FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Witchy business

Witchy business

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

In this season of Halloween let us not forget those poor women of years ago wrongly executed as so called witches. Often peddlers of ancient cures and wisdom, many women were originally in the brewing trade before those witches acts of the 16th century. They actually wore pointy hats to signify their trade and had cats to keep rodents at bay.

Thousands were killed including some men. It happens even today in countries in Africa and even India.

So when you soon see a sexy witch in a costume cackling with merriment spare a thought for those lost ladies and gentlemen of centuries ago (and of today) often burned at the stake or chased and beaten and usually erased from collective memory. They were/are people just like you and I.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I worked with a little boy who had cerebral palsy, global developmental delay and Autism. His parents were Congolese and members of their community thought he was a witch. As a result his mother was very embarrassed by him and he ended up being placed in care. The thing is he was one of the most beautiful souls I'd ever met. His smile was infectious and together we shared so much joy.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I worked with a little boy who had cerebral palsy, global developmental delay and Autism. His parents were Congolese and members of their community thought he was a witch. As a result his mother was very embarrassed by him and he ended up being placed in care. The thing is he was one of the most beautiful souls I'd ever met. His smile was infectious and together we shared so much joy. "

That is awful

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

My wife is trained in identifying abuse by witchcraft in African communities.

» Add a new message to this topic