FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have yourself a merry stress free Christmas

Have yourself a merry stress free Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My Dear friends Fabbers and Forumites.

Well this time next week, living room floors will be covered in wrapping paper , sprouts will be boiling away and santa will be having be checking into rehab after all that sherry

Christmas can be a stressful and lonely tine for so many.

So what are your tips for a simple , relaxing , stress free christmas

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Prepare the food the night before.

Have a caddy to hand with scissors, batteries, mini screwdrivers, pens etc.

Stay hydrated.

Remove breakable items the night before - we know kids will forget about those ornaments!

Don't worry!

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

To be honest I do not have any tips for stress free Xmas. As for the the last 20yrs or so I have not celebrated it. My partner and myself are normally working all thru Xmas 12hr shifts. But I do hope all you fabbers have a great time

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My tips are

Just remember what and who is important that counts .

Be nice to shop workers

Remember to be kind to yourself

I'm a massive stressball every Xmas and I'm determined not to be this year. I don't have tips to share as I'm not very good at it yet ha, but I've signed up to a meditation workshop tomorrow.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Remember what's important, who is important and why.

Try and not feel like you have to be anything or do anything other than what you want to in order to celebrate it - if that involves a 5 course meal or a Chinese takeaway, you're still winning.

I'm feeling stress just now but that's the pressure I put on myself. Will buy gifts when I get paid on Wednesday. My boys finally now know what they want! Wrap and deliver after work Thursdsy /Friday. I'm doing Turkey in the slow cooker and the kids and I will spend Xmas in our new pj's (so far the only gift I've bought)

Start drinking as soon as you wake up start with a little bucks fizz and work your way up to a mug of port by lunch, you will sleep the day away.

Also

Get people to open one gift at a time then pass the paper to you, screw it up into a tiny ball and put it in a bin bag before the next gift gets opened (I hate the mess and i'm a party pooper)

Also keep condensing the buffet so you can keep ontol of the washing up

» Add a new message to this topic