FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Printers

Printers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Away from the usual sex chat & as the lounge apparently is for anything....printers for the desktop

Been using HP for a few years & after all the hassle regarding replacement cartridges, cost of said cartridges (even non HP ones), low number of pages printed & drying out, etc, etc, now also just not printing colour properly regardless of every attempt to retify!!!

Is it worth the splash out of a couple hundred quid on the Epson ecotank 2810??

Yes it's a lot of money but if it's as good as reviews say & the 7000 plus page print out's per fill up & replacment ink £40ish....has anyone got one? Tried one out at a friends or have any real experience of them, not what they've read on Google as that I've obviously done...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There has been a real shift towards cheap petitioners and expensive ink as that is how the constantly make their money. Or make good business sense.

Sorry can’t help with alternative as I’ve gone completely cloud based for this reason and working globally

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

We have used Epson Ecotank printers for several years now & we would never go back to cartridges. If you print a lot you will save a fortune.

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

[Removed by poster at 04/12/21 19:40:11]

By *rFussyMan  over a year ago

preston

We’ve had an Ecotank for a while now with no complaints.

What about the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G5050?

I can absolutely vouch for reliability and quality.

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

Mr purchased an Epson eco tank printer when he was doing the homeschooling during lockdown. It is by far the cheapest to run printer we have ever had, he has even swapped his work printers over to them now.

I can thoroughly recommend a Panasonic KX-P2023 dot matix printer... they're one of the best sounding printers out there.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

No need to spend hundreds on a new tank system printer. I converted my HP printer to a DIY continuous ink system with a kit from EBay, cost £27.00 plus £15 for the inks.

Used to have a few expensive inkjets (top of the range photo printers) and the inks cost a bomb and were a pain to manage and keep maintained and replaced. Since no longer have a need to print photos, for general ‘office’ type printer us the HP Instant ink range. £100 for a printer and £1.99 a month and they send the ink as you need it. Very simple.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Epson are good printers, even the cheap ones you can buy 20 non branded cartridges for around £10. Most original inks any brand are full of foam hence why low print count, always buy non genuine. Ecotank are good too.

Hp and canon printers I would avoid they don't last even the laserjet series

Hyperdemic needle and £2.99 ink from eBay or Amazon your welcome

"Hyperdemic needle and £2.99 ink from eBay or Amazon your welcome "

Just be aware it can be a messy job.

We’ve got a canon all in one at the moment, but have been seriously looking at going for ones that have a tank system.

"Hyperdemic needle and £2.99 ink from eBay or Amazon your welcome

Just be aware it can be a messy job.

We’ve got a canon all in one at the moment, but have been seriously looking at going for ones that have a tank system."

Can be messy but not meny people know they can fill they old ink catrgies back up as long as they haven’t dryed out

Two ways there will ither be a small fill hole in the top under the paper or something

Or stab the needle in to the hole the ink comes from and fill

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I’ve got the earlier Epson 2710, I’ve had it a year or so, bought it in Asda, it wasn’t expensive. I don’t do a lot of printing, but the inkwells are still full except the black is on 2/3

I gave up trying to air-print from my iPhone (it was fine on the previous hp airprinter), and it works wirelessly from my desktop PC.

The blue and yellow inks recently stopped printing. But following advice, I carried out the head-cleaning operation 4 or 5 times and it’s fine again now.

All in all a great printer, and none of that hp ink cartridge palaver monthly payments. (I opted out, but they somehow don’t update the software to tell the printer there’s a new cartridge installed once the original ink has run out. I took it back to Ryman’s and they were pretty good about it)

Hope this helps.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I've been using a canon pixma for years. There are plenty of cartridge sellers. Use compatiables without a problem. Just set quality to draft unless printing photographs.

Ink is the most expensive liquid on this plant and has the biggest mark up.

The company's make next to nothing and sometimes a loss on the printers themselves as they know they'll make money on the ink.

HP ate good printers as the ink cartridge comes with new heads, unfortunately you can't change 1 colour at a time like you can with Epson.

I used to do tons of printing on Epson and always used non Epson ink.

I hardly do any now so switched to original epson ink as the heads don't dry up as much.

If you like what the reviews say then get 1.

I've found it cheaper to buy a new cheap printer from tesco everytime I run out of ink.... not great for the environment though.

Steve x

Southport

"I've found it cheaper to buy a new cheap printer from tesco everytime I run out of ink.... not great for the environment though.

Steve x"

That's where madness lies and if everyone did it would bankrupt the printer companies.

"I can thoroughly recommend a Panasonic KX-P2023 dot matix printer... they're one of the best sounding printers out there. "

Matrix printers WOW.. someone remember it Good ))

No printer has been bad from a quality point of view for a thousand years or so now. They are ubiquitous. It’s all about the running costs. If you print enough, an Ecotank is great value. You just need to understand how many pages a month is realistic. About time single use cartridges with chips were banned, such a con it’s untrue

"Away from the usual sex chat & as the lounge apparently is for anything....printers for the desktop

Been using HP for a few years & after all the hassle regarding replacement cartridges, cost of said cartridges (even non HP ones), low number of pages printed & drying out, etc, etc, now also just not printing colour properly regardless of every attempt to retify!!!

Is it worth the splash out of a couple hundred quid on the Epson ecotank 2810??

Yes it's a lot of money but if it's as good as reviews say & the 7000 plus page print out's per fill up & replacment ink £40ish....has anyone got one? Tried one out at a friends or have any real experience of them, not what they've read on Google as that I've obviously done... "

Hi There,

If you using your printer daily I would prefer not ink but laser one .. nowadays difference between the price ignorable compare the all cost of the ink by the end of the day

Printers in present days still is the most unstable and sensitive devices as they was before but Lexmark/HP always failed with me first

if I choose printer I choose who not designed 100different product but focused on their main product so

Xerox Brother Kodak OKI Olivetti Kyocera those main flow was printing devices so their invention and investment more focused on the quality

But certainly it is your choice and I only tells my advises based on my 20yrs+ prof exp in IT & Electronics

Brother was proved for 5years as well as Xerox.

And to talk against my own opinion I have Samsung Xpress M2070W since 2017 have no complain at all.

"No printer has been bad from a quality point of view for a thousand years or so now. They are ubiquitous. It’s all about the running costs. If you print enough, an Ecotank is great value. You just need to understand how many pages a month is realistic. About time single use cartridges with chips were banned, such a con it’s untrue "

It's good to realise that many of us have exactly the same thoughts about something that is even more weird that writing it in almost a same second ..

Well Connected Waves LOL

Southport

I recently converted a HP printer (One with 2 cartridges, Black and triple colour) to a continuous ink supply system, converting the original starter cartridges that came with the printer. Total cost of the kit including the ink was only £17.99 from ebay. For more info on the seller and YouTube videos on how to convert your printer drop me a message.

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

I have a subscription and new cartridges turn up as and when needed. Seems to work for me

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks you all for your advice & comments.

Most of the info regarding refilling, converting to top up & subscription I kinda already knew but thanks for mentioning it anyway.

Just wanted to know if anyone had the Epson ecotank or very similar & their opinion, which I believe has been answered. Thanks all for taking the time out to place your comments.

» Add a new message to this topic