FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > messages out of the blue

messages out of the blue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

messages from people you havent spoken to for ages...months, years etc and tey expect to start off where they leaft really make me laugh!!!

not talking long los friends rom school....just meets etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

oh i so know that one.. its even worse when you get messages on here from a 'friend' and they suddenly go all 'ive liked you all along and find you amazingly attractive'

yet in 'day to day' life your blanked

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I think... and that is how I am really... I get side tracked and then something happens that reminds me of a person and I contact them. Not just on here but generally in life. So for me it is quite possible not to have contact for a long time and then pick up again. Does not mean I am not friends with them... just get sidetracked sometimes.

evesham

"oh i so know that one.. its even worse when you get messages on here from a 'friend' and they suddenly go all 'ive liked you all along and find you amazingly attractive'

yet in 'day to day' life your blanked"

lol yeah thats a good one to

oh i had that the other week

A couple i used to meet when i was with my ex, the guy wanted me to meet him alone so we stopped meeting them and i told him i had no intentions of meeting him alone behind his wifes back, he sent me a few more messages, realised he was getting nowhere and stopped mailing me

this was about four years ago now, the out the blue a couple of weeks ago he mailed me saying they had now split up so would i meet him now

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

not quite the same but i do get messages from a previous life and they expect me to remember them, had an influx of them a couple of weeks a go

For some people with an endlist of freinds it would take an enternity to keep messaging people and be rather time consuming. Depends on how tactile they are with you with their recent message to you.

"For some people with an endlist of freinds it would take an enternity to keep messaging people and be rather time consuming. Depends on how tactile they are with you with their recent message to you. "
Dont you think it is the quality of the friendship/ relationship rather than the quantity of exchanges? I mean with some people it is so ok to have occasional contact and with others things are only skin deep and arguably they need more frequent contact to maintain that relationship?

"For some people with an endlist of freinds it would take an enternity to keep messaging people and be rather time consuming. Depends on how tactile they are with you with their recent message to you. Dont you think it is the quality of the friendship/ relationship rather than the quantity of exchanges? I mean with some people it is so ok to have occasional contact and with others things are only skin deep and arguably they need more frequent contact to maintain that relationship? "

That is true. I have good swinging and non swinging freinds where months, years pass by, but when contact is made it gives you warm feeling within that makes you understand why they are special.

"For some people with an endlist of freinds it would take an enternity to keep messaging people and be rather time consuming. Depends on how tactile they are with you with their recent message to you. Dont you think it is the quality of the friendship/ relationship rather than the quantity of exchanges? I mean with some people it is so ok to have occasional contact and with others things are only skin deep and arguably they need more frequent contact to maintain that relationship?

That is true. I have good swinging and non swinging freinds where months, years pass by, but when contact is made it gives you warm feeling within that makes you understand why they are special."

I love.... warm feelings

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I usually get 'hi m8, long time was going to drop in.. Will there be a female there'

My reply is 'yes if you bring one..'

Never seems to go any further

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Yep, does my head in.

Have told one or two to get bent, or just ignored.

Another one has started trying to play mind games and it really isnt for me. I just like a laugh, a giggle with a bit of horn thrown in. Dont do cocky sods who try and take advantage of me being soft

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

my best mate moved to america 15 years ago.we've been in touch about 4 times since,he'll always be my best mate.

on fab,i like everyone on my friends list,that's not going to change if we don't constantly message each other.

most people are on here for some no strings sex,and the messaging system works both ways.

so if you receive a message,out of the blue,after months of nothing.your as responsible for that lack of communication as the other person,and now they are being criticised for making the first move.

it cannot be denied,single fems rule the roost on fab,and single guys take the brunt of any criticism going,at times with justification,but it's quite unfair to criticise someone for messaging you out of the blue.

when in all probability,that same message,from you,to them,out of the blue,would have been received with delight.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Stupid feckers

Cute have I told you how amazingly attractive you are

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Had a fair few. Feck I cannae mind yesterday never mind meeting someone a few years ago!!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I usually get 'hi m8, long time was going to drop in.. Will there be a female there'

Never seems to go any further"

???

Can I drop in??? Will there be another guy there????

By *tingomurphyMan  over a year ago

Hayes

"I usually get 'hi m8, long time was going to drop in.. Will there be a female there'

Never seems to go any further???

Can I drop in??? Will there be another guy there????"

Mind if I come too? If its a crowd I'll just sit in the corner swinging my legs

evesham

Think some have got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm not talking long lost friends here. I don't speak to one of my friends from school from one year to the next but when we eventually do catch up its like we are back at school. I love that.

What I am talking about is meets off here that you haven't been in contact with for ages, for whatever reason, coming back and thinking they can just jump back on simply because you met them before!!

Sorry fellas, doesn't work that way!

Hi , long time no speak, hows you.

Converts to, "hi, i've run outa options, thought i'd try you,,,,,6months later".

"I think... and that is how I am really... I get side tracked and then something happens that reminds me of a person and I contact them. Not just on here but generally in life. So for me it is quite possible not to have contact for a long time and then pick up again. Does not mean I am not friends with them... just get sidetracked sometimes. "

I know just what you mean

"Think some have got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm not talking long lost friends here. I don't speak to one of my friends from school from one year to the next but when we eventually do catch up its like we are back at school. I love that.

What I am talking about is meets off here that you haven't been in contact with for ages, for whatever reason, coming back and thinking they can just jump back on simply because you met them before!!

Sorry fellas, doesn't work that way!"

Yip, real friends can resume talkin after months as if they just spoke 5 mins ago, its nice.

"Had a fair few. Feck I cannae mind yesterday never mind meeting someone a few years ago!!! "

What day is it today? xx

"Hi , long time no speak, hows you.

Converts to, "hi, i've run outa options, thought i'd try you,,,,,6months later"."

Never been that shallow. Maybe 3 months but never 6.

Wish i just got a message lol

"Stupid feckers

Cute have I told you how amazingly attractive you are "

creep!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Think some have got the wrong end of the stick.

Sorry fellas, doesn't work that way!"

Why not ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Converts to, "hi, i've run outa options, thought i'd try you,,,,,6months later"."

What's wrong with that ?

It's funny when I get messages out of the blue as I can't remember what they look like so a simple "Thanx for your message but i can't remember you or what you lok like?" puts an end to them messaging me back.

I can't help it if my memeory is pants and they expect me to remember who they are.

Yes some guys do naturally assume that if you've met once, then I will automatically wish to meet with them again. It has nothing to do with not having a good time the first time around, I just like new experiences with different people.

What I always smile at are the messages that continue after a space of 6 months ie 'I've been thinking about what you told me last time, let's talk about it in more detail'. There's no way I can bluff my way out of it and I have to send a message saying 'who are you and give me a little reminder of what I said'. Some people get offended by that and the fact I haven't remembered them.

"my best mate moved to america 15 years ago.we've been in touch about 4 times since,he'll always be my best mate.

on fab,i like everyone on my friends list,that's not going to change if we don't constantly message each other.

most people are on here for some no strings sex,and the messaging system works both ways.

so if you receive a message,out of the blue,after months of nothing.your as responsible for that lack of communication as the other person,and now they are being criticised for making the first move.

it cannot be denied,single fems rule the roost on fab,and single guys take the brunt of any criticism going,at times with justification,but it's quite unfair to criticise someone for messaging you out of the blue.

when in all probability,that same message,from you,to them,out of the blue,would have been received with delight.

"

It's not just single guys that gets criticism, guys from couples get it too

Converts to, "hi, i've run outa options, thought i'd try you,,,,,6months later".

What's wrong with that ? "

Never declared it "wrong", just stating im familiar with the routine.

"I think... and that is how I am really... I get side tracked and then something happens that reminds me of a person and I contact them. Not just on here but generally in life. So for me it is quite possible not to have contact for a long time and then pick up again. Does not mean I am not friends with them... just get sidetracked sometimes. "

"For some people with an endlist of freinds it would take an enternity to keep messaging people and be rather time consuming. Depends on how tactile they are with you with their recent message to you. Dont you think it is the quality of the friendship/ relationship rather than the quantity of exchanges? I mean with some people it is so ok to have occasional contact and with others things are only skin deep and arguably they need more frequent contact to maintain that relationship?

That is true. I have good swinging and non swinging freinds where months, years pass by, but when contact is made it gives you warm feeling within that makes you understand why they are special."

The sign of a true friend methinks, is where it really doesn't matter how long since you spoke, it always feels like it was only yesterday!!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Same here....

We quite like getting a email out of the blue from people we have previously met. (providing we both liked them the last time round..lol)

» Add a new message to this topic