FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 8 out of 10 want...

8 out of 10 want...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

According to a survey by the road safety charity Brake, 8 out of 10 want to see fixed penalty notices for driving offences to be a minimum of £200 , and half of us said £500..

The new level About to be introduced is £90 ..

How much do you think driving fines should be??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Buggar all, fines should be free!

Depends on the rule thats broken...;-)

Anyone holding a mobile phone should be banned for life... There are no excuses with all the modern technology about...

On the other hand... It is wrong but easy to occasionally forget to put a seatbelt on...;-)

I think anyone in BRAKE should cock the fuck off.

If they had their way we'd all be driving a generic box with wheels and the roads would be like those kids fairground rides where the plastic cars are on rails.

Cunts.

Still, its all down to peoples preference/choice.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

Still, its all down to peoples preference/choice."

One day left to work out this poxy song

By *ugartitsandhimCouple  over a year ago

North West

"According to a survey by the road safety charity Brake, 8 out of 10 want to see fixed penalty notices for driving offences to be a minimum of £200 , and half of us said £500..

How much do you think driving fines should be??"

Find this really hard to believe that the general public said they thought the fines should rise. I agree do a crime and pay the price but the amounts stated would be stupid. I think they may well have picked who they asked??

"I think anyone in BRAKE should cock the fuck off.

If they had their way we'd all be driving a generic box with wheels and the roads would be like those kids fairground rides where the plastic cars are on rails.

Cunts.

Still, its all down to peoples preference/choice."

Spot on!

Do gooders rarely know what they are talking about.

I like fast, loud cars, bikes, vans, trucks etc.

The time, effort, money and SAFETY spent on these vehicles way surpass any factory standards.

The drivers of these vehicles respect the roads as too much has gone into building them to jepardise the luxury of driving.

The do gooders should concentrate on all the cars being recalled back to factories because of substandard workmanship and the reps that drive them whilst drinking coffee, using mobiles and worse.

The fines should fit the crime.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

The problem is that if people think that there's a good chance that they'll get away with poor, careless, and downright dangerous driving then they'll carry on doing it, so I can't see increasing fines making any difference - short of turning the roads into a police state, the answer is education.

A good example is drink driving - 25 years ago plenty of otherwise law abiding people would think nothing of driving after a few drinks - they saw the law as rather heavy-handed - the attitude was " I'm not d*unk on 4 pints, I can drive perfectly well, therefore I'm not d*unk driving, regardless of what the law says"

These days, because people are better educated on the risks, plenty of people won't drive even after a single drink, and even the act of drink driving (let alone being caught) carries a huge social stigma.

I see an interesting parallel between that and using mobile phones while driving - the message hasn't yet got across that it is equivalent in terms of how it affects your driving to being about one and a half to two times over the alcohol limit - so you hear the same old self-serving excuses that people used to make about drink driving 25 years ago.

I agree with Euro - top of the list should be a huge fine for driving holding a mobile, it doesnt cost much to have an alternative way of speaking on the phone, next should be kids that aren't belted up in the back .......... I could go on but am gonna stop there

"According to a survey by the road safety charity Brake, 8 out of 10 want to see fixed penalty notices for driving offences to be a minimum of £200 , and half of us said £500..

How much do you think driving fines should be??"

Do you think that maybe they asked a group of people at a bus stop or in a train station or at a pressure group meeting ?

You can to a degree make statistics say what you want them to if you ask the right people and compile them properly.

I think more than penalty payments, if people started accruing points on their licence as a result of parking / driving offences then we may see a drop in offences.

A good deal of people can find £60 / £90, but adding points onto a licence can be a costly affair insurance wise and obviously an amalgamation of points can cause serious problems for people who rely on having a licence for work purposes.

At the end of the days rules are put in place for safety reasons. Whilst we don't all agree with them, and break them we have to take the consequences.

I had an interesting chat with a guy whole spent 18 months inside for death by dangerous driving. Killed someone whilst texting.

He knows he did wrong, accepted his punishment. He would never text again at the wheel.

If a speeding fine was higher, and more points we wouldn't do it.

"

One day left to work out this poxy song "

i think i may know ... Waiting for confirmation

In Your Bush

"

i think i may know ... Waiting for confirmation "

You will have a long wait she is out all day lol. Tell me

"

i think i may know ... Waiting for confirmation

You will have a long wait she is out all day lol. Tell me "

Ah well Im patient noooooooo

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

People who usually complain about driving offence fines (whether speeding, parking, or whatever) tend to be those who speed or park illegally and somehow think that it should be their right to do so.

I have had speeding and parking fines and, at times felt aggrieved about it because it has mainly been a result of not noticing the speeding or parking restriction in that area. However, I am happy to take the consequences because I should have been more careful not to flout the law in the first place.

What angers me most is the number of people who do speed and park illegally and get away with it. Anyone caught doing more than 20 miles above any speed limit should be banned from driving as anyone doing that has not simply made a mistake but is deliberately breaking the limit and putting other people's lives at risk with their recklessness.

It makes me laugh when people say, oh I am a great driver so I should be able to speed, or I have a high performance car, so the law shouldn't apply to me. No matter how good a driver they are, and they are usually not as good as they think they are, they can never take account of the other driver's skills, or pedestrians, or animals, or children, etc, who might just cross their path suddenly.

You get these people these days in 4x4s in particular who suddenly think they rule the road just because their car is bigger and heavier than yours and that they no longer have to obey the rules of courtesy.

Then there is the lack these days of people using indicators...don't get me started on that...Do drivers these days realise they've got them and, according to the highway code, they are supposed to use them when turning or changing lane?

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"I agree with Euro - top of the list should be a huge fine for driving holding a mobile, it doesnt cost much to have an alternative way of speaking on the phone, next should be kids that aren't belted up in the back .......... I could go on but am gonna stop there "

Well there is a huge fine for it already in a round about way.

If your insurance company find out you have been caught using a mobile while driving they'll put your insurance premiums up by the same amount as they would if you had been caught drink driving ....... at least that's what I heard recently.

I can't see the size of the fine making much difference tho - as long as people think the chances of getting caught are slim and/or there's nothing really wrong with doing it, they'll carry on regardless.

As most cars now have bluetooth and you can pick a handsfree kit up for about £30 i think people caught using a mobile phone while driving should face an automatic ban......As should drink drivers

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"As most cars now have bluetooth and you can pick a handsfree kit up for about £30 i think people caught using a mobile phone while driving should face an automatic ban......As should drink drivers"

it does make me laugh when see a new high end car with the driver holding a phone ... would have thought they come with B/T as standard as part of the audio system .. and it only takes a moment to pair car/phone each time after the very first time

"As most cars now have bluetooth and you can pick a handsfree kit up for about £30 i think people caught using a mobile phone while driving should face an automatic ban......As should drink drivers"

Driving a vehicle is a dangerous business people should be concentrating on the driving, no calls in car, it is dangerous driving as far as I can see.

Without a blue tooth device in my car, I would be pretty much housebound at a weekend.

My job relies heavily on being on call 24/7 and calls come in at all times of night and day.

Clients will not wait an hour for a response, they want their call answering there and then and a response to their query in 5/10 minutes.

It is an unfortunate side effect of modern business that round the clock coverage is required to remain competitive in a difficult market.

So wherever I am, I am always in possession of at least 2 mobiles at any one time - and that includes being in the car.

That said, my last 4 cars have always been bought primarily on the basis that they are bluetooth enabled as like others, it does grind me seeing people on hands held mobiles whilst driving.

In Your Bush

"Without a blue tooth device in my car, I would be pretty much housebound at a weekend.

My job relies heavily on being on call 24/7 and calls come in at all times of night and day.

Clients will not wait an hour for a response, they want their call answering there and then and a response to their query in 5/10 minutes.

It is an unfortunate side effect of modern business that round the clock coverage is required to remain competitive in a difficult market.

So wherever I am, I am always in possession of at least 2 mobiles at any one time - and that includes being in the car.

That said, my last 4 cars have always been bought primarily on the basis that they are bluetooth enabled as like others, it does grind me seeing people on hands held mobiles whilst driving.

"

Totally understand where you are coming from on this. Clients pay the money and they expect immediate attention. It was exactly the same for me when I provided that naked ironing service. I was attending to wrinkles at all hours.

» Add a new message to this topic