FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Homophobia in the police department

Homophobia in the police department

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

The serial killer that killed five gay men was not investigated properly due to homophobic people

Discuss...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

STOKE ON TRENT

Failings contributed to the cases of these poor guys

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its likely, not everyone in the police is a morally correct person with acceptable points of view. And likewise youre bound to be getting some ppl who shirk their duties or deliberately fail to carry out a job due to their own opinions if its related to something theyre firmly against

STOKE ON TRENT

"Its likely, not everyone in the police is a morally correct person with acceptable points of view. And likewise youre bound to be getting some ppl who shirk their duties or deliberately fail to carry out a job due to their own opinions if its related to something theyre firmly against"

True but they did not care

STOKE ON TRENT

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

In the last 20 years I have seen a massive change in attitudes towards the LGBTQI community. Plenty of gay people in my office and my recent new partner took to me telling her I crossdress really well.

So just like my office and people around me are more accepting I don’t think the Police as a whole are homophobic. Individual Officers maybe, but as a whole I think the overtly macho attitude will have died out a bit.

I have met Police Officers dressed and they’re a lot more respectful now than previously.

I think as what I read in the news, they had a large workload and the Officers were incompetent especially with some evidence and location to the murderer.I think that’s closer to why he wasn’t caught sooner, than all the Officers or some were homophobic.

STOKE ON TRENT

"In the last 20 years I have seen a massive change in attitudes towards the LGBTQI community. Plenty of gay people in my office and my recent new partner took to me telling her I crossdress really well.

So just like my office and people around me are more accepting I don’t think the Police as a whole are homophobic. Individual Officers maybe, but as a whole I think the overtly macho attitude will have died out a bit.

I have met Police Officers dressed and they’re a lot more respectful now than previously.

I think as what I read in the news, they had a large workload and the Officers were incompetent especially with some evidence and location to the murderer.I think that’s closer to why he wasn’t caught sooner, than all the Officers or some were homophobic. "

Xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Its likely, not everyone in the police is a morally correct person with acceptable points of view. And likewise youre bound to be getting some ppl who shirk their duties or deliberately fail to carry out a job due to their own opinions if its related to something theyre firmly against

True but they did not care"

I think for the most part, them not caring could just be an unfortunate byproduct of the issues within the department. As Steph said it could also be partly to blame on incompetence, and it would be difficult for the heads of the department to admit that as that can have an extremely profound impact on the trust and faith the public will have in the police department.

For the heads of the police department, it would be easier to let the public assume that its as a result of homophobia than outright admit that they failed to do their jobs properly, and then deal with the fallout afterwards.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Its likely, not everyone in the police is a morally correct person with acceptable points of view. And likewise youre bound to be getting some ppl who shirk their duties or deliberately fail to carry out a job due to their own opinions if its related to something theyre firmly against

True but they did not care

I think for the most part, them not caring could just be an unfortunate byproduct of the issues within the department. As Steph said it could also be partly to blame on incompetence, and it would be difficult for the heads of the department to admit that as that can have an extremely profound impact on the trust and faith the public will have in the police department.

For the heads of the police department, it would be easier to let the public assume that its as a result of homophobia than outright admit that they failed to do their jobs properly, and then deal with the fallout afterwards."

.x

» Add a new message to this topic