FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Memories of living with Mum and Dad.

Memories of living with Mum and Dad.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was having a conversation with a guy on here, One question was asked. What reminds you of living with mum and Dad before moving out?

My response was the smell of Sunday roasts being cooked. Always had fond memories of having Sunday dinner around the table.

What are yours?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Both Mum and Dad still being alive

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Standing doing the washing up with my Dad. He would wash, I would dry and Mum would put away. The radio would be on and me and my Dad would be chatting and often giggling away about random stuff.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

The first thing that came to mind was laying in bed on a Sunday, after a night out, and my mum calling up the stairs for us to get up.

Then, later in the day, the smell of the chicken or pork cooking and the kitchen filled with steam from the cabbage boiling.

Also, hot days in the garden, sunbathing with our friends.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Hearing the bloody Archers at 7pm every day.

Works in my favour nowadays as the best way to have a quick conversation with my mum is to phone at 6.55pm

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I don't remember living with both my parents at the same time. My memories of living with my mother are of instability and stress.

I have far fonder memories of my time with my Grandparents. Climbing up the hill near their house. Cooking baked potatoes in foil, stuck in bonfires. Sledging in the field next door. Sunday School. Going to coffee mornings and Grandad winning every raffle he ever entered. Listening to Grandad teaching music (quietly!) The smell of the homemade cleaning stuff my Grandma made. Marks and Spencer. Lots of things

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

My mum being angry at my old man for coming home half pissed after stopping off at the pub on the way home from work every night!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Indifference. Left at 19, never went back.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Hearing the bloody Archers at 7pm every day.

Works in my favour nowadays as the best way to have a quick conversation with my mum is to phone at 6.55pm "

Don’t ring her on a Friday evening, you’ll get caught out, they’ve dropped that one,

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Hearing the bloody Archers at 7pm every day.

Works in my favour nowadays as the best way to have a quick conversation with my mum is to phone at 6.55pm

Don’t ring her on a Friday evening, you’ll get caught out, they’ve dropped that one,

"

Ooh, thanks for the warning

» Add a new message to this topic