FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Grammar

Grammar

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uv2kiss OP   Man  over a year ago

fenland

I may not be the best educated person on here, but one thing that annoys me is bad grammar.

I know it shouldn't and young people use text speak anyway.

I know phones auto correct but not knowing the correct use of there, their, or they're for example.

Why does it annoy me, it's a sex site and if I met them in a bar or a club I wouldn't have a clue about their use of grammar.

I would be attracted to their banter or looks etc.

What are your views on grammar in an opening message ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It annoys me too, just the way I am. It doesn't put me off the person though. Usually something else puts me off.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Their are many different reasons why people type the way they do, there education, there lack of interest in conforming to a narrowly held ideal. Its not worth getting youre knickers in a twist, yes, sure people should of the time to get it alright but their is no point knocking them.

(I do think it suggests an incompatibility, maybe it's something you pride yourself on, maybe you're a bit of an intellectual snob? Who knows? )

BAd shit innit

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"Their are many different reasons why people type the way they do, there education, there lack of interest in conforming to a narrowly held ideal. Its not worth getting youre knickers in a twist, yes, sure people should of the time to get it alright but their is no point knocking them.

(I do think it suggests an incompatibility, maybe it's something you pride yourself on, maybe you're a bit of an intellectual snob? Who knows? )"

This made me laugh.

I love grammar and her crumpet.

Omfg lol. here’s where I find who to talk to and who probably won’t ever reply to me

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Firstly I take on board what they have said. The meaning of their message.

At the same time I notice their grammar usage.

Then I totally ignore their grammar usage and read their profile and look at their pictures.

Then I meet them for sex - or not.

What annoys YOU lies within YOU. Your first line is .....

I'm not the best educated. That's why you point the finger...... you are pointing it at what you don't like about yourself.

By *agpie and RavenMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Sum will say differant butt if the person messaging fits you're physical requirements ewe tend two ignore the grammatical/speling errors.

Frank

By *iss_Cali_xxCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Their are many different reasons why people type the way they do, there education, there lack of interest in conforming to a narrowly held ideal. Its not worth getting youre knickers in a twist, yes, sure people should of the time to get it alright but their is no point knocking them.

(I do think it suggests an incompatibility, maybe it's something you pride yourself on, maybe you're a bit of an intellectual snob? Who knows? )"

If I could reply to this with a gif it would be that one of Chris Pratt when he was in the office...

Your so funny

By *neakypeaky30Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

Yeah I'm not a fan of bad grammar. Try not to judge based on that though.

Whatever the reason for being on Fab, it's unlikely to be a Pen Pal

King's Crustacean

While I'm here - I am capable of using correct grammar and syntax and all that it entails.

I can construct sentences or use fragments or write in poetic purple prose. I can write in succinct legal text types showing erudition or I can crap about .....

Writing is a contextual form as is speech.

Forsooth I give not thrice fuckeths for the letterings when the cockles reacheth the ankles and the mind tickleth my very soul.

King's Crustacean

"Yeah I'm not a fan of bad grammar. Try not to judge based on that though.

Whatever the reason for being on Fab, it's unlikely to be a Pen Pal

"

Dear Sneaky,

How are you ? Today we went to the beach.

Just bee grapeful you git a massage as many a single guy don't git any at all

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Their/they're annoys me as do many others.

However this is nothing at all like the same as me never being entirely sure about loose/lose. Onviously I'm a nice person so the fact I struggle with somethings is OK. Other people though should just stop being thick ...

Mr

Let’s face it, this sort of self righteous nonsense of a post has been posted many many times. Always looks to me as the OPs of such post are narrow minded, not well traveled and show a lack of wisdom and certainly not a ‘global citizen’.

For a start, we live in a multicultural country where English could be their second language, if not third.

In OP’s post he has written ‘etc’ - this sir is an abbreviation - so you too use text speak so you have contradicted yourself there. Damn! I wish people’s grammar was better….

I wouldn’t be attracted to someone as shallow minded as this as they would spend the evening correcting any perceived mis-pronunciation I may make.

Mrs VS.

Crying Two many pearlers too mention in there Meli!

» Add a new message to this topic