FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you wish the check out staff a merry christmas?

Do you wish the check out staff a merry christmas?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I always do that every year and they say the same back. I just did it as I did the shopping, it feels good doing so, cos that is the kind of guy I am

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I did when I went shopping

I did, and I bought a box of chocolates for the lucky person that served me.

Always polite and courteous no matter what time of year it is..

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I wished the garage lady a Merry Christmas today

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I don’t speak to strangers

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Yes this morning. Was in store at 6am...checkout assistant told me she started at 5!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It depends sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. There are times when I'm not sure if the person celebrates Christian festivals so I'll say something like "happy holidays"

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I do. The self service checkout never says it back though, the rude arse.

I did today.

"I do. The self service checkout never says it back though, the rude arse. "

Unexpected Christmas greeting in the bagging area.

"I do. The self service checkout never says it back though, the rude arse.

Unexpected Christmas greeting in the bagging area."

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I do. The self service checkout never says it back though, the rude arse. "

The pound shop one did a year or two back. Imagine 10 busy checkouts constantly saying ho ho ho and various similar things. Was the most irritating 5 minutes of my life in that queue. The man working there looked like he was losing his mind.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

...and the delivery guys at this time of year ...they must be run ragged

Indeed I do. I like the smiles and best wishes back, just lovely

NBVN x

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No. I say I hope you have a nice weekend instead, not everyone likes Xmas for whatever reason

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I started saying it in November, got a few strange looks but they said it back

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Everyone in working in supermarkets from cleaners to managers deserve a thank you.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Lots said happy xmas to me today! Was soooo busy soon as those doors opened at 6! I finished at 8 bet it was choca by 10 x

If they are wearing something Christmas themed then yes I wish them a Merry Christmas, if not then I wish them Happy holidays.

I have friends and relations all over the world with different religions

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Of course and when not Christmas I wish them a good day

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Always.

I usually wish them a lovely day/evening, but all year round.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Costs nothing to make someone's day, by being friendly

Yes I do....

I was waiting for a while in the queue while the checkout lady spoke to the elderly gentleman for a while, she was attentive and they included me in their conversation. After a while he went away and she apologised for making me wait but went on to explain that he was widowed and lonely and only came into the store for the interaction.....he never saw people and had no family

It was quite humbling tbh and very moving. I realised then that checkout staff are crucial in people's lives, the backbone of the community in more ways than one.....it also made me think that our time is the greatest gift we can give someone.

I did write a letter to customer services with the lady's name along with a gift voucher for her....I feel that people deserve acknowledgement for and the recognition when they do go above and beyond.

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

No I don’t but I guess I should tho - just pisses me off when there are 5 empty tills and one till on and 27 people standing in a que - but guess it’s not the till person fault

I wish everyone Happy Christmas

This year I surprised my regular delivery driver with puppy snuggles. That's all the Christmas greetings anyone ever needs

"This year I surprised my regular delivery driver with puppy snuggles. That's all the Christmas greetings anyone ever needs "

Aww definitely lucky delivery driver

"This year I surprised my regular delivery driver with puppy snuggles. That's all the Christmas greetings anyone ever needs "

Omg puppyyyy

What kind??

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

I work on the phone & it is much appreciated even though I am a grinch. Its the thought that I appreciate

"Yes I do....

I was waiting for a while in the queue while the checkout lady spoke to the elderly gentleman for a while, she was attentive and they included me in their conversation. After a while he went away and she apologised for making me wait but went on to explain that he was widowed and lonely and only came into the store for the interaction.....he never saw people and had no family

It was quite humbling tbh and very moving. I realised then that checkout staff are crucial in people's lives, the backbone of the community in more ways than one.....it also made me think that our time is the greatest gift we can give someone.

I did write a letter to customer services with the lady's name along with a gift voucher for her....I feel that people deserve acknowledgement for and the recognition when they do go above and beyond."

That is humbling. And very very sad.

"Yes I do....

I did write a letter to customer services with the lady's name along with a gift voucher for her....I feel that people deserve acknowledgement for and the recognition when they do go above and beyond.

That is humbling. And very very sad."

Definitely, and I wondered how many people would of been impatient with the situation but you never know what people are going through and time is something we can all give a little of surely

"Yes I do....

Definitely, and I wondered how many people would of been impatient with the situation but you never know what people are going through and time is something we can all give a little of surely"

I'm ashamed to say I'm probably one of the "impatient".

I wouldn't normally reply to a post like yours. It maybe down to the fact that I'm at my mum's right now, and I haven't seen her in a while...

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"No. I say I hope you have a nice weekend instead, not everyone likes Xmas for whatever reason"

Yes, put my foot in it soooo many times over the years. I say, Merry Christmas if the suitation arrives. And "Birthday wishes" ect. I skirt around any issue, never say directly.

The first year we did seacrete Santa at work. The company told us the names we had. The day of opening, I was sat next to the person who got mine. I put a lot of effort in. She said under her breath to me. " what ever it is, it's going straight in the bin. I'm morman and don't celebrate Christmas". I wanted the floor to open up. So I avoid where ever I can now. I'm always polight to check out staff, as I was one for many years. Wishing them a good day ect. - fem.

Always! It is the hardest time of year for anyone working retail so I always try to show extra appreciation for their work. I would last a day behind a till at Christmas.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"Yes I do....

Definitely, and I wondered how many people would of been impatient with the situation but you never know what people are going through and time is something we can all give a little of surely"

Yes, in todays "cyber" world, its easy to forget that not everyone is contected and has human contact. In my early 40's I was a single mum, working from home. Some days, the only other human I got to speak to was the teacher at the school gate. Some times, I would have no adult interaction for a few days. Some may think its an inconvience, having to wait while someone "chats". But for that one person, it can mean the world.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"Always polite and courteous no matter what time of year it is..

"

This

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

As someone who works in a supermarket I really wish my customers were more like you guys. Let me say that we do appreciate a nice word and being treated like human beings. I'm back in at 7am on Boxing Day btw.

Yep I did yesterday and passed the purchase bonus points to next person in the queue (I don't use the store card). Spread the joy

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I'm a waitress, the people who wish me a Merry Christmas on their way out tend to be the children.

I write "wishing you a wonderful Christmas" on every bill and tell them I hope that have a good one as they're leaving, but it hits me in the feels when the kids wish me a merry Christmas first. I know they mean that shit.

By *illybeachboyMan  over a year ago

Guernsey

No - I loathe xmas & all the fakeness it brings

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"

No - I loathe xmas & all the fakeness it brings"

Me too, but just because I hate it doesn't mean I don't genuinely want other people to enjoy theirs, especially those who are working. People who are likely worrying if they'll earn enough money that shift to put gas in the meter or food on the table.

So, if you mean it, it ain't fake.

» Add a new message to this topic