FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Energy savings.........

Energy savings.........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I leap on articles...... but when it says by washing at lower temperatures you could save up to £30.00 per year.. I look like this and think .....

Really ?

I'm looking for free warmth not cold washes that save me pennies.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

King's Crustacean

How much would encourage you to cut down on energy usage ??

Give me a tip while you are at it.....

First one to say the 3.30 at Kempston is a twat of the highest order.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For some it's the choice between eating or heating..

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm a real penny pincher, the less money I spend, the less I have to work.

I think about the cost of everything I do because I hate working and want to carry on living my simple life.

My combined fuel bill is £8 a month, I live in a two bed terrace on my own.

King's Crustacean

"For some it's the choice between eating or heating.."

So shame the rich why don't you!

King's Crustacean

"I'm a real penny pincher, the less money I spend, the less I have to work.

I think about the cost of everything I do because I hate working and want to carry on living my simple life.

My combined fuel bill is £8 a month, I live in a two bed terrace on my own."

Im a penny pincher but the standing cost even when using NO power is about 100 for the meters.....etc

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

£8?! How do you manage that? Ours is currently over £100 per month and I feel we’re mindful about putting the heating on and turning things off etc.

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

"For some it's the choice between eating or heating..

So shame the rich why don't you! "

Not their fault.. it's the Torries' fault

Wait what?? How is that possible? My standing charge alone is triple of this!!

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"How much would encourage you to cut down on energy usage ??

Give me a tip while you are at it.....

First one to say the 3.30 at Kempston is a twat of the highest order."

4.00 o'clock

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

When the other people in the house (husband & children) can’t talk because their lips are frozen shut I’ll consider putting the heating on. Until then I have lots of blankets

J x

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I leap on articles...... but when it says by washing at lower temperatures you could save up to £30.00 per year.. I look like this and think .....

Really ?

I'm looking for free warmth not cold washes that save me pennies."

I thought the washing at lower temperatures was clothes washing, are they saying wash yourself at a lower temps?

King's Crustacean

Not their fault.. it's the Torries' fault "

I am the rich dear...... and £240 for a computer is not expensive..

King's Crustacean

"I leap on articles...... but when it says by washing at lower temperatures you could save up to £30.00 per year.. I look like this and think .....

Really ?

I'm looking for free warmth not cold washes that save me pennies.

I thought the washing at lower temperatures was clothes washing, are they saying wash yourself at a lower temps? "

No. If you want to save 5p don't wash yourself all year.

I am the rich dear...... and £240 for a computer is not expensive.."

It's over £2k granny.. holy smokes

King's Crustacean

It's over £2k granny.. holy smokes "

Eh ?

You never said that ......... your kidney is worth about 8K or 1k if you hit the whisky hard

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

£30? Is that all?

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"£30? Is that all? "

If everyone on this site turned down the dial and sent me the £30 I would be very happy. Message for bank transfer details

King's Crustacean

"£30? Is that all? "

See ! That's EXACTLY how I feel about 50p per week.

"When the other people in the house (husband & children) can’t talk because their lips are frozen shut I’ll consider putting the heating on. Until then I have lots of blankets

J x"

I see future Arctic explorers in the making.

King's Crustacean

"£30? Is that all?

If everyone on this site turned down the dial and sent me the £30 I would be very happy. Message for bank transfer details "

What dial ? I don't have any heating on ........ can't afford it.

King's Crustacean

It's over £2k granny.. holy smokes "

£239.90 a year for 10 years...... !!! I thought it was 240 all in ....I was going to say .... get me one!

Can you open up a fireplace and burn things. Take an apron with large pockets when going on a walk in the woods and collect firewood. Furniture goes up a treat if not.

London

£8?! How do you manage that? Ours is currently over £100 per month and I feel we’re mindful about putting the heating on and turning things off etc.

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x "

I make everything last.

I wear the same clothes many times therefor not using a washing machine often, I change bedding 7/10 days, don't use the oven, I'm very clean but don't shower every day and it has to be incredibly cold before I even consider turning the heating on. I never soak in a bath, not only do I find it boring, I hate seeing my money disappear down a drain.

I don't use a hairdryer, dishwasher or tumble dryer, leave any lights on or use an iron. I don't wash up under running water and I have it perfected to use as little water and energy as possible.

Sounds all terribly miserish but it means I spend money on the things I love doing instead and I have a happy, lovely, contented life.

In other aspects, clothes and shoes last. I shop mainly in charity places, Marketplace, and I buy food that's been reduced, not because I fancy eating something but I'm a good cook, I'm the sort that feeds 10 with two eggs, half a loaf and odds and sods in the fridge.

I've just made two batches of foraged fruit chutneys in the slow cooker, put into jars that cost me nothing.

If I really want something frivolous, I put it on my birthday or Christmas list and the family come up trumps, they think I'm bored with my Chanel No.5 gifts but I'm addicted!

I don't eat out because I'm horrified at the cost of food, I don't drink or smoke.

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

I wear the same clothes many times therefor not using a washing machine often, I change bedding 7/10 days, don't use the oven, I'm very clean but don't shower every day and it has to be incredibly cold before I even consider turning the heating on. I never soak in a bath, not only do I find it boring, I hate seeing my money disappear down a drain.

I don't use a hairdryer, dishwasher or tumble dryer, leave any lights on or use an iron. I don't wash up under running water and I have it perfected to use as little water and energy as possible.

Sounds all terribly miserish but it means I spend money on the things I love doing instead and I have a happy, lovely, contented life.

In other aspects, clothes and shoes last. I shop mainly in charity places, Marketplace, and I buy food that's been reduced, not because I fancy eating something but I'm a good cook, I'm the sort that feeds 10 with two eggs, half a loaf and odds and sods in the fridge.

I've just made two batches of foraged fruit chutneys in the slow cooker, put into jars that cost me nothing.

If I really want something frivolous, I put it on my birthday or Christmas list and the family come up trumps, they think I'm bored with my Chanel No.5 gifts but I'm addicted!

I don't eat out because I'm horrified at the cost of food, I don't drink or smoke.

"

Perfect wifey material right here gents

King's Crustacean

Thank fuck sex is free Topsy

London

Wait what?? How is that possible? My standing charge alone is triple of this!! "

I'm £160 in credit! I'm going to increase it soon but as my tarrif is coming to an end, my DD is frozen.

I adore my smart meter

London

"Thank fuck sex is free Topsy "

Innit! Although there's always some other hidden cost

King's Crustacean

"Thank fuck sex is free Topsy

Innit! Although there's always some other hidden cost "

Doubt it. You are probably fashioning condoms from bread bags as we type !

London

I've just been looking at my avatar...the shoes are over ten years old and bought for £16. They are my favourites and my go to pair.

The dress was a fiver in a sale at H&M and I wear it with a gorgeous sheer bolero style thing I got from ebay if I'm at a club or with thick tights, a jumper and chunky shoes in winter.

Maidstone

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

"

Impressive! But there are 4 of us living here so looks like I’ll have to wait for everyone to leave home before I can’t start making savings.

Lou x

London

"Thank fuck sex is free Topsy

Innit! Although there's always some other hidden cost

Doubt it. You are probably fashioning condoms from bread bags as we type !"

Posh ones, from Waitrose.

London

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

Impressive! But there are 4 of us living here so looks like I’ll have to wait for everyone to leave home before I can’t start making savings.

Lou x "

The bastards leave the sodding lights on, don't they!

I remember nagging my then stinky teenage son to shower more often, soon regretted it though. 30 minute showers, moldy towels and bottles and bottles of shampoo a week!

Maidstone

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

Lou x

I remember nagging my then stinky teenage son to shower more often, soon regretted it though. 30 minute showers, moldy towels and bottles and bottles of shampoo a week!"

lights, TV, playstation... and let’s not even start on the food bill!

Lou x

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

£30 is still £30 Granny, I'd rather have it than not.

LvM

London

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

Lou x

I remember nagging my then stinky teenage son to shower more often, soon regretted it though. 30 minute showers, moldy towels and bottles and bottles of shampoo a week!

lights, TV, playstation... and let’s not even start on the food bill!

Lou x "

Jeez the food. My two used to complain that I don't buy food, I buy ingredients.

Why they couldn't add some fecking beans the whole loaf of bread I don't know.

The boy used to stand in front of the open fridge, staring in, then walk away and repeat. I'd shout "I've not been shopping in the last ten minutes!".

He once ate a very large jar of pickled onions and was very ill. Apparently he was hungry but couldn't be arsed to make a sandwich.

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Give me a tip while you are at it....."

Hot wire into next doors energy supply and use theirs instead

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

That's less than I pay per week for electricity.

That's less than I pay per week for electricity. "

I think she's trolling us with £8 quid a month.. it's just not realistic or maybe she has hot wired into Putin's house

King's Crustacean

"£30 is still £30 Granny, I'd rather have it than not.

LvM"

Dad ?

King's Crustacean

"Give me a tip while you are at it.....

Hot wire into next doors energy supply and use theirs instead

"

If I had the know how .....

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Only put enough water in your kettle to do how many cups of tea or coffee you want. So many people fill the kettle to maximum for 1 or 2 cups. They should have a look at their electric meter spinning when the kettle's on, they'd soon stop.

King's Crustacean

"Only put enough water in your kettle to do how many cups of tea or coffee you want. So many people fill the kettle to maximum for 1 or 2 cups. They should have a look at their electric meter spinning when the kettle's on, they'd soon stop."

I've had a one cup dispenser for eons....... at least one decade. I have one in the bedroom too.

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

Lou x

I remember nagging my then stinky teenage son to shower more often, soon regretted it though. 30 minute showers, moldy towels and bottles and bottles of shampoo a week!"

Four teens. What bloody chance do I have? I'd have to patrol the house hourly.

London

Any tips welcomed.

Lou x

I make everything last.

Lou x

Four teens. What bloody chance do I have? I'd have to patrol the house hourly. "

Don't fret, you will get your own back

» Add a new message to this topic