FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > respect

respect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

after the tragic events in manchester tues, how about all fabbers show our police force sum respect ? they do a thankless task with little reward,where would we be without them, nxt time you pass a copper in the street just shake there hand and say respect !!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

As a black person living in London, approaching a Met police officer with an outstretched hand would be detrimental to my health!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or to show respect DON'T do anything!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

It's very rare to see a police officer in Southend, usually the plastic police patrolling our streets.

I had contact with the police a few times last year and they were absolutely fantastic.

They are still people and there will be good ones and bads ones. I don't think it's fair to say they are all the same.

I wouldn't want to do that job. Last week showed what can happen out of the blue.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I had contact with the police a few times last year and they were absolutely fantastic.

They are still people and there will be good ones and bads ones. I don't think it's fair to say they are all the same.

I wouldn't want to do that job. Last week showed what can happen out of the blue."

I second you on this one - my experience with the police has always been good and maybe there is an element of treating people including police in the way one would like to be treated oneself. Back to the principle of respect

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i have never had any professional dealings with the police (had some naughty dealings though) but have always had great respect for them, its just how i was raised.

Sadly in this day and age too many people are being raised to believe they can do what they like and sod the law.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"after the tragic events in manchester tues, how about all fabbers show our police force sum respect ? they do a thankless task with little reward,where would we be without them, nxt time you pass a copper in the street just shake there hand and say respect !!!"

Not all police officers deserve respect…. the recent revelations surrounding Hillsborough are just one example of this.

Generally the police do a good job, many do a great job, however, I would no more wish to randomly walking up to offer praise and respect to an officer who may not deserve it, than I would want to randomly walk up to one and tar them with the same brush as those guilty of less savoury behaviour.

Generally the police force have my respect…… this is not the same as all individuals automatically deserving it.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

they have my respect....

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanks for your _iews guys, i only mentoined it on hear bcus as i left a club last nite, several officers including wpc's were being abused by a gang of d*unken youths, i just felt sorry for them, its a thankless job that i cudnt do !!!

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

The country certainly would be a safer place if there were more bobbies on the beat.

They have my respect. Apart from enforcing the laws of the land, they are also bearers of unpleasant news.

"after the tragic events in manchester tues, how about all fabbers show our police force sum respect ? they do a thankless task with little reward,where would we be without them, nxt time you pass a copper in the street just shake there hand and say respect !!!"
god no's we need police ok ok some are vile but that's life and a lot/most do a great job

They don't do a 'thankless task' they do their job because they get paid to do it like everyone else.

"The country certainly would be a safer place if there were more bobbies on the beat. "

Like there were in the 7Os..... But in those days the gap between rich and poor was much narrower than it is is now so that everybody could comfortably pay more tax, and governments, both Labour and Conservative (under Heath) saw to it that the richest people paid more tax.

There were also other authority figures everywhere. Uniformed toilet attendants in toilets (most of which Thtacher's Tories sold off). Uniformed park attendants, bus conductors, (before the buses were privatised and buses were run for people not profit), station managers at even the little stations....

Public Services, including the Police have to be paid for.

"As a black person living in London, approaching a Met police officer with an outstretched hand would be detrimental to my health!

"

Why don't you try it and be happily proven wrong.

"The country certainly would be a safer place if there were more bobbies on the beat.

Like there were in the 7Os..... But in those days the gap between rich and poor was much narrower than it is is now so that everybody could comfortably pay more tax, and governments, both Labour and Conservative (under Heath) saw to it that the richest people paid more tax.

There were also other authority figures everywhere. Uniformed toilet attendants in toilets (most of which Thtacher's Tories sold off). Uniformed park attendants, bus conductors, (before the buses were privatised and buses were run for people not profit), station managers at even the little stations....

Public Services, including the Police have to be paid for."

The reason many uniformed public sector jobs are no longer there is because technology has made them redundant. We have unmanned train stations with automated ticket machines and bus drivers collect fares when you board the bus negating the need for a conductor. Toilet attendants are still in operation in places but nowhere near as many as there were because in a lot of areas public toilets have closed due to yobos continually vandalising them. Not everything we have (or don't have today) is as a result of Thatcher's policies. Move on man fgs, she's been out of office for 22 YEARS!

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"As a black person living in London, approaching a Met police officer with an outstretched hand would be detrimental to my health!

Why don't you try it and be happily proven wrong. "

I think offering coppers respect is a little redundant.

I have little or no respect as I don't feel they are worthy of it. Likewise I don't think the two WPCs should have been shot, nor would I have hidden the criminal who shot them (Criminals are worthy of even less respect than the fuzz).

What I will give the cops is an acknowledgement of their authority, but I've met far too many of them who are bullies and just generally nasty people for me to feel any liking for them.

"I think offering coppers respect is a little redundant.

I have little or no respect as I don't feel they are worthy of it. Likewise I don't think the two WPCs should have been shot, nor would I have hidden the criminal who shot them (Criminals are worthy of even less respect than the fuzz).

What I will give the cops is an acknowledgement of their authority, but I've met far too many of them who are bullies and just generally nasty people for me to feel any liking for them."

+1

London

Why don't you try it and be happily proven wrong. "

I'd rather not take that chance.

London

"I think offering coppers respect is a little redundant.

What I will give the cops is an acknowledgement of their authority, but I've met far too many of them who are bullies and just generally nasty people for me to feel any liking for them."

Exactly!

IF everyone respected everyone else we wouldnt need the police...

As this utopia needs to start somewhere, it starts with me...

Being authoritative in a position of authority is not necessarilly bullying...

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

[Removed by poster at 24/09/12 07:38:31]

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Total respect for the police and the job they do with a few exceptions

"It's very rare to see a police officer in Southend, usually the plastic police patrolling our streets. "

A term I really hate , these guys and girls also do a fantastic job and deserve as much respect as anyone.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I was thinking it is a bit like asking whether we have respect for teachers, nurses, doctors etc.... I would be happy to say that I have a "collective" respect for any of those who work with the general public and if a member of any such group "misbehaves" then I would see that as a one off and neither representative nor typical of the whole group if that makes sense. As such I d say respect is granted until I am proven wrong by an individual and I would treat that as the exception not the rule.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"thanks for your _iews guys, i only mentoined it on hear bcus as i left a club last nite, several officers including wpc's were being abused by a gang of d*unken youths, i just felt sorry for them, its a thankless job that i cudnt do !!! "

So why didnt they book them on a Section 5 or issue a dispersal order, or if they really wanted to play... gas and taser the lil fucktards

I got no respect for the Glasgow police I think they are the most bigoted force in the UK in the last 3weeks being stopped walking up the road after the pub 4times and each time they got nothing on me so its a big no for me

» Add a new message to this topic