FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > tony blair

tony blair

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akie32 OP   Man  over a year ago

winchester

So hes now sir tony blair, what a disgrace, seems if you have the right contacts you can do anything and get rewarded for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I mean I'm uneasy with it, but if they ever give Dodgy Dave one, I'll be feckin fuuuumin

winchester

in my opinion he was aa war criminal, and he now charges 10s of thousands for after dinner speaking, its jus wrong, if i did what he did i would be behind bars

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Only a matter of time before the campaigner Corbyn gets one, then Johnson once Brexit's success is recognised.

Should be banged up, got us involved in affairs that wasn't anything to do with us over money and greedy businessmen. Lives gone for no reason

winchester

"Only a matter of time before the campaigner Corbyn gets one, then Johnson once Brexit's success is recognised. "

would be funny if is wasnt true

winchester

"Should be banged up, got us involved in affairs that wasn't anything to do with us over money and greedy businessmen. Lives gone for no reason "

but yet hes not, and out earning huge sums of money, seems untouchable, disgusting

"Should be banged up, got us involved in affairs that wasn't anything to do with us over money and greedy businessmen. Lives gone for no reason

but yet hes not, and out earning huge sums of money, seems untouchable, disgusting"

I agree, its like the government now ! everyone of them is making a killing while everyone struggles, I'm baffled there hasn't been a uprising yet tbh ! just needs that one spark!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm very far from his biggest fan but honestly, I think he was dumb, naive and easily manipulated rather than intentionally malicious. People who opposed the war at the time were treated as crazy, over sensitive hippies and yet now everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon. Do I agree with the Iraq war? No. But I also don't think he's much of an exception to many other UK and US leaders for decades in that regard.

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

New years honours and knighthoods used to mean something and go to worthy people, now they hand them out like sweets on Halloween.

The lad i work with is on the new years honor list, he couldn't even walk before of how inebriated he was haha proper clown, just goes to show!

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The honours list doesnt mean much any more anyway

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

He certainly made a killing introducing the human rights act was this anything to do with his Mrs being a human rights lawyer

winchester

"He certainly made a killing introducing the human rights act was this anything to do with his Mrs being a human rights lawyer "

no cant of been, he would never do something like that influince him

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

"He certainly made a killing introducing the human rights act was this anything to do with his Mrs being a human rights lawyer

no cant of been, he would never do something like that influince him "

He was certainly influenced by someone in the white house

By *esi_Dingg_DonggCouple  over a year ago

london

Isn’t it the queen who has decided to knight him ? Therefore isn’t the queen to blame for this ?

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

And no one cares about the son of an ex (if you're ever "ex") KGB agent with zero experience in public service?

Perhaps it's not Tony Blair who's the issue, it's a class based society about 300 years past its sell by date.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

He was called a "turd that won't flush" on gb news by a guest! It was live.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Standard.

You live in 1 of the most corrupt countries in the world. He's small fry.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Do people actually give a shit about knighthoods and honours? It affects my life in no way whatsoever so not quite sure why people are getting so wound up by it

winchester

"Do people actually give a shit about knighthoods and honours? It affects my life in no way whatsoever so not quite sure why people are getting so wound up by it "

because it gives himthe ability to aplly for the house of lords and they yeh or ney the laws made in goverment, nevermind the fact that his after dinner speaches will have gone up in price by a huge amount, so he will profit from it, is that what you want for him?

"Do people actually give a shit about knighthoods and honours? It affects my life in no way whatsoever so not quite sure why people are getting so wound up by it

because it gives himthe ability to aplly for the house of lords and they yeh or ney the laws made in goverment, nevermind the fact that his after dinner speaches will have gone up in price by a huge amount, so he will profit from it, is that what you want for him?"

You can’t apply for the House of Lords. You just get appointed etc. This was just in the gift of the Queen and she appointed him I guess because he is historically speaking a successful Prime Minister. Three election wins. Massive changes including the introduction of the minimum wage etc. the honours system is bollocks, but this one was done from the Royal Houselhold.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"Do people actually give a shit about knighthoods and honours? It affects my life in no way whatsoever so not quite sure why people are getting so wound up by it

because it gives himthe ability to aplly for the house of lords and they yeh or ney the laws made in goverment, nevermind the fact that his after dinner speaches will have gone up in price by a huge amount, so he will profit from it, is that what you want for him?

You can’t apply for the House of Lords. You just get appointed etc. This was just in the gift of the Queen and she appointed him I guess because he is historically speaking a successful Prime Minister. Three election wins. Massive changes including the introduction of the minimum wage etc. the honours system is bollocks, but this one was done from the Royal Houselhold. "

I don't know about you but I could never trust a politician that only beds his own wife.

The petition on change . Org has nearly 700000 signatures, such is his level of unpopularity.

It won’t make any difference to him or his knighthood but it makes us common folk feel like we are doing something.

"He was called a "turd that won't flush" on gb news by a guest! It was live."

Isnt TV so much better now that we have GB 'News'? Such Insight

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Mine will be an unpopular view and the Iraq war is clearly a stain on the conscience of the West, but any UK PM of the day would have followed the US into the war. ..we usually act as poodle.

However, notwithstanding the above, there are many credits to the Blair governments - LGBT rights / protections / Northern Ireland peace process / increased law and order at the time / sure start schemes / free school meals / breakfast clubs / paid maternity leave ..to name a few things that spring to mind.

He also ran the country for 10 years (can't have been an easy job) and was one of the most successful (in terms of winning elections) labour leader ever. The other point to make is that the Knight Garter roll of honours is heavily skewed in favour of conservatives (22/3). It would also be difficult to give Brown Cameron / May one and deny Blair. Apparently the Queen didn't like him (and he turned down a peerage), which is why it has been blocking the above. So, he kind of had to accept this so as to clear the way for the others.

Maybe the sword will slip?..

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

"The petition on change . Org has nearly 700000 signatures, such is his level of unpopularity.

It won’t make any difference to him or his knighthood but it makes us common folk feel like we are doing something. "

The problem with these change.org petitions is that you can't assess the counter view. So if 1,000 people vote, say, to ban sausages, how many want to keep sausages?

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"The petition on change . Org has nearly 700000 signatures, such is his level of unpopularity.

It won’t make any difference to him or his knighthood but it makes us common folk feel like we are doing something.

The problem with these change.org petitions is that you can't assess the counter view. So if 1,000 people vote, say, to ban sausages, how many want to keep sausages?"

Strong point. Even if this petition gets to say, £1m signatures, that's a fraction of opinion and as you note a very polarised slice of it.

The problem with these change.org petitions is that you can't assess the counter view. So if 1,000 people vote, say, to ban sausages, how many want to keep sausages?

Strong point. Even if this petition gets to say, £1m signatures, that's a fraction of opinion and as you note a very polarised slice of it. "

Yes 1,000,000 out of a population of 60,000,000 doesn’t seem like a lot,

However at least it has brought publicity to it, but I will not change anything.

He will always be remembered by many ex servicemen and families for releasing a lot of terrorists early with the GFA and the WMD claim for going into Iraq.

» Add a new message to this topic