FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Leather handbag suggestions

Leather handbag suggestions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm looking for a new good quality leather handbag and was wondering if you lovely ladies could recommend a good designer/brand.

I love my coach bag but sadly can't get them over here or at least not in shops.

What I'm looking for is a nice satchel style or one with a handle on top and a shoulder strap too. My budget is up to around £175.

I love the oushka dover bag but sadly it's out of stock snd not likely to be back in for several months.

Happy to travel for right bag.

Yes I have a handbag addiction. I only get one fix a year so I make the most of it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aren122Woman  over a year ago

CHORLEY

have a look at bridge bags or Dr Martens do a leather satchel - i have one and love it

Thanks Those are two I haven't looked at yet xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dear M-B,i have had to ask my Ma about the handbags she has bought which are really quite smart designer chic and leather and the brand she adores is called Radley

I'm a Radley fan too and then sell them in debenhams or most designe outlets.

Prices start from about 99-125 but the leather is lovely and soft and the linings are nice and often bright designs

I'll only buy these bags now for quality rather than fashion!

I have two work bags, one Armani and the other DKNY. I've had these bags for 2 years now, my bags are always full of notes and work things, so really do get a lot of wear. They look brand new. I would rather have a good bag that will last me a long time than buy bags from River IslandN which look funky, but don't last and you'd be buying about 4 a year.

For my weekend bag I have an Ugg bag, which I like putting my hand inside as its so warm and fluffy.

Look in the big stores who sell designer ranges, especially when they have sales on

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have had a Radley bag a few years ago so will check them out again.

I've looked at John Lewis, debenhams, and house of faser and haven't found one I like

I do love the oushka dover bag I saw online but it's only in black ATM and I wanted brown. Having said that I'm torn cause everyone carrying brown this year so maybe I should go with black and be different. Plus black always in style.

Yes I prefer a really good bag that I truly love and happy to carry for years off and on. I tend to buy 1 good bag a year then I switch depending on my mood with ones I've bought over the years. My couch bag must be at least 5 years only but I still carry it and it still looks great.

I bought a Dunn for £75 and it already looked like crap after a week and the latch broke too so I took it back. Learned my lesson best to pay that little bit extra for proper leather.

Glad I'm not only one who likes my bags. Benz hates this time of year as it means hand bag shopping

Well I broke down and ordered a bag I saw online last night Its the oushka dover bag but in black. I wanted brown but apparently there is a long wait for brown and tbh I have several brown bags but no black ones. Hope I like it cause if not poor Benz will be taking me to Sheffield next week

"Dear M-B,i have had to ask my Ma about the handbags she has bought which are really quite smart designer chic and leather and the brand she adores is called Radley "

Love radley

"Well I broke down and ordered a bag I saw online last night Its the oushka dover bag but in black. I wanted brown but apparently there is a long wait for brown and tbh I have several brown bags but no black ones. Hope I like it cause if not poor Benz will be taking me to Sheffield next week "

Get him to take you to Paris for handbag shopping... come on one fix a year!

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

Even though you already bought one, you should still have a look at Bridge because they are first class Italian leather and seem to have the styles you prefer?

i have a brown dkny and i love it

also a black stella mcartney one which i love as well

"Even though you already bought one, you should still have a look at Bridge because they are first class Italian leather and seem to have the styles you prefer? "

they are good

"Well I broke down and ordered a bag I saw online last night Its the oushka dover bag but in black. I wanted brown but apparently there is a long wait for brown and tbh I have several brown bags but no black ones. Hope I like it cause if not poor Benz will be taking me to Sheffield next week

Get him to take you to Paris for handbag shopping... come on one fix a year!

"

I like your idea I'll def bring that suggestion up nxt year

"Even though you already bought one, you should still have a look at Bridge because they are first class Italian leather and seem to have the styles you prefer? "

Thanks I'll have a look xx I'm still open for suggestions as the other o e mY turn up and I may hate it lol. I wont waste money on a bag I don't absolutely love

"Even though you already bought one, you should still have a look at Bridge because they are first class Italian leather and seem to have the styles you prefer?

Thanks I'll have a look xx I'm still open for suggestions as the other o e mY turn up and I may hate it lol. I wont waste money on a bag I don't absolutely love "

Bags and shoes are the ONLY thing i wont allow others to buy me as presents.

Ok they only stay in Dust bags and boxes in my wardrobe but they have to be just right or it's not worth having them

» Add a new message to this topic