FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Celebrate divorce

Celebrate divorce

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Should divorce be celebrated in the same way as marriage? I mean, I attended your wedding so why not divorce or is this concept too allien?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My sister and I had a double divorce lol the absolute same day same court back in 1990 x

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Can't see why it shouldn't be celebrated as long as you aren't rubbing it in each others face. Divorce parties are a thing now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just let your emotions do what they want. It was a weird mixed feeling for me.

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

Hmmm divorce can be a delicate one… it’ll really depend on the circumstances which is probably why it’s not as widely celebrated. But if it is I’d expect cake

Bx

"Hmmm divorce can be a delicate one… it’ll really depend on the circumstances which is probably why it’s not as widely celebrated. But if it is I’d expect cake

Bx"

Cake?? It's a divorce not a Birthday party love

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I think it depends. I can understand people wanting to celebrate it finally going through as it can be a long, frustrating process. Some seem to be celebrating each others misery though or celebrating what they "took" from the other during the divorce and I don't like that. I know some people have vile exs but to harbor so much hate is unhealthy and prevents you truly moving on as you'll feel bitter any time anything good happens for them.

Congratulations, you've lost the house the kids and 50 percent of everything you own to a Toxic ex partner. Yeah defo has a ring to it.

By *ry me and seeMan  over a year ago

tyrone

After 11 years apart I'm currently in the process of mine atm. Watch this space a party sounds like a perfect celebration.

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I got my divorce through this week - it’s been a long time coming as I’ve been separated from him for over 10 years but it’s just never happened for one reason or another. We’ve been celebrating all weekend as it’s been a long, tough road to get to where we are.

"Congratulations, you've lost the house the kids and 50 percent of everything you own to a Toxic ex partner. Yeah defo has a ring to it. "

Plus you have to pay for the party

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Congratulations, you've lost the house the kids and 50 percent of everything you own to a Toxic ex partner. Yeah defo has a ring to it. "

Was that your personal experience? You seem pretty young to be so jaded.

Not all divorces end with the women shafting the man I can assure you. You’ll be delighted to know that sometimes the woman gets well and truly shafted!

"Congratulations, you've lost the house the kids and 50 percent of everything you own to a Toxic ex partner. Yeah defo has a ring to it.

Not all divorces end with the women shafting the man I can assure you. You’ll be delighted to know that sometimes the woman gets well and truly shafted! "

Nope I've never had a partner. It happened to someone I know though, and I never mentioned gender I said Toxic ex partner. Because either side can be the toxic one.

When my divorce came along on 23rd December 2016, it was the day of Doughnuts cousins funeral so kind of past us by but the next day, doughnut proposed to me and that was the perfect celebration we needed.

Danish x

"When my divorce came along on 23rd December 2016, it was the day of Doughnuts cousins funeral so kind of past us by but the next day, doughnut proposed to me and that was the perfect celebration we needed.

Danish x"

Here we go again! We never learn

Prestonish

"Congratulations, you've lost the house the kids and 50 percent of everything you own to a Toxic ex partner. Yeah defo has a ring to it.

Not all divorces end with the women shafting the man I can assure you. You’ll be delighted to know that sometimes the woman gets well and truly shafted!

Nope I've never had a partner. It happened to someone I know though, and I never mentioned gender I said Toxic ex partner. Because either side can be the toxic one. "

You didn’t specify a gender but saying ‘losing the kids’ implies the man got shafted as the woman generally gets custody.

I’ve had 2 long term relationships and in both I came out worse financially. I’m clearly not that bright.

Prestonish

"When my divorce came along on 23rd December 2016, it was the day of Doughnuts cousins funeral so kind of past us by but the next day, doughnut proposed to me and that was the perfect celebration we needed.

Danish x

Here we go again! We never learn "

Rather cynical and unnecessary comment in my opinion op!

Nope I've never had a partner. It happened to someone I know though, and I never mentioned gender I said Toxic ex partner. Because either side can be the toxic one.

You didn’t specify a gender but saying ‘losing the kids’ implies the man got shafted as the woman generally gets custody.

I’ve had 2 long term relationships and in both I came out worse financially. I’m clearly not that bright. "

Relationships or marriages?

Danish x

Rather cynical and unnecessary comment in my opinion op! "

Bro you have had 2 relationships you regret. So why again?

Danish x

Rather cynical and unnecessary comment in my opinion op! "

I'm sorry but you don't know us, how can you possibly say something like that when you have no idea about us? Yes my first marriage didn't work out but this one is completely different on every single level. Not everyone's firsts work out

Danish x

My ex and I went for a pizza and a drink straight after the court to celebrate the easy process.

By *reya!Woman  over a year ago

The fun palace

I'll be celebrating mine, just tying up the loose ends now.

I'm planning something a little different to celebrate the end of a difficult and long winded process!

Didnt see it as something to celebrate tbh. I felt relieved it was done and dusted but it was the loss of the initial dreams, promises and hopes for a future with each other that failed. No, I'm not crying over it, it was me who made the move and it was the right thing to do for us both but still saddened me that we had failed.

Prestonish

I’ve had 2 long term relationships and in both I came out worse financially. I’m clearly not that bright.

Relationships or marriages?"

1 marriage, 1 long term relationship.

Prestonish

Danish x

Bro you have had 2 relationships you regret. So why again? "

Firstly - it wasn’t me who got married for the second time - that was donut and danish.

From my point of view - I’m not currently seeking a ‘real’ relationship (I’ve had a non exclusive fwb for the past few months and that’s enough for me) - but if the right person came along at the right time I wouldn’t discount a future relationship - they’d have to be pretty amazing though as I’m very content as I am.

In my humble opinion - refusing to even contemplate letting another human being ever get emotionally close when you’ve been hurt may be the ‘safest’ way - but it’s also a form of cowardice isn’t it?

Prestonish

Danish x

Bro you have had 2 relationships you regret. So why again? "

Bro? When I last checked I was a woman!

Danish x

Firstly - it wasn’t me who got married for the second time - that was donut and danish.

From my point of view - I’m not currently seeking a ‘real’ relationship (I’ve had a non exclusive fwb for the past few months and that’s enough for me) - but if the right person came along at the right time I wouldn’t discount a future relationship - they’d have to be pretty amazing though as I’m very content as I am.

In my humble opinion - refusing to even contemplate letting another human being ever get emotionally close when you’ve been hurt may be the ‘safest’ way - but it’s also a form of cowardice isn’t it? "

How do you come out of a long term relationship financially worse off?

Danish x

Bro? When I last checked I was a woman! "

Still bro

Prestonish

Danish x

In my humble opinion - refusing to even contemplate letting another human being ever get emotionally close when you’ve been hurt may be the ‘safest’ way - but it’s also a form of cowardice isn’t it?

How do you come out of a long term relationship financially worse off? "

Because I’m a soft arse and I let people who aren’t very nice bully me and take advantage.

Hence I’ve been single for 9 years now - to break the cycle of allowing people to treat me like crap.

So far it’s working.

Danish x

Because I’m a soft arse and I let people who aren’t very nice bully me and take advantage.

Hence I’ve been single for 9 years now - to break the cycle of allowing people to treat me like crap.

So far it’s working. "

Still doesn't explain how you'd be financially worse off after a long term relationship lol none of my business just trying to understand so I don't make the same mistakes

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

"Hmmm divorce can be a delicate one… it’ll really depend on the circumstances which is probably why it’s not as widely celebrated. But if it is I’d expect cake

Bx

Cake?? It's a divorce not a Birthday party love "

But a wedding is celebrated with cake also

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Myself I can't see why someone would want to celebrate failure at something.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

No, a divorce is not something to be celebrated.

Prestonish

Danish x

So far it’s working.

Still doesn't explain how you'd be financially worse off after a long term relationship lol none of my business just trying to understand so I don't make the same mistakes "

You couldn’t. You can’t give birth to your partners 2 children and look after them and the home 24/7 whilst your partner sets up a successful business and becomes a millionaire - but says the money is ‘his’ once you split up after 11years!

However - I’m happier skint and single than I was when I was with him - he wasn’t very nice at times.

I celebrated my divorce. (Not because anyone got shafted but because it took ages and cost a lot in solicitors fees.) I joined fab

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I had a big divorce night out with my closest friends. They arranged it all for me & club went above & beyond - highly recommended!!!

J x

I didn't celebrate mine, it was nearly 3 years after we split. I celebrated when I got my fresh start after we split, that was more important to me. I'd celebrate my sister's with her though, it's been a long time coming and will be the end of a rather harrowing chapter for all of us.

Don't think I could celebrate if that happened. I would feel like I'd failed

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

My ex husband and I had a quiet, reflective drink when we got divorced. It was a sad day but the right thing to do.

By *errocaWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire

Well seen as most weddings are just 'pre divorce parties'.. I'd say yes.. Celebrate all the way.

I didn't celebrate my divorce, it was a lengthy 3 year ordeal and I was just relieved it was over and that I could close that chapter and move on.

I don't disagree with people celebrating it, I just didn't see it was necessary for me.

NBVN x

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

We celebrate life in a wake after a funeral.

I kind of see a divorce as the death of a relationship. I see no harm in marking it if that is what you'd like to do.

I haven’t had chance to celebrate mine yet. But I will as I see it more as being set free. I did enough mourning for the relationship I thought I had during the marriage and in the immediate aftermath of the break up.

Me personally I wouldn’t care if he thought I was rubbing it in his face, he’s remarried now and has a new victim. X

By *ry me and seeMan  over a year ago

tyrone

A division of pensions can be made which would leave the main breadwinner as the loser .

Having seen some amazing pics from a divorce party recently .. I say what a way to close the chapter

You can celebrate just about anything in my books. Better than mourning.

Liverpool

Not all divorces end with the women shafting the man I can assure you. You’ll be delighted to know that sometimes the woman gets well and truly shafted! "

Or sometimes people divorce but still do everything they can to support each other as parents. My dad willingly gave my mum extra money on top of child support and let her keep the house as he was the one who left. My mum on the other hand let him keep a key to our house until we were adults. As kids he would still bring us home from school until my mum got home and had us at weekends and we had family meals out with both of them. They were amazing and I still admire them for how well they treated each other after their relationship ended.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Or sometimes people divorce but still do everything they can to support each other as parents. My dad willingly gave my mum extra money on top of child support and let her keep the house as he was the one who left. My mum on the other hand let him keep a key to our house until we were adults. As kids he would still bring us home from school until my mum got home and had us at weekends and we had family meals out with both of them. They were amazing and I still admire them for how well they treated each other after their relationship ended."

My ex had a key some time for the same reasons until a new job meant he wasn’t able to collect from the childminder. Our divorce was as amicable as possible. I drafted the papers & gave to him to make any amendments before filing. He paid the Court fee. We avoided using Solicitors. We kept our own pensions. I bought him out of the house & he kept our beloved VW campervan. I’m not sure why some think we’re all out to screw over our exes & it really annoys me!!

J x

Liverpool

Or sometimes people divorce but still do everything they can to support each other as parents. My dad willingly gave my mum extra money on top of child support and let her keep the house as he was the one who left. My mum on the other hand let him keep a key to our house until we were adults. As kids he would still bring us home from school until my mum got home and had us at weekends and we had family meals out with both of them. They were amazing and I still admire them for how well they treated each other after their relationship ended.

My ex had a key some time for the same reasons until a new job meant he wasn’t able to collect from the childminder. Our divorce was as amicable as possible. I drafted the papers & gave to him to make any amendments before filing. He paid the Court fee. We avoided using Solicitors. We kept our own pensions. I bought him out of the house & he kept our beloved VW campervan. I’m not sure why some think we’re all out to screw over our exes & it really annoys me!!

J x"

Break ups are never easy but I'm so glad it was as smooth as it could be for the two of you. I understand emotions can run high and things can get messy but it always makes me sad when it's the kids that suffer as a result.

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I had a surprise divorce party thrown for me last weekend by my friends. Just a small gathering and they got me a gin frosted cake. We then celebrated with Kroud karaoke which was an absolute blast

» Add a new message to this topic