FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Knowing me, knowing you….

Knowing me, knowing you….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issYeuxBleus OP   Woman  over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

….Ah haaaaaaa!

(For the Abba fans amongst you)

Tell us a unique, interesting fact about yourself. Sexual or non sexual.

I’m nosey and inquisitive…

I’m a qualified Irish whiskey taster (no really, I have the certificate from the Jameson distillery to prove it). Granted I was already half cut when I entered, had no idea I’d be picked, and hanging out of my arse by the time I left, but still, I went up against 7 big burley men and beat them all by guessing the brands correctly. I’m proud of my achievement

(Is it sad that of all the things I’ve achieved in life, that have been pretty spectacular, this is the one I’m most proud of? )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I love that fact about you OP!

I'm singing on over 200 YouTube videos, and countless people's social media, yet no one I know personally has ever been able to find a single one of them.

Which absolutely delights me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm stateless and don't "belong" to any country. Hang on, that's a little sad isn't it?

Otherwise I can play the piano. Granted I learnt in primary school. I also attended additional maths lessons, not because I was bad at maths but because I was exceptionally good I don't mind. Got an adult lunch out of it and trips out of school! (now I'm wondering if this was an experiment for something?)

So many questions

My boudoir - S Wales

"I love that fact about you OP!

I'm singing on over 200 YouTube videos, and countless people's social media, yet no one I know personally has ever been able to find a single one of them.

Which absolutely delights me. "

Oooh come on, you can’t leave us all hanging. I want to hear your pipes!

Oooh come on, you can’t leave us all hanging. I want to hear your pipes! "

Maybe one day....

But no one will ever find the evidence until then

My boudoir - S Wales

"I'm stateless and don't "belong" to any country. Hang on, that's a little sad isn't it?

Otherwise I can play the piano. Granted I learnt in primary school. I also attended additional maths lessons, not because I was bad at maths but because I was exceptionally good I don't mind. Got an adult lunch out of it and trips out of school! (now I'm wondering if this was an experiment for something?)

So many questions "

I’ve so many questions too!

Where do you belong? Are you from Narnia? Or Nether Nether land?

You know what they say about piano players, good with their fingers

And brains too! I’m so shit at maths!

Maybe one day....

But no one will ever find the evidence until then "

Are you the lady that sings the Shake n vac song?

Maybe one day....

Are you the lady that sings the Shake n vac song? "

Dammit.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I was an Ibiza club stage dancer for 2 weeks in the 90's

I was best athlete in my year group 3 years consecutively at high school and went onto play sport at a decent level without ever quite making it into the paid ranks mainly due to my loyalty to one club.

I can fit 6 marshmallows up my nostrils and £2.20 inside my foreskin in 20 pence pieces.

Sexually… I was dragged into my first threesome in 1998 and have spent long periods of time in an ffm poly relationship.

"I'm stateless and don't "belong" to any country. Hang on, that's a little sad isn't it?

So many questions

I’ve so many questions too!

Where do you belong? Are you from Narnia? Or Nether Nether land?

You know what they say about piano players, good with their fingers

And brains too! I’m so shit at maths! "

I can explain if someone gifts me £2K. It's very very silly, gender discriminative laws in this country.

Fast fingers

My job is all about numbers too so I guess those extra lessons did me a favour

Interesting fact - There’s a relative of mine on the cover of Sgt Peppers album.

It’s one of those things that does sound cool and also feels it too.

But me- I’m pretty damn good cook/baker and brewer I actually make my own whiskey op. true story.

-I did my postgraduate degree at Cambridge.

-Paolo Nutini is a family friend.

-I speak French and German.

-I have worked with children too violent to be in school, and help them to the extent that they become a fully integrated member of their class.

I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else with my right hand

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I needed speech therapist when I was younger to overcome a stutter. You couldn't tell now under normal circumstances but it still comes out occasionally when I'm nervous or talking to people I don't know

My boudoir - S Wales

"I was best athlete in my year group 3 years consecutively at high school and went onto play sport at a decent level without ever quite making it into the paid ranks mainly due to my loyalty to one club.

I can fit 6 marshmallows up my nostrils and £2.20 inside my foreskin in 20 pence pieces.

Sexually… I was dragged into my first threesome in 1998 and have spent long periods of time in an ffm poly relationship."

Where do I start with this one?!?!

Photos or it never happened (marshmallows and foreskin please)

I can see you as an athlete! Was it pole vault by any chance?

Also loving the fact you’re poly.

My boudoir - S Wales

"I was an Ibiza club stage dancer for 2 weeks in the 90's"

I bet that brought up some unique experiences?

Maybe one day....

Are you the lady that sings the Shake n vac song?

Dammit."

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

As a kid I accidentally stabbed myself in the gum with a pencil, which when I yanked it out (which made a surprising amount of mess), left the graphite tip embedded in me and a black mark in my gum, which is still there today.

Does that count as having a tattoo?

"-I did my postgraduate degree at Cambridge.

***-I have worked with children too violent to be in school, and help them to the extent that they become a fully integrated member of their class.***"

Warwick

"As a kid I accidentally stabbed myself in the gum with a pencil, which when I yanked it out (which made a surprising amount of mess), left the graphite tip embedded in me and a black mark in my gum, which is still there today.

Does that count as having a tattoo? "

Oh, I also stabbed myself under the nail with a pencil... which also left a mark.

I should probably steer clear of pencils.

My boudoir - S Wales

"Interesting fact - There’s a relative of mine on the cover of Sgt Peppers album.

But me- I’m pretty damn good cook/baker and brewer I actually make my own whiskey op. true story. "

Those are some very very cool facts! How does one make their own whiskey? Asking for a friend

My boudoir - S Wales

-I have worked with children too violent to be in school, and help them to the extent that they become a fully integrated member of their class."

Aww wow. These are amazing!

I went to see Paolo at a one off gig in Newport. He did it for nothing and all the proceeds went to a young lad who lost his mother. Such a nice person!

My boudoir - S Wales

"I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else with my right hand"

That is pretty unique! Can you also curl your tongue?

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Random facts…

I’ve sailed in the cutty sark tall ship race and was violently ill throughout..

I had a restaurant for 10 years and fed Eric Cantona and family..

My grandad wrote to united and borrowed the European cop 60+ years ago and brought it to his house on the bus.. there was a queue right round the state for the whole day as kids lined up to touch it…

I still keep rice in my bathroom

Warwick

"I was best athlete in my year group 3 years consecutively at high school and went onto play sport at a decent level without ever quite making it into the paid ranks mainly due to my loyalty to one club.

Sexually… I was dragged into my first threesome in 1998 and have spent long periods of time in an ffm poly relationship."

How many marshmallows can you get inside your foreskin?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Interesting...

Actually I have one relating to whisky but it would far too easy to tell who I am.

I keep typing things and they seem like not humble brags and I'm rather up myself as it is.

Oh a close family member appears in a few episodes of Season 2 of The Witcher. Interesting by proxy.

"I write with my left hand but do absolutely everything else with my right hand

That is pretty unique! Can you also curl your tongue? "

Nope. That’s about as far as my talents go. It’s probably a negative because if I used my left for those other things I’d probably have more control/power/accuracy or whatever but a lot of things in the 90’s weren’t designed for lefties so it was easier to learn to use my right.

Anyone remember the anthrax sent to US government depts around 9/11? We opened the mail for an office on Whitehall at the time. A Colleague opened an envelope that had some unknown powder in it. Our office was sealed off and several hours later in a scene reminiscent of ET a fireman in a hazmat suit speaking out of a speaker in his helmet took all our clothes to be "destroyed" and led us wrapped in red blankets into plastic tents on the street where we were scrubbed and hosed down.

None of my mates believed me until one of them found a tiny bit of column inch in the observer saying "Whitehall sealed off due to suspect package". Harrowing at the time, but quite amusing now. I think it was a calculated test run to see how UK services would cope.

Sexually… I was dragged into my first threesome in 1998 and have spent long periods of time in an ffm poly relationship.

How many marshmallows can you get inside your foreskin? "

I love new ideas.

I’ll get back to you.

There is nothing interesting or unique about me....

My boudoir - S Wales

"I needed speech therapist when I was younger to overcome a stutter. You couldn't tell now under normal circumstances but it still comes out occasionally when I'm nervous or talking to people I don't know "

You’ve nothing to about, I find that really endearing.

My boudoir - S Wales

"As a kid I accidentally stabbed myself in the gum with a pencil, which when I yanked it out (which made a surprising amount of mess), left the graphite tip embedded in me and a black mark in my gum, which is still there today.

Oh, I also stabbed myself under the nail with a pencil... which also left a mark.

I should probably steer clear of pencils. "

Yes. Steer clear of pencils!! I bet you never etched your high school girlfriends name into your arm with a compass though?

"

Where do I start with this one?!?!

Photos or it never happened (marshmallows and foreskin please)

I can see you as an athlete! Was it pole vault by any chance?

Also loving the fact you’re poly. "

Close… high jump and distance running mainly

Poly was great but ended in messy style and the scars are deep.

My boudoir - S Wales

"Random facts…

My grandad wrote to united and borrowed the European cop 60+ years ago and brought it to his house on the bus.. there was a queue right round the state for the whole day as kids lined up to touch it…

"

Really cool facts!

I’m curious about the rice in the bathroom though

I danced in the one of the commonwealth games opening ceremonies - my costume was fantastic... It was amazing.. I had free tickets and no one came to see me

By *ixedDevilMan  over a year ago

Bootyville

I was peer pressured into participating in an orgy in my first year of uni. Cant say I didnt enjoy it

I was scouted a few times for football between the ages of 13 and 15 but it didnt work out in the end.

I’ve swam with sharks before (and dolphins)

My boudoir - S Wales

"Interesting...

Actually I have one relating to whisky but it would far too easy to tell who I am.

I keep typing things and they seem like not humble brags and I'm rather up myself as it is.

Oh a close family member appears in a few episodes of Season 2 of The Witcher. Interesting by proxy. "

You brag girl!!

Oooh I just started The Witcher. Not yet finished the first series. But my god it’s a great bit of eye candy!

By *yder RavishMan  over a year ago

Roydo Essex

I’ve lived in 5 countries in the last 20 years

Warwick

I should probably steer clear of pencils.

Yes. Steer clear of pencils!! I bet you never etched your high school girlfriends name into your arm with a compass though? "

No, I didn't have any girlfriends at school. Didn't want to make friends with anyone there.

My boudoir - S Wales

"Anyone remember the anthrax sent to US government depts around 9/11? We opened the mail for an office on Whitehall at the time. A Colleague opened an envelope that had some unknown powder in it. Our office was sealed off and several hours later in a scene reminiscent of ET a fireman in a hazmat suit speaking out of a speaker in his helmet took all our clothes to be "destroyed" and led us wrapped in red blankets into plastic tents on the street where we were scrubbed and hosed down.

None of my mates believed me until one of them found a tiny bit of column inch in the observer saying "Whitehall sealed off due to suspect package". Harrowing at the time, but quite amusing now. I think it was a calculated test run to see how UK services would cope."

Holy shit balls! Now there is an interesting fact!

-I have worked with children too violent to be in school, and help them to the extent that they become a fully integrated member of their class.

I went to see Paolo at a one off gig in Newport. He did it for nothing and all the proceeds went to a young lad who lost his mother. Such a nice person! "

Thank you! My younger cousin is one of Paolo’s best friends, and my other cousin is in a relationship with Paolo’s sister.

He is indeed a very nice guy - if a bit scatty! - and still has all his old friends from school.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"There is nothing interesting or unique about me.... "

Same.

"

"

You had me at Cantona an absolute hero of mine and the single guy who made me fall in love with the game.

I appeared on the Sooty show as a child !

"Random facts…

Really cool facts!

I’m curious about the rice in the bathroom though "

Cos she is a weirdo.....

"Anyone remember the anthrax sent to US government depts around 9/11? We opened the mail for an office on Whitehall at the time. A Colleague opened an envelope that had some unknown powder in it. Our office was sealed off and several hours later in a scene reminiscent of ET a fireman in a hazmat suit speaking out of a speaker in his helmet took all our clothes to be "destroyed" and led us wrapped in red blankets into plastic tents on the street where we were scrubbed and hosed down.

None of my mates believed me until one of them found a tiny bit of column inch in the observer saying "Whitehall sealed off due to suspect package". Harrowing at the time, but quite amusing now. I think it was a calculated test run to see how UK services would cope.

Holy shit balls! Now there is an interesting fact!

"

All of us got our clothes and jewellery back. The bit that makes me smile now is how we all paused when we got to our pants. Not keen on bearing our tackle to each other I spose. The lairy Cockley geezer in the office was wearing pink silk boxers. Good luck to him, never judge a book by its cover tho eh?

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

As a child I could sit on my hair, I was born a redhead but by 1 month it had turned dark brown.Chemo thinned my hair and turned it white!

I'm a sighted guider

"Interesting fact - There’s a relative of mine on the cover of Sgt Peppers album.

But me- I’m pretty damn good cook/baker and brewer I actually make my own whiskey op. true story.

Those are some very very cool facts! How does one make their own whiskey? Asking for a friend "

Alcohol and an oak barrel.

You can take a tour to find that out and I can wrap it all up in less than two mins and save you the entrance fee

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Gosh, only thing that I can think about that is up there with what everyone has just said is that I have flown an Airbus 350 simulator at a time when it was only available to 50 pilots or so worldwide.

One of the best experiences of my life.

By *onderingpurposeMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I once punched a Billionaire.

My boudoir - S Wales

"I danced in the one of the commonwealth games opening ceremonies - my costume was fantastic... It was amazing.. I had free tickets and no one came to see me "

What was your costume? That is pretty bloody cool!

"I appeared on the Sooty show as a child !"

Are you Sweep?!

My boudoir - S Wales

"I’ve lived in 5 countries in the last 20 years "

Which countries?

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I was a published cartoonist while I was still in junior school.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"

You had me at Cantona an absolute hero of mine and the single guy who made me fall in love with the game. "

He was lovely.. he just wanted a private family dinner with his kids and brother.. brother was a bit of a perv though..

My boudoir - S Wales

"I was peer pressured into participating in an orgy in my first year of uni. Cant say I didnt enjoy it

I was scouted a few times for football between the ages of 13 and 15 but it didnt work out in the end.

I’ve swam with sharks before (and dolphins)

Swimming With sharks is on my bucket list! And I don’t doubt that you didn’t enjoy a uni orgy! Those were the days!

"

My boudoir - S Wales

"There is nothing interesting or unique about me....

Same. "

I don’t believe either of you!

Shrewsbury

I have an original sooty sweep and sue from Harry Corbet when he performed in Crewe my dad worked back stage and gave the to him for me and my brother.

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 29/12/21 20:18:21]

"I once punched a Billionaire."

Good man. I've always wanted to do that. Parasites. How many millions do you need ffs.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I scored in the top 10 of kids in England in maths at primary school.

Warwick

"I once punched a Billionaire.

Good man. I've always wanted to do that. Parasites. How many millions do you need ffs."

How many thousands do you need?

How many hundreds?

How many tens?

At what point do successful people become parasites? Probably a discussion for a seperate thread tbh.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I had a telegram from a not so well known actress from Coronation Street, I'm not sure who she was, but it must have been someone from the 1960's/70's.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"

You brag girl!!

Oooh I just started The Witcher. Not yet finished the first series. But my god it’s a great bit of eye candy! "

Your energy and inclusivity is brilliant OP

Thanks for doing such an interesting thread on a dreary night.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I bowled (ten pin bowling) for my county as a child. My husband played table tennis for his county as a child.

Oh and as Paolo Nutini keeps getting mentioned I'll say that we know the people who live next door to him very well. But despite going to their house regularly have never seen him

I'm also available online in many recorded performances (on spotify)

Looks like we can create a band!

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

I went to see Paolo at a one off gig in Newport. He did it for nothing and all the proceeds went to a young lad who lost his mother. Such a nice person!

Thank you! My younger cousin is one of Paolo’s best friends, and my other cousin is in a relationship with Paolo’s sister.

He is indeed a very nice guy - if a bit scatty! - and still has all his old friends from school.

"

He's number one on my celeb free pass list. One of his songs was our first dance and his album sunny side up was played throughout our wedding day celebrations x I adore the guy!! Drool drool drool x

"I once punched a Billionaire.

Good man. I've always wanted to do that. Parasites. How many millions do you need ffs.

How many thousands do you need?

How many hundreds?

How many tens?

At what point do successful people become parasites? Probably a discussion for a seperate thread tbh."

Let's have that chat one day my friend.

By *ixedDevilMan  over a year ago

Bootyville

[Removed by poster at 29/12/21 20:23:58]

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"I needed speech therapist when I was younger to overcome a stutter. You couldn't tell now under normal circumstances but it still comes out occasionally when I'm nervous or talking to people I don't know

You’ve nothing to about, I find that really endearing. "

Awww thank you, that's actually really nice to hear

"I appeared on the Sooty show as a child !

Are you Sweep?! "

Funnily enough sweep had gone missing and we were asked by sooty where we though he was !

"I scored in the top 10 of kids in England in maths at primary school."

Did you go on to do mathematics related things?!

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

I run a fb page in a predominantly male interest with over 20k members, its the biggest of its kind in the uk.

My ggggg/grandfather built the Ironbridge in Telford.

I sang for the Queen when I was 10.

That's about it lol nothing groundbreaking or exceptional hahahaha!

Oh and I married my soul mate, that's my favourite bit x x

Love this thread though x

I have an original sooty sweep and sue from Harry Corbet when he performed in Crewe my dad worked back stage and gave the to him for me and my brother. "

Nice, that’s really cool! Love to see them

"I scored in the top 10 of kids in England in maths at primary school."

Via the maths challenges? I did the local ones. Loved them

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I made pantomime costumes, and attended shows as a dresser for 10 seasons for the local theatre in North London in the 80's.

Lizzie.

"I run a fb page in a predominantly male interest with over 20k members, its the biggest of its kind in the uk.

My ggggg/grandfather built the Ironbridge in Telford.

I sang for the Queen when I was 10.

That's about it lol nothing groundbreaking or exceptional hahahaha!

Oh and I married my soul mate, that's my favourite bit x x

Love this thread though x "

All of those are exceptional. Especially blown away by the Ironbridge fact. First of it's kind in the world, right? Cool.

My primary school teacher was the son of Sooty’s creator & brother of Matthew Corbett who took over in the later years.

I was selected out of 1000 kids for a citizenship award in the States called the DAR award (Daughters of the American Revolution , as in the one against us English) I won it the following year as well.

I’m noted on a register in a v fancy society building in DC.. they would have a fit knowing they actually gave the award to an English girl…(I had a great American accent back then!)

I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30s.

Sticking with the ABBA theme....I’m one of what I can imagine is very few 41 year olds who can claim to have been to a live ABBA concert....their last tour in UK was in 1979 and my mom went to one of the concerts while she was pregnant with me....yes that does count before anyone says otherwise....

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Too many for a public forum. I've been on TV more than once

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Sticking with the ABBA theme....I’m one of what I can imagine is very few 41 year olds who can claim to have been to a live ABBA concert....their last tour in UK was in 1979 and my mom went to one of the concerts while she was pregnant with me....yes that does count before anyone says otherwise...."

My condolences

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

I have written a couple of children's stories and put them on Amazon Kindle. I managed to make £1.00 in total sales.

My primary school teacher was the son of Sooty’s creator & brother of Matthew Corbett who took over in the later years.

I was selected out of 1000 kids for a citizenship award in the States called the DAR award (Daughters of the American Revolution , as in the one against us English) I won it the following year as well.

I’m noted on a register in a v fancy society building in DC.. they would have a fit knowing they actually gave the award to an English girl…(I had a great American accent back then!)

I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30s. "

Great fact! I lived close to where it was filmed so often saw the sootymobile van parked up . Also saw the rainbow crew sometimes!

I’m a regular on Brazzers but I don’t do the porn bits.

My boudoir - S Wales

I’m loving all of these!

I’m currently cooking a mammoth stir fry so reading as I go!

People are so interesting!

Bham

Oh I've thought of one. I sent a screenplay to the BBC, while they passed, they were impressed enough to say they'd read my next screenplay and invited me to send it to them. Though that remains as yet unwritten.

"I have written a couple of children's stories and put them on Amazon Kindle. I managed to make £1.00 in total sales."

Good for you pal, I’ve always wanted to try that myself but haven’t the skills.

I do have the ideas but struggle to get them from head to paper.

I hope you keep trying

My boudoir - S Wales

"

You brag girl!!

Oooh I just started The Witcher. Not yet finished the first series. But my god it’s a great bit of eye candy!

Your energy and inclusivity is brilliant OP

Thanks for doing such an interesting thread on a dreary night. "

This makes me smile so much!

I won the number cruncher thing on Noels house party. Other dude got covered in gunge I won the best part of a grand

Warwick

"I’m loving all of these!

People are so interesting! "

Where'd you get the mammoth meat?

"Oh I've thought of one. I sent a screenplay to the BBC, while they passed, they were impressed enough to say they'd read my next screenplay and invited me to send it to them. Though that remains as yet unwritten. "

Send them the original one back. They may love it this time

Where'd you get the mammoth meat? "

I don’t have a middle name

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

"I have written a couple of children's stories and put them on Amazon Kindle. I managed to make £1.00 in total sales.

I hope you keep trying "

Thanks

I like the idea of continuing to give it a go but I struggle with motivation sometimes x

My boudoir - S Wales

Where'd you get the mammoth meat? "

I just knew, as soon as I posted it, someone was going to ask about mammoth meat

"I have written a couple of children's stories and put them on Amazon Kindle. I managed to make £1.00 in total sales.

I hope you keep trying

Thanks

I like the idea of continuing to give it a go but I struggle with motivation sometimes x"

Motivation can be a bastard. I continually struggle to get motivated. I found a fellow creative who I now work with and trust their vision as they trust mine. Plenty discussions but points are listened to and genuinely thought about. I get deadlines and I hand over deadlines for the next meet/discussion. Do you know or can you find someone like that? Even if you’re both working on separate projects?

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Abbie Eaton, the racing driver who appears on The Grand Tour, her uncle and my dad used to design, build and race grass track bikes, and I learned to drive in her dad's car that my dad bought off him - a Mk 3 Cortina Estate.

My boudoir - S Wales

"As a child I could sit on my hair, I was born a redhead but by 1 month it had turned dark brown.Chemo thinned my hair and turned it white!

I'm a sighted guider "

You’re a survivor

My boudoir - S Wales

"I had a telegram from a not so well known actress from Coronation Street, I'm not sure who she was, but it must have been someone from the 1960's/70's."

What did it say?

Peterborough

I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30s. "

The early US presidents were Americans, so anyone who has any historical knowledge, would know that.

My boudoir - S Wales

"Gosh, only thing that I can think about that is up there with what everyone has just said is that I have flown an Airbus 350 simulator at a time when it was only available to 50 pilots or so worldwide.

One of the best experiences of my life. "

To be fair, that sounds epic!

My boudoir - S Wales

"I'm also available online in many recorded performances (on spotify)

Looks like we can create a band!"

Posh on vocals, (what do you play?), I’ll play the trombone

Peterborough

"I had a telegram from a not so well known actress from Coronation Street, I'm not sure who she was, but it must have been someone from the 1960's/70's.

What did it say? "

Of the top of my head, I think it was something about best wishes, love from (enter name). Each word cost money then.

I have never asked why, I had one of those families that were a genealogist's nightmare. Added to the fact that I have not seen the photo album it is in since the early 2000's , when I was in Ireland, where the other three albums are.

Shrewsbury

"As a child I could sit on my hair, I was born a redhead but by 1 month it had turned dark brown.Chemo thinned my hair and turned it white!

I'm a sighted guider

You’re a survivor "

I don't see it that way as such, just getting on with what life throws at me. Nothing special live my life as it happens and to the best it can be, no regrets

Peterborough

TYPO alert

The early US presidents were NOT Americans, so anyone who has any historical knowledge, would know that.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

There are no photos of me between the ages of 3 and around 17, and very few after that. Like count on one hand the amount of pics of male me there are.

I flew a Hercules under the Severn Bridge (in a simulator, but still counts right?)

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

For all rock fans...I saw Bon Jovis first gig in the uk. I saw one of the last performances by Van Halen with the original lineup. I met Ronnie James Dio.

Bham

"Oh I've thought of one. I sent a screenplay to the BBC, while they passed, they were impressed enough to say they'd read my next screenplay and invited me to send it to them. Though that remains as yet unwritten.

Send them the original one back. They may love it this time "

Risky strategy !

I can fly a plane and dismantle a standard issue army rifle faster than most gents xxx

"TYPO alert

The early US presidents were NOT Americans, so anyone who has any historical knowledge, would know that."

Which US presidents weren’t American? I admit I don’t have any historical knowledge.

Bham

"TYPO alert

The early US presidents were NOT Americans, so anyone who has any historical knowledge, would know that.

Which US presidents weren’t American? I admit I don’t have any historical knowledge."

I think it's just because when they were born, they were born in 'British America'. They became president after the American war of independence were the USA were formed.

"TYPO alert

Which US presidents weren’t American? I admit I don’t have any historical knowledge.

I think it's just because when they were born, they were born in 'British America'. They became president after the American war of independence were the USA were formed. "

Surely they naturally became American when the USA was formed then if they weren’t already? If not what was their nationality?

My house is under an NDA and I'm not allowed to let people in during working day hours

Peterborough

"TYPO alert

I think it's just because when they were born, they were born in 'British America'. They became president after the American war of independence were the USA were formed. "

Yes, that's what I was thinking about.

Peterborough

"My house is under an NDA and I'm not allowed to let people in during working day hours

"

What is an NDA?

Bham

"TYPO alert

I think it's just because when they were born, they were born in 'British America'. They became president after the American war of independence were the USA were formed.

Surely they naturally became American when the USA was formed then if they weren’t already? If not what was their nationality?"

You would assume so, they became nationals of their newly founded country.

"My house is under an NDA and I'm not allowed to let people in during working day hours

What is an NDA?"

Non disclosure agreement

Peterborough

"I can fly a plane and dismantle a standard issue army rifle faster than most gents xxx"

Which one, Lee Enfield .303. SLR or something else?

"TYPO alert

Surely they naturally became American when the USA was formed then if they weren’t already? If not what was their nationality?

You would assume so, they became nationals of their newly founded country. "

So the early US presidents were American?

Peterborough

"TYPO alert

So the early US presidents were American?"

America then was still British soil, so physically yes, but subject wise, no.

"TYPO alert

America then was still British soil, so physically yes, but subject wise, no."

Do you mean it was still British soil when the first president, who I believe was George Washington, became president? Or do you mean that when he was born it was British soil and therefore he can’t be American as he wasn’t born on American soil?

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

"I can fly a plane and dismantle a standard issue army rifle faster than most gents xxx

Which one, Lee Enfield .303. SLR or something else?"

To be fair L85's tend to strip themselves

Peterborough

"I can fly a plane and dismantle a standard issue army rifle faster than most gents xxx

Which one, Lee Enfield .303. SLR or something else?

To be fair L85's tend to strip themselves "

Pity that wasn't someone's FAB name.

Peterborough

"TYPO alert

Do you mean it was still British soil when the first president, who I believe was George Washington, became president? Or do you mean that when he was born it was British soil and therefore he can’t be American as he wasn’t born on American soil?"

This

PRESIDENT BIRTH DATE BIRTH PLACE DEATH DATE LOCATION OF DEATH

George Washington Feb 22, 1732 Westmoreland Co., Va. Dec 14, 1799 Mount Vernon, Va.

John Adams Oct 30, 1735 Quincy, Mass. July 4, 1826 Quincy, Mass.

Thomas Jefferson Apr 13, 1743 Albemarle Co., Va. July 4, 1826 Albemarle Co., Va.

James Madison Mar 16, 1751 Port Conway, Va. June 28, 1836 Orange Co., Va.

James Monroe Apr 28, 1758 Westmoreland Co., Va. July 4, 1831 New York, New York

John Quincy Adams July 11, 1767 Quincy, Mass. Feb 23, 1848 Washington, D.C.

Andrew Jackson Mar 15, 1767 Waxhaws, No/So Carolina June 8, 1845 Nashville, Tennessee

Martin Van Buren Dec 5, 1782 Kinderhook, New York July 24, 1862 Kinderhook, New York

William Henry Harrison Feb 9, 1773 Charles City Co., Va. Apr 4, 1841 Washington, D.C.

John Tyler Mar 29, 1790 Charles City Co., Va. Jan 18, 1862 Richmond, Va.

James K. Polk Nov 2, 1795 Mecklenburg Co., N.C. June 15, 1849 Nashville, Tennessee

Zachary Taylor Nov 24, 1784 Orange County, Va. July 9, 1850 Washington, D.C

Millard Fillmore Jan 7, 1800 Cayuga Co., New York Mar 8, 1874 Buffalo, New York

Franklin Pierce Nov 23, 1804 Hillsborough, N.H. Oct 8, 1869 Concord, New Hamp.

James Buchanan Apr 23, 1791 Cove Gap, Pa. June 1, 1868 Lancaster, Pa.

Abraham Lincoln Feb 12, 1809 LaRue Co., Kentucky Apr 15, 1865 Washington, D.C.

Andrew Johnson Dec 29, 1808 Raleigh, North Carolina July 31, 1875 Elizabethton, Tenn.

Ulysses S. Grant Apr 27, 1822 Point Pleasant, Ohio July 23, 1885 Wilton, New York

Rutherford B. Hayes Oct 4, 1822 Delaware, Ohio Jan 17, 1893 Fremont, Ohio

James A. Garfield Nov 19, 1831 Cuyahoga Co., Ohio Sep 19, 1881 Elberon, New Jersey

Chester Arthur Oct 5, 1829 Fairfield, Vermont Nov 18, 1886 New York, New York

Grover Cleveland Mar 18, 1837 Caldwell, New Jersey June 24, 1908 Princeton, New Jersey

Benjamin Harrison Aug 20, 1833 North Bend, Ohio Mar 13, 1901 Indianapolis, Indiana

William McKinley Jan 29, 1843 Niles, Ohio Sep 14, 1901 Buffalo, New York

Theodore Roosevelt Oct 27, 1858 New York, New York Jan 6, 1919 Oyster Bay, New York

William Howard Taft Sep 15, 1857 Cincinnati, Ohio Mar 8, 1930 Washington, D.C.

Woodrow Wilson Dec 28, 1856 Staunton, Virginia Feb 3, 1924 Washington, D.C.

Warren G. Harding Nov 2, 1865 Morrow County, Ohio Aug 2, 1923 San Francisco, Cal.

Calvin Coolidge July 4, 1872 Plymouth, Vermont Jan 5, 1933 Northampton, Mass.

Herbert Hoover Aug 10, 1874 West Branch, Iowa Oct 20, 1964 New York, New York

Franklin Roosevelt Jan 30, 1882 Hyde Park, New York Apr 12, 1945 Warm Springs, Ga.

Harry S. Truman May 8, 1884 Lamar, Missouri Dec 26, 1972 Kansas City, Missouri

Dwight Eisenhower Oct 14, 1890 Denison, Texas Mar 28, 1969 Washington, D.C.

John F. Kennedy May 29, 1917 Brookline, Mass. Nov 22, 1963 Dallas, Texas

Lyndon B. Johnson Aug 27, 1908 Gillespie Co., Texas Jan 22, 1973 Gillespie Co., Texas

Richard Nixon Jan 9, 1913 Yorba Linda, Cal. Apr 22, 1994 New York, New York

Gerald Ford July 14, 1913 Omaha, Nebraska Dec 26, 2006 Rancho Mirage, Cal.

Jimmy Carter Oct 1, 1924 Plains, Georgia

Ronald Reagan Feb 6, 1911 Tampico, Illinois June 5, 2004 Los Angeles, Cal.

George Bush June 12, 1924 Milton, Mass. Nov 30, 2018 Houston, Texas

Bill Clinton Aug 19, 1946 Hope, Arkansas

George W. Bush July 6, 1946 New Haven, Conn.

Barack Obama Aug 4, 1961 Honolulu, Hawaii

Donald Trump June 14, 1946 New York, New York

Joe Biden Nov 20, 1942 Scranton, Pa.

"TYPO alert

Do you mean it was still British soil when the first president, who I believe was George Washington, became president? Or do you mean that when he was born it was British soil and therefore he can’t be American as he wasn’t born on American soil?

This

George Washington Feb 22, 1732 Westmoreland Co., Va. Dec 14, 1799 Mount Vernon, Va.

Thomas Jefferson Apr 13, 1743 Albemarle Co., Va. July 4, 1826 Albemarle Co., Va.

Andrew Jackson Mar 15, 1767 Waxhaws, No/So Carolina June 8, 1845 Nashville, Tennessee

Martin Van Buren Dec 5, 1782 Kinderhook, New York July 24, 1862 Kinderhook, New York

William Henry Harrison Feb 9, 1773 Charles City Co., Va. Apr 4, 1841 Washington, D.C.

James K. Polk Nov 2, 1795 Mecklenburg Co., N.C. June 15, 1849 Nashville, Tennessee

Andrew Johnson Dec 29, 1808 Raleigh, North Carolina July 31, 1875 Elizabethton, Tenn.

Ulysses S. Grant Apr 27, 1822 Point Pleasant, Ohio July 23, 1885 Wilton, New York

James A. Garfield Nov 19, 1831 Cuyahoga Co., Ohio Sep 19, 1881 Elberon, New Jersey

Grover Cleveland Mar 18, 1837 Caldwell, New Jersey June 24, 1908 Princeton, New Jersey

Benjamin Harrison Aug 20, 1833 North Bend, Ohio Mar 13, 1901 Indianapolis, Indiana

Theodore Roosevelt Oct 27, 1858 New York, New York Jan 6, 1919 Oyster Bay, New York

Warren G. Harding Nov 2, 1865 Morrow County, Ohio Aug 2, 1923 San Francisco, Cal.

Franklin Roosevelt Jan 30, 1882 Hyde Park, New York Apr 12, 1945 Warm Springs, Ga.

Lyndon B. Johnson Aug 27, 1908 Gillespie Co., Texas Jan 22, 1973 Gillespie Co., Texas

"

Wow. Scarily comprehensive.

By *upert1000Man  over a year ago

enfield

So when I was about 10 I performed in a choir at The Royal Albert Hall

I have been snowboarding naked a few times..

Peterborough

"TYPO alert

Wow. Scarily comprehensive. "

Thanks

More research , then copy and paste.

"TYPO alert

This

"

That doesn’t explain what you mean, you very confidently said that the early US presidents weren’t American and anyone with any historical knowledge would know that, so I’d have thought you’d be able to use your historical knowledge to explain what you mean rather than just copy a load of dates and locations off the internet.

All I’m asking is if they weren’t American then what nationality were they and why were they that nationality rather than American?

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I sang in front of Paloma Faiths voice coach, not really that interesting but all I can think of

"I have been snowboarding naked a few times.."
sober or d*unk ?

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I was invited to Olympic trials for two different countries... and then rejected for being too old

LvM

"I was invited to Olympic trials for two different countries... and then rejected for being too old

LvM"

Weird that they didn’t know your age when they invited you to the trials. Which Olympics was it and what sport out of interest?

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We have both performed at the Albert Hall (but not at the same time).

Nothing terribly exciting...

I played County Netball for over 10 years.

I had breakfast with George Best in my dressing gown and slippers.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I once set off the fireworks at Disney (I wasn’t dressed as Tinkerbell )

I broke the school 400 meters record which had stood for 50 years…and it stood until the school was knocked down

We spent our first New Years together in A&E due to a sex related injury and at 12 couldn’t see each other

K

» Add a new message to this topic