FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trying a dating site

Trying a dating site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *punkymonkey40 OP   Man  over a year ago

derby

For the first time I just paid into a dating site in hopes of finding that special someone... I know it's early days but there is not many that are near me and one actually looks scary and looks like she doing devil worship in her profile photo.. Not saying she looks bad but I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't got her ex in the basement

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

My honest opinion is don’t do pay for dating.

People that need to use pay for dating are… well… people that need to use pay for dating. Not exactly the desirables

Tinder bumble badoo hinge and Facebook dating are all free and have huge user bases. Try them too at least, it can’t hurt

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Haha great start then eh. Wishing you all the luck in the world, hope you find that special person in your life.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Never ever pay, like he's said above there's plenty of free sites and paying doesn't really up your chances of success because no matter what site you're on there will be mostly fake profiles

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fb seems to be filling up with working girls these days

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I found Bumble to be the best, Lady has to message first and if you do build up a rapport a date is easily arranged.

No longer on them as I’m now in a relationship but it’s the one I’d recommend.

Agree with everyone else, don’t pay just use the free ones but ensure you create a good profile.

derby

Thanks for the advice, yer this is my first time I have joined sites in the past but you have to pay/join to see who liked you/read messages/send messages/ see more photos... So felt like I was missing out.. And tinder is the same to see the ones who like you, you have to pay

Good luck OP

derby

Thanks wandawoman

As others said don't pay. You'll find more people on free sites

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Dudley

My comment is on the other thread of the same name

"My comment is on the other thread of the same name "

By *enuine MikeMan  over a year ago

Guildford

I've tried the free sites and paid into a couple too.

I've got a 100% zero success rate. Nobody i like ever messages back, ive never been on a date with someone I've met online, it's mentally challenging. So I don't bother, complete waste of time in my experience.

Good luck though chap

derby

"My comment is on the other thread of the same name "

Yer just spotted that error lol thanks

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

"I found Bumble to be the best, Lady has to message first and if you do build up a rapport a date is easily arranged.

Agree with everyone else, don’t pay just use the free ones but ensure you create a good profile. "

I tried bumble and its pretty good but I find most of the ladies on I've chatted to don't feel comfortable meeting for a coffee, even after chatting for a while which I find strange or maybe it's just me really

derby

"I've tried the free sites and paid into a couple too.

I've got a 100% zero success rate. Nobody i like ever messages back, ive never been on a date with someone I've met online, it's mentally challenging. So I don't bother, complete waste of time in my experience.

Good luck though chap "

I must admit I have had zero success but I always thought is because I never paid into it.. I guess I should have saved the £89 and go to bubbles for a much needed massage

derby

Just got onto bumble you do have to pay now but I don't see it making any difference if I pay or not but it feels a lot like tinder

By *it-chrissyTV/TS  over a year ago

sw. london

vanilla dating sites are grim, esp if you're male, not tall ànd wrong side of 50

good thing my self-confidence isn't reliant on responses there !

(giving one a go atm)

x

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Tinder mate pay for the boost and that’s it.

Decent profile text outline your interests and some good pics. Have had some great times and met some lovely people on that platform.

Don’t get suckered to pay a lot of money.

Good luck

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"For the first time I just paid into a dating site in hopes of finding that special someone... I know it's early days but there is not many that are near me and one actually looks scary and looks like she doing devil worship in her profile photo.. Not saying she looks bad but I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't got her ex in the basement "

Which one if you don’t mind me asking? Pof have been trying to get me to pay for year’s

By *opman121Man  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Plenty of fish is ok most are on for one thing like this site lol

Milton keynes

"Plenty of fish is ok most are on for one thing like this site lol "

I find that site full of fakes to be honest

Bumble is the best in my opinion. I’ve had some lovely dates from there with really normal guys. Tinder is full of wankers and PoF is brimming with absolute weirdos!

Milton keynes

I find Facebook dating to be quite alright.. OK, may need to out those that just want your WhatsApp number but I think most dating apps have that issue too

Cheshire

"I found Bumble to be the best, Lady has to message first and if you do build up a rapport a date is easily arranged.

Agree with everyone else, don’t pay just use the free ones but ensure you create a good profile.

I tried bumble and its pretty good but I find most of the ladies on I've chatted to don't feel comfortable meeting for a coffee, even after chatting for a while which I find strange or maybe it's just me really "

Maybe your age range as mines probably older. I tend to find it’s mother’s with older children so they have more spare time. Also due to some of my hobbies are quite a range from running, motorbikes and political or just the arts, films etc…I tend to get the sporty mums and the sofa mums

As an experiment I recently joined Our Time, which is specifically for over 50s. It's clear that they 'borrow' profiles from other sites, presumably from the same ownership as there are women looking for men under 50.

So far I've had 950 profile views, 11 'likes' and zero messages.

I'm discovering that a) you must have a dog or be a dog lover, b) you must drink wine, c) you must be 'family orientated', d) you must go on multiple foreign holidays to stand any chance at all. Oh, and generally be younger than the woman.

derby

"For the first time I just paid into a dating site in hopes of finding that special someone... I know it's early days but there is not many that are near me and one actually looks scary and looks like she doing devil worship in her profile photo.. Not saying she looks bad but I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't got her ex in the basement

Which one if you don’t mind me asking? Pof have been trying to get me to pay for year’s "

eharmony...i shouldn't say to much yet has its very early days and I was poking fun of the situation more then anything else so not going to give up just yet.. Well got 12 months of finding woman who look sinister

Llanelli

I've had lots of likes on bumble but the problem is they don't let you swipe right many times before you run out. Think I swiped right about 6 times today before it said I was out of them

derby

"As an experiment I recently joined Our Time, which is specifically for over 50s. It's clear that they 'borrow' profiles from other sites, presumably from the same ownership as there are women looking for men under 50.

So far I've had 950 profile views, 11 'likes' and zero messages.

I'm discovering that a) you must have a dog or be a dog lover, b) you must drink wine, c) you must be 'family orientated', d) you must go on multiple foreign holidays to stand any chance at all. Oh, and generally be younger than the woman. "

Well that rules me out I will have a snake soon, I am 45, don't drink wine.. I do go on foreign holidays but I wouldn't say multiple as I have to work

derby

Yer bumble you have to pay a premium price to see who liked you.. Pretty much same as tinder and with just paying £89 not in a rush or that desperate to splash out more cash that I can put to better use.

Strange that most of the comments above saying never pay for dating sites are all.site supporters here...so pay? I know this isn't a dating site but..?

Tinder isn't free. Yes it - and the rest - are free to join but on the whole you have to pay to read messages and reply.

Personal experience...I've seen a lot of profiles on traditional dating sites of people off here.

Milton keynes

I tried bumble and its pretty good but I find most of the ladies on I've chatted to don't feel comfortable meeting for a coffee, even after chatting for a while which I find strange or maybe it's just me really

Maybe your age range as mines probably older. I tend to find it’s mother’s with older children so they have more spare time. Also due to some of my hobbies are quite a range from running, motorbikes and political or just the arts, films etc…I tend to get the sporty mums and the sofa mums "

Yeah I get a lot of the older sporty women too as similar interests as me but.. ah well, just not my time yet I suppose

Llanelli

"Strange that most of the comments above saying never pay for dating sites are all.site supporters here...so pay? I know this isn't a dating site but..?

Tinder isn't free. Yes it - and the rest - are free to join but on the whole you have to pay to read messages and reply.

Personal experience...I've seen a lot of profiles on traditional dating sites of people off here. "

It's cheap to pay to be a site supporter and I pay because I like to be able to perv videos and that's the only reason

I plan to try Bumble for the first time in the New Year.

Not sure how I feel about making the first move - as that’s not really me - but it won’t hurt to get out of my comfort zone!

Good luck to all those looking x

We met on a paid dating site (Match) 3 years ago.

We’re very happy and getting married soon.

I did the free sites before but found they were too full of ghosters and fantasists.

If you have to pay I believe it shows some serious intent.

Maybe your age range as mines probably older. I tend to find it’s mother’s with older children so they have more spare time. Also due to some of my hobbies are quite a range from running, motorbikes and political or just the arts, films etc…I tend to get the sporty mums and the sofa mums

Yeah I get a lot of the older sporty women too as similar interests as me but.. ah well, just not my time yet I suppose "

Are older sporty mums a good thing or not? I may be in this category

derby

"I plan to try Bumble for the first time in the New Year.

Not sure how I feel about making the first move - as that’s not really me - but it won’t hurt to get out of my comfort zone!

Good luck to all those looking x"

I am on there now we may cross paths

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"For the first time I just paid into a dating site in hopes of finding that special someone... I know it's early days but there is not many that are near me and one actually looks scary and looks like she doing devil worship in her profile photo.. Not saying she looks bad but I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't got her ex in the basement "

Please, tell us more about this scary-looking devil worshipper in or around Derby. Sounds like my type!

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Good luck hope u find what u looking for x

derby

"For the first time I just paid into a dating site in hopes of finding that special someone... I know it's early days but there is not many that are near me and one actually looks scary and looks like she doing devil worship in her profile photo.. Not saying she looks bad but I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't got her ex in the basement

Please, tell us more about this scary-looking devil worshipper in or around Derby. Sounds like my type! "

She could be an axe murder looking for her next victim

Good luck to all those looking x"

That’s the thing with bumble! I find guys I like the look of, match Ruth them then don’t bother to message!

That’s the thing with bumble! I find guys I like the look of, match Ruth them then don’t bother to message! "

*with

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

OP do you use the same username on dating sites?

Grantham

Can always resort ti this thread https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1244756#message_30089608

It has worked for some

I am on there now we may cross paths "

Reckon I’ll be looking a tad closer to home

"We met on a paid dating site (Match) 3 years ago.

We’re very happy and getting married soon.

I did the free sites before but found they were too full of ghosters and fantasists.

If you have to pay I believe it shows some serious intent. "

I agree with you. There are emotionally unavailable men (and women!) wherever you look, irrespective of dating platform. But I found Match to be the best of a bad bunch.

Llanelli

That’s the thing with bumble! I find guys I like the look of, match Ruth them then don’t bother to message!

*with"

They match, you message them and get nothing back

All I can say is they either are crazy or just forget to look within the 24hr period it gives to reply

*with

All I can say is they either are crazy or just forget to look within the 24hr period it gives to reply "

No, we match and then I don’t message them. The lady has to make the first move don’t they

Llanelli

*with

All I can say is they either are crazy or just forget to look within the 24hr period it gives to reply

No, we match and then I don’t message them. The lady has to make the first move don’t they "

Oh I read that completely wrong

Yes it's up to the lady to message first which I refreshing

Llanelli

*with

No, we match and then I don’t message them. The lady has to make the first move don’t they

Oh I read that completely wrong

Yes it's up to the lady to message first which I refreshing "

Is refreshing

derby

Reckon I’ll be looking a tad closer to home "

Such a shame but I also agree, I did go to Edinburgh in September for the first time and loved it stayed near the castle and did the boat trip on lockness..it was so relaxing there came home to Derby feeling depressed

derby

"OP do you use the same username on dating sites?"

No just my name

Grantham

"OP do you use the same username on dating sites?

No just my name "

Phew

By *rongstantineWoman  over a year ago

hull

"Well that rules me out I will have a snake soon, I am 45, don't drink wine.. I do go on foreign holidays but I wouldn't say multiple as I have to work "

Oooh, what species?

derby

"Well that rules me out I will have a snake soon, I am 45, don't drink wine.. I do go on foreign holidays but I wouldn't say multiple as I have to work

Oooh, what species?"

What me or the snake? Lol

I am going to get a corn snake

derby

No just my name

Phew "

Yer no spunky would not go down to well with most vanilla dating sites...but then I get more attention if I used spunkymonkey or sexmachine

Nottingham

Please, tell us more about this scary-looking devil worshipper in or around Derby. Sounds like my type!

She could be an axe murder looking for her next victim "

If she's hot enough I'll even let her sacrifice me.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've just joined Hinge, guys at least have to write something in the prompts unlike so many tinder profiles which are blank. And they can also do a voice note which is kinda cool

"I've just joined Hinge, guys at least have to write something in the prompts unlike so many tinder profiles which are blank. And they can also do a voice note which is kinda cool "

Ooh, another option. Let me know how you get on!

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"I've just joined Hinge, guys at least have to write something in the prompts unlike so many tinder profiles which are blank. And they can also do a voice note which is kinda cool "

Hinge is actually great for guys with personality because you can really stand out with a funny/witty prompt on their pictures

"I've just joined Hinge, guys at least have to write something in the prompts unlike so many tinder profiles which are blank. And they can also do a voice note which is kinda cool

Hinge is actually great for guys with personality because you can really stand out with a funny/witty prompt on their pictures "

That sounds promising!

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Bit of a dick move talking shit behind someone's back far enough if she not want but do not need to be a dick.

derby

Bit of a dick move talking shit behind someone's back far enough if she not want but do not need to be a dick."

I was not being a dick... If you read between the lines I am being sarcastic

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I've just joined Hinge, guys at least have to write something in the prompts unlike so many tinder profiles which are blank. And they can also do a voice note which is kinda cool

Ooh, another option. Let me know how you get on!"

Will do x

I've tried Bumble, Hinge, PoF, Feeld and OkCupid. In my area, for the age group I'm looking for - pants, all of them. I've tried them over a few years. Bumble has been the worst for time wasting and men not even making an effort.

Giving Badoo a try atm and chatting to someone on Feeld who seems promising.

Replied to a message when I first joined here and went on to meet him. 10 years later we are very happily married. Happens when you least expect it

By *igInHer14Man  over a year ago

Livingston

*with"

You don’t bother to message them? Orrr…they don’t message you??

Yesssss…I can’t see it being the latter either but just checking x

*with

You don’t bother to message them? Orrr…they don’t message you??

Yesssss…I can’t see it being the latter either but just checking x"

I don’t bother to message.

derby

Want to say Liverpoolgirl you look stunning

"Want to say Liverpoolgirl you look stunning "

Thank you, very kind

derby

You welcome

Llanelli

I've never heard of that one

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Only had a dabble on fb , had some nice dates but seems like everyone’s looking for long term regular relationships.

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Reckon I’ll be looking a tad closer to home "

And what pray tell do you consider closer to home?

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

Good luck....

I do wish this site had a dating element because I also want to find a relationship but couldn't go back to vanilla!!

So adding that element makes dating trickier...

I've tried feeld and POF which sway more to non mainstream/typical types of relationships but had no joy.

derby

"Good luck....

I do wish this site had a dating element because I also want to find a relationship but couldn't go back to vanilla!!

I've tried feeld and POF which sway more to non mainstream/typical types of relationships but had no joy. "

I think thats a good idea.. I enjoy going to the club near me, but I am not a cheater or a player so if I was to meet a woman on a regular dating site that's the end of the club scene I am not like that.

But at least if you meet on here and you both looking for long term relationship.

Grantham

No just my name

Phew

Yer no spunky would not go down to well with most vanilla dating sites...but then I get more attention if I used spunkymonkey or sexmachine"

Are you sure it goes down well on here then?

"Good luck....

I've tried feeld and POF which sway more to non mainstream/typical types of relationships but had no joy. "

I'm not monogamous. I'm not going to change so need to find a man/men who are ok with that.

derby

I have no idea it was just a random funny name I thought of it's had a few laughs over the time I been on here. I was going to use that name on the site but changed my mind at the last minute.. Maybe would have a different outcome.. Who knows

By *ed velvet thornWoman  over a year ago

over the rainbow

Just jump on the swingles thread on here see what happens

"I've tried the free sites and paid into a couple too.

Good luck though chap

I must admit I have had zero success but I always thought is because I never paid into it.. I guess I should have saved the £89 and go to bubbles for a much needed massage "

£89!! they saw you coming wooow that seems alot!

derby

I think this seems to be the going rate now days love don't come cheap

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

And some sites require both parties to be paid up members. If only one party pays, then the conversation is not going to happen.

Take a course at a college, most are full of women. Get into the subject and show your passion along the way. At least one woman will show interest in you.

derby

"And some sites require both parties to be paid up members. If only one party pays, then the conversation is not going to happen."

True you can't even see who likes you on some sites/apps or you can't message them or read a message... Could end up paying a membership just to read a message that she is not interested

derby

"Take a course at a college, most are full of women. Get into the subject and show your passion along the way. At least one woman will show interest in you."

Well in the new year I am joining a karate class so who knows

"Take a course at a college, most are full of women. Get into the subject and show your passion along the way. At least one woman will show interest in you.

Well in the new year I am joining a karate class so who knows "

good luck!!

I hope you dont have that user name on your dating profile lol

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

practising for when you marry her....?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm rubbish at online dating.

I'm too fussy, must not be pretty enough and I'm far too easily put off people

derby

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm rubbish at online dating.

"

I think most of us are like that... But beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"

Apparently, this is common for ladies.

They only swipe right for 20% of the men whereas men do so 60% of the time.

This leads to a small percentage of elite level men being pursued by lots of ladies.

This leads to the guys being overly confident and being more difficult to pin down...with so many offers around.

Which has a negative effect on women's perception of dating.

Glad I could shine some sunshine on that for you.

"

Well then I am rubbish too! But I suspect we are just allowed to have preferences.

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

I think most of us are like that... But beauty is in the eye of the beholder "

It’s very easy to reject someone online. If you actually got to have a 5 minute conversation with everyone you messaged online you’d find plenty where there was a spark.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Take a course at a college, most are full of women. Get into the subject and show your passion along the way. At least one woman will show interest in you."

I did night time catering at college: YTS day release and the majority of the class were middle aged dinner ladies.

I imagine the demographic, that he is looking for, might not be equally spread out amongst all courses.

Plus how many of them arte going to say "I came hear to learn, not to be yearend after."

So, that's Mind your Language versus Shirley Valentine. Giving my age away here.

Grantham

Back in the day that was the advice given to women, except to join a mechanics class

It’s very easy to reject someone online. If you actually got to have a 5 minute conversation with everyone you messaged online you’d find plenty where there was a spark. "

Not convinced of this.

It’s very easy to reject someone online. If you actually got to have a 5 minute conversation with everyone you messaged online you’d find plenty where there was a spark.

Not convinced of this. "

me neither, I have deal breakers and if they break them no amounts of chat would change that

Nottingham

Apparently, this is common for ladies.

They only swipe right for 20% of the men whereas men do so 60% of the time.

This leads to a small percentage of elite level men being pursued by lots of ladies.

This leads to the guys being overly confident and being more difficult to pin down...with so many offers around.

Which has a negative effect on women's perception of dating.

Glad I could shine some sunshine on that for you. "

Oh, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong – I swipe right on *way* less than 20% of women, let alone 60%!

Guess I'm just too picky. But then, I wouldn't want to match with someone I don't find attractive.

I found Hinge and Bumble to work best. Hinge especially as it provides a great way to start conversations.

OkCupid looks good on paper as the idea is great. But in practice, it's full if fake profiles. The app itself does lots of dodgy stuff to get money out of it.

Nottingham

OkCupid used to be the least-worst dating app, but then Match.com bought it out, and now it’s just *broken*.

It used to present you with a proper results page showing all the people who matched your criteria, and you could sort them by match percentage or distance and so forth. It was so much more efficient and user-friendly than the current swiping model adopted from Tinder.

Recently I paid for a couple months' subscription so I could see likes. I didn't get any, so I ended my subscription. Within 24 hours of it expiring, I allegedly got 14 likes in less than a day. Pure bullshit designed to scam the user into buying another subscription.

"OkCupid used to be the least-worst dating app, but then Match.com bought it out, and now it’s just *broken*.

It used to present you with a proper results page showing all the people who matched your criteria, and you could sort them by match percentage or distance and so forth. It was so much more efficient and user-friendly than the current swiping model adopted from Tinder.

Recently I paid for a couple months' subscription so I could see likes. I didn't get any, so I ended my subscription. Within 24 hours of it expiring, I allegedly got 14 likes in less than a day. Pure bullshit designed to scam the user into buying another subscription. "

Same experience for me. I used to love the app as it actually had questions about interests in kink and swinging. It went seriously downhill at some point.

I create a new account. I get 20 likes in two days. I pay for the subscription only to find that all 20 were from China/Phillipines etc. There is not a single like after I pay for it. Once the subscription is over, I got 15 likes in a day which I have to pay to see.

It's a shame as they had a good thing going. I didn't know it was after Match.com bought it.

My only two fwbs both came from dating sites. I was always upfront about only looking for NSA sex and there were a surprising number of women willing to meet on that basis, although they would have preferred with a view to a more committed relationship. I thought fab might be different, ie more women looking for the same as myself, but it really isn't.

"

Same experience for me. I used to love the app as it actually had questions about interests in kink and swinging. It went seriously downhill at some point.

I create a new account. I get 20 likes in two days. I pay for the subscription only to find that all 20 were from China/Phillipines etc. There is not a single like after I pay for it. Once the subscription is over, I got 15 likes in a day which I have to pay to see.

It's a shame as they had a good thing going. I didn't know it was after Match.com bought it.

"

I had similar with Tinder, dozen or so likes within days of joining so I paid and all the likes were between 1,000 and 4,000 miles away! Hardly had any likes the month I was there.

Even the search option as bad. Put 30miles radius and it was coming up with profiles in Manchester...I'm in South Wiltshire!

Cancelled subscription a straight away the likes started again.

derby

"

I had similar with Tinder, dozen or so likes within days of joining so I paid and all the likes were between 1,000 and 4,000 miles away! Hardly had any likes the month I was there.

Even the search option as bad. Put 30miles radius and it was coming up with profiles in Manchester...I'm in South Wiltshire!

Cancelled subscription a straight away the likes started again. "

They do feel like a scam

Nottingham

"

Cancelled subscription a straight away the likes started again.

They do feel like a scam

"

Capitalism in action. Big businesses have spotted that horny and / or lonely men can be rinsed for money. I kind of regret having participated, but I guess I had to give it a try.

derby

I am on tying bumble but again says 4 woman liked me but I got to pay to see who they are...but I am sure you have to let them contact you so why would I need to see who they are if they contact me first

"I am on tying bumble but again says 4 woman liked me but I got to pay to see who they are...but I am sure you have to let them contact you so why would I need to see who they are if they contact me first

"

They can contact you only if you also swipe right on them and there is a match.

derby

So just paid £2.99 which is the minimum for one day and the only lady of the 4 that I find attractive lives near London.

derby

After cancelling EHARMONY I got an email saying I will get £24 refund

Already paid by you: £89.40

Value compensation: £65.00

Reimbursement: £24.40

By *astpoetMan  over a year ago

where the world takes me

Sounds like my kind of woman

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

"I am on tying bumble but again says 4 woman liked me but I got to pay to see who they are...but I am sure you have to let them contact you so why would I need to see who they are if they contact me first

"

It's a matter of swiping until you match on them.... or not cos maybe you don't like them.

Don't get suckered into paying.

Also most sites will give you an offer of half price if you don't sign up immediately if you did want to trial paying

Cheshire

"

If you match, then you’ll see them and they’ll have 24 hours to message you. Then you have 24 hours in which to reply. If this doesn’t happen you unmatch.

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

Bumble's easy to figure out. Just adjust the age sliders and check your Likes until you narrow down their age. Then a few swipes and they should pop up. It's easy to work out the pixelated image. You might have to scroll down to see any other photos as it's not always their main one it shows all pixelated.

Been on most of them for a couple of years now. There's no better way to destroy any delusions about yourself than on them. I am dirt.

I stopped using Bumble a while back. Hinge seems to work better for me. Easy to start conversation. Pretty much free for all normal usage. The app works without problems too.

derby

Might give it a break for awhile... Go back to the local club and just enjoy my freedom for while then maybe look again in spring.. I think when you look to hard and too many sites you end up feeling disappointed and it can get you down if you let it.

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 31/12/21 17:09:20]

Nottingham

"Bumble's easy to figure out. Just adjust the age sliders and check your Likes until you narrow down their age. Then a few swipes and they should pop up. It's easy to work out the pixelated image. You might have to scroll down to see any other photos as it's not always their main one it shows all pixelated.

Been on most of them for a couple of years now. There's no better way to destroy any delusions about yourself than on them. I am dirt."

That's pretty much been what I've taken away from it too. It was one thing suspecting I'm probably worthless, but it's entirely another having it rubbed in my face day after day after day for years on end.

derby

"

That's pretty much been what I've taken away from it too. It was one thing suspecting I'm probably worthless, but it's entirely another having it rubbed in my face day after day after day for years on end. "

Feeling the same only I went and paid for it

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

Got no interest in dating what so ever,am i alone in this thought?

Nottingham

"

That's pretty much been what I've taken away from it too. It was one thing suspecting I'm probably worthless, but it's entirely another having it rubbed in my face day after day after day for years on end.

Feeling the same only I went and paid for it "

So did I. OKC, Tinder, Bumble... feel like a complete mug.

No substitute for getting out and meeting people in person. Unfortunately... pandemic. Ugh.

I met my last girlfriend on Bumble. It worked really well for me, just me that screwed it up not Bumble!

Am now back in the Bumble club.

Here's to you OP, wishing you and all fellow Bumblelers good luck, joy and dodging the axe murderers in 2022

I personally feel all the free ones are full of fakes, or people just looking for hook ups. My way of thinking is if they are willing to pay for a site then they are more serious about actually wanting to date. But that's just my humble opinion

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Good luck OP.

Don’t dwell on it now. At least you haven’t paid hook up sites.

From what I have heard eHarmony is quite decent site if you are looking for a long term partner.

Don’t limit yourself to close by people but spread your wings further as you might find your soulmate living some distance away.

Nottingham

"I personally feel all the free ones are full of fakes, or people just looking for hook ups. My way of thinking is if they are willing to pay for a site then they are more serious about actually wanting to date. But that's just my humble opinion "

If there's a site full of people just looking for hookups, I've never been able to find it. They're all swamped in monogamous people looking for The One™.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"

Feeling the same only I went and paid for it "

Ah lads. Stick at it you are not worthless.

"I personally feel all the free ones are full of fakes, or people just looking for hook ups. My way of thinking is if they are willing to pay for a site then they are more serious about actually wanting to date. But that's just my humble opinion

If there's a site full of people just looking for hookups, I've never been able to find it. They're all swamped in monogamous people looking for The One™. "

The one that mentions fish is the worst

Littlehampton

Here's a handy tip if you find yourself swamped on Tinder and Bumble: mention that you're in non-vanilla. You're guaranteed to be less popular than tumble. Works every time.

"I want someone fun, honest, genuine, authentic, passionate, and who likes the outdoors." Well, I'm all that but I also like things a little bit kinky. "Get out, you perv."

Which is funny, because most of the female profiles say they want someone honest. But obviously not that honest...

And no baggage? Honey, at almost 50, if you don't have any baggage you've probably been in jail for the last thirty years.

And is it me or has every single woman got themselves a camper van and paddleboard in lockdown?

Nottingham

"I personally feel all the free ones are full of fakes, or people just looking for hook ups. My way of thinking is if they are willing to pay for a site then they are more serious about actually wanting to date. But that's just my humble opinion

If there's a site full of people just looking for hookups, I've never been able to find it. They're all swamped in monogamous people looking for The One™.

The one that mentions fish is the worst "

Do you mean it's the worst because people are looking for hookups, or the worst because people are looking for The One™?

Do you mean it's the worst because people are looking for hookups, or the worst because people are looking for The One™? "

There looking for hook ups

Nottingham

Do you mean it's the worst because people are looking for hookups, or the worst because people are looking for The One™?

There looking for hook ups "

Sounds like I should give it a try, then!

Littlehampton

Sounds like I should give it a try, then! "

Don't. They're all mingers. It has the worst ones. Badoo is pretty bad as well.

If you want to completely lose faith in humanity then look at 20-somethings on Tinder. Just filters and wannabe instagrammers.

Littlehampton

Personally I find the while "I'm looking for The One/my last ever first date/marriage/happy ever after/etc." incredibly off-putting. It's like you're judged from the get go. What happened to letting a relationship develop? Getting to know each other? Seeing how things work, and if they don't just shake on it and move on? It's like get married first, see how it works out later.

Sounds like I should give it a try, then! "

By *tagmeupMan  over a year ago

wirral

I do very well on vanilla sites but not as much on here yet its lifestyle dating and a gf in to this life that i want. I usually blow it by the second or third date when i mention it and they do not like it. Then back to square one.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

That’s the thing with bumble! I find guys I like the look of, match with them then don’t bother to message! "

This is not just limited to ladies in Fab then, them not messaging first? Heartening

I’ve been on a few of the more well known sites with mixed results, I had a 3 year relationship, met a (now) friend, a few one off dates that were fun, a couple that weren’t.

My biggest gripe is tgst it’s not always easy to tell when the profile was last active, so you could be messaging someone who ‘left’ the site some time ago.

» Add a new message to this topic