FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do I get blocked?

Why do I get blocked?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Even after 40/50 messages and agreeing to meet I got blocked. No reason other than they perhaps had cold feet, why not just say I've changed my mind? Then next time after loads of messages it happens again. It is kind of unprovoked blocking I don't understand the mentality, if someone is rude fair enough, absolutely fine but isn't saying I'm not interested kinder?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

It is kinder but the amount of abuse some people get, they just feel its easier to block.

It's also much easier.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

OP people block for all kinds of reasons.

It sounds like this has happened to you a few times so is it possible that maybe it's the way that you come across?

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Try not to worry about it, just smile and move on.

Sometimes it’s just the safest & easiest way without getting potential abuse back.

"Even after 40/50 messages and agreeing to meet I got blocked. No reason other than they perhaps had cold feet, why not just say I've changed my mind? Then next time after loads of messages it happens again. It is kind of unprovoked blocking I don't understand the mentality, if someone is rude fair enough, absolutely fine but isn't saying I'm not interested kinder?"

Happened to me once. Some people like the chase and after agreeing to meet they block as the fund over. Sometimes it’s a fake account or sometimes they’re just immature and rude. But nonetheless some out of the thousands are decent humans so Good luck and hope you find them

Reasons why I block are - someone has been rude to me or mentioned something really grim (so many guys talk about doggys (the animal) it’s gross). Or they message over and over and over. If the message has been read and there’s no response, that’s a response in itself. A lot of people on here get literally hundreds of messages and don’t have the time to say a polite no Thankyou to everyone who turns up in their inbox. But if they’re sending repeated copy and paste messages, it’s an insta-block from me!

Can only speak about what I do, everyone’s got their own rules I guess! Best of luck

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

You could be talking to men using women's profiles.

I don't get into sex chat because men tend to bolt once they blew their load.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Be pleased you aren't sitting in a pub waiting to meet and they never turn up. At least you get blocked before hand. Not saying it's nice, but still better than being stood up

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

some people are only here for the thrill of the chase...

when a meet is arranged it's over for them because if they proceed, they suddenly have to be real and that might not be as they led you to believe for whatever reason(s) there might be

don't take it personally, says more about them than it does about you

good luck finding somebody cool x

[Removed by poster at 21/12/21 03:30:38]

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

Don't let it bother you (I get it's hard) but people can just be odd. Don't let it damnpen your spirits

I agree with the person above me . Don't worry about it whats the big deal. It's their loss at the end of the day m8 .raise your standards high and don't just let anyone upset you

Be happy someone did contact you - no matter if they were male/female sending fake or real pics of themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't speak or meet anyone without pics on their profile.

Good luck OP

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I can't say why they blocked you op, could be they didn't think it was going anywhere and blocking is easier (due to abuse) than saying they've changed their minds.

It would drive you mad if you dewll on what people do/say on here.

Miss

It’s rude, I agree. And cowardly to boot.

After seeing some of the levels of abuse sent the way of some women who have said ‘not for me’, I can certainly see why they choose to just block someone if a chat is going nowhere. Whether one thinks it’s right or wrong of them to just do so is largely irrelevant given that they’ll do it if they feel it’s appropriate for them. You’re best of not analysing why they’d choose to do so, your stress levels go up, and your fab experience goes downhill. Focus on the positives and put your energy into your next interactions.

Reasons why I block people are;

1) people not reading our profile,

2) people being rude / aggressive,

3) people constantly messaging for the sake of it (and trying to force a boring conversation),

4) copy and paste messages,

"You could be talking to men using women's profiles.

I don't get into sex chat because men tend to bolt once they blew their load."

He had a wank. Job done. Blocked.

Delete your messages after sending. The people who stick around will message back and the people who don't will disappear without knowledge. Win win.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Even after 40/50 messages and agreeing to meet I got blocked."

40+ messages seems excessive to me. In my experience, the higher the message count then the more likely that the person I am talking to is not going to meet.

I would assume that you are talking to a guy who is just getting his thrills by stringing you along.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It used to say on my profile that I DON'T CHAT ON THE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

Ping pong messages are not for me. There are far more advanced methods of communications for 'grown ups' ....

I'd have spooned my eyeballs out with a melon spoon well before 40 or 50 messages. Were you discussing wallpaper or carpet patterns ?

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Smile and nod, smile and nod

"Even after 40/50 messages and agreeing to meet I got blocked. No reason other than they perhaps had cold feet, why not just say I've changed my mind? Then next time after loads of messages it happens again. It is kind of unprovoked blocking I don't understand the mentality, if someone is rude fair enough, absolutely fine but isn't saying I'm not interested kinder?"

So 40 or 50 messages, it's happened a few times you say ?

Can I ask is it mainly sex chat ?

I block if I think someone has treated me disrespectfully. So that could be messaging me without reading my profile, sending me an unpleasant pic or just being pushy or unpleasant in a chat. It’s harsh to block instead of cancelling plans though.

Have to say though OP if this is happening to you repeatedly it’s probably something you’re doing to cause it.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Don’t worry about it, I’m sure everyone’s been blocked by somebody for the strangest of reasons, we got blocked the other day because of a comment I put on this forum which was ‘closing the stable door’ said person sent us an abusive personal message then blocked so couldn’t reply hey ho

» Add a new message to this topic