FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Man United

Man United

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So they have got rid of Ole, who should they have next ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aptain PeteMan  over a year ago

stamford

Sac the players. Start a fresh. To many premadonnas

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pickings are pretty slim at the moment for top class managers. They’re all pretty secure in their current positions.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Brucey

They're gonna have to look through FM accounts and pick from there.

Tony Pulis is available

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"Sac the players. Start a fresh. To many premadonnas"

Too many show ponies.

To me, the biggest thing they need to do is to get over themselves. They spend too much time saying “but this is man United”, thinking United is different and expecting results to just fall into tier maps. Sacked mourinho after he had won trophies for then came because he wasn’t playing “the United way”. Stuck in the Fergje era, and he is still hovering, looking over every manager’s shoulder.

The sooner they see themselves as just another club, and realise they have to work harder than other clubs to do better than them, the sooner their recovery will happen.

In the meantime, too many of them are more interested in their images and non-football activities.

Their long term planning for after Sir Alex left was very poor. They've wasted £ms and need a proper forward strategy. Reputation doesn't guarantee success.

By *aptain PeteMan  over a year ago

stamford

"Sac the players. Start a fresh. To many premadonnas

Too many show ponies.

To me, the biggest thing they need to do is to get over themselves. They spend too much time saying “but this is man United”, thinking United is different and expecting results to just fall into tier maps. Sacked mourinho after he had won trophies for then came because he wasn’t playing “the United way”. Stuck in the Fergje era, and he is still hovering, looking over every manager’s shoulder.

The sooner they see themselves as just another club, and realise they have to work harder than other clubs to do better than them, the sooner their recovery will happen.

In the meantime, too many of them are more interested in their images and non-football activities.

"

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Warnock?

henley on thames

"Warnock? "

Not glamorous enough for United.

Doesn’t play “the United way”.

Need “a big name”.

Ten haag is the only one I want really. The way he's got ajax to play is quality. He's used youth. He's the next target.

henley on thames

I don’t really get the references to ogs as “a United legend”. If I was asked to draw up a list of United “legends” from the era that he played there, I’m not sure he would make the too 10.

Cantona, Keane, giggs, scholes, Irwin, schmeichel, van der saar, Rooney, ronaldo etc ... all had bigger careers

Eric

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

The gift that keeps on giving.

I’m disappointed that they won’t get Zidane who I feel is one of the most overrated managers since that fella at the Royal Bank of Scotland.

I’d love to see him fuck it up even more.

Pochetino would be interesting as he would be the only person to have coached Messi and Ronaldo.

Bring back Alex

"So they have got rid of Ole, who should they have next ?"

They are looking for a short term manager until the end of the season and then will appoint a full time manager.

So for the rest of the season I would take any manager with exp just to settle things down and get us going in the right direction.

As for long term them Erik ten Hag would be my choice.

I’ve always thought that kylie minogue would make a good football manager.

So yeah, her.

By *unkerbobMan  over a year ago

belfast

"I don’t really get the references to ogs as “a United legend”. If I was asked to draw up a list of United “legends” from the era that he played there, I’m not sure he would make the too 10.

Cantona, Keane, giggs, scholes, Irwin, schmeichel, van der saar, Rooney, ronaldo etc ... all had bigger careers "

couldnt have put it better myself!!!!

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Neil Warnock

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I don’t really get the references to ogs as “a United legend”. If I was asked to draw up a list of United “legends” from the era that he played there, I’m not sure he would make the too 10.

Cantona, Keane, giggs, scholes, Irwin, schmeichel, van der saar, Rooney, ronaldo etc ... all had bigger careers couldnt have put it better myself!!!!"

I think with OGS his legend status at Utd is because he scored an injury time goal to win the champions league in much the same way that Geoff Hurst is probably classed by the media as an England legend despite that even when he was playing for England there were far better forwards such as Jimmy Greaves.

By *urAlterEgosCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

David Moyes. Did great at Everton with a mediocre team, doing great at West Ham, with a mediocre team. Oh hang on….

Anyone...they aren’t a team just individuals and always will be with Ronaldo...feel sorry for Solskjaer as he was doing ok until they bought CR7...but enjoyable for those of us who grew up in the fergie years watching them shit the bed every week

henley on thames

"I’ve always thought that kylie minogue would make a good football manager.

So yeah, her."

You should be so lucky ...

henley on thames

"Anyone...they aren’t a team just individuals and always will be with Ronaldo...feel sorry for Solskjaer as he was doing ok until they bought CR7...but enjoyable for those of us who grew up in the fergie years watching them shit the bed every week "

The bemused “but this isn’t the United way” as city, Liverpool and Watford play them off the park ...

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

"David Moyes. Did great at Everton with a mediocre team, doing great at West Ham, with a mediocre team. Oh hang on…. "

He will follow the £.

Ole was the only manager I actually wanted since Ferguson. Of course o care about doing well/winning etc. But the actual love for the sport and the team and what United is all about is the most important thing for me. Not pulling a wage or, ‘look how good I am’, that’s for the glory hunters.

When was the last time the crowd sang ‘always look on the bright side of life?’ When was the last time we laughed when teams were sacking managers every season? When was the last time we said ‘your more interested in Man Utd than your own team?

The social media fans have been toxic towards Ole, I felt for him, not only a dream job for him but his heart was truly in it. Poor sod

Good luck to him, I absolutely feel given time, that team and staff was going to come together, and I would have been happy to watch for a couple of seasons to see it. Now I will never know.

*I’ll get off my soap box now as this is possibly the most I have ever typed.

"I’ve always thought that kylie minogue would make a good football manager.

So yeah, her.

You should be so lucky ... "

Better the devil you know

"Anyone...they aren’t a team just individuals and always will be with Ronaldo...feel sorry for Solskjaer as he was doing ok until they bought CR7...but enjoyable for those of us who grew up in the fergie years watching them shit the bed every week

The bemused “but this isn’t the United way” as city, Liverpool and Watford play them off the park ... "

The Watford one though! City and Liverpool are 2 of the best teams in the world but Watford? Fucking hell

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well it's been a complete shambles at UTD for years now and yes ollie made some right clangers but the likes of woodward are just as much to blame and they have missed out on some damn fine managers and now it will be a waiting game and think poch will arrive and then hit the reset button and as someone said get over themselves as well ...

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I hate the thought of an interim manager because it's essentially saying that we're writing this season off already and we're only in November.

If it was up me, I would go for Ralf Rangnick as the interim, going up to Director of Football and then go for Poch or Ten Haag in the Summer. But the board won't be doing any of that

Derby

"Anyone...they aren’t a team just individuals and always will be with Ronaldo...feel sorry for Solskjaer as he was doing ok until they bought CR7...but enjoyable for those of us who grew up in the fergie years watching them shit the bed every week

The bemused “but this isn’t the United way” as city, Liverpool and Watford play them off the park ...

The Watford one though! City and Liverpool are 2 of the best teams in the world but Watford? Fucking hell "

And conceding 4 against Leicester too. But it's ok because beat a shite Spurs side 3-0

Personally I think they should go for whichever of the chuckle brothers is still alive

"Bring back Alex "

I wish. I wish so hard

Derby

"Bring back Alex

I wish. I wish so hard "

Guy's earned his retirement, do you think it's a problem that he's still in and around the club? He does cast a rather large shadow.

"Bring back Alex

I wish. I wish so hard

Guy's earned his retirement, do you think it's a problem that he's still in and around the club? He does cast a rather large shadow."

Not really. I think he should keep his mouth shut now and again, but as a football fan first, your going to say what your opinion is.

Charlton Busby and others were always around the club, that installed the ‘family’ ethos. The continuity of it all. The history at that club is legendary, and some staff (players) aren’t into it, they want a 3 yr contract to move on to another bigger contract. A stepping stone maybe.

I get your point about a shadow though for a manager, imagine knowing he is about 20 rows behind you and your 1 nil down at half time.

"Bring back Alex

I wish. I wish so hard

Guy's earned his retirement, do you think it's a problem that he's still in and around the club? He does cast a rather large shadow."

I mean it al starting going down hill when he told that MMA fighter that Ole picked the wrong team

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I am probably in a minority but I believe our board should have waited until the end of the season and if we had finished outside the top 4 and failed to win a trophy then sack Ole.What he achieved last season 2nd in the Premier League and runner up in the Europa League only losing on penalties in my eyes entitled Ole to finish the season.As far as I am concerned if you are the right manager to start the season then you are the right manager to finish the season unless you are Jose Mourinho who does nothing but cause problems and embarrassment to his clubs.

They need to clear house, starting with the god awful coaches. Those being Carrick, McKenna & Phelan.

Then get Zidane and his team in.

But nothing will change until Woodward and the Glazers are still in charge

"Ole was the only manager I actually wanted since Ferguson. Of course o care about doing well/winning etc. But the actual love for the sport and the team and what United is all about is the most important thing for me. Not pulling a wage or, ‘look how good I am’, that’s for the glory hunters.

When was the last time the crowd sang ‘always look on the bright side of life?’ When was the last time we laughed when teams were sacking managers every season? When was the last time we said ‘your more interested in Man Utd than your own team?

The social media fans have been toxic towards Ole, I felt for him, not only a dream job for him but his heart was truly in it. Poor sod

Good luck to him, I absolutely feel given time, that team and staff was going to come together, and I would have been happy to watch for a couple of seasons to see it. Now I will never know.

*I’ll get off my soap box now as this is possibly the most I have ever typed. "

Have you only started watching football? Given the time, he had 3 years and players haven't improved in the slightest. He hasn't progressed any of the youth and stuck with McFred when Donny is better than both of them

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Steve Bruce

Derby

"Steve Bruce "

If that happens, I would laugh. Because the other option would be to cry...

henley on thames

"David Moyes. Did great at Everton with a mediocre team, doing great at West Ham, with a mediocre team. Oh hang on….

He will follow the £."

Really?

henley on thames

"Bring back Alex

I wish. I wish so hard "

He is still there in the background, interfering. I see that as part of the problem

"

"

10/10, Man U were never a great club, they were a club that had a great, possibly the best ever, manager. If Fergy had gone to Everton or Villa they would have the titles and the accolades instead of Man U. They have only been a huge force in British football since Fergy and the Premier League. They had their day before then with Busby, but then so did Leeds and various clubs over the years, and those aren't considered great now. Man United success was never gained because they were a great club who had enduring ongoing success, it was because Fergy was amazing. Then he quit, and they have been average. Only clubs like Milan and Bayern and Barca and so on (and even, to a lesser extent, Chelsea) who have shown the ability to have continued success across multiple managers and owners can really expect to continue having that success, and even then it can crumble quickly.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Arsene wenger?

Tin town

"Warnock?

Need “a big name”. "

Only one "big" Sam...?

Up North

"Steve Bruce

If that happens, I would laugh. Because the other option would be to cry..."

Him or Allardyce

henley on thames

"They need to clear house, starting with the god awful coaches. Those being Carrick, McKenna & Phelan.

But nothing will change until Woodward and the Glazers are still in charge"

Zidane wants to go there, does he?

"Warnock?

Need “a big name”.

Only one "big" Sam...? "

I would actually piss myself if they appointed Colin Wanker

"They need to clear house, starting with the god awful coaches. Those being Carrick, McKenna & Phelan.

Zidane wants to go there, does he? "

Doesn’t speak Wnglish and wants the PSG for France job

Up North

Doesn’t speak Wnglish and wants the PSG for France job"

He’s learning English so he’ll know how to reject them

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

Ban Fergie from stadium, he left the club in a bad way.

He bet on Rooney instead of Ronaldo, and kept vetting on Rooney. That's why he left, he knew to fix the team it would need to be gutted, so step aside.

What United needs, if they want to win the United way of old. Is to bring Roy Keane in with a hatchet to hack the team to shreds ready for rebuilding

Otherwise they need to adapt and figure out that they might need to play different ways.

Tin town

"Ole was the only manager I actually wanted since Ferguson. Of course o care about doing well/winning etc. But the actual love for the sport and the team and what United is all about is the most important thing for me. Not pulling a wage or, ‘look how good I am’, that’s for the glory hunters.

*I’ll get off my soap box now as this is possibly the most I have ever typed. "

You typed it very well too. I'm not a man u fan, nor really a football fan but kudos to ogs as even after he'd been bood off and sacked he was still charming, polite and could still feel his warmth for the club... As for the players who got him the sack.... Shame on them. One thing a professional athlete should ways be expected to do is try.

Doesn’t speak Wnglish and wants the PSG for France job

He’s learning English so he’ll know how to reject them "

Fuck off Glazer is the first lesson

By *aspsMan  over a year ago

dundee

Low

Dechamps

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Someone with Championship experience be needing it next season

Have you only started watching football? Given the time, he had 3 years and players haven't improved in the slightest. He hasn't progressed any of the youth and stuck with McFred when Donny is better than both of them"

Yes. I’ve only just started watching football.

You sound like people I read on Twitter.

He also had nearly 3 yrs of social media hatred. Sounds like you are happy he’s not there. Get over it now, he’s gone.

By *undayTarkaMan  over a year ago

South west

"Ban Fergie from stadium, he left the club in a bad way.

He bet on Rooney instead of Ronaldo, and kept vetting on Rooney. That's why he left, he knew to fix the team it would need to be gutted, so step aside.

What United needs, if they want to win the United way of old. Is to bring Roy Keane in with a hatchet to hack the team to shreds ready for rebuilding

Otherwise they need to adapt and figure out that they might need to play different ways."

Hahahaha Roy Keane I'd the biggest melt on TV nothing more than a bully! Has a go at Maguire yet ignores the real issue Ole. He won't bring anything to the club.

Derby

"I hate the thought of an interim manager because it's essentially saying that we're writing this season off already and we're only in November.

If it was up me, I would go for Ralf Rangnick as the interim, going up to Director of Football and then go for Poch or Ten Haag in the Summer. But the board won't be doing any of that "

Half the prophecy is complete

By *weetandHungMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Sam allardyce

By *ill74Man  over a year ago

New forest area

I'm not a united fan, but I do feel bad for Ole. The players let him down, continuously, this season.

And will any of them get sacked. Or told you're being fined for not actually playing to the standard expected of a premiership footballer earning £xxx. That problem isn't just a united problem, but why is it always the manager who only gets the blame.

I really don't see the point of an interim manager at united. Isn't it an insult to be asked to only be an interim manager - like you are not good enough to be our permanent manager.

Derby

"So they have got rid of Ole, who should they have next ?

Sam allardyce "

Already agreed a deal with Ralf Rangnick as interim and going into a consultancy role for 2 years after. Looking bright

"I'm not a united fan, but I do feel bad for Ole. The players let him down, continuously, this season.

And will any of them get sacked. Or told you're being fined for not actually playing to the standard expected of a premiership footballer earning £xxx. That problem isn't just a united problem, but why is it always the manager who only gets the blame.

I really don't see the point of an interim manager at united. Isn't it an insult to be asked to only be an interim manager - like you are not good enough to be our permanent manager.

"

By *ryant2018Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

A director of football is Ragnick role next season , so still need someone to work under him .

Klopp Hassrnhuttl Flick Nagelsmann Flick all learned from him . He’s also responsible for finding Werner Mane Firmino Kimmich so a good track record .

Dont invite the players to a gang bang as they are a bunch of useless fuckers

henley on thames

"A director of football is Ragnick role next season , so still need someone to work under him .

Klopp Hassrnhuttl Flick Nagelsmann Flick all learned from him . He’s also responsible for finding Werner Mane Firmino Kimmich so a good track record . "

Seems to be very well respected as a football brain, but has won diddly squat in almost 40 years of management.

henley on thames

"I hate the thought of an interim manager because it's essentially saying that we're writing this season off already and we're only in November.

If it was up me, I would go for Ralf Rangnick as the interim, going up to Director of Football and then go for Poch or Ten Haag in the Summer. But the board won't be doing any of that "

Only person I have seen who even mentioned rangnick!

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Are there any Utd fans in Manchester? Every seems to be everywhere but Manchester, lol

Derby

If it was up me, I would go for Ralf Rangnick as the interim, going up to Director of Football and then go for Poch or Ten Haag in the Summer. But the board won't be doing any of that

Only person I have seen who even mentioned rangnick! "

I feel like his name always comes up when it comes to interim positions at big clubs because of how tactically he thinks which can stablise a club. Glad I was right on this

henley on thames

"Are there any Utd fans in Manchester? Every seems to be everywhere but Manchester, lol"

Fans in Manchester usually support the local team, City.

And yes, United fans tend to be elsewhere, lots in London (where the mufc head office is).

Brentwood

"Are there any Utd fans in Manchester? Every seems to be everywhere but Manchester, lol

And yes, United fans tend to be elsewhere, lots in London (where the mufc head office is). "

Why?

From Twitter.

Oh Ralfy he is magic. He wears a magic hat. And when he saw Old Trafford, he said I fancy that.

He is a football genius, he makes the rest look thick.

His name is Ralfy Rangnick “Vorsprung durch tecknik!

Gotta love football chants.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Chelsea have Tuchel, Liverpool have Klopp, City have Guardiola.

All League and Champions League winners.

Man Utd had OGS, ex centre forward who managed to get relegated with Carfiff.

I don't they were aiming too high when they appointed him.

Winston

Tin town

"Are there any Utd fans in Manchester? Every seems to be everywhere but Manchester, lol

And yes, United fans tend to be elsewhere, lots in London (where the mufc head office is). "

Do city have any fans outside of Manchester? Or indeed... Given the business model of the Premier league is a global audience... One can reasonably ask if any epl teams have fans outside their named cities / towns.?

Brentwood

And yes, United fans tend to be elsewhere, lots in London (where the mufc head office is).

My point is why would you support a team when you live miles away, how often would you go and see them play?

Do city have any fans outside of Manchester? Or indeed... Given the business model of the Premier league is a global audience... One can reasonably ask if any epl teams have fans outside their named cities / towns.? "

Tin town

My point is why would you support a team when you live miles away, how often would you go and see them play?

Do city have any fans outside of Manchester? Or indeed... Given the business model of the Premier league is a global audience... One can reasonably ask if any epl teams have fans outside their named cities / towns.? "

So do you have to go and see them play live to be a fan then?

Interesting. Not sure any teams above about conference would survive if teams were only allowed fans who could go see teams live.

Do city have any fans outside of Manchester? Or indeed... Given the business model of the Premier league is a global audience... One can reasonably ask if any epl teams have fans outside their named cities / towns.?

Interesting. Not sure any teams above about conference would survive if teams were only allowed fans who could go see teams live. "

I’ve listened to this argument for years.

United are global and have been for a long time, why? Just because, and other teams try to make that sound like a bad thing.

I remember a comedian who said…

A guy walked up to me and asked where entrance to Maine Road was. I told him, walk straight down this road, and you’ll see two lines of people, ignore the longer one, that’s the line for the chippy.

Have you only started watching football? Given the time, he had 3 years and players haven't improved in the slightest. He hasn't progressed any of the youth and stuck with McFred when Donny is better than both of them

Yes. I’ve only just started watching football.

You sound like people I read on Twitter.

He also had nearly 3 yrs of social media hatred. Sounds like you are happy he’s not there. Get over it now, he’s gone. "

I am glad Ole is gone, I never wanted him. Just need McKenna, Phelan, Carrick, Woodward & Glaziers to piss off

Brentwood

Interesting. Not sure any teams above about conference would survive if teams were only allowed fans who could go see teams live. "

I would have thought being a fan you would want to go and see them play, it's not the same watching on tv, you don't feel the atmosphere, would you go and see your favorite band?

Interesting. Not sure any teams above about conference would survive if teams were only allowed fans who could go see teams live.

I would have thought being a fan you would want to go and see them play, it's not the same watching on tv, you don't feel the atmosphere, would you go and see your favorite band?"

And this would be exactly why fans from certain places as far as Japan are willing to pay thousands to come to Manchester. To watch United.

City give away free tickets to local schools to fill their empty seats.

Brentwood

I would have thought being a fan you would want to go and see them play, it's not the same watching on tv, you don't feel the atmosphere, would you go and see your favorite band?

And this would be exactly why fans from certain places as far as Japan are willing to pay thousands to come to Manchester. To watch United.

"

All clubs give away free tickets to schools

Tin town

All clubs give away free tickets to schools"

Which is a good thing isn't it? A treat for the kids and may get them interested in the sport? Or is the suggestion that charity to kids to watch them for free is somehow a bad thing?

Tin town

I would have thought being a fan you would want to go and see them play, it's not the same watching on tv, you don't feel the atmosphere, would you go and see your favorite band?"

Sure, maybe.. Actually as a kid I followed a team..went once and hated the aggression but I can still be a fan. As I can be a foo fighters fan and never see them live as you can't get tickets.. Its just a bit of fan snobbery saying you can't be a fan if you don't aspire to see them live. Or aren't in a financial position to afford to see them live.

Which is a good thing isn't it? A treat for the kids and may get them interested in the sport? Or is the suggestion that charity to kids to watch them for free is somehow a bad thing? "

Don’t make it sound anything but what it was. Ffs.

*Banter is beyond some people.

I’m out.

Brentwood

Which is a good thing isn't it? A treat for the kids and may get them interested in the sport? Or is the suggestion that charity to kids to watch them for free is somehow a bad thing?

Don’t make it sound anything but what it was. Ffs.

*Banter is beyond some people.

I’m out. "

Of course it's a good thing to give free tickets to kids, I was answering the point that City give away free tickets to fill their stadium which is nonsense

Not everyone can afford to go to football games or to see their fav bands.

Brentwood

Not everyone can afford to go to football games or to see their fav bands."

That's very true but I think you're missing the point

Too many show ponies.

"

This is interesting. But I feel wrong. They should be saying 'We are United, we are different.. 'because they are. Im not a United fan btw (Leicester, if it matters). But I always respected, and slightly dreaded them. now they are a joke.. but despite it having been fun for a few years, watching everybody beat them.. I do feel like the PL would benefit a strong MUFC.

So how do they do it? They need to decide what defines 'unitedness' and set up a structure that enables them to achieve consistent style, and success over a long period (you can't expect to have another 27 year, greatest ever manager..so this probably means director of football, and a clear idea of exactly what type of coach they want, rather than 'anybody but the last coach'. The whole club should be run by this philosophy. They are still by far the most well known English team abroad. And are commercially still huge..but too much longer the way they are,they could squander it.

Tin town

Too many show ponies.

This is interesting. But I feel wrong. They should be saying 'We are United, we are different.. 'because they are. Im not a United fan btw (Leicester, if it matters). But I always respected, and slightly dreaded them. now they are a joke.. but despite it having been fun for a few years, watching everybody beat them.. I do feel like the PL would benefit a strong MUFC.

So how do they do it? They need to decide what defines 'unitedness' and set up a structure that enables them to achieve consistent style, and success over a long period (you can't expect to have another 27 year, greatest ever manager..so this probably means director of football, and a clear idea of exactly what type of coach they want, rather than 'anybody but the last coach'. The whole club should be run by this philosophy. They are still by far the most well known English team abroad. And are commercially still huge..but too much longer the way they are,they could squander it."

With all the tools, players finances available to him, and I know its almost sacrilege to say, but don't you think saf would have done better in Europe? They dominated the prem but I always felt they underperformed in Europe and his shadow now hasn't helped any of the subsequent managers. Particularly his clumsy comment about ronaldo.

Too many show ponies.

So how do they do it? They need to decide what defines 'unitedness' and set up a structure that enables them to achieve consistent style, and success over a long period (you can't expect to have another 27 year, greatest ever manager..so this probably means director of football, and a clear idea of exactly what type of coach they want, rather than 'anybody but the last coach'. The whole club should be run by this philosophy. They are still by far the most well known English team abroad. And are commercially still huge..but too much longer the way they are,they could squander it.

With all the tools, players finances available to him, and I know its almost sacrilege to say, but don't you think saf would have done better in Europe? They dominated the prem but I always felt they underperformed in Europe and his shadow now hasn't helped any of the subsequent managers. Particularly his clumsy comment about ronaldo. "

I think you're right. I think he should have won more European cups..

Brentwood

Too many show ponies.

With all the tools, players finances available to him, and I know its almost sacrilege to say, but don't you think saf would have done better in Europe? They dominated the prem but I always felt they underperformed in Europe and his shadow now hasn't helped any of the subsequent managers. Particularly his clumsy comment about ronaldo.

I think you're right. I think he should have won more European cups.. "

A lot of the 'big clubs' have a self entitlement belief

South west

And in other news Manchester Utd are still shyzte

Derby

"And in other news Manchester Utd are still shyzte "

How does it feel to have an entire football club living in your head rent-free?

South west

"And in other news Manchester Utd are still shyzte

How does it feel to have an entire football club living in your head rent-free?"

About as much of the same as, Margot popping into your news feed

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well going by what we had to endure ....most of the players should be sacked and they should put out the B team xx

" Well going by what we had to endure ....most of the players should be sacked and they should put out the B team xx "

All players contracts protect them too much and l mean ALL players in every club , the Manager will always get sacked never the players.

henley on thames

The majority of football fans in Manchester support city rather than United.

I support neither

henley on thames

How does it feel to have an entire football club living in your head rent-free?"

... said the United fan in derby! Brilliant!

henley on thames

Too many show ponies.

With all the tools, players finances available to him, and I know its almost sacrilege to say, but don't you think saf would have done better in Europe? They dominated the prem but I always felt they underperformed in Europe and his shadow now hasn't helped any of the subsequent managers. Particularly his clumsy comment about ronaldo. "

He couldn’t influence European referees and scheduling

henley on thames

Too many show ponies.

So how do they do it? They need to decide what defines 'unitedness' and set up a structure that enables them to achieve consistent style, and success over a long period (you can't expect to have another 27 year, greatest ever manager..so this probably means director of football, and a clear idea of exactly what type of coach they want, rather than 'anybody but the last coach'. The whole club should be run by this philosophy. They are still by far the most well known English team abroad. And are commercially still huge..but too much longer the way they are,they could squander it."

Personally, I find the whole “we’re different, we’re man United” self-view is precisely what I think is holding them back. They have never got used to not being the need so aren’t going through the necessary rebuilding process, constantly thinking they they are one transfer window away from being unbeatable. Ronaldo and varane were supposed to the final pieces of the jigsaw. Instead the manager got sacked half way through the season, as United were horrified that they weren’t winning.

And now the players are openly turning on rangnick, so the turmoil continues

Tin town

Too many show ponies.

Personally, I find the whole “we’re different, we’re man United” self-view is precisely what I think is holding them back. They have never got used to not being the need so aren’t going through the necessary rebuilding process, constantly thinking they they are one transfer window away from being unbeatable. Ronaldo and varane were supposed to the final pieces of the jigsaw. Instead the manager got sacked half way through the season, as United were horrified that they weren’t winning.

And now the players are openly turning on rangnick, so the turmoil continues "

And its all the same players that mourinho wanted rid of over 2 years ago

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Sadly the issue is above the manager. Nothing will improve while that is in place.

C

South west

... said the United fan in derby! Brilliant! "

Spot on mate, It's always the same

Derby

Spot on mate, It's always the same "

Not really, what is the same is the tired argument that all Man United fans aren't real fans because they're not from Manchester. The Premier League has a global audience with fans abroad who know what they're talking about and watch games at silly hours. You're saying they aren't real fans or their opinions don't matter because they're not from the area? Give it a rest

Arsenal fan here. I think the problem with United is same that Arsenal had. The entire culture within the club has rotten with players losing that hunger to win at all costs.

I personally didn't like Arteta in his first year. He made many stupid moves in transfer window. But it looks like he has learnt a lesson. He kicked out every player who was problematic to developing a good culture. Now we have a team of hungry youngsters. Even if they lose, we can see them play their hearts out.

United needs a manager who can do a clean-up of the squad and stop buying those players who think they are bigger than the team.

By *usman 199Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Just got back from Old Trafford watched United under 18 teens in the youth cup semi final united winning three nil. One or two of them will be worth a try

Edmonton

"Just got back from Old Trafford watched United under 18 teens in the youth cup semi final united winning three nil. One or two of them will be worth a try "
. James Garner is now in his 2nd season on loan at Notts Forest I would like to see him back at Old Trafford replacing Matic in the squad and competing with the other midfielders for a starting place.They say he is a defensive midfielder like Michael Carrick so let’s give him a run in that defensive midfielder position and see what he can do.

South west

Not really, what is the same is the tired argument that all Man United fans aren't real fans because they're not from Manchester. The Premier League has a global audience with fans abroad who know what they're talking about and watch games at silly hours. You're saying they aren't real fans or their opinions don't matter because they're not from the area? Give it a rest "

Doesn't really matter. You're teams sh...te and your not even from Manchester. That's a fact

South west

Not really, what is the same is the tired argument that all Man United fans aren't real fans because they're not from Manchester. The Premier League has a global audience with fans abroad who know what they're talking about and watch games at silly hours. You're saying they aren't real fans or their opinions don't matter because they're not from the area? Give it a rest

Doesn't really matter. You're teams sh...te and your not even from Manchester. That's a fact"

*you're b4 I get corrected

henley on thames

Too many show ponies.

And now the players are openly turning on rangnick, so the turmoil continues

And its all the same players that mourinho wanted rid of over 2 years ago "

... plus one other massive ego which and strengthened player power even more.

henley on thames

"Arsenal fan here. I think the problem with United is same that Arsenal had. The entire culture within the club has rotten with players losing that hunger to win at all costs.

I personally didn't like Arteta in his first year. He made many stupid moves in transfer window. But it looks like he has learnt a lesson. He kicked out every player who was problematic to developing a good culture. Now we have a team of hungry youngsters. Even if they lose, we can see them play their hearts out.

United needs a manager who can do a clean-up of the squad and stop buying those players who think they are bigger than the team."

United are still wedded to the idea of having star players, who then think they are in charge.

Papers now linking them to lewandowski, for example.

henley on thames

"Just got back from Old Trafford watched United under 18 teens in the youth cup semi final united winning three nil. One or two of them will be worth a try "

It’s always good fun seeing emerging talent and wondering how far they will go

Tin town

"Just got back from Old Trafford watched United under 18 teens in the youth cup semi final united winning three nil. One or two of them will be worth a try

It’s always good fun seeing emerging talent and wondering how far they will go "

Not many coaches seem able to give them a go though do they?

Maybe pep, juergen, Mike, Frank... That's about it

South west

"Just got back from Old Trafford watched United under 18 teens in the youth cup semi final united winning three nil. One or two of them will be worth a try

It’s always good fun seeing emerging talent and wondering how far they will go

Not many coaches seem able to give them a go though do they?

Maybe pep, juergen, Mike, Frank... That's about it "

Kopp did well building a young squad. As city fan I respect what he's done. In my eyes a better coach than pep.

Suiiii

Derby

I don't know whether to be happy that what I wanted has happened or worried that my thinking was on the same wavelength as the United board

I don't know whether to be happy that what I wanted has happened or worried that my thinking was on the same wavelength as the United board "

Finger crossed. we need a turnaround now.

Edmonton

I don't know whether to be happy that what I wanted has happened or worried that my thinking was on the same wavelength as the United board "

. Whilst I have no problem with Ten Haag becoming manager at Man Utd I am worried about Ralf Rangnick in a consultation role as so far his formation of 4 2 2 2 his plan of Fernandez playing as a false number 9 and the icing on the cake playing Phil Jones against Liverpool the other night when perhaps it would have been easier to have eased him in the previous game against Norwich how is Ralf going to consult anyone when he has made some massive errors himself

Im going to call him greeny as his name sounds like i just coughed up a gob full

Tin town

I don't know whether to be happy that what I wanted has happened or worried that my thinking was on the same wavelength as the United board

Finger crossed. we need a turnaround now. "

Not sure it matters much who the manager is... Evidenced by the last 5 or 6 seasons...

There's something very malign in the set up.

Good players turn to bad at united within months of joining.

Ten Haag... Good luck.... Hes going to need it.

Derby

Finger crossed. we need a turnaround now.

Not sure it matters much who the manager is... Evidenced by the last 5 or 6 seasons...

There's something very malign in the set up.

Good players turn to bad at united within months of joining.

Ten Haag... Good luck.... Hes going to need it. "

Hopefully things are looking up. Woodward is no longer the CEO, Rangnick as a consultant to the DoF, both of the lead scouts recently left so hopefully an opening for better scouts. The overhaul of the squad will take 2-3 years but hopefully things are on the up and I'm willing to be patient because I'm tired of blaming managers for the shit around them

» Add a new message to this topic