FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wrapping presents

Wrapping presents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How are you good people at wrapping presents? Enjoy it? Hate it? Always cock it up and get sellotape stuck all over you? Do you have cats who enjoy running off with one end of the curling ribbon? I'm not usually one to blow my own trumpet, as it were, but I'm bloody good at wrapping gifts. I'm a voluntary elf for a local radio station's Christmas charity that gives wrapped donated presents to under-privileged kids in the area, and I'm one of the elves who wraps them. I set up in my garage on a long trestle table with my own patented "gift-wrap station" and with a glass or two of whisky, off I go. Last year, I managed to wrap 426 presents, all with bows and ribbon. Today, I went over the 600 mark and I'm extremely chuffed. Still a few to go though!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I don't mind wrapping up presents although I would be lost without my sellotape dispenser.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plastic bag, bit of gaffer tape.

Boom. Job done.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Dislike it. Extremely cack handed. Presents look like they’ve had paper thrown at them and a toddler has done the cello taping.

I'm dead good at wrapping presents. I wrapped this one in a few seconds.

"I don't mind wrapping up presents although I would be lost without my sellotape dispenser."

Essential bit of kit I have 4 fixed to the table at different points

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Love wrapping presents...finish off with ribbon and bows x

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

"How are you good people at wrapping presents? Enjoy it? Hate it? Always cock it up and get sellotape stuck all over you? Do you have cats who enjoy running off with one end of the curling ribbon? I'm not usually one to blow my own trumpet, as it were, but I'm bloody good at wrapping gifts. I'm a voluntary elf for a local radio station's Christmas charity that gives wrapped donated presents to under-privileged kids in the area, and I'm one of the elves who wraps them. I set up in my garage on a long trestle table with my own patented "gift-wrap station" and with a glass or two of whisky, off I go. Last year, I managed to wrap 426 presents, all with bows and ribbon. Today, I went over the 600 mark and I'm extremely chuffed. Still a few to go though! "

Impressive… I’m not bad but it does take me a while if I want it to look good.

But aye… if you fancy wrapping a few more, mine are waiting for a magic elf to do them.

I love doing it. I even offer to do it for friends. I can go extra with ribbon and bows and things too. Find it really relaxing.

"Love wrapping presents...finish off with ribbon and bows x"

Yessss

I love it, it’s part of the whole Christmas experience for me, Christmas music on, a nice hot chocolate and mince pie (or two) to hand, and carefully wrap the presents.

I’m actually quite good at it, an ex taught me all the tips and I can wrap a pretty tidy present even if I say so myself!

Sadly my list of people to wrap for diminishes over time as people start to pass, but it’s still one of the highlights of the year!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Aww OP, that's elfin lovely of you!

I love wrapping presents, I've already got my wrapping stuff (we're calling it stuff because there's various bits and bobs) and I'm ready to wrap a few this weekend to give to friends at a social. I normally put some festive horror film on in the background and make some spiced apple to sip as I do it. I wouldn't say I'm very good at it but I'm definitely adequate.

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I love wrapping presents.....but it's going to have to be bags for all this year as I've fractured my wrist

Mrs NC

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Whatever I buy for people I put into a box and then wrap the box. I’m very good at wrapping boxes

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm rubbish. When I wrap presents they look like a five year old was let loose in the sellotape factory.

I put everything in gift bags.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I love wrapping presents, I’m very meticulous xx

By *piderBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

I absolutely love it. Do over 1000 each year though and so by this time I'm usually ready to scream.

Give it a couple weeks and I'm right back in the groove again though.

Bob claimed he was bad at it, but he's all neat and tidy as well

Posh

It's a bit of a chore, but my OCD means I'm pretty good at it.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Love wrapping presents, it helps me to have a little ocd regarding bows and creating spirals with lovely neat labels, I'm not a fan of tags

"I absolutely love it. Do over 1000 each year though and so by this time I'm usually ready to scream.

Posh "

You wrap over a 1000 presents a year? Wow, kudos to you! You either have many friends or do a similar thing to me, wrap for charity because I have no friends

"I love wrapping presents.....but it's going to have to be bags for all this year as I've fractured my wrist

Mrs NC "

Get well soon

I've wrapped over 100 for the last few years. Any shape or size. The paper with the squares on the back is brilliant.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 17:46:38]

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I am a master of wrapping presents. I produce works of art. I often get complimented on how beautifully my presents are wrapped. Luke

"I am a master of wrapping presents. I produce works of art. I often get complimented on how beautifully my presents are wrapped. Luke"

You're hired!

Quite enjoy it. Colour coordinated bows and ribbons for the kids.

"Quite enjoy it. Colour coordinated bows and ribbons for the kids. "

You wrap the kids?

I hate wrapping presents especially the tins of sweets

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"I love wrapping presents.....but it's going to have to be bags for all this year as I've fractured my wrist

Mrs NC "

"Quite enjoy it. Colour coordinated bows and ribbons for the kids.

You wrap the kids? "

Keeps 'em out of mischief If you're really pissed off at them you can leave a gift-wrapped child at any one of hundreds of supermarket drop-off points around the country.

Nice one OP, very impressed!

I love wrapping, I love crisp edges, paper than lines up, folds that hide the overlaps and all that, I genuinely get pleasure is seeing it done well.

I love wrapping books, without using sellotape. It’s easy to do and so much more fun to unwrap straight open to the dedication page etc

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"How are you good people at wrapping presents? Enjoy it? Hate it? Always cock it up and get sellotape stuck all over you? Do you have cats who enjoy running off with one end of the curling ribbon? I'm not usually one to blow my own trumpet, as it were, but I'm bloody good at wrapping gifts. I'm a voluntary elf for a local radio station's Christmas charity that gives wrapped donated presents to under-privileged kids in the area, and I'm one of the elves who wraps them. I set up in my garage on a long trestle table with my own patented "gift-wrap station" and with a glass or two of whisky, off I go. Last year, I managed to wrap 426 presents, all with bows and ribbon. Today, I went over the 600 mark and I'm extremely chuffed. Still a few to go though! "

600! I hope I'm on your list. I have 4 kids and don't do anywhere near that amont.

I used to work in a Santa grotto. I've wrapped 1000's over the years. Being a "crafter", I find wrapping easy. - fem.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I moved to reuseable bags a couple of years ago, so everything is quick, no paper, no sellotape. The hardest bit is sorting out what fits in what

You wrap the kids?

Keeps 'em out of mischief If you're really pissed off at them you can leave a gift-wrapped child at any one of hundreds of supermarket drop-off points around the country.

"

Top tip

"I moved to reuseable bags a couple of years ago, so everything is quick, no paper, no sellotape. The hardest bit is sorting out what fits in what "

Tin foil! Squish it round the present... job done. Sparkly silver prettiness.

I don't mind wrapping presents. When I used to live with my parents, my mum always got me to wrap my sister's and dad's presents because I'm good at getting the corners folded in neatly x

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I moved to reuseable bags a couple of years ago, so everything is quick, no paper, no sellotape. The hardest bit is sorting out what fits in what

Tin foil! Squish it round the present... job done. Sparkly silver prettiness. "

It’s been known in the past

By *piderBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

"I absolutely love it. Do over 1000 each year though and so by this time I'm usually ready to scream.

Posh

You wrap over a 1000 presents a year? Wow, kudos to you! You either have many friends or do a similar thing to me, wrap for charity because I have no friends "

The town Santa grotto.... I have a system that no one else understands so they've given up offering to help

Posh

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"I've wrapped over 100 for the last few years. Any shape or size. The paper with the squares on the back is brilliant. "

On the back? I’ve been putting that on the outside

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I think you deserve a man hug...and a bottle of Lagavulin.

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Mrs NC

Get well soon

"

Thanks x

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Used to love it but no I don’t have the patience, last year brought foil drawstring bags, they were amazing and reusable too

You wrap the kids? "

Of course I do. And I let them out when I need the chimney sweeping. I like to keep the traditions going.

In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon. "

Who are you buying for?

I wrapped 6 presents earlier and had to stop.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon.

Who are you buying for?

I wrapped 6 presents earlier and had to stop."

Ignore my question, I scrolled up.

"In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon. "

Wow well done OP for helping to give a wonderful Christmas to so many children

I used to really enjoy wrapping gifts but I seem to have lost the enjoyment for it. On the other hand Mr NBVN is absolutely brilliant at it and I give him all the awkward shaped gifts because he is meticulous for detail and perfection.

NBVN x

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

Go you!!

"In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon.

Wow well done OP for helping to give a wonderful Christmas to so many children

I used to really enjoy wrapping gifts but I seem to have lost the enjoyment for it. On the other hand Mr NBVN is absolutely brilliant at it and I give him all the awkward shaped gifts because he is meticulous for detail and perfection.

NBVN x"

Whisky helps

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Nice one! That's a lovely thing to do x

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

That's amazing!! Well done!! I'm very jealous as my skills are awful, mainly as my kids still believe and I dont get 5 mins to do it so they're always rushed

Ah well....

Thank you all I think I may have also pioneered a new medical condition I'm calling "wrapper's cramp"

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

do you live in Lapland by any chance?

Wow that’s an amazing effort! A LOT of wrapping.

"In case anyone's interested, I wrapped my final present today. Grand total, 904. I used 203 rolls of wrapping paper, 86 rolls of tape and over a kilometre of ribbon. do you live in Lapland by any chance?"

Just a holiday home

This is so lovely

Good on you, do you find it theraputic?

I wrapped loads for my kids school this year and finished my own today, folding paper is my job in real life so I can't gdt away with any shoddy effort on wrapping gifts.

OP that is amazing!

I used to love it, but have gone off the boil for the last few years... I seem to just give vouchers /cash now, so its not the same

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I used to absolutely love wrapping presents and would take great care and time in doing it, nowadays it's all just done in a mad rush.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's depressing but a joy once finished

I’m pretty good but I work on the gift wrap section in Amazon sometimes. I do mine at the kitchen table but standing, I have a dispenser but instead of tape it’s sticky circles where as soon as you pull one off the other one is there waiting. I fly through wrapping and very very neat.

"I don't mind wrapping up presents although I would be lost without my sellotape dispenser."

Absolutely the same. One of the heavy ones that stays put on the table!

I ran out of normal sellotape last night, but couldn’t be arsed going to the shop, so I was using Christmas tape. Bloody ugly stuff, it clashes with your Christmas paper and fucks the appearance of an otherwise tidily wrapped gift!

Anyway OP, well-done you. You’re definitely on the good list!

Hate it and I'm predictably crap at wrapping.

Wonder if someone has offered a paid wrapping service...would you use it

"Wonder if someone has offered a paid wrapping service...would you use it "

It would be too expensive for the number I gifts I buy/have to wrap.

‘of’ not I

"I’m pretty good but I work on the gift wrap section in Amazon sometimes. I do mine at the kitchen table but standing, I have a dispenser but instead of tape it’s sticky circles where as soon as you pull one off the other one is there waiting. I fly through wrapping and very very neat. "

That sounds a good idea. Is it the wee glue dots that you use for balloon arches or actual stickers?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Mine is rustic.

Either slightly a mess, or so much tape you need a chain saw to open it.

» Add a new message to this topic