FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > new boiler.(not installed as yet)

new boiler.(not installed as yet)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i posted recently about a new boiler which is to go into my son's bedroom. Its a new combi.the gas engineer wanted the whole room emptied.however i cannot do that. I have had moved a wardrobe. A cabinet.bags of clothes a large telly. There is a single bed and a couch in. I have nowhere to move these to.now am worried the gas man wont do the job? What do i do if he wont?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

At a guess, At the moment the gas boiler is situated in another location, other than your sons bedroom. If that is the case. He will need access under the floor,to connect up to the flow and return pipes. plus the domestic hot water pipe. And a cold water supply. plus a power source for the boiler. So a few floor boards need to come up. That is the reason for clearing the room. I almost forgot. A hole will need to be drilled through the wall for the flue. And that is very dusty dusty dusty.

By *arkSuitedBootedMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

Put it in the loft

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

not sure i would want a boiler in a bedroom tbh, suprised they are even alowd to install one there

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

You could possibly upend the bed and cut it's footprint on the floor significantly.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

gas man being a pain.i have moved all i can possibly move.and i have an old back boiler which is behind the old gas fire in the living room.the gas supply comes from under the living room window and my sons bedroom is above.i have no say in the matter as to where the boiler goes as am a tenant to a private landlord

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don’t see how the gas man is being a pain. He’s doing the job required, and letting you know what he needs to get the job done quickly and efficiently. You’ve known he was coming for quite a while. You could have planned to have enlisted some help to move the furniture around.

It's going to be a pain, but there's nothing you can do. To some extent asking for an empty room (if they have) is to make their lives easier. As mentioned before as they will need to take floorboards up, and run pipes from the old location to the new as that's where the water/gas etc come on, and they don't know which way round the boards run - you may get away with it and be able to move stuff to one side if they run in the direction of the empty half of the room, but you might not be lucky, unfortunately there's no way to know and you can slow things down considerably if they have to play room twister with the contents. It's annoying as F, but necessary. I can't think of another job that is more disruptive than moving the heating system to another part of the house, you have just been unlucky, but the tradespeople doing the job will have done these all the time, and you do need to trust that they ask for a reason, and are not just being twats for fun, they want to be out of there and onto the next job, they won't be paid by the hour...

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Depending on the type of single bed certain ones can be left for sleeping and moved when they start the job.

Though just as easy to move the bed and throw the matress onto the floor just like camping

move it when they first arrive.

A couch stand it on its end in a different area.

Your place is to make it easy enough for him to do the change quick enough so your not left in a cold situation.

Depending on your boiler being fitted its either 3 pipes or 5 pipes

2 central heating pipes and one gas pipe to be plumbed in, 2 more for hot and cold pipes

"i posted recently about a new boiler which is to go into my son's bedroom. Its a new combi.the gas engineer wanted the whole room emptied.however i cannot do that. I have had moved a wardrobe. A cabinet.bags of clothes a large telly. There is a single bed and a couch in. I have nowhere to move these to.now am worried the gas man wont do the job? What do i do if he wont?"

Did it get fitted ok? Is it all sorted now and nice and warm?

» Add a new message to this topic