what is going through my head.

Mr"

I do like being all wrapped up

"I’m happy to upgrade my ‘you look nice’ for your cute so I completely get what you are saying OP. It feels like you’ve just been downgraded.

For me sexy is about the way someone is not the way they look.

Hot is the way someone acts not the way they look.

Beautiful is what’s inside rather than what’s outside.

Though I know for a lot of people it’s all surface level compliments but words can hurt "

Wouldn't say it hurts per se. It's just a little... "frustrating" might be a strong word for it but it's in that vein.

I get called cute on dating apps and in real life a lot too, when people see my face first. So it has to be a facial thing right?

"I get called cute and it was explained to me recently that it was definitely meant in a sexy kinda way. So I'm taking it and so should you!

That's from men who have seen my face btw "

Haha I should ask the next person who calls me cute if they meant it in a sexy way

"Ah I like cute. I always say guys look nice but to me that means hot/sexy etc!

I've had oh! a few times, that's worse than cute!"

Sounds like they were taken aback by your beauty!

On a different note... I find words like 'gorgeous... sexy.. hot' a bit too generic and male gazey to ever be truly complimentary but I appreciate your post is asking men for their views so I'll let myself out...."

You learn something new every day

"My mum called me cute once, she fucking hated me too "

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I've never been described as cute or sexy so I don't know what that says about my face

But generally I don't think I use the word cute to describe faces.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Be grateful, our face pics on a Friday rarely garner much more than a "lovely couple" or "thank you"

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I think cute is endearing- like they notice something in you that’s sexy but in an understated way, the way you smile or laugh or maybe even blush a little under certain circumstances, like it shows a little vulnerability

I often use it when chatting to a certain someone who on the surface is muscular and very manly but his manner is sweet and gentle - I think it’s possible to be both cute and sexy or cute and whatever else…it’s all complimentary in my mind xx

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 15:25:38]

So many spelling mistakes in my original post that it was embarrassing.

I tend to compliment a lady by highlighting exactly what it is I find flattering. Like others have said "accept them", its a lovely thing to receive

"Amber58, purely to research the background of your question I took the liberty of studying your profile pics. I can honestly say cute is not something I could call you after seeing your 31st of August pic - cute has an heir of innocence about it, but even of you put a face of an angel on that pic it would still scream sex. So, cute only if we haven't seen your pics, absolutely sexy 100% once we have. Both are great compliments and yes, there is context. I've not seen your face, but I would imagine it must be "cute"!!! "

That is a very well-researched compliment thank you

"Fat wood nymph. Embrace it Amber, bask in your cuteness. I get called cute a lot, I think it's the hamster cheeks and freckles and generally squidgey appearance I have. Sexy feels like something other women are, the ones who are cheekbones, sharp haircuts and refined dress sense. We can't all be something, cute is a compliment I think. A nice way to say you look good.

You are sexy Meli "

I second this!!

Also Meli you have a point. I've tried the whole refined thing and it just doesn't suit me, I'm more casual glam. Would be nice if I could look effortlessly put together but a girl can dream...

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm a grown woman, I don't want to be called "cute" it's almost as bad as being called baby, girl... It's infantalising.

Puppies and kittens are cute, young baby things.

There are so many other words a person could use! It's on a par with "nice".

I find it condescending.

Cute is an add on to sexy.

So your sexy - definitely plus added to that you’re cute.

Now your question on what cute means. It’s a description of how pretty you are. Not just a sexy body but an attractive face.

You are definitely both.

No downgrading and your still super hot.

Hope that helps xxx

Gravesend

Just popped by to check out all the cuties

Gravesend

"I'm a grown woman, I don't want to be called "cute" it's almost as bad as being called baby, girl... It's infantalising.

I find it condescending."

ERM ... you're looking for cute guys

I get called cute sometimes, maybe because I’ve got a young appearance?! but it’s deceiving x usually my eyes give me away x

I get told I'm cute or sweet with the things I say, I'd rather that than be thought of as some kind of smarmy leach though.

I do hate being put in the cute zone before I'm in the sexy bastard zone. I can easily handle being a sexy fucker that says cute things though.

Portsmouth

"I'm a grown woman, I don't want to be called "cute" it's almost as bad as being called baby, girl... It's infantalising.

I find it condescending.ERM ... you're looking for cute guys "

Yes, I am, for a certain scenario/dynamic.

I don't want to be called cute.

By *all Guy 00Man  over a year ago

Dumfries

I gey told 'oh your a really nice guy, but' then it's the same old story.

Obviously not nice enough

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

When ever I see conversations like this I remember why I do not compliment a woman’s appearance ( If I don't know her ). At this point, any word that has been mentioned above ( cute, sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, pretty) addressed towards a woman, might be received positively or might be regarded as offensive by the woman. It's a flip of a coin...and I personally am not a gambler, so I just stay away from complimenting a woman’s appearance ( if I have not established some form of connection with them).

Ladies please remember, men do not read minds

Portsmouth

"When ever I see conversations like this I remember why I do not compliment a woman’s appearance ( If I don't know her ). At this point, any word that has been mentioned above ( cute, sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, pretty) addressed towards a woman, might be received positively or might be regarded as offensive by the woman. It's a flip of a coin...and I personally am not a gambler, so I just stay away from complimenting a woman’s appearance ( if I have not established some form of connection with them).

Ladies please remember, men do not read minds "

You mean you don't have crystal balls?

Orpington

"When ever I see conversations like this I remember why I do not compliment a woman’s appearance ( If I don't know her ). At this point, any word that has been mentioned above ( cute, sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, pretty) addressed towards a woman, might be received positively or might be regarded as offensive by the woman. It's a flip of a coin...and I personally am not a gambler, so I just stay away from complimenting a woman’s appearance ( if I have not established some form of connection with them).

You mean you don't have crystal balls?"

No ...they have a different texture

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I don't believe them whatever they say so it's immaterial to me.

North West

Ladies please remember, men do not read minds "

For me, it's never that compliments or comments like that are taken as offensive (because they're not), but more that I'm likely to disbelieve the comment. It's nothing personal. Mr KC tells me (with various words) how attractive he thinks I am etc and I struggle to believe him, let alone a random person looking at pics online. I did say in my earlier comment that this has a lot to do with my own insecurity about my appearance. I do also expect that many compliments (not all) are being offered simply as a way to get into my pants...

Orpington

For me, it's never that compliments or comments like that are taken as offensive (because they're not), but more that I'm likely to disbelieve the comment. It's nothing personal. Mr KC tells me (with various words) how attractive he thinks I am etc and I struggle to believe him, let alone a random person looking at pics online. I did say in my earlier comment that this has a lot to do with my own insecurity about my appearance. I do also expect that many compliments (not all) are being offered simply as a way to get into my pants..."

Would you prefer not to receive compliments at all?

North West

For me, it's never that compliments or comments like that are taken as offensive (because they're not), but more that I'm likely to disbelieve the comment. It's nothing personal. Mr KC tells me (with various words) how attractive he thinks I am etc and I struggle to believe him, let alone a random person looking at pics online. I did say in my earlier comment that this has a lot to do with my own insecurity about my appearance. I do also expect that many compliments (not all) are being offered simply as a way to get into my pants...

Would you prefer not to receive compliments at all? "

No, I don't mind it. I just might take it with a pinch of salt. Again, my problem rather than anyone else's.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Don’t call women cute, got it

I’ll add it to my list of seemingly harmless things that can absolutely ruin a woman’s mindset for no apparent reason

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple  over a year ago

unknown

Well personally I've never bn called cute,it's not a word I'd associate with adults using ,unless it's about a puppy or child,but I assume some men would mean ,fresh faced eg no make up or young looking,but either way it's just a word .Ruby x

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Many words have multiple meanings, even in what seem similar contexts and everyone is comfortable with their multiple uses. If you say you think someone is cool, no one thinks they are preferring to their physical temperature, same with saying someone is hot, so why do so many people struggle with cute having two very different meanings.

If I see a little kitten playing, then I might say, aww, that’s cute, but if I say, Fuck! You’re cute, (and the tone of voice has a lot to do with it too), then I mean that the sight of you makes my heart race, my blood pound and my cock hard, and I want you stripped naked and pinned to the bed and me be fucking you hard and fast!

I hope that clears up any confusion.

"Don’t call women cute, got it

I’ll add it to my list of seemingly harmless things that can absolutely ruin a woman’s mindset for no apparent reason "

Where did I say it was ruining my mindset?

I was asking what the differentiation is, and what makes a man go from thinking someone's sexy to thinking they're cute. Yes it was playing on my mind, but at no point have I said it's a massive issue. I welcome all compliments

Orpington

I’ll add it to my list of seemingly harmless things that can absolutely ruin a woman’s mindset for no apparent reason

I was asking what the differentiation is, and what makes a man go from thinking someone's sexy to thinking they're cute. Yes it was playing on my mind, but at no point have I said it's a massive issue. I welcome all compliments "

I believe that when it comes to physical appearance, "compliments" such as hot/sexy are used more to describe a person's body and cute/handsome/pretty are used more to describe someone's face . I too hate it when someone calls me cute or pretty

I was asking what the differentiation is, and what makes a man go from thinking someone's sexy to thinking they're cute. Yes it was playing on my mind, but at no point have I said it's a massive issue. I welcome all compliments

I believe that when it comes to physical appearance, "compliments" such as hot/sexy are used more to describe a person's body and cute/handsome/pretty are used more to describe someone's face . I too hate it when someone calls me cute or pretty "

I mostly use "hot" or "handsome" for men I want to fuck. Whenever I've called a man cute it's because I've thought he was conventionally good looking but I've not personally found him sexually attractive. As in, that "corrr" feeling you get, y'know? That's why I was curious whether it's the same for men. From the answers so far it seems to be that all terms are pretty interchangeable

» Add a new message to this topic