FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Down at Xmas

Down at Xmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ribsa OP   Man  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Anyone else find themselves a little bit down or even depressed on the build up to Xmas day or even over the whole of the Xmas period.

I don't know why but for the last 4/5 years I always feel a little down or dare I say depressed on the build up to Xmas day. I can't just put my finger on the reason for this. I don't mind shopping for presents putting up the Xmas tree and cards even cooking Xmas Dinner for the folks, girlfriend, son and myself. I just can't figure out why. I know many more people much worse off than myself so I should be happy it's weard or am I just weard.

Anyone else out there find they feel the same or am I the only one.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

You're not the only one. I've lost numerous family members over the years during December and January so the sooner February rolls around the better.

I don't get involved in putting up decorations and gift buying is done out of habit more than anything else.

Likewise with parties.

On here I don't take part in any thread that is linked to Christmas.

It used to be a much greater struggle than it is now and the dark days are behind me thankfully but those connotations just put me off the entire thing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You aren’t the only one OP. Xmas isn’t my favourite time of the year due to a few personal reasons. I make the effort for everyone I need to but I also know that my heart isn’t 100% in it and that’s ok

Its the forced expectations of happiness that can get a bit wearing. Christmas isnt a magic cheerfullness bullet. Allow your normal range of emotions.

By *ribsa OP   Man  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

"You're not the only one. I've lost numerous family members over the years during December and January so the sooner February rolls around the better.

I don't get involved in putting up decorations and gift buying is done out of habit more than anything else.

Likewise with parties.

On here I don't take part in any thread that is linked to Christmas.

It used to be a much greater struggle than it is now and the dark days are behind me thankfully but those connotations just put me off the entire thing."

Sorry for your losses and hope things continue to get better for you over time.

I to have lost family members over the years around this time of year. Maybe that could be an underlying reason for my downer on the Xmas build up and I just didn't link it.

Your definitely not alone! I’ve not enjoyed or looked forward Christmas for years, the sooner it’s over the better. I avoid all Christmas stuff as much as I can

[Removed by poster at 09/12/21 18:30:33]

» Add a new message to this topic