FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone run their own website?

Anyone run their own website?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone have any hints or tips with regards to pushing a website up the Google rankings? Ta

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I do. What type of website is it?

Use social media as much as possible to push visits to your website. You can analyse to see where your views are coming from and then point Facebook/Instagram ads to those demographics to target the people you want. The visits your website gets, the higher up your website will get. There's a few other SEO tips but that's a straight forward and easy way to start

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Without paying - which we never do - it's a case of updating the site regularly (once a week is good) including lots of keywords in bold type & repeated on various pages, link to other sites & try to get them to link to yours.

Our site is a little niche, but when people are looking for, "medieval reenactment in Lincolnshire", for example, we're always there.

Optimizing images you could try and make your website more accessible to local searches and of course make sure you update your content on a regular basis

I’ve got tonnes of key words, all images are tagged and I’ve got the sea package running from the domain provider.

Its getting there but would love it to move quicker

It sounds like you are doing a lot of things right the way Google's algorithms work can be a bit crazy and they change every so often but one thing I would think about is not just a ranking in search but overall user experience of your site as that can definitely help with the ranking

"It sounds like you are doing a lot of things right the way Google's algorithms work can be a bit crazy and they change every so often but one thing I would think about is not just a ranking in search but overall user experience of your site as that can definitely help with the ranking"

Definitely! It’s mobile friendly and easy to see what is offered, lots of contact buttons etc. I think I’ve got that right so far. Just want it to move a bit quicker

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I do and I know things

"I do and I know things "

Can you share any of the things?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I do and I know things

Can you share any of the things? "

What's been said is good info.

How you achieve the rankings you want depends a lot on your website set up and hosting.

By *entbi99Man  over a year ago

Streatham

I have one. Optimisation is the key. Some hosts will do this for you free, others charge you for it or you can do it yourself. The company that host my site offer various options and even provide a tutorial on doing it yourself. DM to discuss in detail if you wish

"I have one. Optimisation is the key. Some hosts will do this for you free, others charge you for it or you can do it yourself. The company that host my site offer various options and even provide a tutorial on doing it yourself. DM to discuss in detail if you wish "

I have the seo package active with my host. Not sure how much it is doing but it was on offer and I took it.

Streatham

"I have one. Optimisation is the key. Some hosts will do this for you free, others charge you for it or you can do it yourself. The company that host my site offer various options and even provide a tutorial on doing it yourself. DM to discuss in detail if you wish

I have the seo package active with my host. Not sure how much it is doing but it was on offer and I took it. "

You should have an option to see what it's doing and how it's doing it. If you have tech support they should also take you through it

"I have one. Optimisation is the key. Some hosts will do this for you free, others charge you for it or you can do it yourself. The company that host my site offer various options and even provide a tutorial on doing it yourself. DM to discuss in detail if you wish

I have the seo package active with my host. Not sure how much it is doing but it was on offer and I took it.

You should have an option to see what it's doing and how it's doing it. If you have tech support they should also take you through it"

Thank you, I’ll have a look

By *arkSuitedBootedMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

What's your website?

"What's your website? "

Don’t think I’m allowed to name other sites on here

Streatham

You should have an option to see what it's doing and how it's doing it. If you have tech support they should also take you through it

Thank you, I’ll have a look "

Let me know how you get on. I can download the guide and email it to you if you need it

Let me know how you get on. I can download the guide and email it to you if you need it"

Thank you

By *ristobaltMan  over a year ago

penryn

Thank you, I’ll have a look "

Don’t take this the wrong cause I mean it in the right possible way. Maybe use you’re looks to catch a few eyes via social medial etc. Just to get people to indorse it.

Obviously you have done the right things prior to this but another marketing angle to catch a good audience is always good

Don’t take this the wrong cause I mean it in the right possible way. Maybe use you’re looks to catch a few eyes via social medial etc. Just to get people to indorse it.

Obviously you have done the right things prior to this but another marketing angle to catch a good audience is always good "

I would do that but it’s not appropriate for me to endorse it personally. My business partner and I want to remain anonymous

By *arkSuitedBootedMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"What's your website?

Don’t think I’m allowed to name other sites on here "

PM me

penryn

Obviously you have done the right things prior to this but another marketing angle to catch a good audience is always good

I would do that but it’s not appropriate for me to endorse it personally. My business partner and I want to remain anonymous "

Well I’m sure you could get people on board to do just that for a percentage of the initial profit that, that indorsment may bring

By *pepepipoxMan  over a year ago

London

"Does anyone have any hints or tips with regards to pushing a website up the Google rankings? Ta "

I am think putting a few tasteful pictures of you will bring in a deluge of visitors (mostly male, mostly drooling).

I think most people's recommendations so far are sensible, especially checking the statistics (eg keywords, demographics...) and tailoring content from that.

"Does anyone have any hints or tips with regards to pushing a website up the Google rankings? Ta

I am think putting a few tasteful pictures of you will bring in a deluge of visitors (mostly male, mostly drooling).

I think most people's recommendations so far are sensible, especially checking the statistics (eg keywords, demographics...) and tailoring content from that."

Unfortunately, it’s not appropriate for me to put my own photos on this website.

penryn

"Does anyone have any hints or tips with regards to pushing a website up the Google rankings? Ta

I think most people's recommendations so far are sensible, especially checking the statistics (eg keywords, demographics...) and tailoring content from that.

Unfortunately, it’s not appropriate for me to put my own photos on this website. "

Here wey aye brutal the length people will go like for a creep heavy heavy that

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

Keep updating things. Google notices the changes when they crawl websites. Also the more your domain is seen and used helps. Such as free advertising sites etc. Also offline ads in local media.

I think I'm right with this. It seems to be working for for me anyway.

Good luck.

penryn

Unfortunately, it’s not appropriate for me to put my own photos on this website.

Here wey aye brutal the length people will go like for a creep heavy heavy that "

It’s a conversation about growing her business not a creep on her. Well aye honestly have a day

"Keep updating things. Google notices the changes when they crawl websites. Also the more your domain is seen and used helps. Such as free advertising sites etc. Also offline ads in local media.

I think I'm right with this. It seems to be working for for me anyway.

Good luck. "

Thank you. I’m going to update it every day going forward and see if that helps

IPSWICH

Also try Google analytics app. It will give you detailed info on hits and usage etc.

"Also try Google analytics app. It will give you detailed info on hits and usage etc. "

Thank you

IPSWICH

"Also try Google analytics app. It will give you detailed info on hits and usage etc.

Thank you "

My pleasure.. I'm no expert though.

I need to get it moving and I’m going to take all of your tips on board. Thank you

So many helpful people on here

Good luck with it LG.

"So many helpful people on here

Good luck with it LG."

Very helpful! I’m very grateful

Thank you

By *airyChestedDaveMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Good luck with it OP

"Good luck with it OP "

Thank you

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I’ve got tonnes of key words, all images are tagged and I’ve got the sea package running from the domain provider.

Its getting there but would love it to move quicker "

Content alone won’t work , serps are dominated by authority sites or sites with very good page rank, it’s not webmaster days any more things have moved on this is big business . One thing I used to do for clients 5 years ago is submit press releases to PR web with a good inbound link , then use goodie add url and add the press release, then edit robots.txt so that google followed it . This doesn’t work anymore btw….There’s lots you can do but no one will tell you what works for free

"I’ve got tonnes of key words, all images are tagged and I’ve got the sea package running from the domain provider.

Content alone won’t work , serps are dominated by authority sites or sites with very good page rank, it’s not webmaster days any more things have moved on this is big business . One thing I used to do for clients 5 years ago is submit press releases to PR web with a good inbound link , then use goodie add url and add the press release, then edit robots.txt so that google followed it . This doesn’t work anymore btw….There’s lots you can do but no one will tell you what works for free "

That’s the problem, how do I know who is reputable to go to? Seems to be a lot of people in this area who are not so reputable

Dubai & Nottingham

Content alone won’t work , serps are dominated by authority sites or sites with very good page rank, it’s not webmaster days any more things have moved on this is big business . One thing I used to do for clients 5 years ago is submit press releases to PR web with a good inbound link , then use goodie add url and add the press release, then edit robots.txt so that google followed it . This doesn’t work anymore btw….There’s lots you can do but no one will tell you what works for free

That’s the problem, how do I know who is reputable to go to? Seems to be a lot of people in this area who are not so reputable "

There’s no easy wins, you need to have a plan do the ROI calculation and then spend money. In the past I’ve spend 30-50k on month on Adwords , if the ROI is solid it works no need for organic. Small business has wildly unrealistic expectations about search engine and social media marketing

By *atebanksMan  over a year ago

North London

Feel free to PM if you want some help. There are many factors that go into rankings as those have mentioned here, the latest google algorithm change is focused on something called Core Web Vitals. Run your website (homepage and a few others) through Google's Page Speed Insights and it will give you some suggestions.

Content is king, dont let anyone tell you different, but if you are competing with big brands then you will struggle unless you use paid advertising i.e PPC / social ads. Your content has to be unique and will gain rank when it's linked to.

Happy to help more if you need it.

"Feel free to PM if you want some help. There are many factors that go into rankings as those have mentioned here, the latest google algorithm change is focused on something called Core Web Vitals. Run your website (homepage and a few others) through Google's Page Speed Insights and it will give you some suggestions.

Content is king, dont let anyone tell you different, but if you are competing with big brands then you will struggle unless you use paid advertising i.e PPC / social ads. Your content has to be unique and will gain rank when it's linked to.

Happy to help more if you need it."

Any help you could give would be great and really appreciated

Register your website on "Google search", just Google it

If it's a local business with a premise definitely register it on "Google business" and add the location too

Then you need to optimize your head tags on your actual homepage, another Google for "meta tags SEO"

Will give very simple but effective examples for you to use

Also register with cloudflare and use them as your DNS, cloudflares caching will help optimise your website load times which will push you up the ranks quickly too

"Does anyone have any hints or tips with regards to pushing a website up the Google rankings? Ta "

As much as I hate to admit it, social media... NOT Facebook! Instagram and Twitter, even TikTok with the correct hashtags would see a massive increase in your traffic, possibly leading to people finding and leaving your google rankings

Dubai & Nottingham

As much as I hate to admit it, social media... NOT Facebook! Instagram and Twitter, even TikTok with the correct hashtags would see a massive increase in your traffic, possibly leading to people finding and leaving your google rankings "

Why do you hate to admit it? Social media marketing has been used effectively for two decades now , it’s really not new. Search engine marking also works, but to make a statement like above without knowing anything about the OPs site or SEM/SEO/SMM goals or target demographics is pretty typical of the companies who haven’t got a clue what they are doing

As much as I hate to admit it, social media... NOT Facebook! Instagram and Twitter, even TikTok with the correct hashtags would see a massive increase in your traffic, possibly leading to people finding and leaving your google rankings

Why do you hate to admit it? Social media marketing has been used effectively for two decades now , it’s really not new. Search engine marking also works, but to make a statement like above without knowing anything about the OPs site or SEM/SEO/SMM goals or target demographics is pretty typical of the companies who haven’t got a clue what they are doing

"

It’s a minefield!

Yes I do.

My only advise is don’t pay for anyone telling you they can get you in page 1 of Google.

All other things take research and a lot of hard work, the exact stuff that anyone who will charge you (and rightly so, as they learned the skill) will do. You can learn it and do it.

SEO is difficult, but not impossible.

And social media is a must.

"Yes I do.

My only advise is don’t pay for anyone telling you they can get you in page 1 of Google.

All other things take research and a lot of hard work, the exact stuff that anyone who will charge you (and rightly so, as they learned the skill) will do. You can learn it and do it.

SEO is difficult, but not impossible.

And social media is a must. "

Thank you

» Add a new message to this topic