FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mental health (this isn’t for attention)

Mental health (this isn’t for attention)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was speaking to a woman the other day on here and she said you’ve been quiet so I said I suffer with depression and was having a low day. She then went totally different personality wise towards me and said oh you’re one of those looks for attention mental health isn’t real and you should man up?!

I haven’t said anything because I felt like crap but is this not the reason why people do bad things?!! Sorry but had to get it off of my chest

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This makes me so mad. Sorry you’re struggling OP. I hate the whole “man up” thing. Like men don’t have enough pressure with the toxic masculinity cultural norms jeez. Well done you for speaking out and for taking time for yourself, self care is so important. X

[Removed by poster at 14/12/21 12:56:02]

"This makes me so mad. Sorry you’re struggling OP. I hate the whole “man up” thing. Like men don’t have enough pressure with the toxic masculinity cultural norms jeez. Well done you for speaking out and for taking time for yourself, self care is so important. X"

Thank you honestly I just dont understand some people like I get she might not want to speak to someone who suffers but the way it was put across towards me just felt so horrible!

"This makes me so mad. Sorry you’re struggling OP. I hate the whole “man up” thing. Like men don’t have enough pressure with the toxic masculinity cultural norms jeez. Well done you for speaking out and for taking time for yourself, self care is so important. X

Thank you honestly I just dont understand some people like I get she might not want to speak to someone who suffers but the way it was put across towards me just felt so horrible!"

Not worth your time at all x

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Omg how rude! I know how it feels bless you. How are you attention seeking just for showing your emotions? Well she is ignorant, Real men are allowed to struggle and show their emotions.

I'm very sorry to hear that OP. I think unless you've experienced a mental health issue either an acute episode or something long term then you are unable to understand let alone empathise. However, if you have that experience there is no explanation needed.

I hope you can process, accept and move on from that experience.

(LOVE)

That’s sucks that you had that sort of reaction. She needs to educate herself.

Not with your time and go's bless her if she thinks it's not real and attention selling. Some people just don't understand.

I used to get oh pull yourself together people worse off etc from a family member, to this day hasn't a clue of how low I got or how close I was to the edge but thankfully friends and other family were there.

Stay strong and anytime you want to chat drop us a pm

Making herself feel superior by putting other's down, your better off not engaging with a clown like that.

Was she fit though?

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I'm sorry that happened. No one should speak to you like that.

There'll be lots of folk along now who you can reach out to, who'll genuinely try to help. That's what's great about this site.

Take care & be kind to yourself & you'll get through it xx

That was a nasty thing to say to you OP. I too suffer with depression so you're not alone. The reason people say these things is because they actually fear what they don't understand. Take care OP x

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Wow she said it isn't real, she should spend a day in a head that suffers from it. I would have just blocked her.

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

I get it. Slightly different angle.

But they’ll love how quirky I am, creative and forward/upfront.

As the conversation progresses I reveal I’m autistic, that’s why I display some of things they really like in me. Then they just vanish.

It’s almost like a deep set stigma they have. Regardless of if they get on with you or not. The preconceptions over rule the actual experience.

And some people just don’t accept MH issues as serious. Which isn’t helped by other belittling them such as, oh it’s just my OCD when normally rclwaning a house. For example.

Please don’t take their ignorant words to heart. You were saved a bigger heartbreak by attaching to them then realising their faults.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Markfield

Sending supportive hugs. Humans can be such idiots. I think you are amazing for being open about your mental health situation

By *JAM...Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

Keep your head up buddy we all have deamons.

some people on fab can't see beyond there own nose and the % of people who can don't care about your problems beacouse there too self absorbed in what they want.

Value yourself and just be you don't care about what others think, sometimes you just go quiet I understand I'm like that too.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Some people are lucky enough not to suffer. My dad never had a headache in his life but he didn't deny the existence of head pain.

OP there are a lot of people here you can reach out to who totally get it.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"I was speaking to a woman the other day on here and she said you’ve been quiet so I said I suffer with depression and was having a low day. She then went totally different personality wise towards me and said oh you’re one of those looks for attention mental health isn’t real and you should man up?!

I haven’t said anything because I felt like crap but is this not the reason why people do bad things?!! Sorry but had to get it off of my chest"

Well that’s the type of person you don’t want to give your time to, hit the block button on her and try not to think about it, chat with those that lift your spirits and give you that little smile, take care of yourself xx

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

No it's not attention seeking have a daughter suffers with depression! Wish I knew how to help her I really do x

Honestly thank you everyone for the kind words honestly makes me feel so much better knowing that people do understand and how low we can all really get sometimes!!

She definitely is blocked and I hope she gets deleted from this site!!

If anyone needs a chat or anything honestly I know how it feels to feel alone and my emails are welcome from all to have a chat!!

"No it's not attention seeking have a daughter suffers with depression! Wish I knew how to help her I really do x"

Cognitive therapy and medication worked for me.

By *eisty LadyWoman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

Hope you’re having a better day

That woman needs to give her head a wobble -that and the ‘chin up’ attitude doesn’t help those who a truly struggling

I have a mostly hidden illness and have had countless people question whether I’m genuinely ill as they can’t ‘see’ it.

One manager said to me she couldn’t tell if I was faking it or not - despite 20 medical reports obtained by employers confirming my medical status

Some people are just arseholes - block and delete them … I have no place for rude or negative people in my life that will impact negatively on the positive vibrations I am trying to engage

ashford

"No it's not attention seeking have a daughter suffers with depression! Wish I knew how to help her I really do x

Cognitive therapy and medication worked for me. "

She was on tablets a while back doc recommended talking to therapist but she wont shes a very private person if that makes sense x

Fortunately not everyone is an idiot honey. Don't let anyone invalidate how you feel. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

"No it's not attention seeking have a daughter suffers with depression! Wish I knew how to help her I really do x

She was on tablets a while back doc recommended talking to therapist but she wont shes a very private person if that makes sense x"

Bless her!! I hope she starts to open up and see that people are around to give her all the support she needs

ashford

And big virtual hugs op xx

She was on tablets a while back doc recommended talking to therapist but she wont shes a very private person if that makes sense x

Bless her!! I hope she starts to open up and see that people are around to give her all the support she needs"

ashford

Bless her!! I hope she starts to open up and see that people are around to give her all the support she needs"

It's very difficult not knowing the right things to say! I inevitably say the wrong thing tbh x

Maybe fab should have a separate section for mental health issues? Only because it seems some people on here get scared or confused on how to deal with someone saying I have mental health issues....

"Maybe fab should have a separate section for mental health issues? Only because it seems some people on here get scared or confused on how to deal with someone saying I have mental health issues...."

100000% that would be such a good idea

She was on tablets a while back doc recommended talking to therapist but she wont shes a very private person if that makes sense x"

Plenty of different medications out there just finding the right one can completely change a person. If the current ones she is taking are not helping it's best to try another or alternatively therapy may be the best thing if you can talk her round.

Some folk just don’t understand depression because it’s not a physical illness that can be seen or they’ve never had it to understand it, But would they tell someone who’s suffers from a physical illness to just shake it off no because that’s never heard of. As long as you have the support you need around op I wouldn’t give a second thought of what someone thinks who doesn’t understand it.

Bad form,,, shame her

I hope she never has the misfortune of this horrid condition

Good luck fella OP

By *JAM...Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

I wanna try getting discord groups made for fab that swingers can go just to hang out and be real people and talk about anything if they need to but I would need good admin and tec savi people with me to make it work. I've helped set up mental health help groups before within discord and they can work really well. If anyone else wants to get in on this let me know. Fab is so outdates a mental heal section would be great but it will never work well on this browser

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I was speaking to a woman the other day on here and she said you’ve been quiet so I said I suffer with depression and was having a low day. She then went totally different personality wise towards me and said oh you’re one of those looks for attention mental health isn’t real and you should man up?!

I haven’t said anything because I felt like crap but is this not the reason why people do bad things?!! Sorry but had to get it off of my chest"

It’s a useful filter.

Personally I think that there’s little more destructive to the psyche than the term ‘man up’

What in the absolute fuck? Mental health isnt real and its just attention seeking?

What a vile woman.

ashford

Plenty of different medications out there just finding the right one can completely change a person. If the current ones she is taking are not helping it's best to try another or alternatively therapy may be the best thing if you can talk her round."

Yes for sure the ones she was on were no help if anything made her feel worse! She is not taking any at the moment x

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

Sounds like you dodged a bullet there with her.

I have depression as well as being on the autism spectrum, so I have days where I'm not as active in certain things. And this time of year, since I work retail, there are times I'm not as social with people I don't know.

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Sounds like you dodged a bullet there with her.

I have depression as well as being on the autism spectrum, so I have days where I'm not as active in certain things. And this time of year, since I work retail, there are times I'm not as social with people I don't know."

Christ how are you even on here. Retail would drain me completely. Especially now.

I’m lucky I have my own cavernous office. One low light. I control the environment and limit external stimulation while my colleagues can still readily come to me for guidance.

Bit like Noel Fielding in the IT crowd.

Hope you blocked the insensitive cow. Mental health is real. More so now than ever before. You dnt need anyone saying that to you. Hope you are ok OP.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I have a colleague who doesn't believe that mental health issues are a thing...it always boils my blood when he jokes about it.

Hope you're feeling better soon OP.

K

there’s a lot of people who understand you and willing to help negative people are not good , keep that chin up and I’m sure we will all listen to your problems to help out x

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

My inbox is open if you, or anyone, ever need a chat, a safe space to vent or just feel like you want to be heard

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

A lot of people dismiss mental health as some “fad” thing, unfortunately this view is helped by people who genuinely treat it as a fashion accessory.

It’s not right at all & sadly I too have been on the receiving end of the same abuse as you, best thing I would recommend is to block & move on, people like that don’t deserve 5 minutes more of your time.

I spent years with someone like this. She was going through mental health issues before we met. These reappeared a couple of years into our relationship. I tried to comfort her she would always say she is fine but then used it against me to say I was not understanding enough. She would never open up to me, which was frustrating. The little she did open I could understand why she had these mental health issues going on but then there was lots she didn't open up about which I later found out. People that knew her would say she was the creator of her own mental health issues with the choices she had made in her life. I had entered into a world of her web of lies and deceit.

I honestly did not know how to deal with things.

This impacted the relationship and my own mental health.

Life changed and when I would say I was struggling with my mental health with all the things I was having to deal with. Her reply to me would be 'Man up'

I live and learn

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

"Sounds like you dodged a bullet there with her.

I have depression as well as being on the autism spectrum, so I have days where I'm not as active in certain things. And this time of year, since I work retail, there are times I'm not as social with people I don't know.

Christ how are you even on here. Retail would drain me completely. Especially now.

I’m lucky I have my own cavernous office. One low light. I control the environment and limit external stimulation while my colleagues can still readily come to me for guidance.

Bit like Noel Fielding in the IT crowd."

It's just something I've always lived with. Plus I do find socializing online easier, but the harder days I stick with people I know on here

Hi!!

Just wanted to pop up to suggest Andys Man club especially because of the work they do to reverse this attitude to men's mental health. Hope you get the help you need... sending love!

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I hope you are feeling better OP. I guess it can be difficult for those that have never experienced it to understand, but none-the-less she could still have been a little less "attack dog" and go and research these things.

You are better off without that one!

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Sorry to hear you struggle with mental health, I hope you have people around you who support you. As for the way that person spoke to you, she has done you a favour. You don't need poisonous people like that in your life.

I hope you can find many brighter days ahead, just keep plodding on a day at a time, an hour at a time on your bad days. Go easy on yourself and take no notice of any negative folk on here.

Look after yourself

"This makes me so mad. Sorry you’re struggling OP. I hate the whole “man up” thing. Like men don’t have enough pressure with the toxic masculinity cultural norms jeez. Well done you for speaking out and for taking time for yourself, self care is so important. X"

This 100% ive had my struggles the past 3 year attempting to take my life twice, im coming out the other side now and only today im seeing someone i know (through the car scene) has killed himself. It really saddens me to see this and trust me it does get better. What really pisses me off is the prehistoric attitude many have.. and you know those that have that attitude arnt worth shi7, your better off without them.

She sounds like a proper tit. chin up op bullet dodged

"She sounds like a proper tit. chin up op bullet dodged "

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

PMT is just an a excuse to be a grumpy bitch and eat chocolate.

Show her that and watch her explode!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Wow... Having lost male friends to suicide, I really admire your honesty. I wish they'd had the same courage to speak up.

As for that woman, she ought to be ashamed.

Peterborough

I've been on the happy pills for years and will never get back on them.

She can cause people to top themselves with that attitude.

Some people deserve a slap for being heartless like that.

(Did I just type that out aloud?)

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

I love how going quiet is described as attention seeking

Fellow depressive here. The last thing I want when I'm really low is attention! Yes, I could reply to you, but if I do I won't have the energy to brush my teeth... So, either way, we ain't meeting right now!

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

"She sounds like a proper tit. chin up op bullet dodged "
I'd say a c***

[Removed by poster at 17/12/21 22:20:27]

"Making herself feel superior by putting other's down, your better off not engaging with a clown like that.

Was she fit though? "

Not fit to comment, that's for certain !

By *lasphemouscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

So sorry you had this reaction Op. Mental health is no joke, it's something that needs sympathy and understanding not berating!

Hope you are feeling better though.

It's definitely not attention seeking to need a little space or to withdraw from conversations, quite the opposite.

Peterborough

Well at least you are married to that bitch! That would be depressing for sure, I know ho toxicity can push people...

"I spent years with someone like this. She was going through mental health issues before we met. These reappeared a couple of years into our relationship. I tried to comfort her she would always say she is fine but then used it against me to say I was not understanding enough. She would never open up to me, which was frustrating. The little she did open I could understand why she had these mental health issues going on but then there was lots she didn't open up about which I later found out. People that knew her would say she was the creator of her own mental health issues with the choices she had made in her life. I had entered into a world of her web of lies and deceit.

Life changed and when I would say I was struggling with my mental health with all the things I was having to deal with. Her reply to me would be 'Man up'

I live and learn "

Are you saying her mental health issues were her own fault and your mental health issues were her fault too?

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced this, please don't let it put you off, some people are just ignorant and uneducated. I'm more than happy to chat if you ever need a friend just know there's always help out there. I hope you are OK and have some good solid people around you x Take care

By *issYeuxBleusWoman  over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

"Honestly thank you everyone for the kind words honestly makes me feel so much better knowing that people do understand and how low we can all really get sometimes!!

She definitely is blocked and I hope she gets deleted from this site!!

If anyone needs a chat or anything honestly I know how it feels to feel alone and my emails are welcome from all to have a chat!!"

You are clearly a very special person to be offering to chat when you’re suffering yourself.

Don’t let one narrow minded person on fab interrupt your self nurturing.

Sending support. X

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Don't let some idiot put you down mate. I suffer from depression, anxiety and stress what a mixture and to top it I am ocd. Only those who actually have mental health issues will totally understand you.

Feel free to message if ever you want to chat mate

"I spent years with someone like this. She was going through mental health issues before we met. These reappeared a couple of years into our relationship. I tried to comfort her she would always say she is fine but then used it against me to say I was not understanding enough. She would never open up to me, which was frustrating. The little she did open I could understand why she had these mental health issues going on but then there was lots she didn't open up about which I later found out. People that knew her would say she was the creator of her own mental health issues with the choices she had made in her life. I had entered into a world of her web of lies and deceit.

I live and learn

Are you saying her mental health issues were her own fault and your mental health issues were her fault too?"

People that knew her better than me would say it. I kept believing her and tried to support her, she didn't need it.

When the truths started to come out it did affect my mental health. When you realise you have been lied to for so many years.

I take full responsibility, I should have walked away at the first red flag.

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Dudley

Heres the thing I've found regarding mental health, the more convincing your mask is the deeper the drama gets...

Like you OP I'm not seeking any kind words of sympathy and sure as hell would never want to be seen as an attention getter but as most who've ever read some of my posts know I had a son who suffered with depression.

People didn't believe him at first, he'd inherited an incredibly huge sum of money from a lottery jackpot winning great grandmother and with that amount at his disposal most dismissed his warning signs as attention grabbing, we all think money solves everything don't we..?

His depression quickly turned to addictions which resulted in numerous hospitalizations where his life hung by a thread, and I became very accustomed to ICU departments and holding his hand for days hoping he'd wake up as visiting hours didn't apply to me, and nurses who couldn't leave his bedside for a second.

It turned out that these times weren't accidental but failed attempts at taking his life.

I knew only of the last 2 of them but there were actually 6 inside a 12 months period, sadly aged 27 he was successful on his 7th attempt and was discovered in a hostel for the homeless not 5 minutes from one of the houses he owned surrounded by pictures of me.

I made sure his crack addiction was attended too by checking him into a private rehab clinic 6 months before and I might be clutching at the straws of positivity here but I'm proud to say there was only a trace of a softer drug in his body when he died which I assume he took to mask the pain.

His personality was very much like mine outwardly, one of humour and positivity to the extent that you simply would never believe his depression was so bad, I even told him if he didn't kick that habit and his heart stopped beating then mine would too, he was all I had that I loved in my life and it was only by reading a diary he kept during his rehab did I know how after his death how bad his mental health had been.

I've carried this for 17 months now, relived over and over conversations, keep reading texts and WhatsApp messages looking and finding clues to how down he was secretly feeling and tbh I still breathe because of a handful of fab friends to who I owe everything because they're all i have.

After 2 more life changing dramas since I've now asked for the professional help my son should've gotten last year. My positivity has got me so far but there are things I think I'm not coping too well with and the hospital referral has been made.

If someone has the bravery to stand up and admit to the things they're dealing with they need to be applauded and listened too, who really knows what any of us cope with and carry on broad shoulders, his problems would seem nothing to most yet to him they were everything and certainly enough to make so he couldn't bear this world any longer.

No matter how stupid you think your problems are there is great strength to be found in admitting your weakness, everyone has them. And should someone ever trusts you by revealing them then the least you can do is listen without prejudice...

One

By *asters_kittenCouple  over a year ago

Luton

I personally suffered with depression for a few years.

My daughter suffers with it also huge anxiety and panic attacks.

Let's hope this lady never has a shitty day where even thinking of getting out of bed is a task, depression, anxiety there is a huge spectrum. Everyone has their own way of coping and if they can not then I am hoping they all have so.eone to speak with and seek the help they need.

I know many people who can be so happy and high like one day and totally dissappear off the face of the earth next.

It feels absolutely awful to watch people you care about or love go through this.

People should never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.

Every person knows a different version of us even our closest family and friends.

We never know what is going on in another person's day or what demons they are battling.

Just simply be kind, if someone has depression they are no different to anyone else, treat them exactly how you expect to be treated.

Sorry the cow was so rude hun.

Same here, inbox always open, I can talk a glass eye to sleep mind.... Haha

Kitten x x x

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"Heres the thing I've found regarding mental health, the more convincing your mask is the deeper the drama gets...

Like you OP I'm not seeking any kind words of sympathy and sure as hell would never want to be seen as an attention getter but as most who've ever read some of my posts know I had a son who suffered with depression.

People didn't believe him at first, he'd inherited an incredibly huge sum of money from a lottery jackpot winning great grandmother and with that amount at his disposal most dismissed his warning signs as attention grabbing, we all think money solves everything don't we..?

His depression quickly turned to addictions which resulted in numerous hospitalizations where his life hung by a thread, and I became very accustomed to ICU departments and holding his hand for days hoping he'd wake up as visiting hours didn't apply to me, and nurses who couldn't leave his bedside for a second.

It turned out that these times weren't accidental but failed attempts at taking his life.

I knew only of the last 2 of them but there were actually 6 inside a 12 months period, sadly aged 27 he was successful on his 7th attempt and was discovered in a hostel for the homeless not 5 minutes from one of the houses he owned surrounded by pictures of me.

I made sure his crack addiction was attended too by checking him into a private rehab clinic 6 months before and I might be clutching at the straws of positivity here but I'm proud to say there was only a trace of a softer drug in his body when he died which I assume he took to mask the pain.

His personality was very much like mine outwardly, one of humour and positivity to the extent that you simply would never believe his depression was so bad, I even told him if he didn't kick that habit and his heart stopped beating then mine would too, he was all I had that I loved in my life and it was only by reading a diary he kept during his rehab did I know how after his death how bad his mental health had been.

I've carried this for 17 months now, relived over and over conversations, keep reading texts and WhatsApp messages looking and finding clues to how down he was secretly feeling and tbh I still breathe because of a handful of fab friends to who I owe everything because they're all i have.

After 2 more life changing dramas since I've now asked for the professional help my son should've gotten last year. My positivity has got me so far but there are things I think I'm not coping too well with and the hospital referral has been made.

If someone has the bravery to stand up and admit to the things they're dealing with they need to be applauded and listened too, who really knows what any of us cope with and carry on broad shoulders, his problems would seem nothing to most yet to him they were everything and certainly enough to make so he couldn't bear this world any longer.

No matter how stupid you think your problems are there is great strength to be found in admitting your weakness, everyone has them. And should someone ever trusts you by revealing them then the least you can do is listen without prejudice...

One "

Beautifully put, from what must be a painful place. Thanks for sharing

I'm sorry this happened to you and I really hope this doesn't put you off opening up in the future. In my experience those that dismiss mental health issues and climate to be fake are normally struggling themselves but in denial. I really hope you are feeling a bit better today and please continue to enjoy the sight and not be put off by this one person's Lack of education and empathy in relation to mental health.

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Sending love to all who have been or are going through tough times because of mental health issues.

OP, something that has helped me enormously is learning that people project out what is going on inside them, so many times it has nothing to do with us at all. If you can see any issues in situations like this as belonging to the other person then it goes a long way to easing the pressure we put on ourselves.

I’m sorry you’re struggling x

The whole man up thing is disgusting mental health is mental health whatever your gender as someone who struggled during childhood depression, anxiety, emotional unstable personality disorder and chronic PTSD along with suicide attempts it's really important to seek support please ignore her and keep talking

"Heres the thing I've found regarding mental health, the more convincing your mask is the deeper the drama gets...

One "

Peterborough

"Well at least you are married to that bitch! That would be depressing for sure, I know ho toxicity can push people..."

Should read ARE NOT.

Fat fingers!

Peterborough

"No it's not attention seeking have a daughter suffers with depression! Wish I knew how to help her I really do x"

Try and look at it holistically, things like blood tests can speak volumes, when read properly.

Sorry to hear OP that you were having a low day(s). Self care is required and should be administered - I'm sure moreso in today's Covid climate, people are way more affected than they are letting. ((((hugs))))

She was insensitive and dismissive to you. Perhaps she was kinda scared and not knowing how to react (but reacted appallingly).

I'd be giving myself "space" from her.....

By *d68Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

Fuck that. Long winded I know stay with me. Former soldier here op, not looking for sympathy/kudos, or thanks I’ve done my duty! I am saying this because I’ve been through first gulf war (didn’t see action), Afghanistan (had to contend with ied’s), Iraq 03-04. Was forced to take Lariam/mefloquine (look it up),caught in ambush on the way to Saddam international airport (Baghdad international airport now) to recover a disabled cargo trailer ( yes you read that correctly)

I hunk of metal was more important than the lives of the soldiers from our recovery section tasked with this mission.

Mental health issues are real, I have PTSD, depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation (from the side effects of mefloquine. Depression is like a black hole that’s the best way I can describe it . I’d suck every bit of good in your life as well as those around, leaving you numb and to apathetic to life in general. You can’t know how real it is until you experience it first hand. If you need to talk pm me, I’ll give you my number and we can chat mate. Chin up, one hour at a time.

» Add a new message to this topic