FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > iphone

iphone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

why would you sit out side a shop all night to get one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because they are geeks, we might be, but not that desperate

Ours are being delivered

"Because they are geeks, we might be, but not that desperate

Ours are being delivered "

posh geeks

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Some people queing since 4am! Apple must be rubbing their hands with glee. Istupid idiots.....

Baaahh baaahhh I hear the sheep moving.

Mine at home waiting for me … won't get any sense out of me tonite lol

Be in iheaven with all the sheep we cant all be wrong can we ???

"Mine at home waiting for me … won't get any sense out of me tonite lol

Be in iheaven with all the sheep we cant all be wrong can we ??? "

Android phones are becomming ever more popular, and the current ones on the market are still more powerful than the latest iPhone.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"why would you sit out side a shop all night to get one?

"

It amazes me, same as they used to if a new film or something came out. Ive never been desperate enough to own anything in my life that id sit outside a shop for.

I dont have one or intend to have one but if i did id just order it lol. It would probley arrive before some got to the front of the queue anyway

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

My daughter and her boyfriends arrived an hour ago and I get the old one

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Mine is being delivered too. Don't think I wait outside for one thou

this was on Viz Top Tips online

"Suicide bombers, you don't have to kill yourselves and others to meet 72 virgins. Just join the iPhone 5 queue outside the Apple store"

No comment from me as a self-confessed dork.............

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

myself i think iphone are shite, you are tied to apple and nothing else way to over priced. i myself have a htc desire hd brillant phone andriod all the way for me

529 quid for a toy ,they taking the piss .........Oh! When's iPhone 6 coming out lol

"Mine at home waiting for me … won't get any sense out of me tonite lol

Be in iheaven with all the sheep we cant all be wrong can we ??? "

Just don't use apple's maps if you need directions to a meet!!

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

"529 quid for a toy ,they taking the piss .........Oh! When's iPhone 6 coming out lol "

Probably the week after christmas the week before christmas will be when the iphone 5s super duper must have upgrade comes out

By *tingomurphyMan  over a year ago

Hayes

You can't fault apples build quality or customer service

"529 quid for a toy ,they taking the piss .........Oh! When's iPhone 6 coming out lol

Probably the week after christmas the week before christmas will be when the iphone 5s super duper must have upgrade comes out "

Heard you already need to buy an adapter because its not compatible with a lot of the apple stuff that's already out ! .....Cost another 25quid !

Nice one Apple

"You can't fault apples build quality or customer service"

There's no question their kits the best on the market , if they made cars I'd buy one tomorrow

dudley

That is true they even replaced mine that got wet in sea.

dudley

That is true they even replaced mine that got wet in sea.

Other than not using the correct Aerials when the iPhone 3 was released, having to update software and releasing a new version every 6 months to rectify the issues.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

seriously... wow so much hate....

i think someone said it best like this...

is there enough good reasons to change from if you have a samsung to the iphone... probably not...

is there enough good reasons to change if you have an iphone to a samsung.... probably not...

just let those who are excited, be excited....

"529 quid for a toy ,they taking the piss .........Oh! When's iPhone 6 coming out lol "

At least a year! And no 5s (as the s was for siri) and that is already on the 5

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

have they integrated a usable phone with this one.????

their phones are pretty much run of the mill,but their marketing is second to none,in fact it's probably the best ever.

There's is a problem with the iPhone 5's mapping service. I didn't think iPhone users needed maps, I assumed they just blindly follow everyone else.

"There's is a problem with the iPhone 5's mapping service. I didn't think iPhone users needed maps, I assumed they just blindly follow everyone else."

"myself i think iphone are shite, you are tied to apple and nothing else way to over priced. i myself have a htc desire hd brillant phone andriod all the way for me "

That isn't true as I have an Iphone and I love it though to be honest, I just got it for the touch key board and my contract is with 3 who are shite but I wouldn't sit around all night waiting to get one, I will just upgrade in a years time, no big deal. Plus I don't understand the difference between android and iphone, they both have the same features so where is the difference?

"There's is a problem with the iPhone 5's mapping service. I didn't think iPhone users needed maps, I assumed they just blindly follow everyone else."

Some of us need the maps as we don't all have sat nav

i had my phone delivered yesterday and i blooming LOVE it!!!

dudley

"myself i think iphone are shite, you are tied to apple and nothing else way to over priced. i myself have a htc desire hd brillant phone andriod all the way for me

That isn't true as I have an Iphone and I love it though to be honest, I just got it for the touch key board and my contract is with 3 who are shite but I wouldn't sit around all night waiting to get one, I will just upgrade in a years time, no big deal. Plus I don't understand the difference between android and iphone, they both have the same features so where is the difference?"

The usual difference is apple sue for breach of copyright otherwise it usually build quality and the iPhone having more accessories to pull into

I have an HTC One-X and couldn't be happier.

Great for browsing, great audio, great for gaming and the camera is better than a lot of dedicated digital cameras out there.

The great thing about android is that anyone can Create an app as the operating system is open source, which is great for future usability and upgrades.

Have to say the maps on the anroid especially the sat nav I prefer to iphone and tomtom.

Just wait until 4G is readily available lets see who wins the market then.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

The usual difference is apple sue for breach of copyright otherwise it usually build quality and the iPhone having more accessories to pull into "

one way to look at it... the other is that samsung got fat and big on copying apple... was the billion dollars they got ordered to pay apple worth it... absolutely!!! since you are now looking at a mobile division making 20bn a year....

I have had my 4 for almost 2 years and in the queue of people waiting for the 5..... the thing I did was go into the shop last week, put a S3 in my hand, paid with it a little and said...

"is there enough going on here for me to want to change from something I have gotten use to and have set up so I can use it"

the answer for me is no....

i am not so bothered about the changing of the connecters.... once in 10 years... and if they don't do it for another 10 if/when they do people will complain again

people are very quick to call people who buy apple products sheep... but so many people wouldn't buy them if they didn't get it right a lot of the time....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Have to say the maps on the anroid especially the sat nav I prefer to iphone and tomtom.

Just wait until 4G is readily available lets see who wins the market then."

see... that is one of the things... I tried out the maps app to see what it was like on a 4.. I wasn't that impressed with it, I wasn't that impressed with the google maps either, so I actually bought an sat nav app when I passed me test (co-pilot)... works well for me...

so those who didn't like either will continue to use what they use.... and there are hundreds of different sat nav apps out there.....

because I am on orange I am also looking forward to seeing how much quicker the 4G is as well......

"529 quid for a toy ,they taking the piss .........Oh! When's iPhone 6 coming out lol

"

Julie.....you know too much

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple  over a year ago

wirral

"

The iphone 6 is due out in March next year and the pictures of the iphone 7 are already out and about. Think apple release new ones far too often and should give people who bought the last one the next one a lot cheaper. Never had one, just about always used nokia but my contract is up and am thinking iphone!!!

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

I don't understand why people need the next all sing and dancing phone when it comes out. I would prefer to wait a year and let the companies iron out all the faults that come with new phones. Also by waiting till the next all singing all dancing phone makes the one beforehand free.

The iphone 6 is due out in March next year and the pictures of the iphone 7 are already out and about. Think apple release new ones far too often and should give people who bought the last one the next one a lot cheaper. Never had one, just about always used nokia but my contract is up and am thinking iphone!!!"

WOW, you know more than Julie! Seriously though if your right that's 6mths , that's bad!

"I don't understand why people need the next all sing and dancing phone when it comes out. I would prefer to wait a year and let the companies iron out all the faults that come with new phones. Also by waiting till the next all singing all dancing phone makes the one beforehand free."
very true, never buy a new tech toy, these things are never tested properly, they let the public do the testing.I used to work for a major car maker, and the state of cars released was frankly shocking

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

my girlfriend knows someone who was testing the iphone 5 for orange and he said he wouldn't bother with the 5 just yet. He said stick with the 4s. He also said the galaxy 3 is a lot better

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I don't understand why people need the next all sing and dancing phone when it comes out. I would prefer to wait a year and let the companies iron out all the faults that come with new phones. Also by waiting till the next all singing all dancing phone makes the one beforehand free."

Totally agree - my iPhone 4 contract ran out last month and I was happy to updrade to 4s even though all my mates told met was mad and should wait for the 5!!

No way would I sit outside a shop to get a phone.

Maybe if I'd had the chance to sit outside waiting to meet Elvis Presley or Amy Winehouse I'd have done it, but for a phone ? No!

"The iphone 6 is due out in March next year and the pictures of the iphone 7 are already out and about...."

Wrong. Sorry.

Apple have released one new phone per year since 2007. If there's an iPhone 6 in March, I will buy you one myself.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"The iphone 6 is due out in March next year and the pictures of the iphone 7 are already out and about....

Wrong. Sorry.

Apple have released one new phone per year since 2007. If there's an iPhone 6 in March, I will buy you one myself."

They were joking

I think _abio said it best, if you're happy with what you've got, why bother changing. There are niggles with iPhones that I couldn't be doing with but on the other hand, I'm sure there were similar niggles with my Android phone that I've learnt to live with !

Changing the docking port was a bit sneaky though, they could have at least gone with the micro USB port that everyone else uses.

I've got an S2 which I love. I like, for one thing, that it takes a separate micro SD card rather than having the storage built in. I'd like there to be a better range of flip cases without a magnetic fastener but that is my only gripe.

I also like that it was free and the tariff is better than the iphone ones available at the time.

An iphone would have cost me a couple of hundred pounds for the handset with a more expensive, less good tariff.

For me the decision was clear cut.

To those that love the iphone, I'm glad you're as happy with your phone as I am. To those who would queue overnight to get one, I hope you are/were successful and that you love the phone.

Which phone is "better" is a very personal thing.

"The iphone 6 is due out in March next year and the pictures of the iphone 7 are already out and about....

Wrong. Sorry.

Apple have released one new phone per year since 2007. If there's an iPhone 6 in March, I will buy you one myself.

They were joking"

Some matters are far too serious to joke about.

» Add a new message to this topic