FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So that was Christmas, another year older

So that was Christmas, another year older

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Here is my perfect Christmas.

I'm a stickler for tradition. Everything goes up on the first day of advent. So that's 1 December.

1st December - that is when I put the tree up, the lights up, the decorations up.

From the 1st December, I start listening to the Crimbo music - whether carols, pop songs, Cliffe Richard or Mariah Carey. It's also when I start eating mince pies.

Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea is reserved for Christmas Eve ONLY.

By Boxing Day, the Crimbo music stops, but all the lights, decorations etc stay up.

Boxing Day and onwards, you might find me wandering around the "reduced" section of local supermarkets. There are often bargains to be found of Crimbo lights, Crimbo cards, Crimbo decs etc. No good for this year, but they'll come in useful for next Christmas.

There IS one Crimbo song, one piece of music which I will allow both before and after Christmas Day. Wham - Last Christmas.

Everything to do with Christmas gets taken down and put away in boxes on the evening of 5th January. (Twelfth Night).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic