FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > International Day of Peace

International Day of Peace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had the absolute joy of meeting a woman this week who has been campaigning for peace most of her life. She is 107 in a couple of weeks and when asked what keeps her going she replied that you can't stop until it's all fixed.

It's the International Day of Peace today. What can you do to bring a bit of peace to your world?

Enjoy this day. It is all we have.

Peace to you all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Wow that must have been an amazing meeting - I love meeting inspiring people who have life experience and who continue to work for their mission in life, especially when it is about something that is for the common good like world peace.

I said on another thread about political correctness, that anything that is remotely helpful in promoting greater tolerance and understanding, that improves communication and reduces judgmentalism, prejudice and sterotypical thinking has to be a good thing and something I will always support.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I was once told by one of my great uncles that peace starts with a few word or a kind deed. Please and thank you seem to be dying words, as do good manners. Just a simple thing like holding open a door. Love the thought of word peace day, there's too much death and hate in this world. Peace and good will to you all.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

One reason i gave callum the name i did cause it means dove which signifies peace,

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Also the most wonderful gift you can have is peace of mind

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

the sentiment behind the International day of peace is commendable, and I fully support global peace, sadly until people are tolerent of one another globally are we any closer to achieving it? Perhaps better would be to concentrate on UNESCO's international day of tolerence on 17th November. Remember from tiny acorns mighty oaks flourish and grow, tolerence has to be the start of achieving global peace and ensuring the desire for peace throughout the world is observed on one single day to begin with.

Thanks for all of your comments. It was so sad to hear so many stories of fighting and destruction on Friday.

Be kind to each other.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

wow 107, well thank you to her for all she has done thus far xxx

"wow 107, well thank you to her for all she has done thus far xxx"

Hetty Bower is amazing. She was born where I grew up and it reminded me of Peter Ackroyd's assertion about places.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"It was so sad to hear so many stories of fighting and destruction on Friday."

Sadly the realities outside the UN leave Kofi Annan and Ban Ki Moon so detached from what is actually going on that violence, wanton destruction, oppression and persecution continue. Look at the UN's futile measures to try and stabilise and stop the violence in Syria, Then look at the recent comments made by the Israeli's about them using nuclear weapons against Iran for their desire to be a nuclear weapons power as well.

Tolerence? Hmmm perhaps that and peace need to move over and relinquish their allocated international days so that more achievable things like an international day for Doctor Who fans can be celebrated

» Add a new message to this topic