FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thankful

Thankful

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

There have been a few reflective threads today, some of which have sent me off on a few rollercoasters and I’ve struck on a little thread of thoughts.

It’s often the case that we focus our thoughts on that which we don’t have or that which we’ve lost, this can be a helpful thing for setting ourselves targets, it can also detract from recognising what we do have. In that way, let’s focus on recognising what we’ve got and what we’re thankful for in our lives.

Away you go folks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm thankful for good family, friends having a roof over my head and money in my pocket. Knowing how lucky I am and how much worse it could be.

I am also thankful for the hardships over the years and currently as it has shaped me into a far better empathetic and grounded person.

I've got masses to be thankful for. I'm just a buzzing little bubble of happiness at the minute

I keep a gratitude journal and write three things that I'm grateful for every night which always help when I'm not feeling as happy.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I’m thankful for that dear friend who keeps consistently checking in.

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m thankful for my friends, without whom I’d be lost. For my kids who give me a reason to keep going.

I’m thankful for my health, for my body which is strong and for the freedom and ability to run.

I’m thankful for my mind, which is my greatest tool and I’m thankful for tomorrow where opportunities are infinite

Thankful that though I think things are bad they could be a lot worse

Thankful for the friends who try to keep me going even if I don't want to

Thankful for the giggles some of the interactions on here give me

I'm thankful it's the school holidays and I don't gots to gets up at stupid o clock to go to work.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I’m thankful for those that picked me up and made me keep getting up.

I’m grateful for my dogs that make me smile every day.

I’m grateful for the darkness. It made me a better human.

I’m thankful for amazing friends. Many of whom have started here, so hey are my biggest support and challenge me in many ways.

I’m thankful for my children, for what they give and teach me.

I’m thankful that despite everything I’m here and tomorrows a new day

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I'm thankful for my kids/grandkids

My furbabys having a job and a roof over my head and food in my belly for just being alive and happy x

"There have been a few reflective threads today, some of which have sent me off on a few rollercoasters and I’ve struck on a little thread of thoughts.

It’s often the case that we focus our thoughts on that which we don’t have or that which we’ve lost, this can be a helpful thing for setting ourselves targets, it can also detract from recognising what we do have. In that way, let’s focus on recognising what we’ve got and what we’re thankful for in our lives.

Away you go folks! "

Absolutely. This is basically the teaching behind Buddhism, life means suffering, it is by taking away the desire for change that suffering is overcome, not by ending suffering - not that I am by any means an expert on Buddhism so may have paraphrased this badly.

I am grateful to be alive during the most peaceful and least violent era of human history. I am grateful to have been born where and what U am. I am grateful for the people I have in my life. I am grateful for being able to experience what I have.

Mr

It’s the little things we take for granted, outdoors, sunrise and sunset, grateful for friends who are there, our health and my little hobbies I love

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'm thankful for an awful lot of things. I have people and things in my life that bring me joy. I'm thankful that I'm loved and can love. I'm thankful for the simple things like the walk on the beach that I enjoyed this morning. And I'm thankful for the tenacity that means I can keep going when life throws me a curveball.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I'm thankful for a couple of v good friends and my partner.

Many of the people I work with,

My cats too, just watching them makes me smile.

» Add a new message to this topic