FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do I get the iPhone 5?

Do I get the iPhone 5?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm due an upgrade and the iPhone 5 is available.

I'm very hesitant for a few reasons. I work more or less freelance now so work is great and not so great at random times so another 24 month plan seems a hassle! I also hear there are problems with the iOS 6 (maps malfunctioning and etc)

I currently have an iPhone 4 so I'm sticking with Apple as the iCloud setup means all I have to do is plug the phone into my PC, download my phone's complete settings and away I go!

Any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

forget about mobiles

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

Wait for iOS6.1!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stick with the 4...

"Stick with the 4... "

Tempted. Get the 4s! it'll be much cheaper! Lol

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

keep yr phone and go PAYG

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

loving it so far...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

My I.C.T interfacial interpreter is on her day off.

I'll get back to you when the valves in my phone have cooled down x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm due an upgrade and the iPhone 5 is available.

I'm very hesitant for a few reasons. I work more or less freelance now so work is great and not so great at random times so another 24 month plan seems a hassle! I also hear there are problems with the iOS 6 (maps malfunctioning and etc)

I currently have an iPhone 4 so I'm sticking with Apple as the iCloud setup means all I have to do is plug the phone into my PC, download my phone's complete settings and away I go!

Any advice? "

I am in the "queue" waiting on the 5.... other than the issue with "maps" the other stuff in the ios6 download has gone down rather well...... and the 5 itself has got a lot of rave re_iews....

the general rule of thumb at the moment is that if you have a 4s... then the answer is no, but if you have anything older (4,3gs and 3g) then you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 22/09/12 17:19:11]

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

You might as well fella...plus remember the five has a new fitting on the bottom, and its still got a lot of limitations..

Galaxy S3 is the way to go...the Iphone is just an accessory for the fashion conscious...

Better mapping on the Galxy too..not that IPhone buyers need mapping anyway, they just follow everyone else!

Hubby took my upgrade and I'm now the dog gonads! He had a 4s and is really impressed with the 5 - he did tell me why but I wasn't the interested in the slightest

By *omMaleSub SlutCouple  over a year ago

Bath

"

Better mapping on the Galxy too..not that IPhone buyers need mapping anyway, they just follow everyone else!

"

Had iPhone 4, now 4s and just updated love it

[Removed by poster at 22/09/12 22:36:15]

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Hubby took my upgrade and I'm now the dog gonads! He had a 4s and is really impressed with the 5 - he did tell me why but I wasn't the interested in the slightest "

To be honest there isn't much difference between the iPhone 5 and the 4s so I'd opt for the cheaper 4s

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"You might as well fella...plus remember the five has a new fitting on the bottom, and its still got a lot of limitations..

Galaxy S3 is the way to go...the Iphone is just an accessory for the fashion conscious...

"

Never been tempted by an iphone. Just picked up my new galaxy 3 today and well impressed so far. Had a HTC desire before and this is pretty much the same but so much quicker, bigger on board memory and so easy to use. If you get one, just make sure they remember to give you a micro sim with it. Normal sims don't fit!

"I'm due an upgrade and the iPhone 5 is available.

Any advice? "

Not really that much harder to transfer to any phone if you know how... You can even use your iTunes library on some non apple phones I believe...

If u have the 4S, then no. But if u have the 4 or 3GS, then yes.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You might as well fella...plus remember the five has a new fitting on the bottom, and its still got a lot of limitations..

Never been tempted by an iphone. Just picked up my new galaxy 3 today and well impressed so far. Had a HTC desire before and this is pretty much the same but so much quicker, bigger on board memory and so easy to use. If you get one, just make sure they remember to give you a micro sim with it. Normal sims don't fit!"

and might be an idea to find out what version of the S3 you are all recommending... because some of them won't work on the new uk 4G networks....

"

Well said!

Cheers for feedback so far.

Right now I'm tempted to opt for the 4s and knock two thirds off my bill. However, the deal for the 5 is better than I thought.

Might flick a coin...

or keep what youve got and get a giffgaff sim, you will be amazed how cheap it is

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Might flick a coin... "

Double sided coin ? you know you want it

Similar position here reg upgrade let me know how you get on with it you might save me a few bob

By *om.lionheartMan  over a year ago

visitng

Whatever you do don't forget you can cash your old phone in. I got £250 for my iphone 4.....

"or keep what youve got and get a giffgaff sim, you will be amazed how cheap it is"

Giff gaff are awesome. If you can afford the initial investment in buying the phone sim free, your monthly outgoings are less and you don't have to worry about waiting for upgrades to come around.

"Might flick a coin...

Similar position here reg upgrade let me know how you get on with it you might save me a few bob "

Haha! will do!

Keep the 4 on Sim Only you will pay a third of the cost and you can have as many minutes and unlimited data.

Re_iews show nothing between 5 and Samsung Galaxy 3. It's down to taste.

When 4Gnetwork is available at reasonable price on 5 change then you will have banked a few quid by then. iCloud will be blindingly fast then.

Dune

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Might flick a coin...

Similar position here reg upgrade let me know how you get on with it you might save me a few bob

Haha! will do! "

see... i am not sure why it is such a toss up between a 4s and a 5

remember that ios6 is going to run the same on both phones... therefore you are going to have the same software issues if there are glitches...

so the 5 is lighter, thinnner, more powerful, improved hardware, better battery life... and when 4g does come to your network, the 5 will be able to use it.. the 4s wont...

between the 5 and the galaxy S3 is a different matter and a toss up.... and that is going to be more a personal taste issue (sheep vs fandroid) and dependant on which network you are on now.... if you are on orange or t-mobile the current S3's out there will NOT work on the new 4G network (you will have the wait on the S3 4g-lte model which is due out next month!)

between a 5 and a 4s is a no brainer... if they are going to make you sign another 24 month contract, why would you want a 4s which is in effect going to be 3 years old when you come to upgrade again

if you are going to keep your 4, the sim only option so you run 2 is not a bad idea

"Might flick a coin...

Haha! will do!

see... i am not sure why it is such a toss up between a 4s and a 5

remember that ios6 is going to run the same on both phones... therefore you are going to have the same software issues if there are glitches...

so the 5 is lighter, thinnner, more powerful, improved hardware, better battery life... and when 4g does come to your network, the 5 will be able to use it.. the 4s wont...

between the 5 and the galaxy S3 is a different matter and a toss up.... and that is going to be more a personal taste issue (sheep vs fandroid) and dependant on which network you are on now.... if you are on orange or t-mobile the current S3's out there will NOT work on the new 4G network (you will have the wait on the S3 4g-lte model which is due out next month!)

between a 5 and a 4s is a no brainer... if they are going to make you sign another 24 month contract, why would you want a 4s which is in effect going to be 3 years old when you come to upgrade again

if you are going to keep your 4, the sim only option so you run 2 is not a bad idea"

Never thought of it like that!

What ever I decide to do? what about my old handset?

I recently used envirophone. I had an S2 and it was a bit scuffed around the top so put an advert up in work to sell it for £75. Some kind person told me about envirophone - they offered £192 and had the money in the bank within the week. Now the proud owner of a Nokia Pure_iew 808

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Might flick a coin...

Haha! will do! "

Cheers

"why would you want a 4s which is in effect going to be 3 years old when you come to upgrade again "

That's why i kept my 3gs and missed out on the 4(s) waiting for the 5 subject to some positive fabbers re_iews...or not.

Must say though never had one problem with my 3yo 3gs and updated the new 6 update other night and works superbly but boys and there toys eh

» Add a new message to this topic