FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So what makes you....

So what makes you....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Emotional at this time of year?

Can be anything small or big, stupid or not...

I get Emotional at hearing the Christmas songs when driving around in the car thinking of loved ones past and present...

I get Emotional on the wards on Christmas day thinking how lucky some of us are to be at home and well at Christmas or anytime.

I get Emotional going onto the children's ward and watching them open there present and I love being there while they do it.

I get Emotional wishing the new year in.

I get Emotional just for making it through another year..

Christmas films putting decorations up

I'm a bloody physical wreck really ..

Come on guys, what brings a tear to your eye xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ausage1970Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

When I think of those less fortunate and every year I pledge to do more.

The joy of giving makes me emotional and realising a new year has started and I'm excited as to what we will create!!

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Thats a toughie really. I have my kids on Xmas day so that's normally my happy time but boxing day can be tough as they go to their mum's after so I'm left alone. It does get a bit emotional and the realisation I'm actually alone but I go running to cheer me up as no one else is about, I get the lake all to myself. Just me, my legs and my headphones lol sad I know haha

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I get emotional over my parents not being around anymore especially my mum as she loved Christmas last few weeks have been emotional especially hearing about the deaths of those 2 young children as a dad it's hurts me inside knowing those innocent children died without any love

New years eve, I hate it.

"Emotional at this time of year?

I get Emotional at hearing the Christmas songs when driving around in the car thinking of loved ones past and present...

I get Emotional on the wards on Christmas day thinking how lucky some of us are to be at home and well at Christmas or anytime.

I get Emotional going onto the children's ward and watching them open there present and I love being there while they do it.

Come on guys, what brings a tear to your eye xxx"

I’m not too bad usually….an Xmas romcom can set me off

However, I recently visited an orphanage in Poland and there were children aged 3 - 12 there and seeing them accept the smallest of gifts….a colouring book and pencils absolutely melted my heart to the point I had at least 5 of the littlest ones give me a hug

By *ennysouthMan  over a year ago

Coventry

The Masterchef final when one of the chef's left clingfilm in his final meal.

Two years ago my two elder sons had a falling out and haven't spoken to or seen each other since, our last family photo was three years ago Christmas Eve, that makes me emotional not knowing when or if I will ever see them in the same room as each other.

Other than that, listening to away in a manger by child's choirs gets me going as it reminds me of the Christingle service we used to have at my son's school and all the kids would go into the church and the lights would be dimmed and all you can see is candle light, that was magical.

Danish x

Being single & alone at Xmas - I think I have one of my sons & his partner over on boxing though this year

NYE

"When I think of those less fortunate and every year I pledge to do more.

The joy of giving makes me emotional and realising a new year has started and I'm excited as to what we will create!! "

"New years eve, I hate it. "

Agreed.

I don't even know why.

When I hear Auld Lang Syne I get a horrible depressing feeling .

"Thats a toughie really. I have my kids on Xmas day so that's normally my happy time but boxing day can be tough as they go to their mum's after so I'm left alone. It does get a bit emotional and the realisation I'm actually alone but I go running to cheer me up as no one else is about, I get the lake all to myself. Just me, my legs and my headphones lol sad I know haha"

"New years eve, I hate it. "

Ditto

"I get emotional over my parents not being around anymore especially my mum as she loved Christmas last few weeks have been emotional especially hearing about the deaths of those 2 young children as a dad it's hurts me inside knowing those innocent children died without any love "

"Emotional at this time of year?

Come on guys, what brings a tear to your eye xxx

I’m not too bad usually….an Xmas romcom can set me off

However, I recently visited an orphanage in Poland and there were children aged 3 - 12 there and seeing them accept the smallest of gifts….a colouring book and pencils absolutely melted my heart to the point I had at least 5 of the littlest ones give me a hug "

Oh how lovely

"The Masterchef final when one of the chef's left clingfilm in his final meal. "

On noooooo

There’s always a void in your life when you lose people, but with Christmas being such an important time for family, the void seems to amplify. I’m feeling more emotional this year though, it’s my first Christmas in Warrington and the first Christmas I have spent the build up on my own.

I’m not even an emotional person but I have found it tough. Luckily my two have now finished university for Christmas so the family time will definitely lift the spirits.

"Two years ago my two elder sons had a falling out and haven't spoken to or seen each other since, our last family photo was three years ago Christmas Eve, that makes me emotional not knowing when or if I will ever see them in the same room as each other.

Other than that, listening to away in a manger by child's choirs gets me going as it reminds me of the Christingle service we used to have at my son's school and all the kids would go into the church and the lights would be dimmed and all you can see is candle light, that was magical.

Danish x"

Pretty much anything can set me off.

I'm full of hurt and self pity (today especially)

However I usually try hard to not let others see that, especially my sons. I put on a happy face and do my best to make Christmas the day they all deserve

"New years eve, I hate it.

Agreed.

I don't even know why.

When I hear Auld Lang Syne I get a horrible depressing feeling ."

Thinking of the year ahead probably?

"There’s always a void in your life when you lose people, but with Christmas being such an important time for family, the void seems to amplify. I’m feeling more emotional this year though, it’s my first Christmas in Warrington and the first Christmas I have spent the build up on my own.

I’m not even an emotional person but I have found it tough. Luckily my two have now finished university for Christmas so the family time will definitely lift the spirits."

"Pretty much anything can set me off.

I'm full of hurt and self pity (today especially)

However I usually try hard to not let others see that, especially my sons. I put on a happy face and do my best to make Christmas the day they all deserve "

Big hugs xxx

Agreed.

I don't even know why.

Thinking of the year ahead probably?"

Yeh , but I've nothing to be unhappy about really. It's an odd feeling I get around Christmas.

Can't explain it really. Best to numb it with alcohol, Die Hard and and mince pies.

My bank balance.

Seriously though. I'm no more emotional this time of year than any other which could be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. I gave up on New Year's resolutions and the idea of "new beginnings" at New Year a long time ago. That helped a bit with the self imposed pressure to make things better.

Still wish the kids were little though and been known to bubble watching videos of their first few Xmases.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

When I think of my Dad. The last Christmas I spent with him, he had just been diagnosed with cancer and I vividly remember him sitting in the chair cuddling my 3 week old baby boy. Sadly that was my Dad's last Christmas. Christmas Day has never been the same since. I miss him so, so much.

Another is looking at my now teenage son and remembering how he stood on the stage at the school nativity when he was 7 yrs old and sang a solo. I was so proud and I just sat and sobbed, the emotions I was feeling were hugely overwhelming.

I actually struggle emotionally at Christmas.

Evie

Watching the online vid of my youngest in his first nativity it got cancelled due to covid last year and this year covid meant we couldn't go and watch him

Agreed.

I don't even know why.

Thinking of the year ahead probably?

Yeh , but I've nothing to be unhappy about really. It's an odd feeling I get around Christmas.

Can't explain it really. Best to numb it with alcohol, Die Hard and and mince pies.

"

Oh that's the perfect combination!

Certain songs get me, the ones that remind me of Christmas as a child. They bring back wonderful memories but also leave a void where loved ones are missing. Especially my dad, this will be our third Christmas without him, he'll be remembered on the day as he is every day but it's not the same.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Anything involving dogs - happy or sad.

They're such innocent, loving loyal creatures.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Putting wreaths at my dads graveside and wishing he was still here.

When I loose a game of golf because its muddy, even though we all played in the same conditions

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Unfortunately I have absolutely no sentimental values during the festive period.

I detest this time of year with a passion.

It ruins peoples lives.

Financially cripples families.

It is one of the biggest causes of

Relationship separations.

So many people are hungry and in poverty in our own country and as a nation we do not care, spending thousands on more plastic landfill.

Using up what little fossil resources we have left.

Killing the planet a little more each year worshipping a man in a red suit developed by the corporation's to sell you more stuff and celibrating the fictional birth of a person in a book which was written by men for men to have upper hand.

"Unfortunately I have absolutely no sentimental values during the festive period.

I detest this time of year with a passion.

It ruins peoples lives.

Financially cripples families.

It is one of the biggest causes of

Relationship separations.

So many people are hungry and in poverty in our own country and as a nation we do not care, spending thousands on more plastic landfill.

Using up what little fossil resources we have left.

Killing the planet a little more each year worshipping a man in a red suit developed by the corporation's to sell you more stuff and celibrating the fictional birth of a person in a book which was written by men for men to have upper hand.

"

. Absolute fact, well done you.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

The recent death of a family member will make it hard for all of us this year.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I was looking forward to Christmas for over a month. I thought I will have a week and a half off, can finally relax and recharge my batteries, have some time to catch up with friends, and enjoy Christmas with Lorenzo's family.

I tested positive for Covid yesterday, so now I have to self isolate in a spare room in our house to try and save Christmas. I can't hug him or sleep in the same room because if he tested positive now he would be in self isolation over Christmas.

So I'm just lying here, sobbing and feeling sorry for myself

K

Babies/children that don't experience the magic or the love others do.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Thinking about the loved ones I've lost and past Christmases with them.

Also I work with people who may be having their last Christmas, so that makes me sad and grateful at the same time.

Miss

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Getting visited by those three ghosts every Xmas Eve...you think they would have given up by now...

Oh golly i blub at the silliest wonderful things .

"I was looking forward to Christmas for over a month. I thought I will have a week and a half off, can finally relax and recharge my batteries, have some time to catch up with friends, and enjoy Christmas with Lorenzo's family.

I tested positive for Covid yesterday, so now I have to self isolate in a spare room in our house to try and save Christmas. I can't hug him or sleep in the same room because if he tested positive now he would be in self isolation over Christmas.

K"

sending hugs

"When I think of my Dad. The last Christmas I spent with him, he had just been diagnosed with cancer and I vividly remember him sitting in the chair cuddling my 3 week old baby boy. Sadly that was my Dad's last Christmas. Christmas Day has never been the same since. I miss him so, so much.

Another is looking at my now teenage son and remembering how he stood on the stage at the school nativity when he was 7 yrs old and sang a solo. I was so proud and I just sat and sobbed, the emotions I was feeling were hugely overwhelming.

I actually struggle emotionally at Christmas.

Evie

"

"Certain songs get me, the ones that remind me of Christmas as a child. They bring back wonderful memories but also leave a void where loved ones are missing. Especially my dad, this will be our third Christmas without him, he'll be remembered on the day as he is every day but it's not the same. "

It's certainly is never the same

"Putting wreaths at my dads graveside and wishing he was still here."

"The recent death of a family member will make it hard for all of us this year."

"I was looking forward to Christmas for over a month. I thought I will have a week and a half off, can finally relax and recharge my batteries, have some time to catch up with friends, and enjoy Christmas with Lorenzo's family.

K"

Oh nooooo....Sending virtual hugs..

"Babies/children that don't experience the magic or the love others do."

Definitely..

"Thinking about the loved ones I've lost and past Christmases with them.

Also I work with people who may be having their last Christmas, so that makes me sad and grateful at the same time.

Miss"

Yeah me too. Very sad xx

"Oh golly i blub at the silliest wonderful things .

"

And why not

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Tomoz the 19th for me is nostalgic as my dad passed 26 years ago tomoz! Where have those years gone? x

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Going to my sister's and my mum not being there.

Thinking of my dad, and how he loved Christmas.

By *uffolksubWoman  over a year ago

Brandon

"The Masterchef final when one of the chef's left clingfilm in his final meal. "

God, I felt so bad for him

"Tomoz the 19th for me is nostalgic as my dad passed 26 years ago tomoz! Where have those years gone? x"

My dad's is also tomorrow.. 15yrs..Ridiculous where the years go...Sending hugs.

"Going to my sister's and my mum not being there.

Thinking of my dad, and how he loved Christmas. "

x

By *enuine MikeMan  over a year ago

Guildford

I get emotional thinking about and not being with my ex girlfriend. Its particularly difficult especially this time of the year.

It sucks and feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

Thats my heartache

Used to love Christmas and spending time with my family, especially the children. Since losing my dad 5 years ago in the run up to Christmas I’ve felt very different. I become very sad and irritable as Christmas without him approaches. The day itself, surrounded by family, is joyous though, except for last year in isolation which I treated as just another day of the year. Hopefully we all get to see our families this year.

Thinking of Christmas with the loves ones, now just on my own

» Add a new message to this topic