FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Charity shops

Charity shops

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you use them? What’s your best bargain? What things do you buy from them and what things would you never buy? Are the ones near you like a high end boutique or is it like someone’s emptied their carboot on a 70’s stained brown rug?

The ones near to me are a mixed bag but I like to pick up vintage clothing that society deems unfashionable right now. They’re the only place other than M&S where you can get shawl neck jumpers and I just bagged myself a dark grey Ralph Lauren one for £4.50.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I love them. Shop there mostly for clothes and picked up many bargains like Phase Eight and Julien Mcdonald dresses. Also got my favourite Aldo sling backs for £3 in a charity shop.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I like visiting them when I travel , little posh villages with lots old people have the best stuff, although most have become savvy on pricing now. I’ll be on the lookout in Northumberland next week for boots, winter coats , maybe a scarf and a book

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Have a posh village few miles out tenterden love a browse in their charity shops some nice stuff in them got a couple of dresses last time was there x

"I love them. Shop there mostly for clothes and picked up many bargains like Phase Eight and Julien Mcdonald dresses. Also got my favourite Aldo sling backs for £3 in a charity shop."

You wear it well Bluebell.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I like visiting them when I travel , little posh villages with lots old people have the best stuff, although most have become savvy on pricing now. I’ll be on the lookout in Northumberland next week for boots, winter coats , maybe a scarf and a book "

And if you like books there's a huge second hand book shop in Alnwick in the old station building

"I like visiting them when I travel , little posh villages with lots old people have the best stuff, although most have become savvy on pricing now. I’ll be on the lookout in Northumberland next week for boots, winter coats , maybe a scarf and a book "

Yes, some shops sell products at more than they retailed for brand new. £20 Primarni jeans for example.

Books are my weakness. I bought loads but ran out of room. I had a massive clear out during lockdown and got myself a library card instead.

"Have a posh village few miles out tenterden love a browse in their charity shops some nice stuff in them got a couple of dresses last time was there x"

You always dress to impress CF

"I like visiting them when I travel , little posh villages with lots old people have the best stuff, although most have become savvy on pricing now. I’ll be on the lookout in Northumberland next week for boots, winter coats , maybe a scarf and a book

And if you like books there's a huge second hand book shop in Alnwick in the old station building "

I think I’ve been there and if it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s great.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Some great dresses in them x

Used to use them predominantly for books or to donate when having book or dvd clear out

Bought clothes the odd time but not often

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I also recently bought a tall bookshelf for my living room. I was going to pay £400 from Next but got my new one for £35.

Love a charity shop for clothes and found a lovely Calvin dress once

I got a vintage pair of irregular choice shoes in beautiful condition for £5 once

I love them. It is the highlight of my travels finding new charity shops full of bargains.

"I also recently bought a tall bookshelf for my living room. I was going to pay £400 from Next but got my new one for £35. "

I like it when things like this happen. You set yourself up for spending a certain amount so when you get something for less than you thought it’s like a small lottery win. Did you buy anything else with the money you saved?

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

I used to buy books from them.

Now I tend just to take clothes and stuff to them.

Must have taken 10 bin bags of clothes in over the last year.

Really should use ebay but cba and the money goes to good causes

"I love them. It is the highlight of my travels finding new charity shops full of bargains. "

It’s the thrill of finding that elusive bargain that keeps you coming back.

By *D70Man  over a year ago

Lyndhurst, New Forest

Love having a browse. Once picked up brand new Racing Green suit for £11 which fitted just perfect. Ideal to wear to court.

» Add a new message to this topic