FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tinder vs Fab

Tinder vs Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious do you have more meets on fab or tinder?

This will probably mostly apply to singles and not those who are a couple.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a couple we use FS.

We also play separately and like to use a different platform for that.

Ruth gets lots of meets from the Badoo dating app.

Shaz gets his from bumble.

Neither of us likes Tinder.

Is it daft to think dating sites should be for actual dating, and sites like FS or other hook up sites used for that.

I know people use sites how ever the heck they like. It used to annoy me no end, when i joined certain sites with a view to finding a meaningful relationship, 2/3 of the blokes on there just wanted a quick shag. Giving it all the talk about wanting to settle down but really just wanting a leg over.

I feel like FS is better site as you know its about a lifestyle where sex plays a large part. I had more meets on fab than tinder.

"Is it daft to think dating sites should be for actual dating, and sites like FS or other hook up sites used for that.

I know people use sites how ever the heck they like. It used to annoy me no end, when i joined certain sites with a view to finding a meaningful relationship, 2/3 of the blokes on there just wanted a quick shag. Giving it all the talk about wanting to settle down but really just wanting a leg over.

I feel like FS is better site as you know its about a lifestyle where sex plays a large part. I had more meets on fab than tinder. "

You can usually state your intentions on your profile setup.We both make it clear what we are looking for but yes we take your point . Men who state they want a relationship when the only relationship they are interested in is the one between their cock and your pussy .

By *heMightySpud69Man  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Definately get more interest on tinder, but there's a lot more women on there. Rarely get even a swipe on bumble or badoo

None of it works for me!

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

No joy on Tinder.

Reasonable success on here

Tinder

What are you look for

Ooo I want a realship I not looking for a one night thing bl bl bl ok let’s go on a date

Give up the goods ghosted

Fab

I just want to fuck you

At least fab cuts though the bs I know exactly whare I stand

One of my only issues with this site is because it is so taboo that people don't show face pics. So you're most times winking, messaging someone who might have a lovely body but then you see their face and you're not interested. I feel horrible at that point because I've shown interest in them and then to say, sorry you're not my type.

For me that's why I prefer tinder and yea I get it fab is more straight to the point but I still feel there are lots more time wasters here than on tinder tbh.

By *ugsly95Man  over a year ago

Ashbourne

I personally find both sites as painful as each other atm

"One of my only issues with this site is because it is so taboo that people don't show face pics. So you're most times winking, messaging someone who might have a lovely body but then you see their face and you're not interested. I feel horrible at that point because I've shown interest in them and then to say, sorry you're not my type.

For me that's why I prefer tinder and yea I get it fab is more straight to the point but I still feel there are lots more time wasters here than on tinder tbh. "

Im the other way around, my face is just about bearable but my body is bloody awful haha. I'm the only one in the chat room that only shows chest upwarda I think

Im sure if your a guy pretty much any dating site is a painful demoralising experience

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Fab. Spent about a year and a half on Tinder/ Bumble and didn't manage a single date

LvM

By *heonix_flamesWoman  over a year ago

Midlands

"

Im the other way around, my face is just about bearable but my body is bloody awful haha. I'm the only one in the chat room that only shows chest upwarda I think "

I’m the same. Got no interest on dating sites as I’m big, but get a fair few messages on here. My only issue with this is that I think most guys messaging me aren’t even attracted to me, just see me as a hole to fuck.

By *lasphemouscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Never tried tinder but then we are after more than a f**k, we're looking to build connections with like minded people.

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

I'm as successful on dating sites as here.

He said posting at 10:28 on a Friday night.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Never used Tinder. Isn't that more of a dating site?

My husband has more luck on Badoo than on here. I have no luck anywhere...but that's a me problem

By *otBunsHunWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

My first regular hook ups came from pof.

Had the opportunity for plenty of hook ups on Tinder but I was looking for a relationship. Found that on here instead

"

Im the other way around, my face is just about bearable but my body is bloody awful haha. I'm the only one in the chat room that only shows chest upwarda I think

I’m the same. Got no interest on dating sites as I’m big, but get a fair few messages on here. My only issue with this is that I think most guys messaging me aren’t even attracted to me, just see me as a hole to fuck. "

I'm sure you're gorgeous, but I know exactly what you mean, it feels like because of the ratio of men to women on here, men probably lower their standards, once they've finished they probably wouldn't look twice at me again. Thats what it feels like anyway, I mean i'm not looking for a bloody relationship on here but staying mates after would be nice, even just for the odd catchup every now and again, I hate feeling used.

By *Whiskey Guy 2.0Man  over a year ago

Ballynaughty

"My husband has more luck on Badoo than on here. I have no luck anywhere...but that's a me problem "

If I live near your, I'll have you

Many meets off chatlines tbh.

Fairly a newbie on Fs since April 2021.

Renewal up in Feb...

By *sm01Man  over a year ago

wisbech

It seems that all the woman are lesbian or got there noses up there are in fabswingers

"It seems that all the woman are lesbian or got there noses up there are in fabswingers "

Noses up where?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"It seems that all the woman are lesbian or got there noses up there are in fabswingers

Noses up where? "

Mind boggles

Pof xx

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

tinder by far for me.

I'm straightforward in my profile about what I'm looking for and my pics tell a story as well.

I like that you can only message people with whom you've matched.

I don’t have tinder anymore but I met way more women on it I think it’s easier to talk to women when they don’t have naked pics up more down to earth on there here they get so much attention I feel like it gets to there head just my opinion

Midlands

"

I’m the same. Got no interest on dating sites as I’m big, but get a fair few messages on here. My only issue with this is that I think most guys messaging me aren’t even attracted to me, just see me as a hole to fuck.

I'm sure you're gorgeous, but I know exactly what you mean, it feels like because of the ratio of men to women on here, men probably lower their standards, once they've finished they probably wouldn't look twice at me again. Thats what it feels like anyway, I mean i'm not looking for a bloody relationship on here but staying mates after would be nice, even just for the odd catchup every now and again, I hate feeling used. "

Exactly!

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"Im sure if your a guy pretty much any dating site is a painful demoralising experience "

Yep. I’d agree with that!

Probably 50/50…had more fab meets when I lived in Leeds , had more tinder while living in London .

Not a fan of tinder though have had a few meets from Badoo and plenty of fish

I’m equally unsuccessful on both lol

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I've had more meets and socials than I ever had on tinder. I don't think I've ever met anyone on tinder. I don't even think anyone talks on tinder lol

I get no where on tinder or Bumble. I've come to the conclusion I'm not pretty enough.

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

I’ve had no luck on any of the dating sites or fab

Starting to think am undatable or am so repulsive can’t even get nsa fun on fab or tinder.

Any help or stuff be a help as I’m starting thing no one will ever want me in any way again

"I get no where on tinder or Bumble. I've come to the conclusion I'm not pretty enough.

"

Your pics look absolutely fine to me maybe being a little hard on yourself x

By *topthepressMan  over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Why bother using these sites what's wrong with going out as a couple or single and meet in pubs and clubs always worked in the past and still works for us

"Why bother using these sites what's wrong with going out as a couple or single and meet in pubs and clubs always worked in the past and still works for us"

While I would much prefer to meet someone that way, I don't ever get approached on a night out and I don't have the confidence to chat someone else up.

Also nights out with friends are about being with them and having fun with them. Family, work and the last two years have made them so rare. It's more important to just focus on them

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Why bother using these sites what's wrong with going out as a couple or single and meet in pubs and clubs always worked in the past and still works for us"

Some may be shy to talk to strangers, I know I am. Besides, this way I get to chat before meeting n person especially if you have things in common. Be a talking point then

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

Used bumble and tinder in the past and found both a waste of time and effort.

Ideally I would like to have a relationship with someone in this lifestyle, until I find that person, it would be nice to enjoy a regular male fwb

By *aldguy1973Man  over a year ago

huntingdon

I get a few dates on Badoo. The problem seems to be that some peoples behaviour on these sites is so awful(mainly men) that most women are put off very quickly .

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Im sure if your a guy pretty much any dating site is a painful demoralising experience "

Trust me it’s the same for women

You think my hilariously tongue in cheek but scathing profile wasn’t born out of experience?

By *itnakedladMan  over a year ago

London Bridge

I’ve had far more luck on tinder than here

"My husband has more luck on Badoo than on here. I have no luck anywhere...but that's a me problem "

Come on its Christmas! You have to be believe to receive! I think there's many givers wanting to give to you

"Why bother using these sites what's wrong with going out as a couple or single and meet in pubs and clubs always worked in the past and still works for us

While I would much prefer to meet someone that way, I don't ever get approached on a night out and I don't have the confidence to chat someone else up.

Also nights out with friends are about being with them and having fun with them. Family, work and the last two years have made them so rare. It's more important to just focus on them"

This

I hoped that dating site would have in breaking the ice , remove the lack of confidence and get the initial match once filters and interests are aligned.

Been on & off sites for a few years and never had anything meaningful .

A bunch of us singlies had a watsapp group called ‘myfaceismybiggestproblem’ though none of us are mingers !!

"Why bother using these sites what's wrong with going out as a couple or single and meet in pubs and clubs always worked in the past and still works for us

Also nights out with friends are about being with them and having fun with them. Family, work and the last two years have made them so rare. It's more important to just focus on them

This

I hoped that dating site would have in breaking the ice , remove the lack of confidence and get the initial match once filters and interests are aligned.

A bunch of us singlies had a watsapp group called ‘myfaceismybiggestproblem’ though none of us are mingers !!"

That sounds like the place for me ha ha

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I had zero success on bumble or hinge. I just found guys wanted a hook up, especially if you discussed swinging, seemed to be they then though it meant you were an easy lay or didn’t want to see past the part about me been a sole parent. Deleted them and never delving again. Just sticking with fab

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We'd class T1nder as a non swingers platform.

I am on Tinder as Chloe. Not much luck really. Thinnk my prrofile has beeen hidden due to inactivity

And if do get swipoed by a girl its usually followed with "Im not into Trans, but we can be friends" Makes me feel like im something for them to collect like a gay friend or dog for a handbag tbh

Thats mostly been my experience

This

A bunch of us singlies had a watsapp group called ‘myfaceismybiggestproblem’ though none of us are mingers !!

That sounds like the place for me ha ha "

You’re over qualified

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

More women have made first initial contact on tinder. Different type of sites though so cannot really compare.

I've had tons of one night stands off Tinder. But FS is better for anything else xx

By *issYeuxBleusWoman  over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

Here for the forums and friend making. I do like the chats I have here.

Tinder for meeting people. Much more successful for me. Plus nobody can message until you match, and you see a faces straight away! So much better.

The people I match with tend to be here too.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Tinder

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

These days I’d prefer a relationship than just one off meets, but are Fab relationships cursed?

_tripper9

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

If I want a hookup I'll turn to a hookup site - very easy to find what I want there.

If I'm looking to date I'll sign up to a dating site. Doesn't happen very often because I'm not suited to relationships, but when I sign up I can usually find enough dates to get the urge out of my system for a few years.

I'm not using fab as a hookup or dating site, so I use this very differently because I'm looking for different things on here.

Both painful, some luck on tinder, no luck on Fab.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

For single guys tinder is far better than fabs because woman have to engage on it to participate

That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I have never even considered using Tinder.

"For single guys tinder is far better than fabs because woman have to engage on it to participate

That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages "

Very true indeed

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Dudley

Never been on any other but fab but recently thought of giving them a go as I'd like a relationship.

Am I likely to be banished from the forums for speaking of such taboo...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages

Very true indeed"

Is it? Women engage perfectly well on here.

Many men on the other hand, think sending a crap message and cock pic to all and sundry is 'engaging' when it so is not.

w

"That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages

Very true indeed

Many men on the other hand, think sending a crap message and cock pic to all and sundry is 'engaging' when it so is not."

Very few women do. On tinder all women do, since swiping is the equivalent of sending an “I’m interested” message

By *entbi99Man  over a year ago

Streatham

You're absolutely gorgeous

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I think I tend to have more meets from fab, since people are honest about their intentions from the start.

By *1c4yMan  over a year ago

stourbridge

"Just curious do you have more meets on fab or tinder?

This will probably mostly apply to singles and not those who are a couple. "

For most single males you would probably have as many meets on pink Cupid .com than fab.

w

For most single males you would probably have as many meets on pink Cupid .com than fab. "

Lots of guys say POF is good but I always found it was just full of single mums. Maybe if that’s what your into but can honestly say I only ever got 2 dates out of POF while tinder I’ve had over 150 meets and a handful of relationships from it

Very true indeed

Many men on the other hand, think sending a crap message and cock pic to all and sundry is 'engaging' when it so is not."

Lol I disagree I have sent very polite messages and they've been ignored either unread or read and not replied to, it's cool I just keep it moving honestly. I'll either send an introduction message or reply to a status and even sometimes here on games on the forum, my messages get ignored lol.

And while I get that women get tons of messages, there are still guys out there who send respectful messages and get ignored so I don't really place a lot of weight when women say they'll only reply to nice messages etc, I always say this women reply to who they fancy, if they fancy you, as a guy you can get away with a lousy opening message.

For most single males you would probably have as many meets on pink Cupid .com than fab.

Lots of guys say POF is good but I always found it was just full of single mums. Maybe if that’s what your into but can honestly say I only ever got 2 dates out of POF while tinder I’ve had over 150 meets and a handful of relationships from it "

I couldn't access PoF and some apps in the UK because I bought my phones back home and my Google account links back toy country unfortunately.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Lots of guys say POF is good but I always found it was just full of single mums. Maybe if that’s what your into but can honestly say I only ever got 2 dates out of POF while tinder I’ve had over 150 meets and a handful of relationships from it "

What’s wrong with single mums?

Lots of guys say POF is good but I always found it was just full of single mums. Maybe if that’s what your into but can honestly say I only ever got 2 dates out of POF while tinder I’ve had over 150 meets and a handful of relationships from it

What’s wrong with single mums? "

Absolutely nothing is wrong with single mums….but again it goes down to the fact of preference….some guys can’t handle that women come with children….it’s a silly preference if you ask me….but everyone is entitled to their own!

Sheffield

"

Exactly, also, some of us are actually sole parents and raising children alone through no choice or fault of our own. X

w

Who says something was wrong with them? I just don’t date them and found POF to be mostly them

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Much more interest on FAB.

Only had one date from Tinder in 2 years of being on it.

What I've noticed with Tinder is that it is full of people that want a one night stand, or a long term relationship / marriage. Neither are what I'm looking for.

FAB on the other hand offers me the chance to find people who want a connection and more than a one night stand, but not a relationship. That's what I've looked for and found.

Warwick

"For single guys tinder is far better than fabs because woman have to engage on it to participate

That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages "

Sending 100s of messages?

See that is what you are doing wrong. Don't just send out junk mail to every woman on the site that you fancy, actually read the profiles, and try to gauge if you may actually interest them, then send a meaningful message to them.

In the 2 years I've been here I doubt I've sent anywhere near 100 first messages, and my response rate is probably about 80%

If you just want a quick no questions asked fuck, Tinder probably is easier.

w

That’s not true on here, so you can waste a lot of time on here sending 100s of unopened messages

See that is what you are doing wrong. Don't just send out junk mail to every woman on the site that you fancy, actually read the profiles, and try to gauge if you may actually interest them, then send a meaningful message to them.

In the 2 years I've been here I doubt I've sent anywhere near 100 first messages, and my response rate is probably about 80%

If you just want a quick no questions asked fuck, Tinder probably is easier."

I think your the only one then.

Most guys here can absolutely relate to anything we send, whether we read the profile and spend hours crafting a message, the majority of it goes unopened

A guy above said it best. If they fancy you, they’ll message.

Maybe you just got incredibly lucky that 80% of the people you messaged on here fancier you. And weirdly enough, no one on tinder fancied. Seems strange to me.

But tinder is better because both people have to participate by swiping 1st. So instead of crafting messages that go unopened or ignored, your at least sending messages to someone that’s already given you the ok

That’s my opinion anyways, and exactly how it’s turned out in real life too

Who says something was wrong with them? I just don’t date them and found POF to be mostly them "

Fair enough but you’ve worded it as though there is. ‘Pof is good but I always found it was just full of single mums’

w

Who says something was wrong with them? I just don’t date them and found POF to be mostly them

Fair enough but you’ve worded it as though there is. ‘Pof is good but I always found it was just full of single mums’ "

Sounds more like you just placed a negative on it in your head

I thought “ Maybe if that’s what your into” made it clear that it’s not what I’m into

"

Exactly, also, some of us are actually sole parents and raising children alone through no choice or fault of our own. X"

Same here lovely. When your husband dies, not much you can do about being a single mum.

When I’ve been on dating sites before Ive seen a lot of profiles that say ‘I’ve got no baggage’

I always had my profile set to say my children aren’t baggage, they rock.

Sheffield

"

Exactly, also, some of us are actually sole parents and raising children alone through no choice or fault of our own. X

Same here lovely. When your husband dies, not much you can do about being a single mum.

When I’ve been on dating sites before Ive seen a lot of profiles that say ‘I’ve got no baggage’

I always had my profile set to say my children aren’t baggage, they rock. "

Well you rock yes I’ve seen a lot of that too. That’s fair enough if others don’t have children, but they certainly aren’t baggage. X

- “I think your the only one then.”

I personally don’t think so, I think there are quite a few men myself included similar to him. I think it all depends on what you are after, and how you go about it. I think here one of the big comparisons is you can make friendships and connections then take it from there. All my friends/meets have been pretty much off the forum finding mutual interests "

Fair enough but you’ve worded it as though there is. ‘Pof is good but I always found it was just full of single mums’

I thought “ Maybe if that’s what your into” made it clear that it’s not what I’m into "

I haven’t placed anything negative on it, I’m reading your comment and that’s how it comes across to me

w

I thought “ Maybe if that’s what your into” made it clear that it’s not what I’m into

I haven’t placed anything negative on it, I’m reading your comment and that’s how it comes across to me"

w

- “I think your the only one then.”

I personally don’t think so, I think there are quite a few men myself included similar to him. I think it all depends on what you are after, and how you go about it. I think here one of the big comparisons is you can make friendships and connections then take it from there. All my friends/meets have been pretty much off the forum finding mutual interests "

Weirdly enough I’ve had more spur of the moment “come over let’s fuck” from fabs

The majority of my meets from tinder involve a date that usually evolves into some fwb situation. And as a said. A good handful of relationships

I find it very odd that guys that do well on here do really badly on tinder. Very strange.

I’d agree that the best thing to do on fabs is just to go to clubs/socials. That seems to really help with getting into the scene. But with clubs charging 2x as much for single men, plus the stigma of single men going to clubs alone, and the fact that socials are few and far between, I prefer to stick to tinder where I have literally 10,000s of women all within 10 miles of me.

Sheffield

Tinder isn’t swinging though, it’s online dating, so can’t really be compared.

In 2.5 months I’ve had zero dates/meets on here & X1 tomorrow night off Tinder - is there something really wrong with my profile????

Anyway, I did a flip search on here looking for guys - it’s like 200:1 so for for a guy, into girls, you’re better off with Tinder or maybe just standing naked on a hillside in the dark.

…just my pennies worth X

100% too ugly for tinder on here not so much an issue lol

Most guys here can absolutely relate to anything we send, whether we read the profile and spend hours crafting a message, the majority of it goes unopened

Maybe you just got incredibly lucky that 80% of the people you messaged on here fancier you. And weirdly enough, no one on tinder fancied. Seems strange to me.

But tinder is better because both people have to participate by swiping 1st. So instead of crafting messages that go unopened or ignored, your at least sending messages to someone that’s already given you the ok

That’s my opinion anyways, and exactly how it’s turned out in real life too "

Great point

Warwick

That’s my opinion anyways, and exactly how it’s turned out in real life too "

From hat I heard most guys on Tinder swipe for everyone and then when the get a hit, choose if they are interested, and that's why they find it easier.

w

From hat I heard most guys on Tinder swipe for everyone and then when the get a hit, choose if they are interested, and that's why they find it easier. "

By that logic most guys on here just message anyone so they should find it easier on here right?

Kinda flawed logic no?

From hat I heard most guys on Tinder swipe for everyone and then when the get a hit, choose if they are interested, and that's why they find it easier.

By that logic most guys on here just message anyone so they should find it easier on here right?

Kinda flawed logic no?"

easier to finger blast your phone tho...

Warwick

Kinda flawed logic no?"

And they do.

But Tinder has a much more balanced number of males to females, which is shy the approach works better there.

But that approach just doesn't sit well with me, and seems to generally just find you more fafs than friendships.

I kept swiping the wrong way on tinder

w

Kinda flawed logic no?

And they do.

But Tinder has a much more balanced number of males to females, which is shy the approach works better there.

But that approach just doesn't sit well with me, and seems to generally just find you more fafs than friendships. "

Fair enough, to all their own. I just felt the level of effort put into tinder was met with better meets, better friendships, fwbs and relationships compared to fabs.

The majority of many guys experience on fabs seems to be messages going unread or ignored no matter what they do. If you don’t fall into that category then fantastic, but I truly believe most guts would get more out of their time on tinder, purely for the fact that when you message someone, it’s because they already says yes to you by swiping, as opposed to here where you could spend time crafting messages for people that aren’t looking for you

w

Also to add, statistics are 9:1 on tinder male:female

Still better then on here, but no where near equal as suggested

By *arkSuitedBootedMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

"Also to add, statistics are 9:1 on tinder male:female

Still better then on here, but no where near equal as suggested "

Why is that

w

Why is that "

No idea. Probably just a difference in the psychology of the genders

I’ve only ever used one site at once. But I’ve had waaaay more success from Fab than all other sites put together. I put more effort in on Fab than other sites as I prefer keeping everything on one platform… it’s just tidier (and safer) that way.

Still better then on here, but no where near equal as suggested "

I cant remember the exact statistic. But also on tinder like 10% of men get like 90% of the swipes right

Matched with someone on tinder.... Lots of messages back and forth he can't wait to take me out for a coffee..... He randomly found me on here two days followed lots of messages he couldn't wait to fuck me..... Woke up to being blocked on everything this morning story of my life and the exact reason I dnt meet after a few messages lol.

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stonehaven

FS ??

"Matched with someone on tinder.... Lots of messages back and forth he can't wait to take me out for a coffee..... He randomly found me on here two days followed lots of messages he couldn't wait to fuck me..... Woke up to being blocked on everything this morning story of my life and the exact reason I dnt meet after a few messages lol. "

That shows there are mental issues far deeper than the looks in pics..

Gonna get far worse. Brace ourselves..

Why is that

No idea. Probably just a difference in the psychology of the genders "

A sheer power struggle.

If it was not for the very obvious.

Would any get Pissed on, if ever???

Fab definitely

By *reakbedsnotheartsMan  over a year ago

bedford

Fab

Tinder for sure

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I've been enjoying the pleasures that the entire wierd and wonderful world of cyberspace courtship has to offer for more years than I care to remember now, so I'm well placed to take a balanced view, and make comparison.

The problem with dating sites is that you will encounter people from every end of the social spectrum, the vast majority of of whom are going to leave you just shaking your head, and thinking, "What am I doing here!" Because my quality time is limited, and valuable to me, which means that I am here to maximise it, I don't waste it with people who I have no connection with or a meeting of minds.

Fab offers a platform for those of us who are very sexual people, who are acutely aware that fantastic sex is the glue that binds a successful relationship together, to meet with others who have the same outlook on life, who are not narrow minded or judgemental, or warped by jealousy and possesiveness. Try finding those qualities on ordinary run of the mill dating sites!

To my way of thinking, fab is for those of us who know where we are going in this game of life, and what we want out of it, with people that excite us, and with whom we want to explore the depths of erotisism together.

What's more, it's free! That kinda leads me to draw the conclusion that fab is as good as it gets, and in a league of its own.

"I've been enjoying the pleasures that the entire wierd and wonderful world of cyberspace courtship has to offer for more years than I care to remember now, so I'm well placed to take a balanced view, and make comparison.

The problem with dating sites is that you will encounter people from every end of the social spectrum, the vast majority of of whom are going to leave you just shaking your head, and thinking, "What am I doing here!" Because my quality time is limited, and valuable to me, which means that I am here to maximise it, I don't waste it with people who I have no connection with or a meeting of minds.

Fab offers a platform for those of us who are very sexual people, who are acutely aware that fantastic sex is the glue that binds a successful relationship together, to meet with others who have the same outlook on life, who are not narrow minded or judgemental, or warped by jealousy and possesiveness. Try finding those qualities on ordinary run of the mill dating sites!

To my way of thinking, fab is for those of us who know where we are going in this game of life, and what we want out of it, with people that excite us, and with whom we want to explore the depths of erotisism together.

What's more, it's free! That kinda leads me to draw the conclusion that fab is as good as it gets, and in a league of its own. "

This is a Dance of firstly two.

Without it can not be done.

Many will merely want to stand on the edge and watch away.

If only Actions took more of the front drivers seat.

I am in it for real live meets with whom see me for me via my bio pics etc. Meet in the flesh and make it your story!

Type away we can do that until the end of time.

Less Talk more action!!

From My part.

Any would like the very same

Fee Free to

Pm.

By *ungmagic10Man  over a year ago

Northampton

Tinder sucks in my opinion, my success rate there isnt that good lol but other sites like pof, wooplus, tagged and ofc fabs has treated me better

By *ungmagic10Man  over a year ago

Northampton

Whats fs stand for though, someone plug me in

Midlands

"Whats fs stand for though, someone plug me in "

In what context? FabSwingers?

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

[Removed by poster at 21/12/21 10:46:25]

By *ackFromTheDead2Man  over a year ago

London/Surrey

Fab is great for cutting through bullshit sometimes I wanna be able to say I like look of you I want my tongue on your clit. Or for meeting different sorts of people

Badoo more of a when I'm bored app & just wanna chat to randoms & tinder was good before but hasn't been the same for a few years

By *aldguy1973Man  over a year ago

huntingdon

Its a bit more straight forward on here to be honest and the women seem far more relaxed.

"Ideally I would like to have a relationship with someone in this lifestyle, until I find that person, it would be nice to enjoy a regular male fwb"

FWB? Oxfordshire isn’t far from here. Just say’in! X

I started on here yonks ago and never got anywhere. Not even once! Resorted to Tinder. Haven’t got far on there either but at least they message back. Well sometimes.

It’s just numbers. On Swinging sites the ratio is 200:1. On dating sites the ratio is more like 50:50. I checked this on various sites by searching for girls then boys. That’s why the girls generally don’t message back. Their inbox’s are swamped.

Better off taking cheeky potshots on the forum or just going to a club.

Did I mention Oxfordshire is not far?

Andy X

By *uietly_KinkyMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

I tried Tinder, but it was even less successful than Fab...

By *erkshire8299Man  over a year ago

slough

POF is better than Tinder as easier to message.

Tinder got a surprise for me as a female replied offering a glory hole experience that her partner would photo....Bearing in mind I am 60 and she was a lovely 30 year old in the quick glimpse I had of her...went there thinking that it was a 75 % wind up fake but it ended up two great meets.

By *entakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"

Lots of guys say POF is good but I always found it was just full of single mums "

My main issue with PoF is that the site itself decideed a while back to limit the age range you can message, so I'm blocked from messaging, matching with or even seeing the profile of anyone under 35.

I do have some success with Tinder and Bumble, but Tinder is chock full of spammers and fakes. Bumble is OK but both sites want over £30 a month to "unbreak" the algos so people actually see you and to me that is quite a lot of money just to use a dating app considering the relatively low number of users in my area so I tend to treat myself to a subscription every few months just to make sure there are actually enough fresh faces on the site to make it worth it. Plus I've seen enough women's inboxes to know that for every one match I get, they get 20+ so the odds are frankly not that great.

OKC used to be good for me but ever since Match group took it over and it moved from ad revenue to subscription based model, that one dried up also.

As far as Fab goes, I've only ever really managed to get meets when I've been elsewhere in the country and it's a spur of the moment thing. Most of my friends and people I chat to regularly on here are 200 or more miles away.

Most of the action I get these days comes either from women I serve in the pub I work in, or the local late night bar I pop into after work. Which is OK but honestly I'd rather keep work and personal life separate, and I tend to find if I take someone home from the pub it generally stays a one night stand type thing.

FS ?

By *angbangFantasyWoman  over a year ago

London

I dated a guy I met on POF that introduced me to FS (fabswingers).

Have used tinder for dates but most of my relationships have come from meeting people on here.

Currently taking a "break" from meets but on feeld ( like a kinky tinder) and seeing how that goes.

By *ocoa89Man  over a year ago

Camberwell

Definitely dating apps in general. I've found it easier to find a FwB connection via dating apps than places like Fabswingers or Feeld.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I’ve never used tinder, or pof, but do use another site alongside Fab, with ‘reasonable’ success

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It was about the same tbh

But on fab it was almost a guarantee of great sex where as the other was just mediocre sex, so I deleted the other and in the fab sweet shop I played

"I get no where on tinder or Bumble. I've come to the conclusion I'm not pretty enough.

"

I've had the fortune of seeing your face from another thread dm, and you are speaking nonsense!!!!! You are very pretty, so don't go shooting yourself down! If I lived closer I would be chopping my arm off for your attentions!!!!

By *enuine MikeMan  over a year ago

Guildford

I've had a handful of meets on Fab. 8 plus years on Tinder and not 1 meet, I think I've only been matched 3 times

Guildford

If you just want a quick no questions asked fuck, Tinder probably is easier."

Oh here we go, Mr Billy Big bollocks telling us/me were we/im going wrong. I find comments like this somewhat patronising indeed.

Whos to say that most of men don't follow your approach? Just because things are working out for you, doesn't mean that by applying the same approach works for everyone .

Warwick

Oh here we go, Mr Billy Big bollocks telling us/me were we/im going wrong. I find comments like this somewhat patronising indeed.

Whos to say that most of men don't follow your approach? Just because things are working out for you, doesn't mean that by applying the same approach works for everyone ."

Wow, hit a nerve there did I?

I was responding to a statement of fact that Tinder was better for single guys, from someone who said they have hundreds of unopened messages. I wad expressing my opinion that Tinder isn't better and that if he's sent out 100s of messages on here that's potentially what he was doing wrong, as I can't imagine each and every one of those was well thought out and sent to someone he really believes he's a match to.

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm really not fussed. Do what you like.

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

All our meets are from FS aside from a few club encounters.

Guildford

Whos to say that most of men don't follow your approach? Just because things are working out for you, doesn't mean that by applying the same approach works for everyone .

I was responding to a statement of fact that Tinder was better for single guys, from someone who said they have hundreds of unopened messages. I wad expressing my opinion that Tinder isn't better and that if he's sent out 100s of messages on here that's potentially what he was doing wrong, as I can't imagine each and every one of those was well thought out and sent to someone he really believes he's a match to.

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm really not fussed. Do what you like. "

Indeed

Merry Christmas

Warwick

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm really not fussed. Do what you like.

Indeed

Merry Christmas "

You too. Have fun!

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

Plague or cholera, as far as I'm concerned. Used to do well on Ashley Madison but it's dead now. Or I'm too old.

I have never tried Tinder. My best friend met lots of hot guys on there, but no keepers.

My plan is to join a dating site in the New Year. Not sure which one as yet.

w

Seems pointless putting together a message on here for

1. Some that I don’t know is even interested

2. Most messages go unopened anyways because of the 100s of message women receive on the daily

At least on tinder

1. We’ve matched, so there’s some expressed interested

2. Any message I sent is at least read.

Fabs is more of a numbers game in that it can just be luck of the draw whether your message gets seen or not. If you message someone while they are offline there’s a very good chance the message will be buried under 100s of others by the time they come online.

That’s why I choose tinder. Plus it’s got a bigger user base and the profiles are better/more interesting

"I kept swiping the wrong way on tinder "

I’d be the same. I’m so cackhanded

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Never been on Tinder but was on PoD before joining here. It was full of men who wanted 1 nights stands but didn’t have the balls to admit it.

I met T via here

J x

This x 1000

I find the dating sites quite demoralising, so tend not to use them so often. I don't find FS the same as I have no expectations of meeting.

My biggest problem with Tinder is the way the filters work. If I’m looking for Ladies 50-60 within 10 miles, all will be shown. This includes (say) a 55 yo who is looking for a Guy 50-55 ( I’m older). So I’m never going to be on her radar so my right swipe is wasted. It would be a lot better if my filter only showed Ladies who have filters that match mine.

By *urenutsMan  over a year ago

waltham cross/Harrow HA1

Fab

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Weirdly (as in not really the way round I'd necessarily like it), i get some brilliant attention on Bumble and Tinder, yet naff all on here. Certainly when it comes to getting your kit off anyway.

By *addy bareMan  over a year ago

lakeside

More attention on pof,everything else is hard work.

w

"I find the dating sites quite demoralising, so tend not to use them so often. I don't find FS the same as I have no expectations of meeting.

My biggest problem with Tinder is the way the filters work. If I’m looking for Ladies 50-60 within 10 miles, all will be shown. This includes (say) a 55 yo who is looking for a Guy 50-55 ( I’m older). So I’m never going to be on her radar so my right swipe is wasted. It would be a lot better if my filter only showed Ladies who have filters that match mine. "

That’s how tinder works actually. You won’t be shown people if you don’t match their filters

Data analysis in 2019 showed that a man of average attractiveness can only expect to be liked by slightly less than 1% of females (0.87%) on Tinder. Add that to the OK Cupid survey findings in 2018 (80% of men are unattractive to women) and it says to me that the vast majority of men are fucked, but not in a good way.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I was on Tinder from 2015 to early 2021. In that time, I didn't get a single meet. I didn't get a single *like* after 2018.

The only site I've had any success on has been OkCupid – three meets since 2015. However, as another poster mentioned above, when it was swallowed up by Match and they tried to turn it into a Tinder clone, its usefulness fell off a cliff. Now it just suggests the same people over and over again, no matter how many times I reject them.

I personally have found no substitute for actually getting out there and visiting clubs, but the pandemic has put paid to that for the time being.

"I find the dating sites quite demoralising, so tend not to use them so often. I don't find FS the same as I have no expectations of meeting.

My biggest problem with Tinder is the way the filters work. If I’m looking for Ladies 50-60 within 10 miles, all will be shown. This includes (say) a 55 yo who is looking for a Guy 50-55 ( I’m older). So I’m never going to be on her radar so my right swipe is wasted. It would be a lot better if my filter only showed Ladies who have filters that match mine.

That’s how tinder works actually. You won’t be shown people if you don’t match their filters "

Ok, thanks for the clearing that up. Doesn’t help though, I had an excuse for the lack of interest, now I’m just an ugly grey haired Git who’s has no attractiveness

By *arkhorse12345Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Agree more timewasters on fab than tinder

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I got many more messages on tinder when I was on it but they generally were looking for a long term regular relationship

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Two different sites used for two different purposes.. I would suggest that if you are using the same approach for both sites, you are misleading one set of people…..

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Two different sites used for two different purposes.. I would suggest that if you are using the same approach for both sites, you are misleading one set of people….. "

It depends on your profile text, mine was pretty much identical so no one was being mislead . I think there’s people on both looking for sex, relationships, kink etc

I spoke to one person on tinder. (Aka instagram)

» Add a new message to this topic