FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Has your year been successful...

Has your year been successful...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *gnitemybody OP   Woman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes or no?

Suppose if you're posting then it has as we're alive and kicking,that's a bonus eh. Or does it feel like another year has just drifted by...aimlessly.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a drifter.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Drifter no 2 here^^^

Floater. ^

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I’ve had a decent year getting closer to some of my goals.

I could of done a lot more though if I spent less time on here

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Mine definitely has! I’ve started back at university studying for an MA after being a mum/housewife for 17 years and I’m loving every moment of it So nice to be doing something for myself

STOKE ON TRENT

"Floater. ^"

In my eyes

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Mine definitely has! I’ve started back at university studying for an MA after being a mum/housewife for 17 years and I’m loving every moment of it So nice to be doing something for myself "

I love the positivity long may it continue.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I'm a drifter."

Likewise.

"Floater. ^

In my eyes "

I'll just get the wet wipes.

"I'm a drifter.

Likewise."

x

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I’ve had a decent year getting closer to some of my goals.

I could of done a lot more though if I spent less time on here"

The main thing is you're going in the right direction so all's good.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Floater. ^

In my eyes

I'll just get the wet wipes."

Again

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Mine definitely has! I’ve started back at university studying for an MA after being a mum/housewife for 17 years and I’m loving every moment of it So nice to be doing something for myself

I love the positivity long may it continue."

Thank you! x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Hello OP!

How has your year been?

I'd say my year has been quite successful really. I realised a relationship wasn't healthy to me and that it wouldn't be a sign of me failing if things came to an end. Work has been very good - I was recognised for something industry wise and that made me happy. My partner and I are in a very good place currently. I've made some wonderful friends and confirmed why I love those I have already. I've started exploring kink and I've erm... reconnected with someone who is a delight for that.

And I'm a fuckton happier in myself than I was at the beginning of the year. The weight loss is continuing after my meh. I don't think I'm ugly. I rather like me, flaws and all. Even the waffling.

So yes, the year has been a good one.

The shelves I put up in January are still up so all good here.

STOKE ON TRENT

"The shelves I put up in January are still up so all good here."

Did you use cellotape?

Na, No more nails adhesive. I don't have a hammer.

Ive cycled a lot

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Hello OP!

How has your year been?

I'd say my year has been quite successful really. I realised a relationship wasn't healthy to me and that it wouldn't be a sign of me failing if things came to an end. Work has been very good - I was recognised for something industry wise and that made me happy. My partner and I are in a very good place currently. I've made some wonderful friends and confirmed why I love those I have already. I've started exploring kink and I've erm... reconnected with someone who is a delight for that.

And I'm a fuckton happier in myself than I was at the beginning of the year. The weight loss is continuing after my meh. I don't think I'm ugly. I rather like me, flaws and all. Even the waffling.

So yes, the year has been a good one. "

Hi Meli well done on your recognition work wise that must be a great feeling,it certainly sounds like your year has had lots of positives in it. You're far from ugly,self love is a wonderful thing and it's great you now feel that.

I suppose if I really sit and think about the last year then there has been lots of positives and thing's to be grateful for. I do have a job I don't particularly like it but I have one,I have a great family/friendship and a safe roof over my head.

Relationship wise I'm still in the same place that never changes unfortunately,but it doesn't help as I'm not putting myself out there so to speak. Maybe 2022 will be my year to find someone I can call my own.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"The shelves I put up in January are still up so all good here."

Do you have anything on those shelves though that's the question?

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Ive cycled a lot "

You must be super fit if it's up and down hills,I really must exercise.

"Ive cycled a lot

You must be super fit if it's up and down hills,I really must exercise."

its splendid fun and good for mind and body

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Relationship wise I'm still in the same place that never changes unfortunately,but it doesn't help as I'm not putting myself out there so to speak. Maybe 2022 will be my year to find someone I can call my own."

It will change for you Ignite, I have every hope and faith it will. Putting yourself out there is a bit daunting, you make yourself vulnerable and there's every possibility that when you do you'll be hurt. I hope you find the strength and energy to do that, you deserve someone to call your own, x

"Yes or no?

Suppose if you're posting then it has as we're alive and kicking,that's a bonus eh. Or does it feel like another year has just drifted by...aimlessly."

Very successful as I’ve started to move towards some goals of letting go of things that were dragging me down from the past and set stepping stones for the future

But yeah I’m gonna whisper it just in case x

"Yes or no?

Suppose if you're posting then it has as we're alive and kicking,that's a bonus eh. Or does it feel like another year has just drifted by...aimlessly.

Very successful as I’ve started to move towards some goals of letting go of things that were dragging me down from the past and set stepping stones for the future

But yeah I’m gonna whisper it just in case x"

And you got married.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Ive cycled a lot

You must be super fit if it's up and down hills,I really must exercise. its splendid fun and good for mind and body "

My poor bike hasn't been out of the shed since I moved here 9 years,I bought the shed and it hasn't seen daylight since. I was a hazard on it anyway so it's for the best.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Relationship wise I'm still in the same place that never changes unfortunately,but it doesn't help as I'm not putting myself out there so to speak. Maybe 2022 will be my year to find someone I can call my own.

It will change for you Ignite, I have every hope and faith it will. Putting yourself out there is a bit daunting, you make yourself vulnerable and there's every possibility that when you do you'll be hurt. I hope you find the strength and energy to do that, you deserve someone to call your own, x"

Aww that's lovely thankyou x

I would say mine has. Bought a home and my job is now permanent and I’m doing something I love!

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Yes or no?

But yeah I’m gonna whisper it just in case x"

It can be hard to make those initial changes so well done,positivity all the way.

Some of the worse days and some pretty good.

Must do better next year!

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I would say mine has. Bought a home and my job is now permanent and I’m doing something I love! "

To love your job is a wonderful thing it makes getting up in the morning that little bit more easier I'm sure.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Not too bad. I’ve gone from £0 in saving to having almost 30k all while renting a flat and bills car etc

That’s about 10% on a house. Think I need to hit 40k to buy, so the slog continues

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Some of the worse days and some pretty good.

Must do better next year! "

Hopefully the worse days are well and truly behind you now and lots of good one's to come.

It’s been different. Had a baby. Changed my job for when I return. Made new friends. Lost friends that I thought would always be there.

"Ive cycled a lot

You must be super fit if it's up and down hills,I really must exercise. its splendid fun and good for mind and body

My poor bike hasn't been out of the shed since I moved here 9 years,I bought the shed and it hasn't seen daylight since. I was a hazard on it anyway so it's for the best."

oh please get it out oil that chain and when the warmer weather returns , have a ride . Please wear a helmet too

By *evonshireboyMan  over a year ago

North Devon

I'd say I've been stagnating this past year. I'm in much the same place as I was 350 days ago.

Slightly faster at running, done more cycling, but going nowhere at work and still haven't managed to get a meet let alone had any kind of sexual activity.

Feeling a bit old and useless tbh

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Not too bad. I’ve gone from £0 in saving to having almost 30k all while renting a flat and bills car etc

That’s about 10% on a house. Think I need to hit 40k to buy, so the slog continues "

That's amazing well done,here's to getting your own place.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"It’s been different. Had a baby. Changed my job for when I return. Made new friends. Lost friends that I thought would always be there. "

Gosh it has been an eventful year for you,you made a life that's something I was never successful in. I do have two daughters but making a baby that's apart of you,but be amazing. Are your lost friendships gone forever do you think?

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Ive cycled a lot

You must be super fit if it's up and down hills,I really must exercise. its splendid fun and good for mind and body

My poor bike hasn't been out of the shed since I moved here 9 years,I bought the shed and it hasn't seen daylight since. I was a hazard on it anyway so it's for the best. oh please get it out oil that chain and when the warmer weather returns , have a ride . Please wear a helmet too "

I think it needs a bit more than an oil after 9 year's in a shed,it's a wee bit rusty now as well. It's safer for everyone if it stays where it is,but never say never.

I’ve had a great year with my health and fitness. I’m 35% lighter than I was at the start, blood pressure in norms, strong as an ox, and looking younger.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Work wise our years have been a mixed bag.

I’ve got a good job working from home or C’s home. C works in the travel industry so it’s been very stop start…still too much insecurity about cancellations.

Vanilla wise, we’ve had a lovely year…we’ve been able to go out and actually go on dates and we’ve been to some lovely places in the UK.

FAB wise, we’ve had a fantastic time - experiencing different things, throwing ourselves into new situations. Forming friendships. It’s been a year of ticking off fantasies.

I hope you find what you are looking for Ignite…we both met on here and weren’t looking for anything more…so it does happen. You’ve just got to get yourself out there…

I hope to see you at the next MLS social.

K

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I’m ending the year happy and grateful. It’s a success.

Bit of a groundhog year if I'm honest, as was 2020. Just marking time until I can get back to what we used to call normal. No disasters, well just one, but only a few fleeting highlights. Roll on 2022 and see what that brings.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I'd say I've been stagnating this past year. I'm in much the same place as I was 350 days ago.

Slightly faster at running, done more cycling, but going nowhere at work and still haven't managed to get a meet let alone had any kind of sexual activity.

Feeling a bit old and useless tbh"

I'm older than and we're certainly not useless well not completely anyway,I'm sure Covid hasn't helped in getting a meet either. Hopefully 2022 brings a bit closer to what you want.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I’ve had a great year with my health and fitness. I’m 35% lighter than I was at the start, blood pressure in norms, strong as an ox, and looking younger. "

Well done on your fitness it sounds like you've done a great job.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

It's been better than 2020, so I'll take that.

Miss

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Work wise our years have been a mixed bag.

I’ve got a good job working from home or C’s home. C works in the travel industry so it’s been very stop start…still too much insecurity about cancellations.

Vanilla wise, we’ve had a lovely year…we’ve been able to go out and actually go on dates and we’ve been to some lovely places in the UK.

FAB wise, we’ve had a fantastic time - experiencing different things, throwing ourselves into new situations. Forming friendships. It’s been a year of ticking off fantasies.

I hope you find what you are looking for Ignite…we both met on here and weren’t looking for anything more…so it does happen. You’ve just got to get yourself out there…

I hope to see you at the next MLS social.

K"

Lots has happened since we meet for you then you deserve it,I need some of your luck methinks. I haven't looked for a relationship for the past year as I've been concentrating on other thing's and have a good friendship with someone so haven't missed too much. There are moment's when I feel it would great,it's just making the effort bit which I'm rubbish at. The older I get the worse I am.

A bit.. restarted my driving lessons and passed my theory test so hopefully pass my practical in the new year. Then 2022 will be even more successful i hope

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I’m ending the year happy and grateful. It’s a success. "

and that's a great note to end on.

"Hello OP!

How has your year been?

A joy to read

Onestepoutofthedoor

"It's been better than 2020, so I'll take that.

Miss"

And next year hopefully will be better than 2021.

For us it’s been the same mostly . One of the changes we are making is getting out more socially with friends and each other and hopefully explore more on here .

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

It's not been bad considering...work is going well, promotion earlier in the year and I've done a cross over in skills and been trained up and passed some qualifications in another department so I now work between the two facilities the store offers.

Relationship wise is going good, I've found someone I wasn't expecting to, he snuck up on me and won me over and I'm glad he did and I'm looking forward to the future x

I'm not dwelling too much on 2021 as it's been pretty awful in many ways. I feel somewhat battered but I am still standing. I bought a house and I am much closer to my four kids - taking those as wins.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

My mum's still alive...so yes

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think so. I bought a house , made it into a home for me and my daughter , stayed reasonably fit and healthy , kept working all year, met some lovely people here, did a bunch of photography courses and had a couple of fun holidays.

I never actually set any goals this year, I could have achieved more, especially training /gym & business but made the decision to slow down a bit and enjoy my new home.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"For us it’s been the same mostly . One of the changes we are making is getting out more socially with friends and each other and hopefully explore more on here . "

It's all positive then have a great 2022.

"My mum's still alive...so yes "

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its been a massive year of reclamation for me, catching up with friends, partners, lovers, re finding C again and not just being a "mum" starting a college course that will define a new career for me and I actually made it to a Manchester Social which I thought was a step too far but I am so glad I took it

Onestepoutofthedoor

"It's not been bad considering...work is going well, promotion earlier in the year and I've done a cross over in skills and been trained up and passed some qualifications in another department so I now work between the two facilities the store offers.

Relationship wise is going good, I've found someone I wasn't expecting to, he snuck up on me and won me over and I'm glad he did and I'm looking forward to the future x "

That sounds like a great year to me,well done on your promotion and your relationship that's lovely to hear.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I'm not dwelling too much on 2021 as it's been pretty awful in many ways. I feel somewhat battered but I am still standing. I bought a house and I am much closer to my four kids - taking those as wins. "

I think at time's you have to focus on the positives and fuck the negatives and those certainly sound like great positives.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"My mum's still alive...so yes "

Then the year has 100% been positive

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I think so. I bought a house , made it into a home for me and my daughter , stayed reasonably fit and healthy , kept working all year, met some lovely people here, did a bunch of photography courses and had a couple of fun holidays.

I never actually set any goals this year, I could have achieved more, especially training /gym & business but made the decision to slow down a bit and enjoy my new home."

The main thing is you have made a home for you and your daughter that's more important than training and business,you can more of that in 2022.

By *arkSuitedBootedMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

Sometimes yes, sometimes no

Yes very work wise won 3 new contracts in one area of work & ive been unindated with financial & business restructuring advice & requests so that sides been busy parents farm has become very very busy and created more jobs so a massive thankyou to brexit from me only down side is personal life has been well far too busy thanks to the above... so next year im dropping a day at work taking more staff on to take some stress off. Ive felt much better mentally and things are heading the right way on the love front

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Very much up and down but we have all survived the past year and that’s the main thing. My children still have all 4 grandparents at their age which makes me very happy as that’s something I never had. Health is the most important. Everything else can be dealt with or lived with in one way or another x

No

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 16/12/21 09:21:41]

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Despite Covid and working from home, it's been a very successful year for me.

Started a new job and a degree, both of which I'm really enjoying.

Nita

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Its been a massive year of reclamation for me, catching up with friends, partners, lovers, re finding C again and not just being a "mum" starting a college course that will define a new career for me and I actually made it to a Manchester Social which I thought was a step too far but I am so glad I took it "

Sometimes we over think thing's don't we which can stop us from events we may actually enjoy,on my first MLS I was pretty nervous but I did have someone's hand to hold so that was a great help. I think if I didn't have that I wouldn't have had the balls to go by myself.

Well done on doing your college course.

"Hello OP!

How has your year been?

This was really nice to read

12 months ago I took another huge step forward in my life but what I didn’t expect was to meet TG 3 months ago and my world to be totally rocked.

So I would say this year has been the best year of my life so far

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I didn't set any goals so success wouldn't be easily defined.

Jan.. lost my mum.

Feb'. Had a stay in hospital first time in donkeys years. Food was pretty good.

Mar.. did nothing,

Apr.. did nothing.

May.. did a little bit of work as my industry was reopening.

June .birthday.. yippee there was

July.. see Mar/Apr.

Aug.. see july.

Sept'. See Aug.

Oct' .. see Sept.

Nov.. booked a holiday.

Dec.. t.b.c.

Wasted part of the year, won't happen again,

Health ..tick.

Happy.. tick.

Relationship status..still looking.

End of year report..

Room for improvement.

By *not123Couple  over a year ago

sp1

Its been a hard year for me. Life changes not always for the best partner playing emotional games,spending quality time with p has been very limited so not even just laying cuddled up I'm missing so much

Job been exhausting

Worrying about people I loves health especially when I know they won't tell me everything.

Roll on 22 and hope things brighten up because I need to smile again

I drifted. But luckily I ended up on Fab so I'd say I 'made it'

"Its been a hard year for me. Life changes not always for the best partner playing emotional games,spending quality time with p has been very limited so not even just laying cuddled up I'm missing so much

Job been exhausting

Worrying about people I loves health especially when I know they won't tell me everything.

Roll on 22 and hope things brighten up because I need to smile again "

Smiiiiiiiile though your heart is breaking, smiiiiiiiile even though you're faking......

You need a bit of one on one time with Nat. Hope it gets brighter for you x

"No"

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Yes very work wise won 3 new contracts in one area of work & ive been unindated with financial & business restructuring advice & requests so that sides been busy parents farm has become very very busy and created more jobs so a massive thankyou to brexit from me only down side is personal life has been well far too busy thanks to the above... so next year im dropping a day at work taking more staff on to take some stress off. Ive felt much better mentally and things are heading the right way on the love front "

So glad things are looking up for you xx

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I certainly can't complain when compared to a number of people I know. Professionally and emotionally it's been great. I've been very fortunate.

Good to see you back and posting Op

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

There have been a lot of positives for me this year. I started a new job, it's hard work but I'm enjoying it...and the increased pay packet. I've been able to spend quality time with my man, making happy memories...it doesn't get any easier to fly home, but, for now at least, I know travel restrictions won't stop me from going back soon. My pooch is still with me, which is a blessing every day now that he's older...I'm embracing all of his knobheadedness because that's what will make me smile in years to come when I'm missing him. I'm in a happy place, so I'd say it's been a successful year

As you say, we're alive - that is the biggest success.

This year I've advocated hard for my health. I was suicidal due to chronic pain, I was open and honest with surgeons who agreed emergency surgery was the way forward. I've got my life back, the kids have got their mum back, my husband got his wife back. I don't need pain management - I don't even need painkillers anymore! (2 years on codeine/naproxen turned me into a zombie). Being in control is such a nice feeling. Not having to fight through every day and every night.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"My mum's still alive...so yes

Then the year has 100% been positive "

Thank you

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Sometimes yes, sometimes no "

A bit of good and a bit of bad eh,well here's to the good part.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Yes very work wise won 3 new contracts in one area of work & ive been unindated with financial & business restructuring advice & requests so that sides been busy parents farm has become very very busy and created more jobs so a massive thankyou to brexit from me only down side is personal life has been well far too busy thanks to the above... so next year im dropping a day at work taking more staff on to take some stress off. Ive felt much better mentally and things are heading the right way on the love front "

There's lots for you to be positive about then,if you could bottle some of it and send it my way I'd be very grateful.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Very much up and down but we have all survived the past year and that’s the main thing. My children still have all 4 grandparents at their age which makes me very happy as that’s something I never had. Health is the most important. Everything else can be dealt with or lived with in one way or another x

"

I never knew my grandparents either,my girls are lucky as both my parents are still with us. I agree health is certainly important.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"No"

I hope there are some positives to the new year for you.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Despite Covid and working from home, it's been a very successful year for me.

Started a new job and a degree, both of which I'm really enjoying.

Nita "

That's great to hear I wish I could say the same work wise,but hey I'm working so all's good.

Yes it has.

Our first home together and planning our wedding next year so I would say that is pretty successful.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"12 months ago I took another huge step forward in my life but what I didn’t expect was to meet TG 3 months ago and my world to be totally rocked.

So I would say this year has been the best year of my life so far "

Aww that's lovely long may it continue.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I didn't set any goals so success wouldn't be easily defined.

Jan.. lost my mum.

Feb'. Had a stay in hospital first time in donkeys years. Food was pretty good.

Mar.. did nothing,

Apr.. did nothing.

May.. did a little bit of work as my industry was reopening.

June .birthday.. yippee there was

July.. see Mar/Apr.

Aug.. see july.

Sept'. See Aug.

Oct' .. see Sept.

Nov.. booked a holiday.

Dec.. t.b.c.

Wasted part of the year, won't happen again,

Health ..tick.

Happy.. tick.

Relationship status..still looking.

End of year report..

Room for improvement.

"

I'm so sorry about your mum,I suppose the months where you did nothing can be looked at as a positive because at least nothing bad happened.

Professionally yes, personally no… but I did my best for my kids, I still have my health and so do my loved ones, so all in all I’d say it’s successful.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Its been a hard year for me. Life changes not always for the best partner playing emotional games,spending quality time with p has been very limited so not even just laying cuddled up I'm missing so much

Job been exhausting

Roll on 22 and hope things brighten up because I need to smile again "

I so hope you do,it sounds like it couldn't be much worse so next year will be your time to smile.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I drifted. But luckily I ended up on Fab so I'd say I 'made it' "

It's easy to do,maybe you'll take 2022 by the balls and live it more.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I certainly can't complain when compared to a number of people I know. Professionally and emotionally it's been great. I've been very fortunate.

Good to see you back and posting Op "

I had a moment of weakness,it's lovely to hear your year has been a great one.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I officially completed my undergraduate degree in January (finished it in December 2020 really though) and received my Certificate in March. So that was a nice start!

Apart from that it’s been pretty uneventful and low key as I’m keeping a lower profile than normal and trying to keep my mum and kids safe.

Nobody has died in my family, so that’s always a positive.

Hopefully 2022 will perk up and I hope to maybe get in a few day trips or something for myself and the kids as won’t be having a proper holiday as such.

Been a lazy year took most off it off there was some crazy points but back to relaxing till sometime in 22 and then I probably be drowning in work for like 3-4 months

By *1n_eaterMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Still breathing, so yep pretty successful year

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not really achieved a whole lot... Strangely, Fab has been the best thing, getting back out there, meeting people and indulging in my dominant side.

No, utter shit.

I'm still alive and kicking, but the two most important people in my life are both gone.

So sod Christmas and roll on 2022.

It can only get better...or can it.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"It's not been bad considering...work is going well, promotion earlier in the year and I've done a cross over in skills and been trained up and passed some qualifications in another department so I now work between the two facilities the store offers.

Relationship wise is going good, I've found someone I wasn't expecting to, he snuck up on me and won me over and I'm glad he did and I'm looking forward to the future x "

He's a most fortunate gentleman. Really happy for you both! x

"12 months ago I took another huge step forward in my life but what I didn’t expect was to meet TG 3 months ago and my world to be totally rocked.

So I would say this year has been the best year of my life so far

Aww that's lovely long may it continue."

Let’s hope she feels the same way

Mayfair

"Yes it has.

Our first home together and planning our wedding next year so I would say that is pretty successful. "

He's another fortunate gentleman.

You're both stalwarts to this fine fab fora!

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Through all the uncertainty that the last year has bought on balance I'd say mine has been a success

Success is relative a year ago things like my job security for instance was unsure but now I'm still here still moving forward,still smiling so something must have worked correctly

It's had its ups and it's downs but every year does and I'll take them.

But I met the man I share this profile with so yes it's been a bloody good year on that alone.

I had three doomsdays as I called them and they all turned out to be successful instead of doom. One was winning a tribunal.

There is more I could list but I wouldn't want to tempt fate and others are too personal to share.

How about you OP?

PW

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Our year has certainly been exciting. Jumping into this new lifestyle has been one of the best things we've done

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Bad things in 2021:

Spent far too much time on fab.

My business/work has been a pain all year. Beginning of the year, extremely quiet and difficult times. Through the summer extremely busy so no time for me. Now we're back to where we were last December.

Good things in 2021:

I've had more sex this year than any other.

In January I moved to a nice tiny cottage in the countryside and love it there.

Even though finances are tight, my savings have improved.

I started swimming again and now do a mile twice a week first thing before I go to work. Plus I've recently joined a Yoga class for the first time since lock downs began.

I'm typing this while watching the sun go down over the dunes in Maspalomas.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"Ive cycled a lot

My poor bike hasn't been out of the shed since I moved here 9 years,I bought the shed and it hasn't seen daylight since. I was a hazard on it anyway so it's for the best."

Have you thought of stabilisers

moved from Scotland to England...New job, promotion, bought a brand new car for the first time ever. I'd say yes..its been a good year despite the current pandemic

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

More successful than the previous year (2020) which in itself was a stunner.

Lockdown has been very fortunate for us.

And Amazon who seem to be camped outside our door these days

Onestepoutofthedoor

"There have been a lot of positives for me this year. I started a new job, it's hard work but I'm enjoying it...and the increased pay packet. I've been able to spend quality time with my man, making happy memories...it doesn't get any easier to fly home, but, for now at least, I know travel restrictions won't stop me from going back soon. My pooch is still with me, which is a blessing every day now that he's older...I'm embracing all of his knobheadedness because that's what will make me smile in years to come when I'm missing him. I'm in a happy place, so I'd say it's been a successful year "

We all aspire to be in a happy place don't we and you have certainly succeeded in that.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"As you say, we're alive - that is the biggest success.

This year I've advocated hard for my health. I was suicidal due to chronic pain, I was open and honest with surgeons who agreed emergency surgery was the way forward. I've got my life back, the kids have got their mum back, my husband got his wife back. I don't need pain management - I don't even need painkillers anymore! (2 years on codeine/naproxen turned me into a zombie). Being in control is such a nice feeling. Not having to fight through every day and every night. "

Bloody hell that sounds hideous I'm so happy for you that you no longer have to fight every day,I can't imagine what you went through.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Yes it has.

Our first home together and planning our wedding next year so I would say that is pretty successful. "

Congratulations I presume each and every one of us are invited!

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Professionally yes, personally no… but I did my best for my kids, I still have my health and so do my loved ones, so all in all I’d say it’s successful.

"

Very successful I would say,all we can do is try the best we can.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Not too bad all things considered I now live with the person I love and we’ve had some fun as well

M

"Professionally yes, personally no… but I did my best for my kids, I still have my health and so do my loved ones, so all in all I’d say it’s successful.

Very successful I would say,all we can do is try the best we can."

Very true, hope you’re year has been successful OP

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Yep!

Took a risk and started a new job which has paid off big time. Who knew changing something like your job can re shape your life and outlook! Even though I took a pay cut it’s all about being happy, contented and appreciated.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I officially completed my undergraduate degree in January (finished it in December 2020 really though) and received my Certificate in March. So that was a nice start!

Apart from that it’s been pretty uneventful and low key as I’m keeping a lower profile than normal and trying to keep my mum and kids safe.

Nobody has died in my family, so that’s always a positive.

Hopefully 2022 will perk up and I hope to maybe get in a few day trips or something for myself and the kids as won’t be having a proper holiday as such.

"

Well done on completing your degree that's more than I could ever achieve and I hope the new year brings more exciting thing's.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Been a lazy year took most off it off there was some crazy points but back to relaxing till sometime in 22 and then I probably be drowning in work for like 3-4 months "

Enjoy the rest of your relaxation.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Still breathing, so yep pretty successful year "

It could be a whole lot worse...

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Not really achieved a whole lot... Strangely, Fab has been the best thing, getting back out there, meeting people and indulging in my dominant side."

It certainly has it's positives this site doesn't it.

"It’s been different. Had a baby. Changed my job for when I return. Made new friends. Lost friends that I thought would always be there.

Gosh it has been an eventful year for you,you made a life that's something I was never successful in. I do have two daughters but making a baby that's apart of you,but be amazing. Are your lost friendships gone forever do you think?"

Afraid so the one I was closest to had a miscarriage the day I found out I was pregnant. I’ve tried to maintain a friendship but she’s pushed me away. The baby was a real shock as I was told over 10 years ago that I wouldn’t fall pregnant naturally. It’s great that you have your 2 daughters

Onestepoutofthedoor

"No, utter shit.

I'm still alive and kicking, but the two most important people in my life are both gone.

It can only get better...or can it."

I'm so sorry to hear that.

It's been a good year all in all. We have our forever home, we have our kitten and both have good jobs.

We've started socialising more too.

The only thing I'd like to round the year off is too have all three of my boys in the same room but that isn't going to happen but they are healthy, that's all that matters.

Danish x

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Through all the uncertainty that the last year has bought on balance I'd say mine has been a success

Success is relative a year ago things like my job security for instance was unsure but now I'm still here still moving forward,still smiling so something must have worked correctly "

I hope the coming year is equally successful,keep smiling!

My kids have food in their belly’s and we have a roof over our head. Work still haven’t sussed out how shit I am after ten years and both my knees still function.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"It’s been different. Had a baby. Changed my job for when I return. Made new friends. Lost friends that I thought would always be there.

Gosh it has been an eventful year for you,you made a life that's something I was never successful in. I do have two daughters but making a baby that's apart of you,but be amazing. Are your lost friendships gone forever do you think?

Afraid so the one I was closest to had a miscarriage the day I found out I was pregnant. I’ve tried to maintain a friendship but she’s pushed me away. The baby was a real shock as I was told over 10 years ago that I wouldn’t fall pregnant naturally. It’s great that you have your 2 daughters "

When I was going through fertility treatment with my ex a close friend became pregnant,I'm ashamed to say I was like your friend. I didn't push her away as such I just found it incredibly painful to be around her. I did become a godparent to her child so it wasn't permament and they gave references to our social worker when we adopted so it turned out ok. Maybe within time if her situation changes she'll be in contact,motherhood can be a painful emotionally shitty journey.

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"Our year has certainly been exciting. Jumping into this new lifestyle has been one of the best things we've done "

"Been a lazy year took most off it off there was some crazy points but back to relaxing till sometime in 22 and then I probably be drowning in work for like 3-4 months

Enjoy the rest of your relaxation."

I will do thanks so much

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Depends what you define as successful. It’s certainly been stressful and I think the bags under my eyes are now permanent

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

This year has been the worst of my life. I'm not talking professionally or financially but personally! Be glad when its 2022 !

By *inTonic2018Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Yes or no?

Suppose if you're posting then it has as we're alive and kicking,that's a bonus eh. Or does it feel like another year has just drifted by...aimlessly."

Overall,yes. Quit my shitty job, built a beautiful house for the family, who are all happy and well. No swinging with the missus, but can't have it all!

"Yes it has.

Our first home together and planning our wedding next year so I would say that is pretty successful.

Congratulations I presume each and every one of us are invited!"

We'd love to however not practical although I having a fab hen do so I will keep you informed.

On the whole it has been successful, but in an understated way. I haven’t exactly set the world alight!

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It's taken almost a year, but its has got much better

Personally it’s been a fantastic year, I’ve had some really good meets and made some truly amazing friends. I was fortunate to meet most of them last weekend and I look forward to next year.

I’ve explored and tried new things that have opened doors as well as learning and moving on from others.

Not everyday has been fantastic, but I’ve kept positive thoughts because they create positive things

Oh I’d say it has… got myself back on here, found a lovely guy who is now my FB. But having said that I’ve been intermittently ill since September.

"Yes very work wise won 3 new contracts in one area of work & ive been unindated with financial & business restructuring advice & requests so that sides been busy parents farm has become very very busy and created more jobs so a massive thankyou to brexit from me only down side is personal life has been well far too busy thanks to the above... so next year im dropping a day at work taking more staff on to take some stress off. Ive felt much better mentally and things are heading the right way on the love front

So glad things are looking up for you xx"

Thankyou lovely, im taking your advice now

"Yes very work wise won 3 new contracts in one area of work & ive been unindated with financial & business restructuring advice & requests so that sides been busy parents farm has become very very busy and created more jobs so a massive thankyou to brexit from me only down side is personal life has been well far too busy thanks to the above... so next year im dropping a day at work taking more staff on to take some stress off. Ive felt much better mentally and things are heading the right way on the love front

There's lots for you to be positive about then,if you could bottle some of it and send it my way I'd be very grateful."

Thankyou, its a damn site better than where i was this time last year, sending positive vibes your way x

Mayfair

"Personally it’s been a fantastic year, I’ve had some really good meets and made some truly amazing friends. I was fortunate to meet most of them last weekend and I look forward to next year.

I’ve explored and tried new things that have opened doors as well as learning and moving on from others.

Not everyday has been fantastic, but I’ve kept positive thoughts because they create positive things "

It's brilliant to hear about the fruits of your labour from this place; 'really pleased for you mate.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I waffled a lot

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

A bit of both ….

It’s been a stressful but good year work wise

Personally it’s been tinged with sadness as my Dad passed away, my mojo got up and left but I guess 2022 will be a start again opportunity and I’m thankful for another year

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

It’s been the most spectacular second half to the year . A life changing 6 months actually

"A bit of both ….

Personally it’s been tinged with sadness as my Dad passed away, my mojo got up and left but I guess 2022 will be a start again opportunity and I’m thankful for another year "

Mayfair

"A bit of both ….

Personally it’s been tinged with sadness as my Dad passed away, my mojo got up and left but I guess 2022 will be a start again opportunity and I’m thankful for another year "

Sorry to hear that Cougs.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"A bit of both ….

I’m so sorry for your loss I hope 2022 brings you some joy x

On paper it's been pretty successful, couple of big achievements, but it's felt stressful AF in reality!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My Grandad died

My Dad was diagnosed with dementia and is going downhill

I've worked incessantly

I did at least one day a week vaccinating from March to September, plus bank hols

I did Park"run" on wheels

Wheelchair basketball didn't really get back up and running

Today is my 5yr injury-versary

It's been a mixed bag

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Been more of a sink than a drift.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Meh, more of a plod along really. Work has been tough. I haven't moved up the ladder.

"My Grandad died

I've worked incessantly

I did at least one day a week vaccinating from March to September, plus bank hols

It's been a mixed bag"

Sorry to hear about your granddad & dad

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My Grandad died

I've worked incessantly

It's been a mixed bag

Sorry to hear about your granddad & dad "

Thank you. I was reminded about my Grandad this morning, as I was driving over to my Dad's actually. A song on the radio started with a solo oboe and it was enough to kick me in the feels. Grandad was amazing oboist.

To be honest not really. Just trying to pull things together atm so I can start off the new year on a high note.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I've made lots of new friends so yes, I'd say that was successful as friendships mean a lot to me.

Been a horrible year lost my mum. Surely next year must be better?

"I've made lots of new friends so yes, I'd say that was successful as friendships mean a lot to me. "

Your year is about to get better

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I need to try and not spend so much time alone next year

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Nope not even a look

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"A bit of both ….

Personally it’s been tinged with sadness as my Dad passed away, my mojo got up and left but I guess 2022 will be a start again opportunity and I’m thankful for another year

I’m so sorry for your loss I hope 2022 brings you some joy x"

Thank you

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"A bit of both ….

Sorry to hear that Cougs. "

Thank you

Escaped an abusive relationship, lost 2 stone in fat, gained a stone back in muscle, new job with a pay rise and company car.

If it wasnt for covid I'd say this is the best time of my life.

Mayfair

Having read some of the more heartfelt and endearing replies on here - those who have lost loved ones, been affected by consequential life changes, moved jobs to be in a much happier place, 'resolved' relationship issues...I will say that for me it's been an ok 2021. And I should be thankful for that.

But I'm looking forward to 2022 with much gusto!

"Been a horrible year lost my mum. Surely next year must be better?"

"No, utter shit.

It can only get better...or can it.

I'm so sorry to hear that."

Thank you x

Professionally it has and both my kids are healthy, happy and thriving at university. My love life is still disastrous but I’m healthy, I have food on the table and a roof over my head so it’s definitely been successful, and I’m eternally grateful.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Year has gone quick that's all I can say.

By *adHatter_RestrainedAliceCouple  over a year ago

In The Hills

A complete mix.

We lost 2 very close family members. So been very hard. My health has been a complete roller coaster.

On a positive we got married in August

I got a fabulous promotion at work. Our family are closer than ever and we have each other which is the most important thing.

Alice x

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Despite getting Covid it's been q brilliant year

- Had epic nights out in Manchester & Liverpool

- Had epic mind blowing meets with some amazing couples

- Visited Snowdonia did zipwire, cave exploring and hiking

- Went skydiving

- & did track day at Mercedes World

So yeah it's been a good year this 1

By *not123Couple  over a year ago

sp1

Job been exhausting

I so hope you do,it sounds like it couldn't be much worse so next year

will be your time to smile."

Thank you I hope so, only time I seem to smile is when I need up with p for coffee n sport hobby we so.when changed jobs some of old friends disappeared so no socialising so stuck in a house with someone who wont hardly talk to me and has told me he doesn't love me. Said he needed time but put no effort in, never cuddles me kiss me share a bed he sleeps on ghe edge all dejavu from previous husband so yes I do hope next year is better

Onestepoutofthedoor

Job been exhausting

I so hope you do,it sounds like it couldn't be much worse so next year

will be your time to smile.

Thank you I hope so, only time I seem to smile is when I need up with p for coffee n sport hobby we so.when changed jobs some of old friends disappeared so no socialising so stuck in a house with someone who wont hardly talk to me and has told me he doesn't love me. Said he needed time but put no effort in, never cuddles me kiss me share a bed he sleeps on ghe edge all dejavu from previous husband so yes I do hope next year is better "

That's awful I don't miss the complexities of a relationship one bit,I'd rather stay single for the rest of my life. Do you still want him?

In general I think this year has gone well.

Despite the horrific news I was loosing my home of 6 years we have moved somewhere even better. I've survived a pretty tough year at work with a new job starting in January. My boys are doing well, school finally seems to be working in a way that is right for my youngest, my middle son is starting to find his confidence more and now even has his first part time job, and his exams are going well. My eldest passed his driving test, settled in to his new home and is continuing to do well. Me, I performed in the fringe which was the most incredible experience. I know I'm very very lucky. And that despite my struggles I have all of those amazing things to be thankful for.

I'm trying very hard to keep my focus on those positive things to build on for next year

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

I've had a pretty good year.

Got a bit of my sanity back.

4 years ago I did retire from work at the age of 52, I did think good times are here as most would, but not really.

After the novelty wesrs off you get stuck in a rut, most people I know from my generation are still working n not seeing any workmates my social circle just got smaller n smaller n started to affect my mental health.

Then one day out of the blue got a phone call with a job offer.

So now got a great job, few people under me so I don't have to kill myself at work n now with the extra income I bought another house n rent it out very cheaply to my kids, so this has been a very good year for me.

Got order back into my life, me n the wife have got the house back to ourselves after 25 years n made a nice little investment to help the kids out in the future.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We have had quite a good year, we’ve obviously not been able to travel like we usually do so missed that but we spent lots of weeks in the lakes enjoying being on the water

I know there’s a little left of this year and hope it’s an enjoyable Christmas for everyone but here’s hoping 2022 will be a good one for all xx

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"I've made lots of new friends so yes, I'd say that was successful as friendships mean a lot to me.

Your year is about to get better "

Well that sounds exciting!

2021 has been a rather good one, I found my long lost libido and confidence and in doing so our marriage got 100% better, we feel like giddy teenagers again. Also met some lovely people off fab.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"In general I think this year has gone well.

Despite the horrific news I was loosing my home of 6 years we have moved somewhere even better. I've survived a pretty tough year at work with a new job starting in January. My boys are doing well, school finally seems to be working in a way that is right for my youngest, my middle son is starting to find his confidence more and now even has his first part time job, and his exams are going well. My eldest passed his driving test, settled in to his new home and is continuing to do well. Me, I performed in the fringe which was the most incredible experience. I know I'm very very lucky. And that despite my struggles I have all of those amazing things to be thankful for.

I'm trying very hard to keep my focus on those positive things to build on for next year "

That sounds a pretty damn good year!