FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I can't help thinking Schumacher should retire

I can't help thinking Schumacher should retire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bfoxxx OP   Man  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

It's been painful watching him.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's been painful watching him. "

I loved Schuie, I really wish that he had stayed in retirement. Coming back has sullied his legacy to the sport

"It's been painful watching him.

I loved Schuie, I really wish that he had stayed in retirement. Coming back has sullied his legacy to the sport"

Agree. He really didn't need the money either. The way things are going, he will go down in history like an aging actor who wouldn't accept that he could no longer play leading (hunky) male roles any more...

By *bfoxxx OP   Man  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

"It's been painful watching him.

I loved Schuie, I really wish that he had stayed in retirement. Coming back has sullied his legacy to the sport"

Think he came back for the love of racing, but there's not been much evidence of his brilliance.

But the car is not great.

Current favorite is Raikkonen. He is getting the best out of his car.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Completely agree - never been a fan of his but always been big enough to acknowledge he was a legend but he's just making a fool of himself now!!!

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

After 2 incidents this year where Schumacher as hit other cars in the rear I'm wondering how long before he "stars" in a "should have gone to specsavers" advert. His results since coming out of retirement just seem to suggest he was lucky to have the best cars before and team mates who were not allowed to finish ahead of him.

Why bring back retired drivers like Schumacher & Raikkonen when there are lots of new young talanted drivers trying to get a drive

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"It's been painful watching him. "

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

More painful for the drivers he's run into over the years

"After 2 incidents this year where Schumacher as hit other cars in the rear I'm wondering how long before he "stars" in a "should have gone to specsavers" advert. His results since coming out of retirement just seem to suggest he was lucky to have the best cars before and team mates who were not allowed to finish ahead of him."

Think you mean a 'Sollte Specsavers gegangen!!' advert...... he is German after all....

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

...but he's still got what it takes to regularly qualify in the top half of the grid, and has had some good results this season.

I blame the other drivers for being in his way. If the track was empty he'd have not had the problems he's had this year

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

Never could stand Shuey - arrogant and thought he could get away with murder. Two races now he has heavily contributed to accidents and it's not just himself he denies the chance to complete a race.

Years ago Montoya lost the plot and went to the American Indi Cars - no awkward corners to navigate being an easy oval track. I suggest that Shuey wanders off that way too or maybe takes up banger racing?

Shame for Lewis today with the box of neutrals - Jennson got a good 2nd - yes I'm a McLaren girl.

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

"...but he's still got what it takes to regularly qualify in the top half of the grid, and has had some good results this season.

I blame the other drivers for being in his way. If the track was empty he'd have not had the problems he's had this year "

He'd still hit a wall though!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I ask myself:

Will he win anything..... nope.

Does it make him look a fool for doing something he loves, something that so few other people will ever have the chance to do.... not in my book.

Is he past his prime.... yes.

Is his current performance still better than a lot of others at the bottom of the field.... yes.

If I were him and a team wanted me to do something I loved, would I continue to do it for as long as I could..... hell yes.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

schumacher had many accidents when he was winning world championships,so having a few now,is not an indicator that he has lost any of his driving skills.

it makes me laugh when people say he is arrogant,seven times world champion.the best f1 driver of all time.so it would be almost impossible for him to over estimate his own ability.

after signing with ferrari,it was 5 years before he regained the world championship.this is only his third year with mercedes.

the rule changes around the time of his retirement,were all to his detriment.

he had to retire,before they made him race whilst towing a piano.

last season he was eighth in the championship,not to shabby,and better than most will ever achieve.

his present team mercedes,are shit,although so were ferrari prior to his arrival.

he may never win another championship,though i would never rule him out.

it never pains me to watch him race,in fact i still feel privileged.

Longer he goes on, the more people will forget his achievements. I used to see him as a man who knew the sport inside out and drove superbly. Now i see him as a man who always had the perfect car. Some people just dont know when to leave the sport they love..

swindon

"...but he's still got what it takes to regularly qualify in the top half of the grid, and has had some good results this season.

I blame the other drivers for being in his way. If the track was empty he'd have not had the problems he's had this year

He'd still hit a wall though!"

Haha, yes - most likely.

ps - I'm a McLaren fan too. Any thoughts on who Lewis will be driving for next year?

swindon

"schumacher had many accidents when he was winning world championships,so having a few now,is not an indicator that he has lost any of his driving skills.

it makes me laugh when people say he is arrogant,seven times world champion.the best f1 driver of all time.so it would be almost impossible for him to over estimate his own ability.

after signing with ferrari,it was 5 years before he regained the world championship.this is only his third year with mercedes.

last season he was eighth in the championship,not to shabby,and better than most will ever achieve.

his present team mercedes,are shit,although so were ferrari prior to his arrival.

"

I agree that Mercedes haven't been great but you'd think that any team with both Ross Brawn and Schumi on their books (plus plenty of money to back them with) would be challenging Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull for podiums a bit more frequently.

At this rate, Sauber are possibly gonna finish above Mercedes in the Constructors' Championship!

glasgow

"Longer he goes on, the more people will forget his achievements. I used to see him as a man who knew the sport inside out and drove superbly. Now i see him as a man who always had the perfect car. Some people just dont know when to leave the sport they love.."

the car was perfect due to him.

remember two world championships with benetton.

glasgow

"schumacher had many accidents when he was winning world championships,so having a few now,is not an indicator that he has lost any of his driving skills.

I agree that Mercedes haven't been great but you'd think that any team with both Ross Brawn and Schumi on their books (plus plenty of money to back them with) would be challenging Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull for podiums a bit more frequently.

At this rate, Sauber are possibly gonna finish above Mercedes in the Constructors' Championship! "

he was 5 years with ferrari before regaining the title.

this is only his third year with mercedes.

f1 is so much more interesting,when he's in the mix.

I was very young then. From what I seen, those years werent crystal clear in terms of technical aids. But i cant argue as I started watching from 96 to this present day.

Hes lost his sharpness and that I believe is one of the main thing required in the sport.

swindon

"he was 5 years with ferrari before regaining the title.

this is only his third year with mercedes.

f1 is so much more interesting,when he's in the mix."

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm glad to see him back in F1. And for what it's worth, he's done a better job than I expected him to. But I genuinely wonder why Mercedes aren't performing better than they are. I think it's probably a case of Schumi getting the most out of an average car, rather than a good car not being driven very well.

I'm not a huge fan of Rosberg. I think it would be interesting if Schumi had a team mate who was faster than Rosberg... someone like Raikkonen, for example... then it'd be easy to say whether the drivers were not performing or whether it was the car to blame.

His contract expires at the end of this year, iirc, and I fear this will be the end of his F1 career - such a shame he didn't shine as brightly during his 2nd stint as he did during his Benetton and Ferrari years.

» Add a new message to this topic