FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Toast and dripping

Toast and dripping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do people still eat it? I know you could buy it from the butchers but my gran always used left from the beef. We would toast thick bread on the fire and lash it with dripping for sunday tea.

Heartattack food at its best

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

never had dripping...other than chips cooked in it (gona get some this weeked in Yarmouth )

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

We used to have goose fat as spread for bread when we were young - again it is heart attack material and not used so widely now.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

If he was allowed my Dad would have it. As said chip taste great in beef dripping

"If he was allowed my Dad would have it. As said chip taste great in beef dripping "
Actually M & S do roast potatoes done in beef dripping. They are nice albeit a bit greasy.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Oh no, never tried it & don't fancy it. The smell turns my stomach & can't have chips in it either

I do roast potato's in goose fat at christmas. They sell it in pots. But i havent seen any (not that ive looked) dripping for donkies years. The cold weather just made me think of it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pork dripping n plenty if salt

I have grown up with this from a baby .. my nan and grandad was next door and he would render down the fat .. it was his butter .. was all things in the pan all meats with fat and he would take it off to make dipping .

[Removed by poster at 24/09/12 19:02:02]

My dad used to have it on bread with salt .cant stand it my self.

evesham

"I do roast potato's in goose fat at christmas. They sell it in pots. But i havent seen any (not that ive looked) dripping for donkies years. The cold weather just made me think of it"

sure i have seen some in my farm shop....will have a look for you x

dudley

"If he was allowed my Dad would have it. As said chip taste great in beef dripping Actually M & S do roast potatoes done in beef dripping. They are nice albeit a bit greasy. "

Unsure but think Black Country Living Museum chip shop uses dripping

dudley

"I do roast potato's in goose fat at christmas. They sell it in pots. But i havent seen any (not that ive looked) dripping for donkies years. The cold weather just made me think of it

sure i have seen some in my farm shop....will have a look for you x"

Stains buries and M&S do it we have it for Christmas lunch on our roasts

my Grandad would eat all of the pig we had Pork Scratchings, pork crackling, pork crunch and now i eat fish most the time But love PORK scratching thats the way to my heart ,, lol home made ...

"If he was allowed my Dad would have it. As said chip taste great in beef dripping Actually M & S do roast potatoes done in beef dripping. They are nice albeit a bit greasy.

Unsure but think Black Country Living Museum chip shop uses dripping"

they do or did last time i was there

dudley

"If he was allowed my Dad would have it. As said chip taste great in beef dripping Actually M & S do roast potatoes done in beef dripping. They are nice albeit a bit greasy.

Unsure but think Black Country Living Museum chip shop uses drippingthey do or did last time i was there"

Just checked their website dam I am good somedays

dudley

"my Grandad would eat all of the pig we had Pork Scratchings, pork crackling, pork crunch and now i eat fish most the time But love PORK scratching thats the way to my heart ,, lol home made ... "

Makes a note Black Country Scatchings are to die for.

"my Grandad would eat all of the pig we had Pork Scratchings, pork crackling, pork crunch and now i eat fish most the time But love PORK scratching thats the way to my heart ,, lol home made ...

Makes a note Black Country Scatchings are to die for."

ok when am i coming over , lol

dudley

"my Grandad would eat all of the pig we had Pork Scratchings, pork crackling, pork crunch and now i eat fish most the time But love PORK scratching thats the way to my heart ,, lol home made ...

Makes a note Black Country Scatchings are to die for. ok when am i coming over , lol "

It take you about three hours to get here Jo get a move on

By *picenicelyCouple  over a year ago

third star on the right

Tesco sells blocks of beef dripping- blocks like lard I mean. I have just checked and its 72p

Makes a note Black Country Scatchings are to die for. ok when am i coming over , lol

It take you about three hours to get here Jo get a move on"

Hey, stop on your way, will you?;-)

dudley

Makes a note Black Country Scatchings are to die for. ok when am i coming over , lol

It take you about three hours to get here Jo get a move onHey, stop on your way, will you?;-)"

There you go again ganging up

It take you about three hours to get here Jo get a move onHey, stop on your way, will you?;-)

There you go again ganging up "

No, lol... I just wanted a lift?;-)

dudley

It take you about three hours to get here Jo get a move onHey, stop on your way, will you?;-)

There you go again ganging up No, lol... I just wanted a lift?;-)"

I'll send a taxi

There you go again ganging up No, lol... I just wanted a lift?;-)

I'll send a taxi "

So we should both be arriving around 2 am?

dudley

I'll send a taxi So we should both be arriving around 2 am?"

That is posh people just come in Dudley they do not arrive

I'll send a taxi So we should both be arriving around 2 am?

That is posh people just come in Dudley they do not arrive "

Ouch, I ll try and be posh next time

dudley

I'll send a taxi So we should both be arriving around 2 am?

That is posh people just come in Dudley they do not arrive Ouch, I ll try and be posh next time "

No need around me, as long as the neighbours don't complain about the screams

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Do people still eat it? I know you could buy it from the butchers but my gran always used left from the beef. We would toast thick bread on the fire and lash it with dripping for sunday tea.

Heartattack food at its best"

You can still get it from half decent butchers Diamonds.Yes i indulge occasionally.

I tried it once using fat from a roast beef joint and did not like it, prefer the taste of butter.

dudley

"I tried it once using fat from a roast beef joint and did not like it, prefer the taste of butter.

"

I used to love that at my uncles he used to run us around the kitchen to try and stop us doing it

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I adore it.. straight from the cooked roast beef .. when OH cooks steak he saves all the juices and fat for me to soak up on bread.. yummy ..

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Used to have it as a kid, my dad used to buy either beef or pork with jelly on top which went down rather well with a freshly baked bloomer

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

The sound of dripping makes me want to heave, just reminds me of the fatty scum when makng scouse bleughhh need lots of kitchen roll, a ladel and a smile so I dont puke

Was in a cafe today that had toast and dripping on the menu, 35p iirc

evesham

"I adore it.. straight from the cooked roast beef .. when OH cooks steak he saves all the juices and fat for me to soak up on bread.. yummy .."

pan juices of anything are so yummy....

"Do people still eat it? I know you could buy it from the butchers but my gran always used left from the beef. We would toast thick bread on the fire and lash it with dripping for sunday tea.

Heartattack food at its best"

My great uncle does but he smokes a pipe too so make of that what you will. There are so many alternatives no though that taste better so people spread that instead.

i used to have bread and dripping as a kid. great especially with the essence still in the dripping

I have no experience of, or interest in beef dripping. However, Bacon fat is amazing.

Sometimes I microwave bacon, (as it makes less mess than grilling it), and it always leaves the plate absolutely swimming in bacon fat.

The temptation to mop it up with bread, or leave it to solidify and spread it on bread is huge. I don't do it, but I always want to.

We still have it when we cook a joint. Toast and dripping for breakfast mmmmmmmm

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

"The temptation to mop it up with bread, or leave it to solidify and spread it on bread is huge. I don't do it, but I always want to."

Just do it now and again....about once a month as a treat...I do and it's gorgeous.....mmmmm

Good beef dripping and home made bread, toasted. with a little black pepped and smoked sea salt is great, but not something for every week.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Everyone seems to be dripping in here. Have I missed something ?

» Add a new message to this topic