FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New Years Day Fox Hunters

New Years Day Fox Hunters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ealthy_and_Hung OP   Man  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

countryside freedom fighters or very sick minded individuals?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s an awful awful sport. A local cat got completely ravaged by hounds on a hunt recently here in cornwall. It’s barbaric and about time it was stopped completely. We all know it still happens despite the ban.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"It’s an awful awful sport. A local cat got completely ravaged by hounds on a hunt recently here in cornwall. It’s barbaric and about time it was stopped completely. We all know it still happens despite the ban. "

It’s disgusting it ain’t no sport , poor poor foxes being ripped to death

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Sickens me to see the toffs lording it up, being thugs on horseback just because they have powerful friends in Westminster.

By *ountry PeaksCouple  over a year ago

In The Surrey Hills

Will never be banned as long as money talks.

You’ll also be surprised it’s normal (I say normal, not sure what is normal about wanting to run an innocent animal into the ground then let a pack of hounds tear it apart ) folk who join in too, not just the wealthy land owners and their cronies.

so not guardians of the countryside on behalf of the country then?

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"so not guardians of the countryside on behalf of the country then?

"

Absolutely not!

Hunts often used the argument that they rarely actually caught a fox.

They also used the argument that they were carrying out an essential pest control.

Which was it? Did they catch a fox or not?

When I worked night shifts in the UK, I would often see foxes in the towns. Why aren't the hunts riding around depressed housing estates at 3am if they are serious about regulating fox numbers in this way?

I lived in a village that hosted a Boxing Day hunt every year. They were a pain in the arse. People parked everywhere, across driveways even. Wankers!

Now I live in Spain, I see an occasional daytime fox. Nobody here feels the need to dress up in a bright red jacket and chase it on horseback.

Rant over!!!

Gbat

They're cruel bastards.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Ride out red jacketed on New Year's day with the Whattock (hunt).

it appears from scores of videos that huntsmen up and down the country have been attacking protestors during christmas antics. very sad

Peterborough

"It’s disgusting it ain’t no sport , poor poor foxes being ripped to death "

Especially, when they could have been shot at sight when dragged out of their homes by the pre-hunt preppers.

Imagine if Rento-kill acted like this. Driving round town in Toyota Rav 4s or similar, then smearing the blood of the dead rats over their kids' heads as a symbolic gesture(some bollock gesture more like). Instead of killing them at once, quickly and humanely.

Yes I know that foxes go berserk with chickens. Surely we live in an age where chickens can be securely locked up at night.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

They can get in the sea!

"They can get in the sea!"

Noooo!! There’s enough shite in the sea already

In The Surrey Hills

Last week we had Elf on a shelf, seems we now have

£@%} on a hunt

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"It’s an awful awful sport. A local cat got completely ravaged by hounds on a hunt recently here in cornwall. It’s barbaric and about time it was stopped completely. We all know it still happens despite the ban. "

Fox's kill more cats than hunts.

Let the dogs hunt them instead of the foxes. I thought it was banned how do people still get away with it?

By *rSuave88Man  over a year ago

Mirfield

"It’s an awful awful sport. A local cat got completely ravaged by hounds on a hunt recently here in cornwall. It’s barbaric and about time it was stopped completely. We all know it still happens despite the ban.

Fox's kill more cats than hunts."

Probably the best justification ever for being a sicko

Cumbria

Growing up in the country never hunted with dogs but think that it's ok to hunt I have seen what damage a fox can do and there not them nice little dogs you see on inster I hope your aware.

In The Surrey Hills

"Growing up in the country never hunted with dogs but think that it's ok to hunt I have seen what damage a fox can do and there not them nice little dogs you see on inster I hope your aware. "

There are more humane ways of culling foxes, and if you’re referring to the hounds that rip the foxes apart, you’re right they’re not cute, they are not pets but are trained to kill and if they don’t make the grade they get killed too. But hey, hunting’s ok

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Fox hunting is way past its sell by date.

Bexley

I'm genuinely surprised that no animal rights group has yet to come out in support of horses who might object to being ridden by humans.

It can only be a matter of time in this enlightened age.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Fox hunting is way past its sell by date."

As is non food fishing. A completely pointless sport...

By *91kMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

Vile and barbaric 'sport'

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It is something that reflects our sickening contempt for the wildlife and species that we share the planet with. We need a revolution to fully stop much of the cruelty and harm that we are doing.

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Dudley

I'd rather see the tables turned and have them chased by a pack of rabid dogs up hill and down dale...

Bexley

"Fox hunting is way past its sell by date.

As is non food fishing. A completely pointless sport...

"

Years ago I wrote a thought provoking article at the beginning of the coarse fishing closed season suggesting that anglers suffering from withdrawal symptoms should use their tackle and bait to hook birds and play them until exhausted. After keeping them in a net for some time, proudly photograph them and then release them for recapture another day.

The punchline was that it would never happen because birds can squawk and shriek their discomfort at being hooked in the mouth. There would be public outcry. Fish are mute, however.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"It’s an awful awful sport. A local cat got completely ravaged by hounds on a hunt recently here in cornwall. It’s barbaric and about time it was stopped completely. We all know it still happens despite the ban.

Fox's kill more cats than hunts."

that would be nature not sports

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

It's sick and disgusting. Anyone who participates need to be on a watch list. If they'll do it to an animal, they'll do it to a human.

Got nothing against mock hunts or trail hunting - but no to fox hunting,

Law says ALL dogs MUST be under control when in public, somehow this doesn’t seem to apply to foxhounds, these dogs are never under control, hence that poor cat, but I was at a fete once where there was a demo going on with a huntsman and his dogs, granted he only brought 6, but not one listened to him while he was sat on his horse, and one even left the group to go steal someone’s burger….. these dogs are fed raw meet so they get a taste for blood, usually it’s an ex hunt horse (or any horse) that needs putting down and the owner can get it done cheaply by getting it shot and disposed of in one go. My friend had both of her horses go like that, I was sickened. I could never do that to an animal I’ve loved and taken care of.

"I'm genuinely surprised that no animal rights group has yet to come out in support of horses who might object to being ridden by humans.

It can only be a matter of time in this enlightened age."

PETA are on it

Peterborough

"Got nothing against mock hunts or trail hunting - but no to fox hunting,

Law says ALL dogs MUST be under control when in public, somehow this doesn’t seem to apply to foxhounds, these dogs are never under control, hence that poor cat, but I was at a fete once where there was a demo going on with a huntsman and his dogs, granted he only brought 6, but not one listened to him while he was sat on his horse, and one even left the group to go steal someone’s burger….. these dogs are fed raw meet so they get a taste for blood, usually it’s an ex hunt horse (or any horse) that needs putting down and the owner can get it done cheaply by getting it shot and disposed of in one go. My friend had both of her horses go like that, I was sickened. I could never do that to an animal I’ve loved and taken care of. "

That's like seeing your late cat or dog fed to the crocodiles or tigers at the local zoo.

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Only people with something seriously wrong with them could ever get pleasure from watching an animal suffering. Even worse when they have instigated said suffering for their personal pleasure. Sickening.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"It is something that reflects our sickening contempt for the wildlife and species that we share the planet with. We need a revolution to fully stop much of the cruelty and harm that we are doing. "

A revolution? Really? Look, I hate hunts and cruelty to animals, but violence and killing humans (revolution) is hardly a step on the right direction.

henley on thames

"Only people with something seriously wrong with them could ever get pleasure from watching an animal suffering. Even worse when they have instigated said suffering for their personal pleasure. Sickening. "

Agreed. That is presumably why it is illegal.

By *sylockeWoman  over a year ago

East Anglia

Sick-minded individuals - it is never a sport. It's cruel.

We've had to get pest control in on the farm set traps for foxes theyre absolute menace regarding farming life, weve lost so much livestock due to them.

Im not pro fox hunting whatsoever but can understand why land owners hold private hunts.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm genuinely surprised that no animal rights group has yet to come out in support of horses who might object to being ridden by humans.

It can only be a matter of time in this enlightened age."

For me it's mainly about the elitist pajentry and glorification of killing a wild animal that rankles.

I'm sure foxes are a rural pest, I've endured mouse invasions but never felt the need to invite my posh friends to get dressed up and come round to terrorise them whilst guffawing and blowing loudly on a hunting horn.

By *dy-ukTV/TS  over a year ago

Alcester

I don't agree with 'fox hunting' never have, i'ce always lived in the country and they have 'mock' fox hints here. They do still catch the odd fox because they just can't turn off the hounds instinct.

There are farms round here and we have land too, we've had problem with foxes killing young lambs, turkeys and chickens. I am fully licensed with rifles and night vision scopes. I will and do often shoot foxes at night, either when we have problems or the local farmers ask me to. I'm still against 'fox hunting' though.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Its vile disgusting abborant!!! X

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Growing up in the country never hunted with dogs but think that it's ok to hunt I have seen what damage a fox can do and there not them nice little dogs you see on inster I hope your aware. "

It’s no justification to hunt and rip another animal apart.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Got nothing against mock hunts or trail hunting - but no to fox hunting,

Law says ALL dogs MUST be under control when in public, somehow this doesn’t seem to apply to foxhounds, these dogs are never under control, hence that poor cat, but I was at a fete once where there was a demo going on with a huntsman and his dogs, granted he only brought 6, but not one listened to him while he was sat on his horse, and one even left the group to go steal someone’s burger….. these dogs are fed raw meet so they get a taste for blood, usually it’s an ex hunt horse (or any horse) that needs putting down and the owner can get it done cheaply by getting it shot and disposed of in one go. My friend had both of her horses go like that, I was sickened. I could never do that to an animal I’ve loved and taken care of. "

Not to crap on your post but our dog is fed raw meat, has been since 6 months and does not have a taste for blood. “Happily” lives with other pets in the house.

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

I think half this thread if not more have got this SPORT wrong and need educating!!

It takes real skill, to set a group of people on horses and 30 hounds to catch and kill one little basil brush!!

The top Olympians are amazed at the skill

I'd actually pay to see them hunted by the fucking fox.

Sick fucks, how the fuck is that sportsman like to kill a defensless animal.

Even hunting big game.

I would be 100% behind hunting big game cats, if all they went with was one person and a sharp stick, but that wouldn't happen because that would be a truly fair match. And they wouldn't stand a chance

By *yder RavishMan  over a year ago

Roydo Essex

"I think half this thread if not more have got this SPORT wrong and need educating!!

It takes real skill, to set a group of people on horses and 30 hounds to catch and kill one little basil brush!!

Even hunting big game.

I would be 100% behind hunting big game cats, if all they went with was one person and a sharp stick, but that wouldn't happen because that would be a truly fair match. And they wouldn't stand a chance "

Bizarre nasty elitist pastime

henley on thames

It’s an ugly spectacle. And it is illegal. The law should be enforced.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I'm no apologist for fox hunting, but honestly speaking, your average domestic cat destroys more wildlife in a week than a pack of hounds in a year.

He that is without sin....etc.

henley on thames

"I think half this thread if not more have got this SPORT wrong and need educating!!

Even hunting big game.

I would be 100% behind hunting big game cats, if all they went with was one person and a sharp stick, but that wouldn't happen because that would be a truly fair match. And they wouldn't stand a chance

Bizarre nasty elitist pastime "

Solely the preserve of “the elite”?

Or just an easy opportunity to bash “the elite”, assuming that anyone on a horse is landed gentry?

Hate to break it to you, but if you dig into most hunts you will find that that is not the full story. Lots of local farmers and others involved.

Roydo Essex

Even hunting big game.

Or just an easy opportunity to bash “the elite”, assuming that anyone on a horse is landed gentry?

Hate to break it to you, but if you dig into most hunts you will find that that is not the full story. Lots of local farmers and others involved."

Most likely correct, entitled possibly a better descriptor. Not bashing the elite, just noting who may be most likely to engage in such activities.

henley on thames

Even hunting big game.

Hate to break it to you, but if you dig into most hunts you will find that that is not the full story. Lots of local farmers and others involved.

Most likely correct, entitled possibly a better descriptor. Not bashing the elite, just noting who may be most likely to engage in such activities."

So when you described it as elitist, you weren’t having a pop at the elite?

The only people I ever knew who were actively involved in hunting were actually normal farm workers, not even farm owners. Don’t judge a book by its cover

Roydo Essex

As explained previously, run along now

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

Even hunting big game.

Hate to break it to you, but if you dig into most hunts you will find that that is not the full story. Lots of local farmers and others involved."

Other ways that are more human, than ripping a fox to bits.

Nothing against elitest, as I guarantee we are in no position to bash the higher echolons of society.

Having the right contacts and also a horse anyone can join.

I had the opportunity when younger and I was from an estate (council)

ashford

"I'm no apologist for fox hunting, but honestly speaking, your average domestic cat destroys more wildlife in a week than a pack of hounds in a year.

He that is without sin....etc."

On that note us humans destroys far more! Plus the planet! X

henley on thames

"Having the right contacts and also a horse anyone can join.

I had the opportunity when younger and I was from an estate (council) "

Thank you for volunteering that information, particularly given how hostile people are being about hinting. What appealed to you about hunting? And how did you feel about the outcomes of a successful hunt? Do you still hunt? If not, what made you give up?

Genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts.

"It’s an ugly spectacle. And it is illegal. The law should be enforced. "

It is an ugly spectacle and illegal, but it will never be enforced. You can bet though that when horse tethering in Wales becomes illegal, it will be enforced with the full vigour of the law.

The difference between the two ? One is run by the social elite for the pleasure of the social elite. The other is a tradition going back 100's of years practiced by the working class(usually).

One has friends in very high places, the other has no friends anywhere.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

They hunt foxes in lieu of bullying us commoners.

Stuck up tossers with as much sense as the tyres on their Range Rovers.

henley on thames

"They hunt foxes in lieu of bullying us commoners.

Stuck up tossers with as much sense as the tyres on their Range Rovers."

More “commoners” participate than “toffs”. Look past the clothing and trappings.

Cumbria

"Growing up in the country never hunted with dogs but think that it's ok to hunt I have seen what damage a fox can do and there not them nice little dogs you see on inster I hope your aware.

There are more humane ways of culling foxes, and if you’re referring to the hounds that rip the foxes apart, you’re right they’re not cute, they are not pets but are trained to kill and if they don’t make the grade they get killed too. But hey, hunting’s ok "

There no nice way to kill (shooting is not the fast death you seem to think)

Also just hunting with a gun and traps is still hunting.

Cumbria

Looking at the comments most of you are more agents the hunters because they seem to be rich and not the way the fox is killed...lol

By *r.MorningstarMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

I wonder how many people have actually seen a fox ripped apart, this rarely happens, the dogs are train to bite at the back of the neck and wait for the hunt on horse back to catch up before enjoying their kill.

Foxes are pests and this is the most humane way to kill them that we know of, more human that rat poison, more human than letting untrained farmers shoot, injure and let the fox bleed out slowly and painfully, because that's honestly thats the alternative (look at badger culling), but these are never talked about?

Most people don't know why they are pests, but they are cruel animals in themselves and the distruction they cause is unreal.

No body likes killing animals, its a job that needs to be done, and it's keeping a tradition the way it is. It's certainly not all posh tots on their horses, many are just regular folk

Glasgow

"I'm no apologist for fox hunting, but honestly speaking, your average domestic cat destroys more wildlife in a week than a pack of hounds in a year.

He that is without sin....etc."

What are you suggesting, that human morality and behaviour should be aligned to that of a domestic cat?

Glasgow

"I wonder how many people have actually seen a fox ripped apart, this rarely happens, the dogs are train to bite at the back of the neck and wait for the hunt on horse back to catch up before enjoying their kill.

Foxes are pests and this is the most humane way to kill them that we know of, more human that rat poison, more human than letting untrained farmers shoot, injure and let the fox bleed out slowly and painfully, because that's honestly thats the alternative (look at badger culling), but these are never talked about?

Most people don't know why they are pests, but they are cruel animals in themselves and the distruction they cause is unreal.

No body likes killing animals, its a job that needs to be done, and it's keeping a tradition the way it is. It's certainly not all posh tots on their horses, many are just regular folk

"

Keeping a "tradition the way it is" would have us still shoving children up chimneys and women denied the vote, traditions are often a bad thing.

By *r.MorningstarMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

"I wonder how many people have actually seen a fox ripped apart, this rarely happens, the dogs are train to bite at the back of the neck and wait for the hunt on horse back to catch up before enjoying their kill.

Keeping a "tradition the way it is" would have us still shoving children up chimneys and women denied the vote, traditions are often a bad thing."

Completely agree with you, but that doesn't take away the other points? By the very same logic, ban horse racing, or dog racing, or any other animal sport

Fareham

Whether wealthy or poor fox hunting is sadism.

Not difficult to shoot them is it? They are usually quite visible.

The countryside is a barren landscape of over famed land with little wildlife. Oddly rats prosper.

It’s clear we face an apocalyptic future of species extinction but you apologists carry on and enjoy. Mindlessly killing creatures that you drive from the fields and hedgerows as mere pests.

ashford

"

Omfg!! U for real? Regular folk??Humane??? Us humans are the vermin of this earth!! Foxes are not the cruel animals here?? that's for sure!! Its us bloody humans!!Grrr x

They're sick murdering scum. Znd they're a tiny minority even in the countryside. Most people in rural areas tolerate them at best, or plain hate them

"countryside freedom fighters or very sick minded individuals?"

Wankers the lot of them.

henley on thames

"Growing up in the country never hunted with dogs but think that it's ok to hunt I have seen what damage a fox can do and there not them nice little dogs you see on inster I hope your aware.

There are more humane ways of culling foxes, and if you’re referring to the hounds that rip the foxes apart, you’re right they’re not cute, they are not pets but are trained to kill and if they don’t make the grade they get killed too. But hey, hunting’s ok

There no nice way to kill (shooting is not the fast death you seem to think)

Also just hunting with a gun and traps is still hunting. "

True. But having an animal ripped apart and a bunch of people revelling in the killing and smearing blood on kids is pretty grim. This isn’t a professional exterminator trying to eliminate a pest as humanely as possible.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

What are you suggesting, that human morality and behaviour should be aligned to that of a domestic cat?"

No. I'm pointing out the inconsistency of people decrying fox hunting but allowing their cats to kill a sackful of birds, voles, mice, newts on a weekly basis.

henley on thames

Foxes are beautiful and clever creatures. I have at least 2 that visit my garden every night. There have to be better solutions for protecting chickens etc than killing foxes.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Absolute vermin.....the hunters that is!

Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!

henley on thames

What are you suggesting, that human morality and behaviour should be aligned to that of a domestic cat?

No. I'm pointing out the inconsistency of people decrying fox hunting but allowing their cats to kill a sackful of birds, voles, mice, newts on a weekly basis. "

But people don’t live on a diet of mice, birds, voles etc, and they don’t farm those creatures and birds, so then don’t give a shit that tiddles is slaughtering every night.

But they do care about foxes, because foxes kills things like chickens, which humans want to eat themselves. As the fox is interfering with the human’s food supply and livelihood (farmers), they view fixes as a lest that just be controlled and killed.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

A group of people and dogs chasing down a living thing just to watch it be torn to shreds whilst people cheer is just plain cruel.

If they really think foxes are vermin, I’m pretty sure there are easier and faster ways of dealing with them than riding around on horseback in packs through the countryside to kill one fox at a time.

It’s a killing sport for peoples enjoyment. So wrong.

Glasgow

Keeping a "tradition the way it is" would have us still shoving children up chimneys and women denied the vote, traditions are often a bad thing.

Completely agree with you, but that doesn't take away the other points? By the very same logic, ban horse racing, or dog racing, or any other animal sport "

What are the other points? Acknowledging the fox is a rural pest and its population should be controlled? Yes, I accept this, but it's the manner in which hunting addresses this that I have a problem with.

Glasgow

"A group of people and dogs chasing down a living thing just to watch it be torn to shreds whilst people cheer is just plain cruel.

If they really think foxes are vermin, I’m pretty sure there are easier and faster ways of dealing with them than riding around on horseback in packs through the countryside to kill one fox at a time.

It’s a killing sport for peoples enjoyment. So wrong. "

Well said

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No. I'm pointing out the inconsistency of people decrying fox hunting but allowing their cats to kill a sackful of birds, voles, mice, newts on a weekly basis. "

That’s nature, the circle of life. Not at all the same as fox hunting.

henley on thames

"A group of people and dogs chasing down a living thing just to watch it be torn to shreds whilst people cheer is just plain cruel.

It’s a killing sport for peoples enjoyment. So wrong. "

Agreed. And trying to dress it up as a necessary act fools nobody

"Having the right contacts and also a horse anyone can join.

I had the opportunity when younger and I was from an estate (council)

Thank you for volunteering that information, particularly given how hostile people are being about hinting. What appealed to you about hunting? And how did you feel about the outcomes of a successful hunt? Do you still hunt? If not, what made you give up?

Genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts. "

I didn't, said I had the opportunity, but not the confidence to follow it through, think I was 18/19 at the time. I had friends who hunted, drag hunting mainly. It was part of the culture in the 80s, like everything else in life, thoughts and what's exceptable change. I wouldn't dare do it now. Horses I still love though

ashford

Completely agree with you, but that doesn't take away the other points? By the very same logic, ban horse racing, or dog racing, or any other animal sport "

Yes I for one agree horse/dog racing shd b banned! Another very cruel "sport" imo! X

I have a life time ban from the pub in the next village for fighting with the master of the hunt and the master of the hounds after a heated discussion about hunting

I grew up in the country and fox hunting is barbaric

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Imagine a bunch of chavs got on their bikes with their pit bulls and did the same thing

Birmingham/Bristol

"I have a life time ban from the pub in the next village for fighting with the master of the hunt and the master of the hounds after a heated discussion about hunting

I grew up in the country and fox hunting is barbaric "

I hope you sparked him clean out. Would be well deserved

Can I ask have as any of you been hunting or even watched one we have one here never been involved but don't see a problem.when I was young used to love going out hunting rabbits with dogs and ferrets done a few deers never killed just for fun though always ate what we killed .

"Can I ask have as any of you been hunting or even watched one we have one here never been involved but don't see a problem.when I was young used to love going out hunting rabbits with dogs and ferrets done a few deers never killed just for fun though always ate what we killed ."

Different type of hunting. I have no issue with controlling fox numbers, just not by fox hunting

"I have a life time ban from the pub in the next village for fighting with the master of the hunt and the master of the hounds after a heated discussion about hunting

I grew up in the country and fox hunting is barbaric I hope you sparked him clean out. Would be well deserved"

It went off Wild West with my bro, a mate and a number of huntsman. Tables and chairs flying, no one escaped unbloodied

Birmingham/Bristol

I grew up in the country and fox hunting is barbaric I hope you sparked him clean out. Would be well deserved

It went off Wild West with my bro, a mate and a number of huntsman. Tables and chairs flying, no one escaped unbloodied "

hopefully the hunters cam off worse

By *ommo60Man  over a year ago

STOCKPORT

for the cause of "culling" foxes??.what a load of bollox..do you know these bastards actually breed foxes to hunt..its a pity we can't make it a level playing field and send a pack of foxes to hunt them down one by one..

Alcester

[Removed by poster at 02/01/22 11:55:48]

Alcester

"for the cause of "culling" foxes??.what a load of bollox..do you know these bastards actually breed foxes to hunt..its a pity we can't make it a level playing field and send a pack of foxes to hunt them down one by one.."

Sorry but that is not right at all, don't know why you think that, but definitely not bred.

Although I don't condone 'fox hunting', as in horses and hounds, I do live amongst the fields that this 'enactment' takes place.

I do however shoot foxes, using bullet rifles and night vision scopes. One of the fields across the way I'm not allowed permission to shoot foxes, because they are actively involved with 'the hunt' so they don't want any shot, it's not in their interest as they want foxes left, so the hounds can... ahem 'play hunt' and they do chase and kill. You can't tell a pack of dogs not to do something they've been encouraged to do, and still are!

The 'hunt' sometimes congregate at the farm too, which I can see from here.

I actively walk most these fields at night, I've lived here over 25 years. I know all the land owners and actively shoot foxes too (and there's a lot more about than you think).

However I can definitely, hand on heart say for sure that noone breads foxes for hunting. Definitely not around here and I'd happily say anywhere else too.

The females are usually pregnant around the time of the fox hunting season.It's a barbaric sick activity created by the so called elite members of a civilised society..

I have had fox's voluntarily come to me when i had an allotment. I had lots of chickens and ducks and not once were they able to get in. I gave them an egg every day and they just used to sit watching me as i worked on my plot..One actually used to come to me when I called her. They are incredibly misunderstood creatures.From a set of fox's there is only one breeding vixen as any other females support and act like aunties to any offspring. Any males born will eventually move away from the area to make their own sets. If we can put men on the moon we are intelligent enough to ensure that a fox is unable to get into a pen. If they get in then yes they will kill everything in there, not for fun though as many people think. If left undisturbed they will remove every single carcass and bury as a food cache in the winter when food is scarce.

ashford

"The females are usually pregnant around the time of the fox hunting season.It's a barbaric sick activity created by the so called elite members of a civilised society..

I have had fox's voluntarily come to me when i had an allotment. I had lots of chickens and ducks and not once were they able to get in. I gave them an egg every day and they just used to sit watching me as i worked on my plot..One actually used to come to me when I called her. They are incredibly misunderstood creatures.From a set of fox's there is only one breeding vixen as any other females support and act like aunties to any offspring. Any males born will eventually move away from the area to make their own sets. If we can put men on the moon we are intelligent enough to ensure that a fox is unable to get into a pen. If they get in then yes they will kill everything in there, not for fun though as many people think. If left undisturbed they will remove every single carcass and bury as a food cache in the winter when food is scarce."

Aww love this x

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

When they were discussing banning fox hunting in Parliament, Labour paid for a review and paper to be written on fox hunting.

The report came out in favour of fox hunting.

Labour quietly buried the report...

"I wonder how many people have actually seen a fox ripped apart, this rarely happens, the dogs are train to bite at the back of the neck and wait for the hunt on horse back to catch up before enjoying their kill. "

it certainly doesn't appear to be the case you describe in this video of an out of control pack of dogs ripping apart a small deer during another illegal hunt on boxing day. they all appear to be shredding the live deer and then running around with bloos soaked deer parts in their mouths. it really does seem a very grim reality that has no defense to be fair.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/dogs-tear-deer-pieces-boxing-day-b1984796.html

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"so not guardians of the countryside on behalf of the country then?

Absolutely not!

Hunts often used the argument that they rarely actually caught a fox.

They also used the argument that they were carrying out an essential pest control.

Which was it? Did they catch a fox or not?

When I worked night shifts in the UK, I would often see foxes in the towns. Why aren't the hunts riding around depressed housing estates at 3am if they are serious about regulating fox numbers in this way?

I lived in a village that hosted a Boxing Day hunt every year. They were a pain in the arse. People parked everywhere, across driveways even. Wankers!

Now I live in Spain, I see an occasional daytime fox. Nobody here feels the need to dress up in a bright red jacket and chase it on horseback.

Rant over!!!

Gbat "

No, they'd rather lock a bull in a ring and slowly torture it to death!

By *ippy68Man  over a year ago

Weymouth

"They're cruel bastards.

"

Here here complete sickos

If I said what I thought it would shock!

My hatred for most hunters I wouldn't like anyone to witness.

People call them evil & sick, well that ain't nothing when it comes to what I'd like to do to them!! Nuff said!

Fareham

The so called countryside should be culled of those it thinks it’s rightful guardians.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"If I said what I thought it would shock!

People call them evil & sick, well that ain't nothing when it comes to what I'd like to do to them!! Nuff said!

"

You reveal too much.

I’m not pro fox hunting or any kind of animal Crowley including enslaving an entire species for unnecessary food

But the hate towards the fox hunters has nothing to do with poor little foxes , it’s about clothes and trumpets isn’t it ?

You reveal too much.

I’m not pro fox hunting or any kind of animal Crowley including enslaving an entire species for unnecessary food

But the hate towards the fox hunters has nothing to do with poor little foxes , it’s about clothes and trumpets isn’t it ? "

Any hunters actually, couldn't give a fuck what they wear, walk of life they come from or any other boring factor about them.

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

"When they were discussing banning fox hunting in Parliament, Labour paid for a review and paper to be written on fox hunting.

Labour quietly buried the report..."

It was, from recollection, a public inquiry, commissioned by Labour, headed by Lord Burns.....a Labour peer I believe.

The finding was that fox hunting was neither detrimental or favourable to the fox population, and as this did not fit in with Labour's position on the subject, the inquiry was buried accordingly.

As it was a public inquiry, the cost was borne by the public, not Labour.... £7m

They should allow the hunting for a day but only if the day after they can have a go at being hunted ..see how they like it

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

You reveal too much.

But the hate towards the fox hunters has nothing to do with poor little foxes , it’s about clothes and trumpets isn’t it ?

Any hunters actually, couldn't give a fuck what they wear, walk of life they come from or any other boring factor about them. "

And fisherman ? Or only Cute fury animals

Bexley

"

And fisherman ? Or only Cute fury animals "

There is far too much money being made out of fishing for it not to be tolerated.

A member of public emptying buckets of maggots or rotting mince into a river, canal or lake would probably get prosecuted for polluting the water but if anglers do it to attract fish that they are going to catch and throw back, then that is fine(as long as they have paid for a licence).

Hunting is also a significant money spinner.

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"

No, they'd rather lock a bull in a ring and slowly torture it to death!"

My point wasn’t that the Spanish are somehow more noble. My point was that if hunting foxes on horseback with a pack of hounds was in anyway an effective option for culling foxes, they would do it elsewhere.

Is your point that the Spanish are more barbaric than the Brits or are you suggesting that because there are bull fights in Spain, (usually attended by tourists!) then it’s okay to hunt foxes in the UK?

Gbat

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"

No, they'd rather lock a bull in a ring and slowly torture it to death!

My point wasn’t that the Spanish are somehow more noble. My point was that if hunting foxes on horseback with a pack of hounds was in anyway an effective option for culling foxes, they would do it elsewhere.

Is your point that the Spanish are more barbaric than the Brits or are you suggesting that because there are bull fights in Spain, (usually attended by tourists!) then it’s okay to hunt foxes in the UK?

Gbat "

Nobody in their right mind would think hunting foxes on horseback is about culling.

I didn't understand why you mentioned Spain, they have a terrible record for animal rights and welfare, and I doubt very much that bullfighting is predominantly supported by tourists - unfortunately it's very much inbeded in Spanish culture, they've even said they would leave the EU if they try to ban it!

Peterborough

"It is something that reflects our sickening contempt for the wildlife and species that we share the planet with. We need a revolution to fully stop much of the cruelty and harm that we are doing.

A revolution? Really? Look, I hate hunts and cruelty to animals, but violence and killing humans (revolution) is hardly a step on the right direction. "

Not all revolutions are bloody. Sure the French, Russians and Americans certainly spilt a lot, but in Central Europe...

The Velvet Revolution (Czech: sametová revoluce) or Gentle Revolution (Slovak: nežná revolúcia) was a non-violent transition of power in what was then Czechoslovakia, occurring from 17 November to 29 December 1989. Popular demonstrations against the one-party government

Here here it’s a class war

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"When they were discussing banning fox hunting in Parliament, Labour paid for a review and paper to be written on fox hunting.

Labour quietly buried the report...

It was, from recollection, a public inquiry, commissioned by Labour, headed by Lord Burns.....a Labour peer I believe.

The finding was that fox hunting was neither detrimental or favourable to the fox population, and as this did not fit in with Labour's position on the subject, the inquiry was buried accordingly.

As it was a public inquiry, the cost was borne by the public, not Labour.... £7m"

Makes it even worse that they buried it.

The report came out in favour of fox hunting."

This isn't true. The issue was that it wasn't clear either way. Both sides claimed it supported their view.

far from being buried as some have attempted to claim, the burns report was openly published and very well publicised indeed. the vote in the commons was a free vote and on the strength of the published findings mps voted in favour of the proposed bill and hunting with dogs was democratically made a crime.

Tories toffs .. absolute reptiles . Cruel as f##k. Despise them

» Add a new message to this topic