FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blackberry going Bust

Blackberry going Bust

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

News is Blackberry are going bust in three weeks if they dont get a buyer for their rim software provider or something so heads up on all you blackberry users.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Time to get a proper phone

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Time to get a proper phone "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought IBM had made a bid for Blackberry's RIM service?

I may be prepared to offer a rim service

"I may be prepared to offer a rim service"

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"News is Blackberry are going bust in three weeks if they dont get a buyer for their rim software provider or something so heads up on all you blackberry users. "

Where did you get that info from ? They're in a whole heap of trouble but certainly not three weeks away from impending doom !

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"News is Blackberry are going bust in three weeks if they dont get a buyer for their rim software provider or something so heads up on all you blackberry users.

Where did you get that info from ? They're in a whole heap of trouble but certainly not three weeks away from impending doom !"

My daughter came home from school that is all her business teacher was on about

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"News is Blackberry are going bust in three weeks if they dont get a buyer for their rim software provider or something so heads up on all you blackberry users.

Where did you get that info from ? They're in a whole heap of trouble but certainly not three weeks away from impending doom !

My daughter came home from school that is all her business teacher was on about"

Tell your daughter her business teacher if full of crap

BB10 and a new phone is out in January, if that fails, which it inevitably will, then they'll go to the highest bidder !

By *wingsnroundaboutsCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

It's had "3 weeks left" for the past 3 years - biggest pile of bollocks ever.

Probably some kind of futile atempt to stop the kids using bbm in classes.

By *reenonionsMan  over a year ago

Nr Exeter

Think about it for a minute,

They made their money on offering a slick business tool that offered connectivity and security in a time when nokia were the benchmark.

Now it's in decline and it's got nothing unique - well nothing that is a game changer so its not going to survive.

As for a buyer - it will go cheap as it's just old tech in a new chassis - get an iPhone !

I'm on my third Bberry since last year, got it for my business as that's what they said it was good for, never worked properly at all,and my contract runs out next year!! In my oppinion worst phone ever....!!!!

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

will wait and see paul love my bb

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

bargin buy blackberry playbook tablet 64 gig £129 brilliant got kindle on it ripped dvds on it brilliant

By *ack4abitMan  over a year ago

Pound Hill

If bb went bust te entire US government and departments would be fucked as they all rely heavily on blackberrys so can't see them letting bb go under

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Used nothing but Nokias for 13 years.... on my second BB and will continue to use them unless Apple do an I-bb

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

i live in poor signal area , voda gives best signal ,

as for phones blackberry gives best signal out of all new phones we have tried iphone got no signal,

best signal we ever got was the early nokia phones before cameras etc

Both me and phil have the S3 but the eldest daughter has BB and its less than a year old and needs replaced it is literally falling apart and its been well looked after personally i cant stand them, i have always had samsung phones and never had a problem with them, one phone i have is 4-5 years old and still works perfectly

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"News is Blackberry are going bust in three weeks if they dont get a buyer for their rim software provider or something so heads up on all you blackberry users. "

Anyone for RIMming?

Either:

1. your daughter misunderstood the nuances of what the business teacher said

or

2. the "business" teacher has not got a clue about business.

I'm tempted to opt for the latter

My daughter came home from school that is all her business teacher was on about"

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Ive currently had my blackberry for 2yrs. Never had any major faults with it. All ive ever had to do is one battery pull when my internet browser decided to have a wobble, apart from that its worked perfectly.

Everyone thinks its due to my OTT care I put into looking after my phones. If it can last another year then ill upgrade to a new one.

As for them going bust, Ive seen online reports of blackberry going bust for about 2-3yrs now and everytime it comes up they are bust nothing happens. Unless I see on the official blackberry site that "we're bust" then they aint bust lol

"Think about it for a minute,

They made their money on offering a slick business tool that offered connectivity and security in a time when nokia were the benchmark.

Now it's in decline and it's got nothing unique - well nothing that is a game changer so its not going to survive.

As for a buyer - it will go cheap as it's just old tech in a new chassis - get an iPhone !"

An iPhone??? Pffft

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

So much miss information!

Firstly, when you purchase a BB, iPhone,Samsung,HTC or whatever you are simply getting a device to enable you to connect to an air time contract, it's just the device you've chosen from your network provider. Voda orange etc

Now with BB you will also be going through RIM who hold servers for your email or company network.

They were initially designed for the North American market and have since tried to compete in the general market place.

This in its self is full if pitfalls as experienced by a Motorola, Nokia, Sony and sony Ericsson due to the nature of the fashion conscious market place.

Millions around the world use BB very successfully most of the time. Certain governments don't like people to use them because they can't interrogate RIMs servers(Saudi) UK government requested all ministers hand in iPhones in favour of BB because they are secure.

I have used various versions from curves to touch screen and have experienced various levels of ease of use and reliability, the original and new curves being best.

Now I have also used other brands to and currently use iPhone.

Personally I would always use BB for business but appreciate the recent outages at RIM is an issue, it's a shame BB have been driven to produce fashion phones as this has seen a drop in quality.

Personally if you give any electronic device to kids you can probably expect it to fall apart ahead of time, don't give me "it's been used carefully" bs because you're foolish if you think they treat it with care! Perhaps the first week till the first scratch!!

We all want our devices to be simple to use and reliable and every handset manufacturer wants that to.

iPhones last issue with the antenna is a prime example of what can go wrong, it's how they respond that's important.

Personally i believe any one who buys the first generation of any new product is puddled! and very desperate to remain a dedicated follower of fashion! Sad!

There are nearly always bugs with new products..

If the new BB10 is to believed with a physical

Keyboard out next year it will be serious competition ..

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"Ive currently had my blackberry for 2yrs. Never had any major faults with it. All ive ever had to do is one battery pull when my internet browser decided to have a wobble, apart from that its worked perfectly.

Everyone thinks its due to my OTT care I put into looking after my phones. If it can last another year then ill upgrade to a new one.

As for them going bust, Ive seen online reports of blackberry going bust for about 2-3yrs now and everytime it comes up they are bust nothing happens. Unless I see on the official blackberry site that "we're bust" then they aint bust lol"

+1

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

3 weeks since this post....and our bb still working. Op where are you????

Love my BB. By far, one of the most useful devices I've had. It's not perfect but it does a lot of things very well and is small enough not to be annoying in my pocket.

And when I crushed it to death with one of my buns of steel, which I do without fail to every phone I own, it didn't cost the earth for my friendly, neighbourhood Pakistani phone guru to bring it back to life (thanks Imran!)

I will resist the iPhone with every cell of my being. I've no good reason for this stance. I just hate them. 'Mon the berries!

» Add a new message to this topic