FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Self care days

Self care days

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How often do you purposely take self-care days?

It’s so important to physical and mental health to press pause occasionally and just take the day off from life as much as you can.

Today, I’m wrapping up in a warm blanket, drinking coffee and watching Netflix.

Ice cream Donations welcome

What’s do you do on your self care days?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope you’re having this day because you want it more than need it mate?

Personally to switch off I head to the hills or forest. Grab my trusty day sack, jetboil, brew kit, food and a book. Put the lead on the dog and head out for the day. Somewhere away from the crowds. Climb a hill and find a nice spot, a nice view out of the wind and make a brew and enjoy some me time.

Weekly!

Days? Never. The odd hour here and there.

"Hope you’re having this day because you want it more than need it mate?

Personally to switch off I head to the hills or forest. Grab my trusty day sack, jetboil, brew kit, food and a book. Put the lead on the dog and head out for the day. Somewhere away from the crowds. Climb a hill and find a nice spot, a nice view out of the wind and make a brew and enjoy some me time.

"

More of a need today my friend. I’m usually all for getting outdoors as you know but today I will be stopping away from the crowds by hiding behind the sofa pretending I’m not home

"Weekly! "

That’s awesome

"Days? Never. The odd hour here and there."

Same. If I have free days there's a waiting list of stuff to do but I try and make it enjoyable.

As often as time permits

"Days? Never. The odd hour here and there."

Try a full day. It’s the best

Rarely a day. I may grab a few hours here and there.

"Days? Never. The odd hour here and there.

Same. If I have free days there's a waiting list of stuff to do but I try and make it enjoyable."

If they’ve waited this long they can wait another day

[Removed by poster at 24/10/21 09:21:37]

Try a full day. It’s the best"

Single parent, never happens!

More of a need today my friend. I’m usually all for getting outdoors as you know but today I will be stopping away from the crowds by hiding behind the sofa pretending I’m not home "

Yep

I take them when I can, if in dire need of rest it usually involves bed, Netflix and cups of tea.

I nap to recharge most days anyway!!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Every few months or so? I don't need them more than that but can appreciate others might.

What I do depends on how I'm feeling and what I need. Self care to me can be anything from going for a jog and then going to my friend's yoga studio if I'm feeling lethargic and like I need that kick up the arse, a chance to revitalize my weary self.

Or it might involve me going for a long walk around the woods or a local(ish) reservoir and stopping and appreciating nature, realising how lucky I am. That's good for times when I need to snap out of my self indulgent wallowing.

Or it could be baking a cake, embracing the more hygge pace of life with lighting candles, running therapeutic hot baths, wearing clothes that feel soft, catching up with friends and nourishing my soul.

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I’ll be joining you, metaphorically, today. I’ve got a nice breakfast planned, some radio I want to catch up on, blanket wrapped, later I’ll watch a movie before Sunday dinner for one.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Making time for yourself in a busy life is important. I’d say that too much time to yourself can be just as damaging as not enough as well.

Mental health, just as with physical health, is all about balance

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Nowhere near enough. In fact I've been more self harming than self caring for the last year plus.

I've put loads of weight on, only exercise I've been doing has been my job and I know I've been comfort eating all the shit foods at all the wrong times.

I look in the mirror and hate the reflection I see. Not because I hate myself, but I know the work I've got to do to get where I want to be is hard and I don't have the motivation to do it. I barely have the motivation to leave my bed on my days off.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I call it a lazy day rather than a self care day, that makes me cringe a little.

More of a need today my friend. I’m usually all for getting outdoors as you know but today I will be stopping away from the crowds by hiding behind the sofa pretending I’m not home

Yep

I take them when I can, if in dire need of rest it usually involves bed, Netflix and cups of tea.

"

That sounds perfect for me today

"Every few months or so? I don't need them more than that but can appreciate others might.

What I do depends on how I'm feeling and what I need. Self care to me can be anything from going for a jog and then going to my friend's yoga studio if I'm feeling lethargic and like I need that kick up the arse, a chance to revitalize my weary self.

Or it might involve me going for a long walk around the woods or a local(ish) reservoir and stopping and appreciating nature, realising how lucky I am. That's good for times when I need to snap out of my self indulgent wallowing.

Or it could be baking a cake, embracing the more hygge pace of life with lighting candles, running therapeutic hot baths, wearing clothes that feel soft, catching up with friends and nourishing my soul.

"

I started to read about hygge. I need to get back to it. Thanks for the idea as I might include that today as well

I have to admit I don’t, I know I 100% need but never take the time, my mind always just says to me to keep busy and things will pass but they never do

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I try and have an hour most evenings once the house is quiet. I also have a half day every 3 weeks for proper pampering where I get my nails, waxing and other treatments done

I’m taking the whole weekend to do that after a stressful few weeks!

Self care for me means long dog walks, home cooked healthy food, long hot showers and pampering myself and snuggling up with a good movie and copious amounts of tea!!

Yep

That sounds perfect for me today"

Head to Alport castles it’s a great walk missed by the throngs as it’s nit an easy route to follow at times

"I’ll be joining you, metaphorically, today. I’ve got a nice breakfast planned, some radio I want to catch up on, blanket wrapped, later I’ll watch a movie before Sunday dinner for one. "

You make the breakfast, I’ll do the coffee

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Not allowed here! Been poorly and done nothing for over a week and felt bad enough about that.

Enjoy your time today x

"I’m taking the whole weekend to do that after a stressful few weeks!

Self care for me means long dog walks, home cooked healthy food, long hot showers and pampering myself and snuggling up with a good movie and copious amounts of tea!! "

What’s the movie recommendations? If they’re 80s classics like breakfast club budge up

Not as often as I need them. I keep saying thi no a will settle and then I will. However next weekend I’m taking some much needed time out.

Sheffield

"I’ll be joining you, metaphorically, today. I’ve got a nice breakfast planned, some radio I want to catch up on, blanket wrapped, later I’ll watch a movie before Sunday dinner for one.

You make the breakfast, I’ll do the coffee "

Sounds like a plan

More of a need today my friend. I’m usually all for getting outdoors as you know but today I will be stopping away from the crowds by hiding behind the sofa pretending I’m not home "

As long as you’re watching 89s action movies it’s a big thumbs up from Chuck Norris.

Self care for me means long dog walks, home cooked healthy food, long hot showers and pampering myself and snuggling up with a good movie and copious amounts of tea!! "

God yes I’m now adding a long hot shower to todays list. I maybe gone some time

Sheffield

Ditto!

Well, I’m on breakfast duty, The Bearded Guy’s on coffee, you do the tea and pick the film.

Self care for me means long dog walks, home cooked healthy food, long hot showers and pampering myself and snuggling up with a good movie and copious amounts of tea!!

Ditto!

Well, I’m on breakfast duty, The Bearded Guy’s on coffee, you do the tea and pick the film. "

The film needs to be something I don’t have to think too hard about

"Not as often as I need them. I keep saying thi no a will settle and then I will. However next weekend I’m taking some much needed time out. "

A weekend sounds like a much needed break

Sheffield

Ditto!

Well, I’m on breakfast duty, The Bearded Guy’s on coffee, you do the tea and pick the film.

The film needs to be something I don’t have to think too hard about "

The cinematic equivalent of zopiclone for me!

What’s the movie recommendations? If they’re 80s classics like breakfast club budge up "

Currently Total Recall the remake but I’ll watch anything! Plenty of room in the king size bed

God yes I’m now adding a long hot shower to todays list. I maybe gone some time "

You know those showers where you just stand there with the water hitting your neck, taking in the warmth…..and not feeling guilty for being in there for ages!!

What’s the movie recommendations? If they’re 80s classics like breakfast club budge up

Currently Total Recall the remake but I’ll watch anything! Plenty of room in the king size bed "

Does the lady still

Have three boobs in that re make?

I’m in

Ditto!

The cinematic equivalent of zopiclone for me! "

I’m now thinking zoolander

God yes I’m now adding a long hot shower to todays list. I maybe gone some time

You know those showers where you just stand there with the water hitting your neck, taking in the warmth…..and not feeling guilty for being in there for ages!! "

It’s well known that I like showers

By *_elia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"How often do you purposely take self-care days?

What’s do you do on your self care days?"

Presently, not enough. One is trying to re-organise ones life and allow time for much needed self care.

Various activities from a long bath and pamper session,To a long fresh air walk or cycle, to simply taking timeout in the garden.

As the years creep by the more I feel life is shortened and I will miss the small things...

Currently Total Recall the remake but I’ll watch anything! Plenty of room in the king size bed

Does the lady still

I’m in "

Ha ha yes she does!!!

What’s do you do on your self care days?

Presently, not enough. One is trying to re-organise ones life and allow time for much needed self care.

Various activities from a long bath and pamper session,To a long fresh air walk or cycle, to simply taking timeout in the garden.

As the years creep by the more I feel life is shortened and I will miss the small things... "

Self care days are important to recharge for increased productivity

I hope you get the restoration that you need from your day, OP.

I (Mrs) recently had to take a series of self care days after pushing on for too long.

Nothing is more important than looking after ourselves

"I hope you get the restoration that you need from your day, OP.

I (Mrs) recently had to take a series of self care days after pushing on for too long.

Nothing is more important than looking after ourselves "

Thank you just need a day off to reset if that makes sense

Can't afford days so only an hour here or there.

"Can't afford days so only an hour here or there."

It’s important to get what you can when you can

Used to belt across to Wales and sit on a hillside near Dolgellau for a few days..

Get away from it all with some like-minded people, enjoy the scenery, banter and the odd low-flying military aircraft passing below us at 500mph!recharged the batteries perfectly

It’s so important to physical and mental health to press pause occasionally and just take the day off from life as much as you can.

Exactly that, hot water bottle and blanket, Netflix or Disney+ if I am feeling particularly 'meh' then it's a Marvel day, Gaurdians of the Galaxy is my go to film on those days. Otherwise it's chick flicks

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Switch off all screens and sit outside in garden with a good book and music.

By *ommy trucker1Man  over a year ago

south wales

Just get up and grab the mountain bike bag of food and head for the mountains . Loads here in south wales. 5/6 hours out just me and my thoughts clear the mind body gets a good workout . My soul feels energised. Ready to face the next challenges in life.

I head to the golf course, if I ‘need’ a day, then I play on my own. Standing no a deserted field always sets me straight.

Does the lady still

I’m in

Ha ha yes she does!!! "

Awesome, can we watch Dredd after? I’ll bring nibbles…. And shower gel

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Try a full day. It’s the best

Single parent, never happens! "

Same here. I just try having an hour when they’re in bed in the evening just doing nothing even a soak in the bath with some peace and quiet is nice

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Walking somewhere away from the crowds helps to switch my head off. Or curling up on the sofa with a good book or listening to some music. It’s odd but I don’t feel so alone when I’m out walking even if there’s no one else around.

"I head to the golf course, if I ‘need’ a day, then I play on my own. Standing no a deserted field always sets me straight. "

Solo golf is very underrated

As and when I need them, as long as life allows. I try not to let myself get burnt out anymore.

Sometimes it's a simple as a long hot bath or curled up in front of the TV not worrying about anything else. It depends on what I need at the time and what the cause of it is.

Enjoy your day OP

Hope the “me therapy’s working Brah”

I know you love the hills too

"As and when I need them, as long as life allows. I try not to let myself get burnt out anymore.

Sometimes it's a simple as a long hot bath or curled up in front of the TV not worrying about anything else. It depends on what I need at the time and what the cause of it is.

Enjoy your day OP "

Burnout is something I’ve very aware of and should be taken seriously at the first signs.

Thank you

Hope the “me therapy’s working Brah”

I know you love the hills too"

I’m starting to question, how much coffee is too much?

Yes I do now I'm older, had a bit of a burnout after a tough week at work last week so spent the weekend chilling out

"Yes I do now I'm older, had a bit of a burnout after a tough week at work last week so spent the weekend chilling out "

That’s awesome to hear you managed to take the time to just chill

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I take them as and when I need them. My body tells me.. I knew I needed one yesturday when I went baking crazy to distract my mind. Today I’ve crashed.. so I will be snuggling up with the mutts and a book and dozing. Self care is important. We all need to switch off sometimes and reset.

"Yes I do now I'm older, had a bit of a burnout after a tough week at work last week so spent the weekend chilling out

That’s awesome to hear you managed to take the time to just chill "

Cheers mate I nearly fainted last week it scared the shit out of me so went to the docs, all tests were OK just waiting on blood tests fingers crossed

Sheffield

Ditto!

The cinematic equivalent of zopiclone for me!

I’m now thinking zoolander "

Perfect, sorry if I snore!

I work for myself, my work/life balance wasn't there and I was struggling so I gave myself some days off. It's really helped but the balance needs to be better.

I'm planning to do this on Tuesday. Going to get my hair done and a foot treatment.

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

This is interesting what we class as self care. I've got a whole day to myself today with no plans in place (the kids dad asked for an extra night with them at short notice)

This is a rare thing indeed. I stayed up late last night doing not a lot and woke up an hour ago and I am bored already... I'm not sure what my self care place is, I'll go for a wander soon, get a coffee but that's through not wanting to be stuck in the house alone all day. Is my self care time with others? I don't know.

What is self care days?

Sounds like we both need that lol

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Definitely less than I should, normally it's when my body is telling me I need to.

Duvet,boxset and a load of snacks after a long soak or a shower is my normal go to for a me day

Can't remember the last time I got one!

"I take them as and when I need them. My body tells me.. I knew I needed one yesturday when I went baking crazy to distract my mind. Today I’ve crashed.. so I will be snuggling up with the mutts and a book and dozing. Self care is important. We all need to switch off sometimes and reset. "

Distraction doesn’t work for me at all. I end up doing the things I should be doing instead

"Yes I do now I'm older, had a bit of a burnout after a tough week at work last week so spent the weekend chilling out

That’s awesome to hear you managed to take the time to just chill

Cheers mate I nearly fainted last week it scared the shit out of me so went to the docs, all tests were OK just waiting on blood tests fingers crossed "

I’m happy you took action on this and didn’t just ignore it

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Does having a wank count?

I'm doing the self care right now. Sunday roast down the pub with a long Island ice tea and as everyone knows, tea is medicinal ;-p

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

Hope you’re ok enjoy your day x

I love a long soak in the bath listening to music, followed by a Netflix binge whilst munching on cheese and fresh bread… bliss! x

"I work for myself, my work/life balance wasn't there and I was struggling so I gave myself some days off. It's really helped but the balance needs to be better. "

This is a large percentage of my issues. Always something that needs doing

"I'm planning to do this on Tuesday. Going to get my hair done and a foot treatment. "

Awesome enjoy

"This is interesting what we class as self care. I've got a whole day to myself today with no plans in place (the kids dad asked for an extra night with them at short notice)

This is a rare thing indeed. I stayed up late last night doing not a lot and woke up an hour ago and I am bored already... I'm not sure what my self care place is, I'll go for a wander soon, get a coffee but that's through not wanting to be stuck in the house alone all day. Is my self care time with others? I don't know. "

For me it’s one of 2 things. Firstly it’s doing what makes me feel good. Today for me is not doing the things I should be and not feeling guilty about it

I dont get whole days to do it so grab what I can. An early night is favourite, (early is still 10 pm or so) I will dissapear out quickly alone to walk the dogs or check on the horse before anyone can join me and get an hour or so that way. I would like to go away for a whole day and night just me, once I can get over the leaving the dogs and children guilt. I like to just roam a beach and not have to talk to anyone.

"Definitely less than I should, normally it's when my body is telling me I need to.

Duvet,boxset and a load of snacks after a long soak or a shower is my normal go to for a me day"

Sounds perfect room for one more?

I'm a lucky bastard, 2 weeks off /month, plenty of time to forget about anything and just set myself as a main priority.

Workouts, swimming, running, hobbies, travelling, friends, chilling... No responsibilities, apart from my own wellbeing. I don't think I would be able to cope anymore with a regular schedule. I've got enough of it in the past. Money is not everything.

Feel even more shit than ever was going to watch Utd v LFC at pub but got shitty cold had it for two weeks so home and sky !

Often take a day to myself no work or home stuff will travel out of portsmouth. If the day goes to plan will dress as jade and meet others

"I'm doing the self care right now. Sunday roast down the pub with a long Island ice tea and as everyone knows, tea is medicinal ;-p"

Now I’m hungry and thirsty

By *asha86Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Depends on mood, could be anything as simple as Netflix and chill with blanket, hot choc and sweets to having nails or hair done. Also love to read books or doodle/draw xT

Hope you’re ok enjoy your day x

I love a long soak in the bath listening to music, followed by a Netflix binge whilst munching on cheese and fresh bread… bliss! x"

Now I need a cheeseboard

Having a self care Sunday today. Currently lying in a warm bath. Just washed off a lush face mask. Got a bath bomb in. Going to smother myself in cocoa butter when I get out and then give myself a pedicure.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Definitely less than I should, normally it's when my body is telling me I need to.

Duvet,boxset and a load of snacks after a long soak or a shower is my normal go to for a me day

Sounds perfect room for one more? "

Always x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Never

Probably once a month. I enjoy my Sundays, tend to spend them tidying and ironing and that always puts my mind at ease and seems to be great for de-stressing me.

everyday half hour meditation...

Once a week when I don't work I make the effort to have a lay in, have an extra long, hot shower, trim myself and then a full moisturise all over. All those things condidered unusual for a bloke!

Most days I take a hour out and just sit In the shower and relax

"Having a self care Sunday today. Currently lying in a warm bath. Just washed off a lush face mask. Got a bath bomb in. Going to smother myself in cocoa butter when I get out and then give myself a pedicure. "

Nothing like doing it in style

"Probably once a month. I enjoy my Sundays, tend to spend them tidying and ironing and that always puts my mind at ease and seems to be great for de-stressing me. "

With music? TV?

» Add a new message to this topic