FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > loyalty, honesty, respect and honour

loyalty, honesty, respect and honour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To me Loyalty, honesty, Respect and honour are the most important virtues.

But I also feel the world is losing these virtues.

What are your _iews on this subject?

And what virtues are most important to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

honesty above everything xxx

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"To me Loyalty, honesty, Respect and honour are the most important virtues.

But I also feel the world is losing these virtues.

What are your _iews on this subject?

And what virtues are most important to you?"

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Accountability ......... I truly believe everyone is responsible for their lot in life. Too much looking to blame the socials workers, the MP's, the police, the next door neighbours cat is something goes wrong in yours...

Humility.... never forgetting from where you came from, if you do... the first day of a possible downfall.

For me, the biggest challenge we have is bitterness & jealousy towards the people who are deemed to be more successful.

Tolerance, trust, kindness and courtesy are all virtues that are important to me (Mrs).

I think people respond and react to how they are treated in society.

"Accountability ......... I truly believe everyone is responsible for their lot in life. Too much looking to blame the socials workers, the MP's, the police, the next door neighbours cat is something goes wrong in yours...

Humility.... never forgetting from where you came from, if you do... the first day of a possible downfall.

For me, the biggest challenge we have is bitterness & jealousy towards the people who are deemed to be more successful."

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Humility come first. With it all other virtuous follow

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Respect and honesty are the ones by which I live.

Honesty is the top of my list, kindness, decency, good morals and values x

"Accountability ......... I truly believe everyone is responsible for their lot in life. Too much looking to blame the socials workers, the MP's, the police, the next door neighbours cat is something goes wrong in yours...

For me, the biggest challenge we have is bitterness & jealousy towards the people who are deemed to be more successful."

Accountability absolutely! Too much blaming everyone else.

Respect goes a long way with me.

Honesty and trust above everything else x

How dare you suggest that these virtues are the best ones when clearly there are millions of other things there could be, it's indicative of the kind of narrow minded virtuousness in this virtue-centric world.

I'm so incensed that I've completely lost my train of thought.

Still, it's all down to peoples preferences/choice.

Accountability, that's a very good one and I do believe that is rapidly disappearing too

"How dare you suggest that these virtues are the best ones when clearly there are millions of other things there could be, it's indicative of the kind of narrow minded virtuousness in this virtue-centric world.

Still, it's all down to peoples preferences/choice."

Not sure if I'm missing the point of your post, but I've always been one of those people who only reply to questions and discussions when I have something constructive to add. Just saying.

"How dare you suggest that these virtues are the best ones when clearly there are millions of other things there could be, it's indicative of the kind of narrow minded virtuousness in this virtue-centric world.

Not sure if I've missed something but the OP said "To me ....." so these are the most important virtues in the OPs opinion, why incensed?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think empathy is a quality that is lacking more and more these days. I personally think that if we could understand how others feel then we might be a bit less judgemental about their situations.

agree with the first two ...however how you managed to be succesful i will always bicker bout i.e Mr cameron , Mr osbourne etc etc i believe if you have worked for it paid your dues then fine , If you born with it all you know nothing .

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I think empathy is a quality that is lacking more and more these days. I personally think that if we could understand how others feel then we might be a bit less judgemental about their situations."

By *uggers nemesisCouple  over a year ago

london

common sense,wisdom,patience,imagination,compassion,integrity,tolerance,fidelity and generosity

By *adyH and GrissomCouple  over a year ago

Llantarnum

If you treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself you can't go far wrong

How very dare you!

london

I have to disagree with this.Howis everyone responsible for their lot in life? Imagine all the children being born right now to junkies,are they responsible for their lot.How about orphans with no family to help? I xould go on but its such a pathetic statement i wont bother

london

For me, the biggest challenge we have is bitterness & jealousy towards the people who are deemed to be more successful.

I have to disagree with this.Howis everyone responsible for their lot in life? Imagine all the children being born right now to junkies,are they responsible for their lot.How about orphans with no family to help? I xould go on but its such a pathetic statement i wont bother"

I'd also like to point out that humility has nothing to do with remebering where you come from

"

I have to disagree with this.Howis everyone responsible for their lot in life? Imagine all the children being born right now to junkies,are they responsible for their lot.How about orphans with no family to help? I xould go on but its such a pathetic statement i wont bother"

I don't think their talking about children, I think that is aimed at the adult population.

A child can not really be held accountable for what they do as they are still learning and developing.

It is then the adult that is accountable for their child and should not blame "things they pick up in school" or "off the tv" when said child acts up.

Concern.

This is one thing people spend too much time doing and worrying about others.

All the posts on social.networking sites concerning someone they don't know, haven't met and never will are pointless, maybe if the people spent more concern about their immediate family and the ones close to them, then they could put as much effort 'liking' them instead of strangers.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I have to disagree with this.Howis everyone responsible for their lot in life? Imagine all the children being born right now to junkies,are they responsible for their lot.How about orphans with no family to help? I xould go on but its such a pathetic statement i wont bother

I'd also like to point out that humility has nothing to do with remebering where you come from"

thanks for pointing that out... I used the definition:

the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, & remaining grounded

hope that's ok

london

I'd also like to point out that humility has nothing to do with remebering where you come from

thanks for pointing that out... I used the definition:

the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, & remaining grounded

hope that's ok"

» Add a new message to this topic