FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What is a small act of kindness you will never forget

What is a small act of kindness you will never forget

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

For me filled my car up but left my card at home . The cashier trusted me to go home get card and return . Smashing lady

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

At a concert & I had cash but bar was card only. A nice man paid for my drinks I did take his bank details & ping him the money back

J x

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

We were out on the town and I fell over, cutting my head open. Hubby tried to get an uber to take us to hospital, but it was going to be at least 10 minutes. A lovely uber driver saw our predicament, stopped and took us to the nearest hospital. Our hero

By *ust_for_fun88Couple  over a year ago

somewhere

Let my kids take my wallet to the shop and they dropped it, a couple found it and called me as my business card was in there. Along with £50/credit cards which was still in there tried to give them the £50 but was having none of it.. nice people

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dropped my brother off at hospital for routine treatment and headed into town to grab something to eat. The food was sensational so I ordered another portion to take out and back for him - they asked why so I explained my brother was having chemo (5hr drive + 8hr treatment) They swiped it off the bill as a gesture of good will

I left a tip of more than the food cost

Others times I've had a number of people coming up and thanking me when tandem nursing in public (hang on, were they just wanting a closer glimpse of my boobs?) - either way, it's nice to know people aren't scared of women when they have children attached to their breast, because some people look at you like you're crazy.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

As kids, my brother and I only had enough money to buy one drink in a cafe. We were sharing it happily when the people on the table next to us bout us another one

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

*bought

Twice at the same coop when me and the ex were rehoused after being homeless, one little old lady gave us a fiver to help buy food with cos she noticed we were struggling to find cheap food. It actually brought a tear to my eye after a lot of shit had happened and started to see the lack of compassion in a lot of ppl

The second time the cash machine failed to give out my tenner so we went inside to inform the staff, only to find that the machine eventually did spit my money out and some woman came in and handed it to us

Remembered another.

Our wedding day, our son was 6 months old so was nursing often - after we said our vows and had our food I went to sit in the main hotel reception where it was cooler. Wedding dress on, albeit folded down to my waist and nursing our little one. A couple came over and bought me an orange juice, I could only say thank you. I didn't have money on me and was stuck. Husband came through and bought them both a drink, sat and talked for at least and hour and then they joined us at the evening party. Wish I got their names and numbers!

People are so kind.

So we know that good things happen when I have my boobs out. Maybe I need to move some of those friends only pics to public

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

"Remembered another.

Our wedding day, our son was 6 months old so was nursing often - after we said our vows and had our food I went to sit in the main hotel reception where it was cooler. Wedding dress on, albeit folded down to my waist and nursing our little one. A couple came over and bought me an orange juice, I could only say thank you. I didn't have money on me and was stuck. Husband came through and bought them both a drink, sat and talked for at least and hour and then they joined us at the evening party. Wish I got their names and numbers!

People are so kind.

So we know that good things happen when I have my boobs out. Maybe I need to move some of those friends only pics to public "

some smashing folk out there

On a weekend break to liverpool (never been before) lost our digital camera. It was a good camera, but it was all the pictures from previous trips and jollies that were important.. We arrived home after a great weekend slightly deflated. The hotel we stayed as called, lucky I answered the unknown number. A taxi driver had gave his number for us to contact him. He sent the camera back next day recorded delivery, refused to give me his address so I could send him a thank you.

He just wanted to confirm I wasn't a Man U fan. I informed him I'm a Rangers fan but let's not talk about that

I do believe on the whole people are good and kind, things like this and others I've read on here reaffirms this

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Paid for pc...picked it up in person and gave them cash so double payment. Seller very kindly told me and issued a refund of the online transaction.

Happened in a Swedish village. I had to take a bus from there to my destination and I missed it. It was the only bus. I went into a nearby shop to ask if there is an alternative. She didn't even ask but ordered me to get into her car. She chased the bus I missed for 56KM and caught it in its next stop and drove back the same distance. It was winter in Swedish Lapland. She had to drive in those conditions.

That incident changed the way I look at things. She didn't even wait to see if I was going to take her offer for help. She just took her coat, keys and ordered me to get in her car. Not saying in a misogynistic sense but from the view of female safety, for a female to drive a male tourist alone through those regions was a massive act of trust.

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

Nothing so big... but my boss, under covid rules.. turned up at my Dad's funeral....

She's since said it was the most uplifting and damn hilarious funeral she's ever been to...

Made me laugh harder than I did at the funeral ...

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

In hospital waiting to find out diagnosis told to be prepared for it to be life changing ( turn out ok in The end )

Bring transferred to another ward by a nurse I can only describe as like Hattie jackies from carry on marton

I was so frightened and distraught

She turned to me and said in the world of political correctness we’re not supposed but I don’t care

She grabbed hold of me gave me the biggest hug and kept hold of me till I’d calmed down

When I used to work for a driving agency, one of the lads that worked for my branch was killed in a car accident. He was only 25.

A few days later, the guy that owned the company was sat having a chat with me and a middle aged couple walked in

It was the lads Mam & Dad, two broken people

During the conversation, it became apparent that they were worried about paying for his funeral

My boss got his own cheque book out - not the company cheque book, his own - and wrote them a cheque for 5 grand to help towards the costs

I went to his funeral and what touched me again was two shift managers turned up from the company he used to work at for us

Not only did they pay their respects, but they also brought a thousand pounds with them - the transport office had had a whip round for him and transport money had rounded it up to a grand - again out of his own pocket

His family were beside themselves to know how well thought of their lad was

Some lovely uplifting stories. I can’t think of anything like this happening to me but I’ve made it happen for a few people.

Most recently I was in a&e and there was a mum with a hyper toddler and young baby who was trying to get a drink from the vending machine. She was trying to control the toddler while rummaging for her purse. I got up paid for the drink for her and played with the toddler so she could enjoy it. Then watched the baby so she could go for a smoke. Told her to pass on the act of kindness to someone else when she could.

Another time myself and another forumite found out a forum member was completely broke and living on cereal and he was diabetic so we ordered him a weeks shop filled his fridge and freezer for him so he could eat proper food, didn’t cost much but was worth it to help someone out.

I massively believe in karma and what goes around comes around so hopefully I’ll be due some good luck soon. Not that I give to receive.

Many years ago, I helped to organise a comedy show in aid of an animal charity. We managed to get a well known comic, now dead, old school and generally frowned upon. He did an hour and a quarter, had everyone laughing, then refused to accept even the previously agreed expenses, telling us to add it to the kitty. A truly wonderful gesture.

"Nothing so big... but my boss, under covid rules.. turned up at my Dad's funeral....

She's since said it was the most uplifting and damn hilarious funeral she's ever been to...

Made me laugh harder than I did at the funeral ..."

"For me filled my car up but left my card at home . The cashier trusted me to go home get card and return . Smashing lady "

The garage uses a car registration recognition so even if you didn’t go back, the police would have found you

Saving up all my change for about a month and walking back from a job interview to give it to a beggar, must have been at least 20 quid worth of change in that bag

I once bought a homeless person sitting begging in the street, one of these lunch deals, sandwich, bag of crisps, bar of chocolate & a drink, but also got them a coffee.

it's threads like this, that restore my faith in humanity thank you op.

A man was dying on the street and gave me his dog which had a cute harness on and when I got home I saw the dog had a backpack full of life saving medication so I am glad I have that now incase there is ever an emergency

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I fell.

A very sweet lady helped me up, and made sure my injuries were only very slight before walking me back to my car, carrying my shopping bags for me on the way, and offering to call my sons to meet me the other end of the journey so they would unload the shopping for me while I put my feet up.

» Add a new message to this topic