FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Men support Men on Fab

Men support Men on Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is maybe a topic that is hard to discuss for many but I see very little of it on the forums.

A man will start a thread and only respond to female comments.

Body part day, men will only fab females pics.

Men will comment on threads and get largely ignored by other men who will then go on to comment the same thing rather than agree.

Why does this happen?

What happened to solidarity?

What happened to men supporting other men?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I've noticed men tend to answer posts to particular women they are trying to get attention from, but that is natural on a site where sex is their primary goal.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed. It would be nice to see more of it.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I'm here to join your brotherhood op

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Likely some elements of peacocking combined with not actually caring about the community and being out for number 1.

"I've noticed men tend to answer posts to particular women they are trying to get attention from, but that is natural on a site where sex is their primary goal."

But is fab or should fab be the primary goal? Or is fab about making connections with like minded people?

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Its not just the forums though.

I always wonder why men don't organise socials over a few beers.

They could put the world to rights, bemoan Fabdom and then veris each other at the end of it.

Oh, and maybe talk to women they can actually touch

Kidsgrove

"I've noticed men tend to answer posts to particular women they are trying to get attention from, but that is natural on a site where sex is their primary goal.

But is fab or should fab be the primary goal? Or is fab about making connections with like minded people?"

Nobody should dictate how Fab is to be used, it is evolving all the time.

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? "

Of course. I would welcome any insights you have

"Agreed. It would be nice to see more of it."

Thank you x

"I'm here to join your brotherhood op "

Let’s do it

I’m all for supporting others on and off the forum my filters are always down, open to anyone.

I think it’s important to make everyone feel welcome support the brotherhood

"Its not just the forums though.

They could put the world to rights, bemoan Fabdom and then veris each other at the end of it.

"

You raise some great points. Apart from the woman touching part

Gapping Fanny

"I've noticed men tend to answer posts to particular women they are trying to get attention from, but that is natural on a site where sex is their primary goal.

But is fab or should fab be the primary goal? Or is fab about making connections with like minded people?"

It’s better if you do make connections. But it depends what your goal is. If you just view people as threats or opportunities then you will have less of an interest in building or growing any community spirit and more in finding your next notch.

But is fab or should fab be the primary goal? Or is fab about making connections with like minded people?

Nobody should dictate how Fab is to be used, it is evolving all the time."

I’m not taking about dictating anything to anyone and anyone can use fab as they see fit. What I’m asking is why men don’t support men more? Is every man that single minded?

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? "
hmmmmmm prove it

"I’m all for supporting others on and off the forum my filters are always down, open to anyone.

I think it’s important to make everyone feel welcome support the brotherhood "

If only had more of the same attitude. My filters are always down and I don’t mind putting up with the odd DM that are undesired

It’s tricky, and noticeable on the ‘in!’ Threads, if you know what I mean. Instead of replying to the one above most men reply to the last woman above. I like to include the guys in my responses, but I do also try to respond to the women specifically, particularly the ones who’s forum contributions I enjoy (not the same as the ones I fancy). I think it’s just how guys operate. Being unable to engage with other guys is problematic though.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I talk to guys...I only fab couples and women's pictures...not men only ones ..and support occasionally...

Midlands

I'm a great night out Wingman

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? hmmmmmm prove it "

Case in point. Thank you

cognito

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in?

Of course. I would welcome any insights you have "

It’s probably a “hotness” attention type thing. I don’t always comment or post on a lot of threads but I read a lot of them and it looks like guys who want to provide serious input or conversation get drowned out by those “peacocking” (I think someone else said this earlier) over the forumites that are considered the “hottest”.

I wouldn’t take it personally. I think most people on here are just here for the physical side of things than making connections and friendships. If you’ve found friendships already then I’d nurture those because they are real and just keep supporting other guys where you can as long as you don’t leave your own cup empty.

cognito

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? hmmmmmm prove it "

Nah I don’t need to prove anything to anyone

I’ve joined Fabbing threads and tend to fan everyone men and women. I’ve literally had men message me and say before now “thanks but I’m not gay” .. yeah like neither am I it’s a Fabbing thread. I think the implications of it for some put some people off. Crazy, but true.

But yeah, particularly “compliment the person above” type threads, the men mostly get skipped to go compliment that hottie who posted 20 minutes ago …

Not just men I've seen it loads of times where people will restate exactly what Danish has just said (both men and women) where I think she has made the point much clearer and then the person who re hashed her comment gets more of a response. To the point we tend to not use the forums so much anymore, which is a shame because it's where Danish and I met, we made loads of friends on here and now we don't even post because what's the point?

Doughnut

"Likely some elements of peacocking combined with not actually caring about the community and being out for number 1.

"

Is this an unattractive trait or is it something that people aren’t bothered about?

I think everyone could do with being a bit more mindful of how they treat others tbh not just men

"It’s tricky, and noticeable on the ‘in!’ Threads, if you know what I mean. Instead of replying to the one above most men reply to the last woman above. I like to include the guys in my responses, but I do also try to respond to the women specifically, particularly the ones who’s forum contributions I enjoy (not the same as the ones I fancy). I think it’s just how guys operate. Being unable to engage with other guys is problematic though."

I get what you are saying and the people I talk to on a regular basis I will always make a point of engaging with them. That’s a natural thing.

Maybe communication is the problem along with fear

"I talk to guys...I only fab couples and women's pictures...not men only ones ..and support occasionally... "

You set a great example on threads

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

I get so gooey when I see guys supporting other guys. I overheard one guy telling his mate he looked sick in TKMaxx the other day. Loved it. It’s really nice to see.

I like this post OP. Get your brotherhood night out planned and send us pictures of all your smiley supportive selves

"Not just men I've seen it loads of times where people will restate exactly what Danish has just said (both men and women) where I think she has made the point much clearer and then the person who re hashed her comment gets more of a response. To the point we tend to not use the forums so much anymore, which is a shame because it's where Danish and I met, we made loads of friends on here and now we don't even post because what's the point?

Doughnut "

Yep, I’ve had that happen LOADS of times. Make a point. Ignored. 10 minutes later some hottie makes it and it’s literally the best most insightful comment on the thread and they are complimented repeatedly for a good point well made

For what it’s worth, I like you both. And I’ve met Danish. But filters … *cough*

It’s probably a “hotness” attention type thing. I don’t always comment or post on a lot of threads but I read a lot of them and it looks like guys who want to provide serious input or conversation get drowned out by those “peacocking” (I think someone else said this earlier) over the forumites that are considered the “hottest”.

I wouldn’t take it personally. I think most people on here are just here for the physical side of things than making connections and friendships. If you’ve found friendships already then I’d nurture those because they are real and just keep supporting other guys where you can as long as you don’t leave your own cup empty. "

I do agree with with everything you have said. Thank you.

I’m not taking it personally it just saddens me to see it happen on nearly every thread. Then when men post a thread about leaving they get torn to shreds. If they were included a little more then maybe less men who feel this way about leaving. Each one of them has taken time to leave a comment and unless it’s a harmful comment they should be interacted with. Men should play their part in this too

By *nitterWoman  over a year ago

the land of tall tales and yarn

*twirls in and backs out carefully *

"I’ve joined Fabbing threads and tend to fan everyone men and women. I’ve literally had men message me and say before now “thanks but I’m not gay” .. yeah like neither am I it’s a Fabbing thread. I think the implications of it for some put some people off. Crazy, but true.

But yeah, particularly “compliment the person above” type threads, the men mostly get skipped to go compliment that hottie who posted 20 minutes ago …"

I think you have mentioned one of the key factors here. Men are worried about catching something over the Internet or how they are seen by other people.

"Its not just the forums though.

You raise some great points. Apart from the woman touching part "

Absolutely class idea!!

However would blokes likely travel for this without the promise of touching a female

"I think everyone could do with being a bit more mindful of how they treat others tbh not just men"

I agree totally but there are many more cases or women supporting women than men supporting men. So that’s why I’m calling them out and asking for some solidarity

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"I talk to guys...I only fab couples and women's pictures...not men only ones ..and support occasionally...

You set a great example on threads "

gee thanks BG.. so are you

Gapping Fanny

"Likely some elements of peacocking combined with not actually caring about the community and being out for number 1.

Is this an unattractive trait or is it something that people aren’t bothered about?"

Personally I prefer communities, but its mentality is driven by the people in said community.

If people don’t give a shit it doesn’t matter how much you build it “they” will never come.

Kidsgrove

Nobody should dictate how Fab is to be used, it is evolving all the time.

I’m not taking about dictating anything to anyone and anyone can use fab as they see fit. What I’m asking is why men don’t support men more? Is every man that single minded?"

Bad wording on my behalf. I didn't mean dictate as it came across. I meant it is what it is, not what we want it to be. We all want different things from Fab, so there is no right and wrong really.

"Not just men I've seen it loads of times where people will restate exactly what Danish has just said (both men and women) where I think she has made the point much clearer and then the person who re hashed her comment gets more of a response. To the point we tend to not use the forums so much anymore, which is a shame because it's where Danish and I met, we made loads of friends on here and now we don't even post because what's the point?

Doughnut

Yep, I’ve had that happen LOADS of times. Make a point. Ignored. 10 minutes later some hottie makes it and it’s literally the best most insightful comment on the thread and they are complimented repeatedly for a good point well made

For what it’s worth, I like you both. And I’ve met Danish. But filters … *cough* "

Our filters don't block single guys and you're in our age range send us a pic lol

Doughnut

"I get so gooey when I see guys supporting other guys. I overheard one guy telling his mate he looked sick in TKMaxx the other day. Loved it. It’s really nice to see.

I like this post OP. Get your brotherhood night out planned and send us pictures of all your smiley supportive selves "

I’m sure they are some guy codes that would prohibit photos

The fact that you have mentioned it and it stayed in your head proves what a rare event it is

Midlands

We need an all man night out then

Doughnut

For what it’s worth, I like you both. And I’ve met Danish. But filters … *cough* "

Thank you all for your input and yes it’s something I’ve noticed as well. Let’s all do better

Doughnut

For what it’s worth, I like you both. And I’ve met Danish. But filters … *cough*

Our filters don't block single guys and you're in our age range send us a pic lol

Doughnut "

Site supporter filter!

Bromances are hot

"This is maybe a topic that is hard to discuss for many but I see very little of it on the forums.

Men will comment on threads and get largely ignored by other men who will then go on to comment the same thing rather than agree.

Why does this happen?

"

True and maybe I might be guilty of a few so I'll own up to my own short comings

cognito

I wouldn’t take it personally. I think most people on here are just here for the physical side of things than making connections and friendships. If you’ve found friendships already then I’d nurture those because they are real and just keep supporting other guys where you can as long as you don’t leave your own cup empty.

I’m not taking it personally it just saddens me to see it happen on nearly every thread. Then when men post a thread about leaving they get torn to shreds. If they were included a little more then maybe less men who feel this way about leaving. Each one of them has taken time to leave a comment and unless it’s a harmful comment they should be interacted with. Men should play their part in this too"

I agree it is sad. I think part of it comes from the general “power” of this site being in the hands of women. We are the minority and we consciously or unconsciously are in control of what men can or can’t do here. It’s an unusual situation as the balance of power is opposite in the real world so maybe we let it get to our heads too much?

I’m generalising in my comments. Not all women do it and some of us that do probably aren’t even aware of it.

All we can do is listen to each other and maybe take a breath and think before we type out that reply at how inclusive we are being.

Is this an unattractive trait or is it something that people aren’t bothered about?

Personally I prefer communities, but its mentality is driven by the people in said community.

If people don’t give a shit it doesn’t matter how much you build it “they” will never come.

"

And swinging is or should be very community based imo

"We need an all man night out then"

Gapping Fanny

"However would blokes likely travel for this without the promise of touching a female "

The true measure of a man, will he stand by his word!

It all depends really, distance, what the plan is, who's going etc.

You know it would just degenerate into comparing hotlists, voting for whos got the best body part and then a 6 pack gurn off followed by a late night kiss and tell by the beautiful people!

"This is maybe a topic that is hard to discuss for many but I see very little of it on the forums.

Why does this happen?

True and maybe I might be guilty of a few so I'll own up to my own short comings "

Not from what I’ve seen. You are great at driving conversations regardless of gender

I think it happens because most men are probably not here to strike up same sex platonic friendships or be part of a community

Posting or browsing the forums enables them to be aware of women or couples profiles they might not encounter otherwise, so they'll interact with those more, possibly in the hope of it leading to more.

I don't find this an odd notion

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? hmmmmmm prove it

Nah I don’t need to prove anything to anyone "

was worth a try

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"I think everyone could do with being a bit more mindful of how they treat others tbh not just men"

I'll second this....as a couple who meet guys, they guys on the forums are relatively ignorant towards couples posts we find... does this attitude hurt?? Yes actually

I’m not taking it personally it just saddens me to see it happen on nearly every thread. Then when men post a thread about leaving they get torn to shreds. If they were included a little more then maybe less men who feel this way about leaving. Each one of them has taken time to leave a comment and unless it’s a harmful comment they should be interacted with. Men should play their part in this too

I agree it is sad. I think part of it comes from the general “power” of this site being in the hands of women. We are the minority and we consciously or unconsciously are in control of what men can or can’t do here. It’s an unusual situation as the balance of power is opposite in the real world so maybe we let it get to our heads too much?

I’m generalising in my comments. Not all women do it and some of us that do probably aren’t even aware of it.

All we can do is listen to each other and maybe take a breath and think before we type out that reply at how inclusive we are being. "

For someone to have power it must first be given

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I really like your post OP and your values and sentiments. Totally get where you're coming from.

Mrs

"I’m not a man (well I wasn’t the last time I checked) can I join in? hmmmmmm prove it

Nah I don’t need to prove anything to anyone was worth a try "

Can you not see you are proving my point? You have ignored the OP and every other comment to single out one person?

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

"I think everyone could do with being a bit more mindful of how they treat others tbh not just men

I'll second this....as a couple who meet guys, they guys on the forums are relatively ignorant towards couples posts we find... does this attitude hurt?? Yes actually "

Well done in turning one of the only positive threads about guys into being all about couples.

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Why does this happen?

"

Good observation

I think we tend to primarily see each other as competition

But having said that, if I see another fella's comment getting bashed but he makes a good point. I will comment in my support for him

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

"I get so gooey when I see guys supporting other guys. I overheard one guy telling his mate he looked sick in TKMaxx the other day. Loved it. It’s really nice to see.

I like this post OP. Get your brotherhood night out planned and send us pictures of all your smiley supportive selves

The fact that you have mentioned it and it stayed in your head proves what a rare event it is "

It’s so rare. I don’t understand why guys don’t gas each other up the way women do for each other.

I don’t think I’m alone in saying compliments and kind gesture mean so much coming from other women. It would be lovely if men had that solidarity that we do.

"I think everyone could do with being a bit more mindful of how they treat others tbh not just men

I'll second this....as a couple who meet guys, they guys on the forums are relatively ignorant towards couples posts we find... does this attitude hurt?? Yes actually "

I agree with you. Men don’t comment it case it’s the male half of the couple that’s posting

I'll second this....as a couple who meet guys, they guys on the forums are relatively ignorant towards couples posts we find... does this attitude hurt?? Yes actually

Well done in turning one of the only positive threads about guys into being all about couples. "

Most of the time there are also men in couples so it’s a valid point. The list isn’t excluding men just because they are in a couple. I’m in a couple myself so I feel their pain as it happens to me too

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

You have my support!

Why does this happen?

Good observation

I think we tend to primarily see each other as competition

But having said that, if I see another fella's comment getting bashed but he makes a good point. I will comment in my support for him "

But why are we competing? Chances are you don’t look or act like me and we will have different personalities so therefore present a different option. You can never elevate yourself by pulling others down

The fact that you have mentioned it and it stayed in your head proves what a rare event it is

It’s so rare. I don’t understand why guys don’t gas each other up the way women do for each other.

I don’t think I’m alone in saying compliments and kind gesture mean so much coming from other women. It would be lovely if men had that solidarity that we do. "

Completely agree with you. There is nothing wrong with a guy talking another guy up

"You have my support! "

Thank you

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Maybe because they are trying to be peacocks to attract women

I don’t think I’m alone in saying compliments and kind gesture mean so much coming from other women. It would be lovely if men had that solidarity that we do.

Completely agree with you. There is nothing wrong with a guy talking another guy up "

Unfortunately though the majority don’t want to impress guys or banter with them they want the women of the site and just go for that…which is a shame as there are some brilliant blokes on here who make me howl!!

OP being one I love to read on the forums together with StNicklaus (i think that’s his name), Private Parts and Hohohorisen (again I thinks that’s how you spell it)!!

Even if it isn’t much….you have my support on the forums mate…but I will call you out on something if I don’t agree with you!

Keep being you fella…top bloke

"Maybe because they are trying to be peacocks to attract women "

Which I get but what’s more attractive someone who is arrogant or someone that is inclusive?

Completely agree with you. There is nothing wrong with a guy talking another guy up

Unfortunately though the majority don’t want to impress guys or banter with them they want the women of the site and just go for that…which is a shame as there are some brilliant blokes on here who make me howl!!

OP being one I love to read on the forums together with StNicklaus (i think that’s his name), Private Parts and Hohohorisen (again I thinks that’s how you spell it)!!

Even if it isn’t much….you have my support on the forums mate…but I will call you out on something if I don’t agree with you!

Keep being you fella…top bloke "

Hell anyone can call me out as long as they don’t mind being wrong

cognito

"Maybe because they are trying to be peacocks to attract women

Which I get but what’s more attractive someone who is arrogant or someone that is inclusive?"

Inclusive people can be arrogant too.

Hell anyone can call me out as long as they don’t mind being wrong "

Ooo…fighting talk…we shall see mate…I’ll enjoy our battle of wits

Ooo…fighting talk…we shall see mate…I’ll enjoy our battle of wits "

I think it will turn into the knights that say ni

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

How about

People support eachother

I think it will turn into the knights that say ni "

Yeah well I’m the good looking one

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I think it will turn into the knights that say ni

Yeah well I’m the good looking one "

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I agree wholeheartedly OP. I remember reading a lovely thread a while back where men were joking around with each other and just enjoying interacting for the hell of it, not because they were horny/desperate for attention from a woman.

It's a shame it doesn't happen more often, people talk about replying to the post not the poster but I don't think it happens as often as people would like to think it does. I like seeing genuine interaction between men, it's nice. Far less likely to make me roll my eyes than another haggle of horndogs desperately willy waving.

I thought there was quite a lot of manly love and support on here recently. It's good to see.

"I really like your post OP and your values and sentiments. Totally get where you're coming from.

Mrs"

Thank you so much. I know it’s an issue with couples too

"I agree wholeheartedly OP. I remember reading a lovely thread a while back where men were joking around with each other and just enjoying interacting for the hell of it, not because they were horny/desperate for attention from a woman.

It's a shame it doesn't happen more often, people talk about replying to the post not the poster but I don't think it happens as often as people would like to think it does. I like seeing genuine interaction between men, it's nice. Far less likely to make me roll my eyes than another haggle of horndogs desperately willy waving."

I think it’s one of those things that people think happens more than it does and there are some guys who do engage with other men but a minority don’t unfortunately

"I thought there was quite a lot of manly love and support on here recently. It's good to see. "

It’s in patches and really depending on the thread itself

"

"

Supporting them with what though?

"

Supporting them with what though? "

Basically not ignoring them on threads. Complimenting them, talking to them, DM’s, whatever needs to happen

By *ussD1Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I thought there was quite a lot of manly love and support on here recently. It's good to see.

It’s in patches and really depending on the thread itself "

I tend to get DMs from guys and have some good chats. Not sure why more don’t just respond in the forum. Just to throw my hat in the ‘interact with all club’. Like someone said earlier being fabbed by a guy is ok. I message a thanks for the Fab if a guy does it.

"

Basically not ignoring them on threads. Complimenting them, talking to them, DM’s, whatever needs to happen"

This! Thing is men often fell they have nobody to turn to which is why there are statistically more men turning to drastic actions to put themselves out of their misery

"I thought there was quite a lot of manly love and support on here recently. It's good to see.

It’s in patches and really depending on the thread itself

I tend to get DMs from guys and have some good chats. Not sure why more don’t just respond in the forum. Just to throw my hat in the ‘interact with all club’. Like someone said earlier being fabbed by a guy is ok. I message a thanks for the Fab if a guy does it. "

Perfect

"

Basically not ignoring them on threads. Complimenting them, talking to them, DM’s, whatever needs to happen

This! Thing is men often fell they have nobody to turn to which is why there are statistically more men turning to drastic actions to put themselves out of their misery "

If they're truly in need of support, there are probably more relevant platforms than a site based around sex

"

This! Thing is men often fell they have nobody to turn to which is why there are statistically more men turning to drastic actions to put themselves out of their misery "

The suicide rate for men is ridiculously high. When I look at the amount of guys that leave fab so down I do wonder if we have contributed to it a little as often men leave because they feel ignored

"

This! Thing is men often fell they have nobody to turn to which is why there are statistically more men turning to drastic actions to put themselves out of their misery

If they're truly in need of support, there are probably more relevant platforms than a site based around sex "

But this could be a trigger

"

If they're truly in need of support, there are probably more relevant platforms than a site based around sex

But this could be a trigger"

The thing is we stigmatise men talking about their feelings and make them feel shit when they do

I can honestly say if anyone man, woman anyone reached out to me to tell me they're struggling whether it's on here, facebook, anywhere I will make sure I at least try to message them to make sure they're OK

"

But this could be a trigger"

In what way?

By *ussD1Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"

The suicide rate for men is ridiculously high. When I look at the amount of guys that leave fab so down I do wonder if we have contributed to it a little as often men leave because they feel ignored"

Being ignored on a site predominantly occupied by men means you’ll be ignored if you don’t interact with the majority gender yourself. I’d say coming here with any underlying issues is not a good idea.

"

Basically not ignoring them on threads. Complimenting them, talking to them, DM’s, whatever needs to happen"

But they do. If a bloke starts an 'I'm not coping thread' then men and women chip in and try to help.

I don't see why it needs to be pushed personally

"

In what way?"

In a way that might make them consider reaching out to someone who's supporting them

"

In what way?"

Thoughts and emotional responses are triggered by something. Generalising here so forgive me but if I guy joins fab just for sex and he is ignored elsewhere in life and not just sexually, fab could trigger that response and bring up buried feelings. Not everyone is fully aware of things that have suppressed emotionally and what triggers it. Hence why people have breakdowns and all of their emotions come out at once

"

But they do. If a bloke starts an 'I'm not coping thread' then men and women chip in and try to help.

I don't see why it needs to be pushed personally "

Try searching the forum for feeling low

See the ones where when women make a thread there's 50+ messages

The ones where the men post are averaging around 10 (being generous)

"

I don't see why it needs to be pushed personally "

How many times do you see a I’m not coping thread? Other signs are there. I would also argue that for someone reaching that point should happen less and would of they had support from other men. November was mens mental health awareness month because it’s such a big issue

By *drian HardthrobMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Personally, I'm always up for supporting the lads on here. Happy to chat, have a couple of laughs, and generally shoot the shit. Originally set my messages open to single men but had to turn it off due to the amount of "straight" desperados looking for cock

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"I’ve joined Fabbing threads and tend to fan everyone men and women. I’ve literally had men message me and say before now “thanks but I’m not gay” .. yeah like neither am I it’s a Fabbing thread. I think the implications of it for some put some people off. Crazy, but true.

But yeah, particularly “compliment the person above” type threads, the men mostly get skipped to go compliment that hottie who posted 20 minutes ago …"

I’ve joined fabbing, drink pass etc, compliment threads and I comment on men, women and couples.

I’ve been here three years and not once have I received a dm from a women or a couple who were put off by my fab or compliment so why would a man be put off by a compliment from a man. The compliment or fab was done because someone liked a photo or wanted to pass on a nice message.

"Personally, I'm always up for supporting the lads on here. Happy to chat, have a couple of laughs, and generally shoot the shit. Originally set my messages open to single men but had to turn it off due to the amount of "straight" desperados looking for cock "

Ok serious question. How many messages from guys?

But yeah, particularly “compliment the person above” type threads, the men mostly get skipped to go compliment that hottie who posted 20 minutes ago …

I’ve joined fabbing, drink pass etc, compliment threads and I comment on men, women and couples.

I’ve been here three years and not once have I received a dm from a women or a couple who were put off by my fab or compliment so why would a man be put off by a compliment from a man. The compliment or fab was done because someone liked a photo or wanted to pass on a nice message.

"

This is a great question. Thank you and I don’t have the answer

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I respond to anyone

I think this is a great thread but I do think there is a fair amount of male support for other men on here. Yes of course you will get men that are only interested in talking to women but it's nice to see many of the men interact with each other regularly on the forums.

"

How many times do you see a I’m not coping thread? Other signs are there. I would also argue that for someone reaching that point should happen less and would of they had support from other men. November was mens mental health awareness month because it’s such a big issue "

In the main, the men here are strangers to each other. Are you likely to open up to a complete stranger?

"I respond to anyone "

Thank you

Somewhere

"

How many times do you see a I’m not coping thread? Other signs are there. I would also argue that for someone reaching that point should happen less and would of they had support from other men. November was mens mental health awareness month because it’s such a big issue "

We should support each other regardless of what gender we are.

If someone needs help reach out. You never know who’s life you’ll change with a one or two line text.

"I think this is a great thread but I do think there is a fair amount of male support for other men on here. Yes of course you will get men that are only interested in talking to women but it's nice to see many of the men interact with each other regularly on the forums. "

It’s very limited in numbers though. I’m trying to raise awareness of this issue and thank you

"

How many times do you see a I’m not coping thread? Other signs are there. I would also argue that for someone reaching that point should happen less and would of they had support from other men. November was mens mental health awareness month because it’s such a big issue

In the main, the men here are strangers to each other. Are you likely to open up to a complete stranger?"

You are more likely to open up if you know you are going to be supported

"I think this is a great thread but I do think there is a fair amount of male support for other men on here. Yes of course you will get men that are only interested in talking to women but it's nice to see many of the men interact with each other regularly on the forums.

It’s very limited in numbers though. I’m trying to raise awareness of this issue and thank you"

Yes I get that but I don't think it's as limited as you may think. Is always great to raise awareness however it is already happening.

A quick forum search will show you 4 threads just today, And many from other days.

"

If someone needs help reach out. You never know who’s life you’ll change with a one or two line text."

I agree but sometimes men feel easier to talk to other men as they feel they can relate better

"

If someone needs help reach out. You never know who’s life you’ll change with a one or two line text."

100% this time of year I struggle because my cousin felt he could reach out to anyone.

So bow I make it abundantly clear anyone even utterly stranger can share their burdens even if I makes waking up in the morning just that bit more bearable

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"I've noticed men tend to answer posts to particular women they are trying to get attention from, but that is natural on a site where sex is their primary goal."

Very true

"I think this is a great thread but I do think there is a fair amount of male support for other men on here. Yes of course you will get men that are only interested in talking to women but it's nice to see many of the men interact with each other regularly on the forums.

It’s very limited in numbers though. I’m trying to raise awareness of this issue and thank you

Yes I get that but I don't think it's as limited as you may think. Is always great to raise awareness however it is already happening.

A quick forum search will show you 4 threads just today, And many from other days. "

And how many responses compared to if a female has started the thread?

A quick forum search will show you 4 threads just today, And many from other days.

And how many responses compared to if a female has started the thread?"

I genuinely think this is a misconception. I think more often the not it is the subject matter that attracts the posts not the gender of the poster, yes I agree the responses are normally different but not necessarily the numbers.

Worcester

"Personally, I'm always up for supporting the lads on here. Happy to chat, have a couple of laughs, and generally shoot the shit. Originally set my messages open to single men but had to turn it off due to the amount of "straight" desperados looking for cock

Ok serious question. How many messages from guys? "

At least 10 to 15 a day, was working around the country at the time though. Probably spotted me in the near by feature.

ENGlAND all the way...

I genuinely think this is a misconception. I think more often the not it is the subject matter that attracts the posts not the gender of the poster, yes I agree the responses are normally different but not necessarily the numbers. "

From my pov being a regular forum user I see it every day. Men’s comments being passed over time and time again. Pass, kiss, fuck threads and often men will go back up the thread to find the person they want. Body parts day, women comment on other womens posts, men don’t

"Personally, I'm always up for supporting the lads on here. Happy to chat, have a couple of laughs, and generally shoot the shit. Originally set my messages open to single men but had to turn it off due to the amount of "straight" desperados looking for cock

At least 10 to 15 a day, was working around the country at the time though. Probably spotted me in the near by feature."

And that is enough for you to block all men to not have conversations with them?

I genuinely think this is a misconception. I think more often the not it is the subject matter that attracts the posts not the gender of the poster, yes I agree the responses are normally different but not necessarily the numbers.

From my pov being a regular forum user I see it every day. Men’s comments being passed over time and time again. Pass, kiss, fuck threads and often men will go back up the thread to find the person they want. Body parts day, women comment on other womens posts, men don’t"

But why is that a problem?

Women and men tend to react differently to things anyway but I think there is support on here if you ask for it. I've seen dozens of mainly men reaching out for support and in almost all cases they have received it from both men and women. I think Danish's thread is brilliant and just goes to show men do interact with other men but I think it does depend on the type of thread.

Somewhere

"

If someone needs help reach out. You never know who’s life you’ll change with a one or two line text.

100% this time of year I struggle because my cousin felt he could reach out to anyone.

So bow I make it abundantly clear anyone even utterly stranger can share their burdens even if I makes waking up in the morning just that bit more bearable "

"

So bow I make it abundantly clear anyone even utterly stranger can share their burdens even if I makes waking up in the morning just that bit more bearable "

I’m in with you on this. My inbox is always open

From my pov being a regular forum user I see it every day. Men’s comments being passed over time and time again. Pass, kiss, fuck threads and often men will go back up the thread to find the person they want. Body parts day, women comment on other womens posts, men don’t

Women and men tend to react differently to things anyway but I think there is support on here if you ask for it. I've seen dozens of mainly men reaching out for support and in almost all cases they have received it from both men and women. I think Danish's thread is brilliant and just goes to show men do interact with other men but I think it does depend on the type of thread. "

It's Doughnut, but thank you.

To clarify I have posted on a previous profile that I was having a hard time, and yes I was being made redundant and homeless not being able to provide for my family

I reached out put a post up got no response. That was when I deleted my last single profile

It's only since my life has been back on track I actually feel I might have something to contribute but nobody reached out to me when I made a post about feeling low

Oh i think Tom plays used to do an excellent job of this.. Nice to see you taking up the mantel

I only fab straight mens pics, and only respond to men on fab

Women and men tend to react differently to things anyway but I think there is support on here if you ask for it. I've seen dozens of mainly men reaching out for support and in almost all cases they have received it from both men and women. I think Danish's thread is brilliant and just goes to show men do interact with other men but I think it does depend on the type of thread. "

It’s an issue when people feel excluded and become triggered. All I’m basically saying is that men can do more to support more men on this site which quite a few people have agreed on

"Oh i think Tom plays used to do an excellent job of this.. Nice to see you taking up the mantel "

I will keep speaking out and helping where I can. Thank you x

Women and men tend to react differently to things anyway but I think there is support on here if you ask for it. I've seen dozens of mainly men reaching out for support and in almost all cases they have received it from both men and women. I think Danish's thread is brilliant and just goes to show men do interact with other men but I think it does depend on the type of thread.

To clarify I have posted on a previous profile that I was having a hard time, and yes I was being made redundant and homeless not being able to provide for my family

I reached out put a post up got no response. That was when I deleted my last single profile

It's only since my life has been back on track I actually feel I might have something to contribute but nobody reached out to me when I made a post about feeling low"

Sorry I got your name wrong but I remember that post and you did get responses. I remember it well because I sent you a message but you said you didn't want to talk about it. You also mentioned it in the virus section on someone elses post and got lots of support. I am really sorry you felt unsupported.

Worcester

At least 10 to 15 a day, was working around the country at the time though. Probably spotted me in the near by feature.

And that is enough for you to block all men to not have conversations with them?"

I'm having a conversation with you ain't I?

It's only since my life has been back on track I actually feel I might have something to contribute but nobody reached out to me when I made a post about feeling low

Sorry I got your name wrong but I remember that post and you did get responses. I remember it well because I sent you a message but you said you didn't want to talk about it. You also mentioned it in the virus section on someone elses post and got lots of support. I am really sorry you felt unsupported."

I don't post in the virus section so that would have been Danish, I'm glad you reached out to her though so thank you

I agree with everything said.

It’s an issue when people feel excluded and become triggered. All I’m basically saying is that men can do more to support more men on this site which quite a few people have agreed on"

I'm not disagreeing with you that men could support each other more but I'm simply saying it does already happen too.

"I agree with everything said. "

Thank you

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Because there are that many men on here compared to women they always try to one upmanship....still the forum boys always seem to stick together.

"Because there are that many men on here compared to women they always try to one upmanship....still the forum boys always seem to stick together."

Then we need to work together to increase that circle of men supporting each other

"Because there are that many men on here compared to women they always try to one upmanship....still the forum boys always seem to stick together."

I will always try to say hi to people when I pop my head into the forums which I admit isn't as much as it used to be

Leeds

"Because there are that many men on here compared to women they always try to one upmanship....still the forum boys always seem to stick together.

I will always try to say hi to people when I pop my head into the forums which I admit isn't as much as it used to be"

Trouble is and I've seen it loads, if a new guy tries to interact on the forums or posts a topic they are usually ripped to shreds or have the piss taken out of them.

"Because there are that many men on here compared to women they always try to one upmanship....still the forum boys always seem to stick together.

I will always try to say hi to people when I pop my head into the forums which I admit isn't as much as it used to be

Trouble is and I've seen it loads, if a new guy tries to interact on the forums or posts a topic they are usually ripped to shreds or have the piss taken out of them."

And this is where we can support more. Great mention

Trouble is and I've seen it loads, if a new guy tries to interact on the forums or posts a topic they are usually ripped to shreds or have the piss taken out of them."

That's the thing I'm not technically new I used to be on the forums daily even met Danish here

But because I deleted my old profile this is now seen as a newbie Profile

Leeds

Trouble is and I've seen it loads, if a new guy tries to interact on the forums or posts a topic they are usually ripped to shreds or have the piss taken out of them.

That's the thing I'm not technically new I used to be on the forums daily even met Danish here

But because I deleted my old profile this is now seen as a newbie Profile "

Sorry, I didn't specifically mean you...I meant new guys in general x

Leeds

And this is where we can support more. Great mention"

Never going to happen. Everyone looks after No.1 on this site.

And this is where we can support more. Great mention

Never going to happen. Everyone looks after No.1 on this site. "

Everything starts with one person making a stand and creating ripples

By *ullseye100Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Well I’m my case I’m new to the site/scene, when I signed up I thought of it as a regular( I mean just message women with the hope of meeting) but from what I can see it’s more of a social media platform.

I have only been using the forum a couple of weeks and I had no interest in the men for obvious reasons.

I started a couple of threads myself and have noticed there is some funny guys on here and I think it’s great to have a laugh.

I am really enjoying myself here and in it’s own way the site is even better than I expected.

"Well I’m my case I’m new to the site/scene, when I signed up I thought of it as a regular( I mean just message women with the hope of meeting) but from what I can see it’s more of a social media platform.

I have only been using the forum a couple of weeks and I had no interest in the men for obvious reasons.

I started a couple of threads myself and have noticed there is some funny guys on here and I think it’s great to have a laugh.

I am really enjoying myself here and in it’s own way the site is even better than I expected."

I’m so happy you are having a great experience. Remember to give back too

Ireland

"Well I’m my case I’m new to the site/scene, when I signed up I thought of it as a regular( I mean just message women with the hope of meeting) but from what I can see it’s more of a social media platform.

I am really enjoying myself here and in it’s own way the site is even better than I expected.

I’m so happy you are having a great experience. Remember to give back too"

of course I’m still finding my feet a wee bit but it’s great fun and very humorous, also any advice would be great

Whist I feel we should all be nicer to each other in general I don't believe anybody should have to come on the forums and support anybody else.

If that is something an individual wants to do then that is brilliant but are we not all here to just chip in our bit as and when. Nobody wants to feel pressure to have to consider who they are responded and what gender they are and what personal issues they might have. Treating each other with respect is enough.

Ireland

Thank you for your advice.

I just found the thread interesting so I thought I’d have a look, we all have to start somewhere and I really don’t want to pressure anyone into anything.

But if anyone had any advice o would appreciate it of course.

I have never been on a site primarily aimed at sex/dating and spoken to other men but even though there is no sexual interest I find it great to be able to interact with everyone and find out other perspectives. Peace and love x

"Thank you for your advice.

I just found the thread interesting so I thought I’d have a look, we all have to start somewhere and I really don’t want to pressure anyone into anything.

I have never been on a site primarily aimed at sex/dating and spoken to other men but even though there is no sexual interest I find it great to be able to interact with everyone and find out other perspectives. Peace and love x"

Happy to chat and help where I can. Just drop me a DM anytime

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

There is merit in what you're saying OP. It's a thought-provoking question.

Having increased my presence on the forums over the last couple of months I often concur with other men on their opinions and even fab their photos occasionally. (I'm now even chatting to a few men...and certainly up for chatting to a few more from a 'buddy' perspective). I've dropped all my filters to reflect my 'openness' to engage with the wider fab community...

Is the solidarity reciprocated? Sometimes but not often enough. That's not me complaining; it's just an observation.

I'm particularly cognisant of the "peacocking" and ruffling of the male plumage on here. Sometimes it's so obvious to the detriment of male solidarity. And of course I sometimes pay a compliment to a woman on a thread or throw in a cheeky comment, but not to the point of such obsequious behaviour which sadly prevails.

Should I be encouraging the solidarity and referencing men's posts (where appropriate)? Yes I should. And I will. But sometimes I'm hesitant because I'm aware of the invisible cliques that exist on here. I have no proof or evidence for this; it's just my acute perception.

In summary: I totally agree with you. And you have my support.

"There is merit in what you're saying OP. It's a thought-provoking question.

Having increased my presence on the forums over the last couple of months I often concur with other men on their opinions and even fab their photos occasionally. (I'm now even chatting to a few men...and certainly up for chatting to a few more from a 'buddy' perspective). I've dropped all my filters to reflect my 'openness' to engage with the wider fab community...

Is the solidarity reciprocated? Sometimes but not often enough. That's not me complaining; it's just an observation.

I'm particularly cognisant of the "peacocking" and ruffling of the male plumage on here. Sometimes it's so obvious to the detriment of male solidarity. And of course I sometimes pay a compliment to a woman on a thread or throw in a cheeky comment, but not to the point of such obsequious behaviour which sadly prevails.

Should I be encouraging the solidarity and referencing men's posts (where appropriate)? Yes I should. And I will. But sometimes I'm hesitant because I'm aware of the invisible cliques that exist on here. I have no proof or evidence for this; it's just my acute perception.

In summary: I totally agree with you. And you have my support."

Thank you so much for this and putting it so well. You have made some great observations and with men like you around to help and support this the forums will be a much better place

I am on here as a quite Bullock type competing with no males

Ireland

"Thank you for your advice.

I have never been on a site primarily aimed at sex/dating and spoken to other men but even though there is no sexual interest I find it great to be able to interact with everyone and find out other perspectives. Peace and love x

Happy to chat and help where I can. Just drop me a DM anytime "

thank you pal

Ireland

In summary: I totally agree with you. And you have my support."

I have listened to what you have said and I think you are 100% right after all it is a community to make friends as well as hopefully get a meet or two I too have taken off my filters.

Mayfair

"I too have taken off my filters."

In an alternate reality this would be Klingons de-cloaking their ships...and getting ready for a round of man hugs.

Ireland

"I too have taken off my filters.

In an alternate reality this would be Klingons de-cloaking their ships...and getting ready for a round of man hugs. "

let’s spread the love bro

Mayfair

In summary: I totally agree with you. And you have my support.

Thank you so much for this and putting it so well. You have made some great observations and with men like you around to help and support this the forums will be a much better place"

...and without you it would be a much poorer place.

Why does this happen?

"

I like your beard and trouser buttress straps

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

It would be useful to have a auto notification if someone quoted me in their reply.

Oh the irony

I’ve noticed it a little, even in the short period of time that I’ve been infecting the forums with my nonsense.

Nature of the beast I suppose.

"It would be useful to have a auto notification if someone quoted me in their reply."

There are a few changes that can be made such as this but I fear they won’t be

Any bloke on here will fuck another guy over in a heartbeat if he gets a whiff of fanny.

"I’ve noticed it a little, even in the short period of time that I’ve been infecting the forums with my nonsense.

"

Join the brotherhood my friend

"Oh the irony "

What’s ironic?

"Any bloke on here will fuck another guy over in a heartbeat if he gets a whiff of fanny.

"

Which is wrong imo and I know many that don’t do this

"Oh the irony

What’s ironic?"

You know

"I’ve noticed it a little, even in the short period of time that I’ve been infecting the forums with my nonsense.

Join the brotherhood my friend "

I’m in.

Why does this happen?

"

I've noticed this. Do guys on here see every other guy as "competition"? It's not a race, people will like who they like. Showing some love and support for other guys is a very very good look (not just mo I've heard thus from every woman I know).

"Oh the irony

What’s ironic?

You know "

I wouldn’t be asking if I did

Why does this happen?

I've noticed this. Do guys on here see every other guy as "competition"? It's not a race, people will like who they like. Showing some love and support for other guys is a very very good look (not just mo I've heard thus from every woman I know).

"

Thank you x I guess some guys do see others as competition or they are narrow sighted and only target the people they want to have sex with which is fine for them but it doesn’t build a community which swinging is

Op, you clearly have your own view of what fab 'should ' be

Perhaps it's more inclusive to just accept that others view it differently and let them be

"Oh the irony

What’s ironic?

You know

I wouldn’t be asking if I did"

It's fine - we'll leave it there to comply with forum rules

"Op, you clearly have your own view of what fab 'should ' be

Perhaps it's more inclusive to just accept that others view it differently and let them be"

I am being inclusive and have never said at any point that people should use fab differently of they don’t want to. i was raising an issue I see and I was asking why men don’t support other men and show some solidarity

"Op, you clearly have your own view of what fab 'should ' be

Perhaps it's more inclusive to just accept that others view it differently and let them be"

The OP is voicing an opinion and inviting a discussion about it, not trying to dictate to anyone.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

I agree, this what swinging is about but lots of people here are not swingers and just want sex which can lead to competition

"Oh the irony

What’s ironic?

You know

I wouldn’t be asking if I did

It's fine - we'll leave it there to comply with forum rules "

Still don’t get what you are on about. I’m not here to have arguments with people just discussions when needed about certain subjects and otherwise make friends and have some banter.

If I am wrong in my thinking I am always happy to be challenged on these in an adult manner. When someone constantly looks for an argument I walk away. It’s that simple

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never seen fab as a competition so I don't take the peacocking or cockblocking approach.

That should be obvious by my forum engagement. The only person I'm competing against is myself.

A couple of months ago in another thread I said i would happily attend a men only social if distance and time allowed.

I've changed my mind on that now due to the amount of networking without consent that is going on where private info including names and personal stories are being shared in an attempt to ingraciate themselves with others.