FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Has Fab lost it?

Has Fab lost it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I’ve been feeling this for a while now.

I remember in lockdown when I first joined there was so many people here. All wanting to chat and make plans and I’ve had plenty of fun along the way on fab. But I feel like the past few months it seems to have really changed. No one really wanting to message back anymore, and when they do most of the time it’s fakes, time wasters and dreamers.

Just wanting to get a few opinions on this, do you all agree? Or have I maybe just lost the touch lol?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You’ve been here 10 months and are giving it the ‘it isn’t what it used to be’?

Did you expect to be constantly balls deep?

It might have something to do with the fact you have been on here for nearly a year with no meets , that does put a lot of people off the profile , makes you look like a time waster or dreamer in a lot of peoples eyes . Try going to clubs and socials to make yourself known and connect with people .

Fab will always be in state of flux depending on varying factors. You have to remember more people where at home a while back and now they have returned so the traffic is lower and therefore peoples wants from fab have changed

"So I’ve been feeling this for a while now.

I remember in lockdown when I first joined there was so many people here. All wanting to chat and make plans and I’ve had plenty of fun along the way on fab. But I feel like the past few months it seems to have really changed. No one really wanting to message back anymore, and when they do most of the time it’s fakes, time wasters and dreamers.

Just wanting to get a few opinions on this, do you all agree? Or have I maybe just lost the touch lol?"

i agree

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

not being funny, but it hasnt been the same for years, and since lockdown noticably worse

Lot off people who weren’t in to the life joined up during that time

Lockdown borddom

Or thinking just because is a swingers site or as they see it instashag site

They be dripping in it witch wasn’t the case

As life returns those people are going away and some may have stuck around and got in to it but what your left with is the “ real ” people who have been hear for years before lockdown who are up for like minded fun

Possibly messaging fatigue? You're right that during lock down everyone tried to look and plan ahead. Perhaps folks are just feeling a bit urgh about it now, know I did to extent I stupidly deleted my profile.

"You’ve been here 10 months and are giving it the ‘it isn’t what it used to be’?

Did you expect to be constantly balls deep?"

Absolutely not lol? I have had meets from fab and enjoyed them, just saying recently (past 2-3 months) whenever I make plans they either seem to disappear, block you a day before meet or cancel the day of the meet. Doesn’t make much sense to me lol just seeing if anyone else was the same

Has fab lost it? No I don’t think so

Has it changed? Of course, back in lockdown there obviously were more people chatting and the forums might have been more active. Most people are back at work, meeting, going to clubs and socials.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

"Possibly messaging fatigue? You're right that during lock down everyone tried to look and plan ahead. Perhaps folks are just feeling a bit urgh about it now, know I did to extent I stupidly deleted my profile. "

we have deleated our couple profile for mainly this reason, maybe we should have hidden it instead as we had some good verifications

"Possibly messaging fatigue? You're right that during lock down everyone tried to look and plan ahead. Perhaps folks are just feeling a bit urgh about it now, know I did to extent I stupidly deleted my profile. "

Yeah you could be right. Lockdown boredom and maybe people are still not fully comfortable going out for meets just yet which is fully understandable.

Fab has always ebbed and flowed, people put in and take from it what they need at a particular time.

I personally go through phases of not feeling the love for chats from the cold callers who randomly message but I am happy to chat with forum folk. Then sometimes I can't be bothered with any chatting and am only interested in a little social interaction on the forum and other times I lurk around the forum and perv in the chatrooms. It all depends on my mood and amount of effort I want to put in and whatever is going on in the real world.

OP you have just noticed a natural change, believe me it comes back. I have been here for 9 years and I rather like the little changes it goes through.

NBVN x

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"You’ve been here 10 months and are giving it the ‘it isn’t what it used to be’?

Did you expect to be constantly balls deep?"

To be fair. It’s never been balls deep. Lol.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t think it’s much different to the past 5 or 6 years I’ve been here. A lot of fun people have left but more nice people have joined. I think it’s me who’s changed more than fab has really.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Just wanting to get a few opinions on this, do you all agree? Or have I maybe just lost the touch lol?"

Because too large a portion on here are fakes wasters and dreamers

for men then id say a deffo yes due to the sheer numbers joining and those already here .... for womem and couples no it way way easier due to choice but and its a big but there are a lot more women and couples using the site differently that also plays against men..

dont forget the trend is more men join more women/couples leave we know loads who have left

as for us its easy as we already have a few refular playmates and if we want another then thats easy too... however i will say since the covid out break we have become way more selective than before

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

A generic profile with an avatar of the equivalent of a pair of Y fronts won't help to be fair. A profile needs to stand out.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Fab will always be in state of flux depending on varying factors. You have to remember more people where at home a while back and now they have returned so the traffic is lower and therefore peoples wants from fab have changed"

He needs a flux capacitor to get him back to when Fab was great.

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Fab will always be in state of flux depending on varying factors. You have to remember more people where at home a while back and now they have returned so the traffic is lower and therefore peoples wants from fab have changed

He needs a flux capacitor to get him back to when Fab was great."

He will have to ask Santa nicely then

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Be busy again from next week when people are working from home lol

Timewaster means different things to different people. Some people think ghosting after months of talking, others because they didn't answer one 'hi' message. You get in what you put out and if it affects your life on a daily basis, it's probably time to take a break. People need to stop treating this place as a guranteed shag and relax a little.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Has Fab lost it?

No. People come, people go. The people you were talking to, now you're not. The people you weren't talking to, now you are.

Think of this like any other online venture, when it stops being fun stop.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Why don't you contact the people you had fun with when you first joined OP and meet up with them again? Repeat meets are often much more fun when you know each other better.

I’m quite new to it and haven’t been that active tbh but I think it seems to be more only fans pushers than most other “dating apps” or sites. It’s easier to get chatting and meeting on tinder than this. Could just be me tho.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"I don’t think it’s much different to the past 5 or 6 years I’ve been here. A lot of fun people have left but more nice people have joined. I think it’s me who’s changed more than fab has really. "

I agree with this.

I also don't think lockdown was a very good representation of the workings of the site kinda thing, and as yet we're not past it. We're not back to "normal"

Plenty of people were not making plans as they were uncertain of the future, whether they'd be alive to have a future or the full impact that rona was gonna leave us with. We still don't know that impact but one thing we do know is that not all of us have made it this far and some have fallen.

By *ig_time_CharlieMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and London

I've been feeling the same and started a post on the forum about this a couple of weeks ago - "Is Fabs a busted flush"

Pretty much the same opinion as what people have said on here.

I've been on and off here with different profiles for the past 10 years or so and I actually think fabs got worse at the start of lockdown.

By *uriouscouple1123Couple  over a year ago

London

How did you have plenty of fun during a lockdown? Plus maybe they flirted because the safety of lockdown meant they couldn’t leave the house, not lockdowns lifted a grim realities hit them?

"Fab will always be in state of flux depending on varying factors. You have to remember more people where at home a while back and now they have returned so the traffic is lower and therefore peoples wants from fab have changed

He needs a flux capacitor to get him back to when Fab was great."

With a hover board?

I think Fab is the same as it's always been. I've been here almost since the begining and it's just the same as always

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Oh dear. Another one..

Okay...

Good profile required...

Networking online and offline through forums chat rooms, social gatherings and clubs.

Be seen. Be active, Be part of the community.

Gain respect, gain a network within the community. Gain opportunities to meet others.

Your welcome. Again..

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

So, what positive action do you take to get the most out of the site?

I was here three or four years ago, and it feels similar. But I'd imagine lockdown fab had a different vibe. Possibly people took different approaches to answering messages. Or getting involved in the forums. Wasn't here, couldn't tell you.

I'd give it time. There's a bit of a knack in spotting in and navigating the wrong uns.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Are you going to clubs? Socials? Parties

For us FAB is the hub where we’ll return to touch base. Where we find out where parties are, what’s going on at a club, what organised socials are happening…and also chatting to people.

FAB provides the opportunities but it’s up to you to make the most of them. Then if one well is drying up, you’ve got 3/4 other wells to fish from

K

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

My experience has been eventful,yes site or even not so much the site but loads of people have left whom I got to know.but this period has been difficult to many and few slowly showing back on the site,I myself have not arranged meets but have been chatting with few here and off here in.no rush But all good even though both gagging

Fab is only a webstite,

Maybe people made those plans and are now friends outside of the social media bubble.

I hope one day to start meeting up with people face to face as social media is fun and all, but there’s more to people than text.

I agree with the OP. Not only has it got very quiet but no one seems to be messaging over the last few months, it's all just been winks and if you wink back, they're not messaging. Even on the Scottish forum, it's very quiet there too. Not as many people chatting of late. Me thinks there's some fishy going on

» Add a new message to this topic