FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > One person from your past who you miss ...

One person from your past who you miss ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I miss C.

I used to do voluntary befriending work, for a charity that supports vulnerable women. I was matched with someone and we really hit it off from the start. We’d meet up for a couple of hours every week at the Project, and just chat. She was isolated, her mum had died, she had just had a baby, and I was someone to talk to. I loved it too.

After a couple of years when the charity ran out of funding and could no longer facilitate the meets, she and I exchanged numbers and met up like regular friends. Well, sort of, as we only ever met at my place for several reasons. We kept this up for another couple of years.

Then she moved house (still within the same city) and we had a fall out, as she went off radar and I was worried sick. She finally got in touch and promised she wouldn’t do that again. Then she did! Feeling like the relationship had run its course on her side, I stepped aside and let her get on with it.

But here’s the thing, I miss her! I miss our chats, seeing her child who I’d known since birth, and she always had my back. At this time of year particularly, we’d be chatting excitedly about what food we were going to have, our decorations, the presents we’d bought for our kids, etc.

I’m glad I knew her, and I hope she feels the same. I hope I made her realise that she was 100% worthy as a friend, and as a person in general. I hope she has made new friends, in spite of her social anxiety and acute lack of confidence.

Who do you miss from your past? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's threads like this that make me realise that I must be quite hard hearted. I don't miss anyone from my past apart from loved ones who've died.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I miss a school friend. Two school friends actually.

One of them we just drifted apart. She did say some horrible stuff about me which I could never forget but we would spend hours every night just walking, talking, laughing, crying. I miss it. I don't like the toxic person she's become though.

The other school friend was like a big sister to me. A good head on her shoulders although she was the one getting into trouble at school, I was clever enough to not get caught. She then went to college with my younger brothers. But she ended up going through cancer treatment at the same time as my brother. In the same hospital and same ward. We talked often and arranged to meet a couple of weeks later when I took my brother for his treatment. Unfortunately she passed away before we got chance to see her again.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

My best friend, unfortunately she isn't with me anymore and I wasn't ready for her to go yet. Heartbroken isn't the word

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

My oldest school friend. She told a relative she didn’t know what to say to me after my husband died. So just chose to ignore me at the worst possible time in my life. We haven’t spoken for 7/8 years

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

My ex partner the mum of my kids died this time last year from covid. We had our differences but my kids could not have had a better mum and she was a good person

My husband. Goes without saying. But he’s in the present, not past - in the faces and hearts of my beautiful children

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

The ex mother in law, I suspect if she was still alive if still be married

My old English teacher from secondary school. I'd a hard time with bullies for a couple of year's. He'd talk to me about it, real hard bastard old school teacher, told me to start defending myself not to be taking crap. He got me out of a real slump.

My friend Kris. We met when we were 16 on xbox live, we played games together all day, everyday. We became brothers though we had never met. As we got older and other aspects of life became priorities we drifted apart.

Ive kept trying to arrange for us to meet up finally after all these years but ive seen less and less enthusiasm and interest from him to finally do it.

We're still on each others friends list on social media and xbox live, but now i feel his lack of effort to contribute and communicate spells the end of our friendship.

We made many good memories together while we played games together, a dynamic duo, partners in crime, brothers in the virtual world, best friends in our teenage years. I miss those times. But unfortunately all good things come to an end. The worst part is i know he wouldnt be as upset as i would be if the friendship is ended

Sometimes, me

A girl I went out with nearly 20 years ago..

bit morbid but found out last year she’s taken her own life after a violent and abusive relationship.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

My grandmother, every day. I miss her FaceTime calls where she would try and lip read as her hearing wasn’t great, her home cooked meals, her warm hugs, her voice, her guidance…just everything about her xx

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I miss my older brother. He used to be full of life and and real joy to be around as he would do the most random things to make us laugh and you could have a great conversation with him. I don't know if it was work or just life in general but as the years have passed, he just seems to be the exact opposite where you don't want to be around him anymore as he can really bring the mood down...

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I had a very close friend, probably for many years my best friend. We'd known each other for years, but had run into some issues when I got back in touch with my dad and my friend thought I should've kept my distance (there's a whole heap of history there).

We bumped along but there was some unaccustomed tension between us. He was German and went back to visit family and he died in a car crash over there.

There was the shock of his death, then it was a very sudden Jewish funeral, so I didn't have the sort of ritual closure I'd have had from a funeral in English or a Christian funeral - not that I'm religious but I understand the symbolism and meanings of a Christian service where the Jewish symbols and rituals were alien to me.

It all left me feeling slightly adrift, and at times I can't quite believe he's not going to phone me and give me shit. He died in 2015 but I still miss him every single day. Truth told I miss him more than my dad.

I don't miss anyone from my childhood as I'm still in contact with the very few I want to be.

However, I do miss my best friend, she commited suicide four and a half years ago and not a day passes by when I don't think of her, I miss our nights at the pub together so much. She was so beautiful but never thought it.

Danish x

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

My Mom. She died 13 years ago and never got to meet her granddaughter who is like her in so many ways; they’d have had something really special.

My mum we used to speak daily and her death came as a huge shock. Since I’ve had my little boy I miss her even more as she was such a good support with my first son. It’s strange but I was worried I couldn’t do childbirth without her, when I went into the delivery suite the midwife said I could put my phone on blue tooth so I did and just put on 80s tunes from Amazon music, the first song that came on was her favourite song which we had at her funeral- I sobbed but felt so at ease as I knew she was with me

G.

My twin.

Can't put into words how it feels.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

My grandad

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Wow sorry this is such a depressing thread

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

My baby daughter x

"My friend Kris. We met when we were 16 on xbox live, we played games together all day, everyday. We became brothers though we had never met. As we got older and other aspects of life became priorities we drifted apart.

Ive kept trying to arrange for us to meet up finally after all these years but ive seen less and less enthusiasm and interest from him to finally do it.

We're still on each others friends list on social media and xbox live, but now i feel his lack of effort to contribute and communicate spells the end of our friendship.

We made many good memories together while we played games together, a dynamic duo, partners in crime, brothers in the virtual world, best friends in our teenage years. I miss those times. But unfortunately all good things come to an end. The worst part is i know he wouldnt be as upset as i would be if the friendship is ended "

He might just have life stuff going on. Don't give up on him.

My dad

"Wow sorry this is such a depressing thread"

It was never intended to be, but if that’s your perception then I can understand.

Personally, I feel quite touched that people have opened up in the way that they have.

"Wow sorry this is such a depressing thread

It was never intended to be, but if that’s your perception then I can understand.

Personally, I feel quite touched that people have opened up in the way that they have."

To have SO LITTLE respect for this thread says it all.

I find it refreshing and as stated touching.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Nobody. If someone is no longer in my life they are gone for a reason, be that on their side or mine. Relationships are transitory.

"Wow sorry this is such a depressing thread

Personally, I feel quite touched that people have opened up in the way that they have."

Ex wife

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I miss T. An amazing Kyrgyz-Russian woman who I spent a few years working with on a project, who had ice blue eyes and who changed her hair colour to suit the seasons. We spent 3 years travelling all over her fair country, laughing, working and drinking. I would fly in and out (as would she) and I was always happy to see that infectious maniacal grin that meant mischief was afoot whenever I landed.

The only person I couldn’t second guess, the only one that could say my name in a “you’re in trouble mister” kinda way. And the shock on her face when I admitted I spoke fluent Russian after 2 years was a picture, watching her wrack her brains for all the times she insulted me in her mother tongue (there were lots) and turning a blushed peach colour as I winked at her

We weren’t lovers (she wasn’t orientated towards male partners) but by the gods being around her was to feel alive, last time I saw her was 10 years or so ago, we went to see a herpetologist at London zoo, one frosty winter morning (she had a problem with snakes in one of her projects in Tanzania), walking around the zoo grounds before it opened to the public was a joy, I said goodbye to her on the bridge in London nearest the London Eye that evening and then she was gone from my life (and I from hers).

But T, your eyes put the stars to shame, forever be well, you are a cherished memory in my beautiful life x

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I miss C.

I used to do voluntary befriending work, for a charity that supports vulnerable women. I was matched with someone and we really hit it off from the start. We’d meet up for a couple of hours every week at the Project, and just chat. She was isolated, her mum had died, she had just had a baby, and I was someone to talk to. I loved it too.

After a couple of years when the charity ran out of funding and could no longer facilitate the meets, she and I exchanged numbers and met up like regular friends. Well, sort of, as we only ever met at my place for several reasons. We kept this up for another couple of years.

Then she moved house (still within the same city) and we had a fall out, as she went off radar and I was worried sick. She finally got in touch and promised she wouldn’t do that again. Then she did! Feeling like the relationship had run its course on her side, I stepped aside and let her get on with it.

But here’s the thing, I miss her! I miss our chats, seeing her child who I’d known since birth, and she always had my back. At this time of year particularly, we’d be chatting excitedly about what food we were going to have, our decorations, the presents we’d bought for our kids, etc.

I’m glad I knew her, and I hope she feels the same. I hope I made her realise that she was 100% worthy as a friend, and as a person in general. I hope she has made new friends, in spite of her social anxiety and acute lack of confidence.

Who do you miss from your past? x

"

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes I think about my first love. The way we were so innocent and explored the sins of the flesh together, trying new things and pushing boundaries which unlimited made us fall in love. Those days always make me smile and my hear skip a beat.

But the one I miss the most is myself. Life kind of gets in the way.... career, kids, marriage. Who you become is never who you expected to be I suppose.

One thing is certainly clear to me given the way the world is turning out, is the need to prioritise myself. To do things that make me happy and what my heart desires to hopefully find that carefree energetic man I once was.

"My oldest school friend. She told a relative she didn’t know what to say to me after my husband died. So just chose to ignore me at the worst possible time in my life. We haven’t spoken for 7/8 years "

Maybe she is looking back and regretting not being there for you at such a difficult time.

Why don’t you reach out to her ?

"Wow sorry this is such a depressing thread"

…….you could of just said nothing. People are opening their hearts here, reliving past loves and past lives. Sorry that’s killed your buzz

"My baby daughter x"

My Mama and my Dad....would give anything for them to see the men their Grandboys have become

"I miss T. An amazing Kyrgyz-Russian woman who I spent a few years working with on a project, who had ice blue eyes and who changed her hair colour to suit the seasons. We spent 3 years travelling all over her fair country, laughing, working and drinking. I would fly in and out (as would she) and I was always happy to see that infectious maniacal grin that meant mischief was afoot whenever I landed.

The only person I couldn’t second guess, the only one that could say my name in a “you’re in trouble mister” kinda way. And the shock on her face when I admitted I spoke fluent Russian after 2 years was a picture, watching her wrack her brains for all the times she insulted me in her mother tongue (there were lots) and turning a blushed peach colour as I winked at her

We weren’t lovers (she wasn’t orientated towards male partners) but by the gods being around her was to feel alive, last time I saw her was 10 years or so ago, we went to see a herpetologist at London zoo, one frosty winter morning (she had a problem with snakes in one of her projects in Tanzania), walking around the zoo grounds before it opened to the public was a joy, I said goodbye to her on the bridge in London nearest the London Eye that evening and then she was gone from my life (and I from hers).

But T, your eyes put the stars to shame, forever be well, you are a cherished memory in my beautiful life x "

Oh this was such a lovely read !

"My baby daughter x"

Hugs (((Sparkle)))

By *ich_ChesterMan  over a year ago

Chester

Hard to name one, have lost friends in combat, friends through PTSD, but if it comes down to it then my dad, taken far to young

However they may be gone but never forgotten

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

"My husband. Goes without saying. But he’s in the present, not past - in the faces and hearts of my beautiful children "

My ex lives on in our children and grandchildren, I tell my son and daughter that every time I see them. I have a 3 rd grandchild due in feb who will be named after her nanna

Mum and Dad. I miss them every day. They died within a year of each other.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My Grandparents

By *urious-couple33Couple  over a year ago

Wales/ Tenerife

You and I both..

except I don’t even miss any that have died..

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

My father who sadly passed away when I was 5 wish I could have a day with him

I miss her. I wish we were still close. Life moves on but I miss her company immensely.

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

My best pal, killed on his motorbike, 11 years ago.

I’d love to spend one more day with him.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

My baby brother, was only just over a year ago we lost him. Life has slowly been returning to a new normal, and then you feel guilty that it is

I miss so many people I left behind because my stupid ex didn't like them for whatever reason. I've reconnected with a few but it's never been the same as when we were really close. I fear reaching out to some of the others for this reason.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

My pooch as she wasn't just any kind very educated very loving and caring the bond was unreal she was more like a human

"My pooch as she wasn't just any kind very educated very loving and caring the bond was unreal she was more like a human "

They're better than humans!

» Add a new message to this topic