FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The compliments you really did appreciate.

The compliments you really did appreciate.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I know the vast majority of the compliments that fly about on here are bollox and need to be taken with a bucket of salt… and quite a lot is so cringe worthy you can actually taste a bit of sick at the back of your mouth as you read them…. yes even I have been called gorgeous more times than a supermodel has had her fingers down her throat… even when I have only had my two fingers photo on display.

But away from here, there are people who do make genuine comments without the motive of getting a bit of oral……….. so what is the nicest compliment you have been paid?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I had a very difficult and problematic labour and S told me how proud he was of me and how he was amazed at my strength

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 23/09/12 20:51:19]

My oldest son telling me that I'm the strongest woman he knows and how he looks up to me.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

A person once told me that my friendship meant the world to them.....made me feel all fuzzy ...such a nice thing for someone to say.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

My kids telling me how proud they are of me.

being told I'm a great mom xx

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

i dont look too bad for an old bird ! .. got a tear in me eye !

Being told that no matter how much crap and hate is flung in my direction, I do not give in or quit what it is I am doing. I rise above and work even harder than before.

when someone says i have nice eyes, nice hair or they like my blouse.

that I am excellent at my job

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

My daughter told me I was a credit to my generation... I winked at her and commented "Is that mean't to be a compliment or an insult"

When my old boss who came across as not giving a shit what anyone else thought took me aside at my leaving do and said she valued my opinion and would miss my honesty.

"When my old boss who came across as not giving a shit what anyone else thought took me aside at my leaving do and said she valued my opinion and would miss my honesty. "

Someone at work told me I had empowered them by making them believe in themselves.

That one made me smile inside for a few days.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

for an old bastard, I was still a goer

Being hugged by the big boss when I informed her I had not heard from the recruitment agency after I expressed my interest in another job, and said she did not want to lose me as I am good at what I do.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

That I was such a good friend I was like a sister to them

When my family tell me i look 10 years younger and there boyfriends ,

"When my family tell me i look 10 years younger and there boyfriends , "
Dont you think that compliments from family members are usually the ones you CAN trust for they don t usually have an agenda? I certainly find that with my family

"When my family tell me i look 10 years younger and there boyfriends , "

Awwww, it's nice it doesn't annoy you when your family say it.

"That I was such a good friend I was like a sister to them "

I remember my sister-in-law saying I should drop the 'in-law' bit as she just thought of me as her sister.

"for an old bastard, I was still a goer"

Not a grower?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i find it very hard to accept ompliments from aybody, even my family.

i do well up whenever my mum and dad tell me how proud they are of me and how i am worth so much more than i let myself believe

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

My daughter telling me that I was the only person in the whole world that she trusted without question. God I love her to death

"When my family tell me i look 10 years younger and there boyfriends ,

Awwww, it's nice it doesn't annoy you when your family say it."

no i love my family saying it and there boyfriends make me smile , lol

"My daughter telling me that I was the only person in the whole world that she trusted without question. God I love her to death "

Now that I really can see the value of.

When talking to my boss about ambition, and he informed me I was much more respected in the industry than I gave myself credit for.

I still don't believe it, as I'm only doing my job.

"My daughter telling me that I was the only person in the whole world that she trusted without question. God I love her to death "
Again that sounds so genuine and lovely! It is special coming from your kids - nothing quite like it.

"That I was such a good friend I was like a sister to them "

Mum was asking after you today.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A surprise dinner with lots of people I had worked with and messages from others now living on the other side of the world.

I thought I was having dinner with one friend and when we got to the restaurant she said she didn't fancy eating there and perhaps we should try somewhere else. The planning was so great that when we got to the restaurant she thought might be better there were just a couple of others there so we joined them and then more people turned up. I was really embarrassed at the time but the messages and thanks from all of those lovely people come to mind when I need a lift.

"A surprise dinner with lots of people I had worked with and messages from others now living on the other side of the world.

I thought I was having dinner with one friend and when we got to the restaurant she said she didn't fancy eating there and perhaps we should try somewhere else. The planning was so great that when we got to the restaurant she thought might be better there were just a couple of others there so we joined them and then more people turned up. I was really embarrassed at the time but the messages and thanks from all of those lovely people come to mind when I need a lift."

I have a folder in my filling cabinet at home filled with thank you cards going back years. I never keep birthday cards or post cards, but I keep the thank you cards. Every once in a while then I am putting other stuff away I see the folder and look through a few cards. There are some lovely messages and indeed it is a lift.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

I know the vast majority of the compliments that fly about on here are bollox and need to be taken with a bucket of salt… and quite a lot is so cringe worthy you can actually taste a bit of sick at the back of your mouth as you read them…. yes even I have been called gorgeous more times than a supermodel has had her fingers down her throat… even when I have only had my two fingers photo on display.

But away from here, there are people who do make genuine comments without the motive of getting a bit of oral……….. so what is the nicest compliment you have been paid?

"

loving the new avatar polo,

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

for someone who's a size twenty,

you've got a size ten ass.

I'm having to think really hard about this. Sad as it is, I remember and file away every nasty comment but the nice ones I have to struggle to dredge from my memory.

A client contact in a previous job, someone I respected very much, told me I was a "formidable lady" and "very impressive".

That meant a lot, especially as he hated my tosspot of a manager and didn't care who knew it.

Being recently told by a lady that I was a "lovely considerate man" made me feel very good about myself

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I'm having to think really hard about this. Sad as it is, I remember and file away every nasty comment but the nice ones I have to struggle to dredge from my memory.

A client contact in a previous job, someone I respected very much, told me I was a "formidable lady" and "very impressive".

That meant a lot, especially as he hated my tosspot of a manager and didn't care who knew it."

The nice ones are worth more than the nasty ones. They are often harder to come by as people can be stingy with their compliments. The nasty ones are sport. Let them go.

When people thank me for all ive done for them, I am just doing my job but its lovely to feel that I am appreciated and my input has made a difference.

And of course being told how gorgeous I am even though I look like a scarecrow in the morning.

And the respect and admiration of my children when they tell me that I'm alright even though I am their mum.

And of course being told by my parents how proud they were of me, and I knew it wasn't just an off the cuff expected comments from your parents but they truly were proud of my achievements, though its embarrassing when they used to tell their friends and bore them with the comments I'm sure

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My daughter on her wedding day last month, hugging me and saying thank you for being the best mum ever.

My sister, who never says anything nice saying she loved me and I made her happy...still feeling the love from that.

My daughters and their partners waiting for me on Friday with admiration and relief. They said they were impressed I'd gone off to Marrakech on my own and appreciated my photos and comments on Facebook daily...meant they could sleep!

An unexpected pleasure realising you can impress your adult children and they do love you...I'm tearing up here!

My son always telling me i'm a really good mother and thanking me for everything he had/has and the live i give him. He's 15

Should have put

we care for our elderly neighbour who had a leg amputated a few year back,she has a sister who lives in essex, who said if it wasnt for us her sister wouldnt be here now , makes it all worth it

» Add a new message to this topic