FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fake Profiles Alert

Fake Profiles Alert

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nlyThaBest OP   Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

Just a thought, been on here a while now and noticed with other fab friends what we think is an increasing number of fake profiles or just bad letdowns, which spoils the site for the FAB people we've met on here. Why doesn't FS have some sort of warning symbol on peoples profiles ? Works pretty simple really I'd of thought, if people are asked to simply click on an alert button on peoples profiles (which u can only do once per profile) if suspicious its fake or let down or whatever, once a profile reaches say 10 alerts, a marker appears on there profile. Isn't that pretty simple and a good idea ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

in a word no

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Just a thought, been on here a while now and noticed with other fab friends what we think is an increasing number of fake profiles or just bad letdowns, which spoils the site for the FAB people we've met on here. Why doesn't FS have some sort of warning symbol on peoples profiles ? Works pretty simple really I'd of thought, if people are asked to simply click on an alert button on peoples profiles (which u can only do once per profile) if suspicious its fake or let down or whatever, once a profile reaches say 10 alerts, a marker appears on there profile. Isn't that pretty simple and a good idea ? "
no bad idea, not workable.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it does, you report the profiles and IF PROVEN, they take action

note PROVEN...

Merseyside

Whats the harm ?

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

just marked you as fake

i know we never met but see how easy it is to abuse it

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Whats the harm ?"

have you read the one sided rants that appear on here daily from the aggrieved..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

go to their profile, hit report and drop down menu has box to tick for fake.

Merseyside

"it does, you report the profiles and IF PROVEN, they take action

note PROVEN..."

Not working we don't think, just a suggestion anyway

bitchiness... a few friends could take exception to someone and all gang up and click alert untill they basically destroy their involvment on here with no proof of wrong doing.

Merseyside

"Whats the harm ?

have you read the one sided rants that appear on here daily from the aggrieved.."

No never really use this bit, that bad is it ??

Merseyside

"bitchiness... a few friends could take exception to someone and all gang up and click alert untill they basically destroy their involvment on here with no proof of wrong doing."

Hmmm yeah possible

"Whats the harm ?"

Ignoring the fact that it is unworkable, can you tell me a single benefit because I can't see it.

If you think a profile is fake either report it or ignore it. It's hardly rocket science is it?

Merseyside

"just marked you as fake

i know we never met but see how easy it is to abuse it "

Haha ! Good point !

Isnt that just the reverse of the current system?

Merseyside

"Whats the harm ?

Ignoring the fact that it is unworkable, can you tell me a single benefit because I can't see it.

If you think a profile is fake either report it or ignore it. It's hardly rocket science is it?"

Just gets rid of the idiots a bit and just an idea to make the site even better that's all

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"just marked you as fake

i know we never met but see how easy it is to abuse it "

I've marked them too! Just need 8 more!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Just a thought, been on here a while now and noticed with other fab friends what we think is an increasing number of fake profiles or just bad letdowns, which spoils the site for the FAB people we've met on here. Why doesn't FS have some sort of warning symbol on peoples profiles ? Works pretty simple really I'd of thought, if people are asked to simply click on an alert button on peoples profiles (which u can only do once per profile) if suspicious its fake or let down or whatever, once a profile reaches say 10 alerts, a marker appears on there profile. Isn't that pretty simple and a good idea ? "

What if I made 10 fake profiles and got your profile marked with the kiss of death?

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"Whats the harm ?

If you think a profile is fake either report it or ignore it. It's hardly rocket science is it?"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why Why Why do people get labelled fake just because the don't do what you want them to do ?

Block them, Move on, Find better strategies for connecting with people.

If all the blokes I've said no to reported me as fake i'd have been kicked off a long time ago.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I have personally not come across many fake profiles but I have come across multiple profiles, if that is what the OP means. In fact I have a joint and a single profile and it is within the terms of fabs.

Merseyside

"just marked you as fake

i know we never met but see how easy it is to abuse it

I've marked them too! Just need 8 more!"

Oh shit it's over for me haha

Merseyside

"Just a thought, been on here a while now and noticed with other fab friends what we think is an increasing number of fake profiles or just bad letdowns, which spoils the site for the FAB people we've met on here. Why doesn't FS have some sort of warning symbol on peoples profiles ? Works pretty simple really I'd of thought, if people are asked to simply click on an alert button on peoples profiles (which u can only do once per profile) if suspicious its fake or let down or whatever, once a profile reaches say 10 alerts, a marker appears on there profile. Isn't that pretty simple and a good idea ?

What if I made 10 fake profiles and got your profile marked with the kiss of death?"

Bloody hell after that much effort id tap you on the back aswell haha !

Merseyside

"Why Why Why do people get labelled fake just because the don't do what you want them to do ?

Block them, Move on, Find better strategies for connecting with people.

If all the blokes I've said no to reported me as fake i'd have been kicked off a long time ago. "

Yeah sounds a fair point that

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"Whats the harm ?

have you read the one sided rants that appear on here daily from the aggrieved..

No never really use this bit, that bad is it ??"

I use the forums for what they are and I find them highly enjoyable. A wide variety of threads get their knockers (pardon the pun) but most peeps take it at face on and move on to the next thread without being offended. In general it's all good fun.

i know; write a strongly worded email to them telling them not to be naughty or everyone will be very very cross with them.

i suspect that some people may just use this an excuse to fuck with the system, remember the swingers door goes both ways!

"

I use the forums for what they are and I find them highly enjoyable. A wide variety of threads get their knockers (pardon the pun) but most peeps take it at face on and move on to the next thread without being offended. In general it's all good fun."

love your knockers lol

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"

I use the forums for what they are and I find them highly enjoyable. A wide variety of threads get their knockers (pardon the pun) but most peeps take it at face on and move on to the next thread without being offended. In general it's all good fun. love your knockers lol "

You've never seen them so behave yourself... Oh! I see, you mean my text speak

"

I use the forums for what they are and I find them highly enjoyable. A wide variety of threads get their knockers (pardon the pun) but most peeps take it at face on and move on to the next thread without being offended. In general it's all good fun. love your knockers lol

You've never seen them so behave yourself... Oh! I see, you mean my text speak "

Well you have not exposed them to me ... yet

"

If all the blokes I've said no to reported me as fake i'd have been kicked off a long time ago. "

We're working on it... Slowly...

First ya pictures... Then... Muahahahaaa...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's always buyer beware on sites like this, but maybe a traffic light system could highlight if a profile's suspect, or under some sort of restriction, akin to what the poster suggested. No idea is usually totally bad, and may need tweaking etc. Otherwise, this could be posted in the site feedback forum area.

"go to their profile, hit report and drop down menu has box to tick for fake."

Yep, let admin deal with it.

» Add a new message to this topic