FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornucopia OP   Man  over a year ago

Bexley

Yesterday (21st December) I visited the local Neolithic long barrow to celebrate the winter solstice. On the summer solstice I met an interesting woman there and we promised each other to meet up for the winter event.

To my surprise, there were probably more people visiting at midday yesterday than there were at sunrise at mid summer.

We chatted with a number of interesting people and even as I was about to leave the car park more arrived including two blokes who among other conversation told me about an oddity in the architecture of the nearby church which I then went to look at.

After that I repaired to Eureka for a relax in the jacuzzi.

Did anyone else honour the occasion?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innocentMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

"Yesterday (21st December) I visited the local Neolithic long barrow to celebrate the winter solstice. On the summer solstice I met an interesting woman there and we promised each other to meet up for the winter event.

To my surprise, there were probably more people visiting at midday yesterday than there were at sunrise at mid summer.

We chatted with a number of interesting people and even as I was about to leave the car park more arrived including two blokes who among other conversation told me about an oddity in the architecture of the nearby church which I then went to look at.

After that I repaired to Eureka for a relax in the jacuzzi.

Did anyone else honour the occasion?"

You seem like someone who would be good to watch and debate a few episodes of Time Team with :0)

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Yes. I spunked over a virgin or two…or so they said.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don’t mean to cause offence, but what is the purpose of marking such an occasion? I’ve never understood the trend for paganism rituals (any more than any other religion come to that). Genuinely curious.

Glad you enjoyed it regardless.

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Nice post, thank you. What was it like when Stonehenge was new?

With the ground cold and little farming to do, when better to have a festival? Better make sure that the sun is going to come back next year?

Wonder if there were extra births 9 months later following the winter festival.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"Don’t mean to cause offence, but what is the purpose of marking such an occasion? I’ve never understood the trend for paganism rituals (any more than any other religion come to that). Genuinely curious.

Glad you enjoyed it regardless. "

Like it or not you’re trapped on a rotating orb that wobbles on its axis. Some of us hate the fact we are nearer one pole which tilts back periodically causing less sunlight to fall upon us.

It’s a celebration that we’re halfway through the damn inconvenience.

By *akbearMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Did you manage to meet up with your lady friend?

Bexley

"Don’t mean to cause offence, but what is the purpose of marking such an occasion? I’ve never understood the trend for paganism rituals (any more than any other religion come to that). Genuinely curious.

Glad you enjoyed it regardless. "

Well, for a start, it cheers me up immensely to know that the daylight is going to start getting longer for the next six months!

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Sadly I worked, I was otherwise going to mark the occasion with a group of friends like we do most solstices. I love to celebrate the earth’s ways

Bexley

"Did you manage to meet up with your lady friend?"

Indeed, and she brought sandwiches and a flask of tea and crisps and hula hoops (the edible variety, thankfully)!

We have met in the interim to go for a walk exploring the site of a village deserted in the plague era and also visited a phenomenal nearby view point where many years ago I had enjoyed some al fresco hanky panky. The sort of place which does the petting for you.

» Add a new message to this topic