FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > housing association's

housing association's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

our local housing association as just fitted us a new roof very nice of them as it does look nice BUT just been informed as part of the roof upgrades they are also replacing the TV ariels on all the properties thats nice you might say well it was till we found out all tennents on housing benefit are getting it done free of charge all of us who work and pay full rent have to pay a fee of £150 to have it done well i suppose its going to save us the cost of a TV licence as we now have no signal because they have taken ours down and wont put the new one up unless we pay for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Could you get it done yourself cheaper maybe?

Pop it in your attic, get a booster about £20 and vola- a shiny new roof without any fixings lol...

dont you have sky or virgin, you dont need a aerial if you do

and if you dont get the basic package id sooner do that than pay them under those circumstances

I wouldnt have any tell me i had to buy anything i didnt want, if the old aerial worked ok it seems a bit of a scam taking it down and making you pay for a new one

I'm confused, you got your new roof for free?

"our local housing association as just fitted us a new roof very nice of them as it does look nice BUT just been informed as part of the roof upgrades they are also replacing the TV ariels on all the properties thats nice you might say well it was till we found out all tennents on housing benefit are getting it done free of charge all of us who work and pay full rent have to pay a fee of £150 to have it done well i suppose its going to save us the cost of a TV licence as we now have no signal because they have taken ours down and wont put the new one up unless we pay for it

"

If they have removed your existing ariel without permission they have a case to answer. I would ask firstly for the ariel back and see if they can do that as they might not be able to and see how they reply.

I'd gladly pay £150 for a new TV arial if it meant I'd get a brand new roof on my house for free. So people want everything for nothing.

That point is moot though as the property doesn't belong to the OP so they are under no obligation whatsoever to maintain the roof. It's not about wanting something for nothing, it's the landlord's responsibility.

I would actually question whether they can remove your aerial as well without permission from you. I would imagine if that was your aerial and they have removed/damaged it in any way they would have to right their wrong.

The housing association would have needed to get permission to do the roof on your house. So when you signed the forms fir your nice new roof did you actually read all of it or just sign away as you was getting a new roof and better insulation on your house.

Really don't understand the OP's issue, if I had to pay for one or the other I know which I'd rather! You will probably save a fair bit on your heating bill too this winter thanks to your new roof

mm. This sounds like it could be a multiple system. The likely hood is , it may have one ariel and one booster fed off one property and the rest tap into it. Either way, she shouldnt have to pay to have hers altered if there was nothing wrong with the existing one. Sounds like the landlords made a fuck up and drawing off the housing lot, and trying his luck with others to cover the cost. Greedy cunt.

"I'd gladly pay £150 for a new TV arial if it meant I'd get a brand new roof on my house for free. So people want everything for nothing. "

my point is if some one who dont pay rent gets it for free why should some one who pays rent also have to pay to have it replaced when it wasnt brocken i the first place its they caused the problem so it should be upto them to fix it not us

"mm. This sounds like it could be a multiple system. The likely hood is , it may have one ariel and one booster fed off one property and the rest tap into it. Either way, she shouldnt have to pay to have hers altered if there was nothing wrong with the existing one. Sounds like the landlords made a fuck up and drawing off the housing lot, and trying his luck with others to cover the cost. Greedy cunt. "

no its 4 houses in 1 block the 3 houses that have there rent payed because they would rather sit at home allday doing sweet fa have had thers replaced free of charge all of thouse who pay full rent have to pay towards the cost of having them replaced why should we pay for there cock ups

coz idle cunts in this country get their arse wiped, the workers get screwed. Its not rite.

"The housing association would have needed to get permission to do the roof on your house. So when you signed the forms fir your nice new roof did you actually read all of it or just sign away as you was getting a new roof and better insulation on your house."

they got a grant of the goverment to get it done we dont have any say in the matter and didnt sign anything we just got a letter saying it was getting done we only found out by talking to the family next door that thouse on benefits are gitting the upgrade done for free were as us who pay full rent have to pay for it

It should be covered under your service charge if you pay one. Thats for maintaing the building etc. so it might be worth looking through your tenancy agreement

» Add a new message to this topic